Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kikas posted:

One Winged Jeff

Safer Jephiroth

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Will someone please explain to me where the "Anime is real" meme came from?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it comes from the fact that anime is real, and it rules

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

readingatwork posted:

Will someone please explain to me where the "Anime is real" meme came from?

It's from a bit in Undertale, I think, where you have the option to reassure a lesbian mermaid that anime is totally real.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm starting to get the feeling that if I don't play undertale soon it's going to end up getting inadvertently spoiled by an incautious piece of fanart.

But I'm not in an rpg mood right now :qq:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm starting to get the feeling that if I don't play undertale soon it's going to end up getting inadvertently spoiled by an incautious piece of fanart.

But I'm not in an rpg mood right now :qq:
If it helps, the rpg battles really take a form closer to combination of a puzzle game and a bullet-hell-shooter.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I've played the demo and know I like it, I mean I'm not up for a heavy/possibly melancholy story at the minute (still recovering from Kojima's one-two gut punch)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im glad akuma is in this comic now

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've played the demo and know I like it, I mean I'm not up for a heavy/possibly melancholy story at the minute (still recovering from Kojima's one-two gut punch)

It's really uplifting unless you kill somebody.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

I'm not up for a heavy/possibly melancholy story at the minute

unseenlibrarian posted:

It's from a bit where you have the option to reassure a lesbian mermaid that anime is totally real

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The nice thing is that both those quotes are actually accurate

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

The 'meanwhile' link goes to a dead page. Where can I see the god drat anime fruit bowls??

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wonder if they'll go along with this

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

nah, johnny's totally going forge next panel

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Didn't Ollie already get hit like 5 pages ago or something? He's out. So is RJ. It's just Max and Johnny on one side, and Isabel, HiJeff, and the ball golem on the other side.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Genuinely happy to see Ball Golem reigning supreme.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Genuinely happy to see Ball Golem reigning supreme.

Sadly, this may not last; Isabel's opened a hole in its defenses and I wouldn't be surprised if it got taken out as a result.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

One of these days, they're gonna find me in a room with "they didn't link the new page" carved into the walls with a pair of scissors.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Poison Mushroom posted:

One of these days, they're gonna find me in a room with "they didn't link the new page" carved into the walls with a pair of scissors.

Come on, dude:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Poison Mushroom posted:

How about "I died as I lived: painfully illiterate"?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oops. :downs:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm gonna predict Max accidentally catches the red ball, because it just feels right. Leaves just Johnny, Max and HiJeff, and makes things weird for Activity Club friendships, because they aren't screwed up enough already.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That's the second time you've missed someone posting it and complained about it :smith:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Okay, I got a good chuckle out of Isabel's "thanks brain, good use of RAM" line.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

pandaK posted:

nah, johnny's totally going forge next panel

I think Max will catch on to Isabel's plan and allow himself to be knocked out, Isabel will knock out everyone except Johnny before he knocks her out, then there will be a standoff between Johnny and Hijack, then he'll go Forge.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ariong posted:

I think Max will catch on to Isabel's plan and allow himself to be knocked out, Isabel will knock out everyone except Johnny before he knocks her out, then there will be a standoff between Johnny and Hijack, then he'll go Forge.

Cool can't wait to see this next year.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Isabel is my favorite character, and this page is a wonderful example of why. She loves fighting, but her greatest asset isn't pure strength, it's her intelligence. She's also got the most going on so far character conflict wise. She's like a well written Korra.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My prediction: Someone is going to catch the converter ball and the entire other team will have to get off the bench.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Splicer posted:

My prediction: Someone is going to catch the converter ball and the entire other team will have to get off the bench.
Agreed, I don't think that would be in the rules unless it was going to happen. I mean I realize it already did happen but that was more of a joke, only 1 guy was on the bench at the time.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hey this is dimitri's spectral hand right:

where's spectral dimitri. where's dimitri and max going on ghost adventures

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder if Hijack is gonna go for teachers after its plan plays out.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
This game of hitball has been going on for almost 6 months.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
A more interesting question is "why didn't Hijack jack a teacher immediately if it can do that?"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

There has to be some limitation. It started with a dog, maybe it must go from weakest to strongest.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Because he couldn't get into the teachers lounge. Hijacks trying to harm another student to get in. Hitball.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Because he couldn't get into the teachers lounge. Hijacks trying to harm another student to get in. Hitball.

Actually, I think the question is, why didn't he just possess, say, Mr. Garcia, who came face-to-face with the dog while it was possessed. Also why it went for Jeff instead of Max or Isabel, etc. There's probably something behind all that, though at the moment I'm not sure what.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Roland Jones posted:

Actually, I think the question is, why didn't he just possess, say, Mr. Garcia, who came face-to-face with the dog while it was possessed. Also why it went for Jeff instead of Max or Isabel, etc. There's probably something behind all that, though at the moment I'm not sure what.

I suppose Hijack cannot overcome easily strong-willed characters, so it cannot just jump from people to people. We've only seen it possessing a dog and Jeff, and when it took over Jeff, Jeff's spirit was thoroughly crushed. Garcia was, at worst, slightly confused by the dog's behavior.

In fact looking back at the scene with Garcia, it kind of looks like it tried to take over him and failed.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

oddium posted:

hey this is dimitri's spectral hand right:

where's spectral dimitri. where's dimitri and max going on ghost adventures

Have we seen that bar at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Yvonmukluk posted:

Have we seen that bar at all?

It's where Spender broods and pretends he can drink.