Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They should obviously make "Let's play Call of Cthulhu until the first gamebreaking bug" a yearly feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

If there is an Undertale LP I hope they do a SH2 thing and give it room to breath where necessary. Yes, I want them to mark the gently caress out at the hype moments, but it will break my heart if someone goes gun-jumping dialog mashthrough.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Wasn't MGS4 originally supposed to end with Solid Snake shooting himself until Kojima's team kept telling him he couldn't do that so he threw in the Big Boss stuff at the last minute?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Laphroaig posted:

I am looking forward to this year's shitstorm

AGREED

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhonne posted:

Wasn't MGS4 originally supposed to end with Solid Snake shooting himself until Kojima's team kept telling him he couldn't do that so he threw in the Big Boss stuff at the last minute?

yes

it's why this song is in the game

e: vv okay no that's what was supposed to happen

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 29, 2015

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Rhonne posted:

Snake and Otacon were going to turn themselves in, and then be executed for acts of terrorism.

But yeah, the team shut that down way hard.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The ending wouldn't have been as bad as it was if Big Boss didn't spend an entire year monologuing the events of the series to you only to die as soon as his speech ended and he turned it back to Zero. Like Snake moving on and living would've been fine if not hamhanded to all hell and back for the sake of a happy ending, you didn't need to drag BB's name through the mud though.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Totally fine with Otacon not getting offed though. Because in Revengeance he becomes the ultimate playboy and Cool Dad to Sunny.

I mean, I doubt a lot of parents would be cool letting their daughter hang out with and keep a Dog-Shaped Robot Buddy, but Otacon is chill like that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sunny is smarter than 99% of the world, probably even Otacon so it's bit of an exception.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I don't want to throw out unreasonable requests, but if you guys are planning on doing SOMA for the Shitstorm I really hope it pulls a Rule of Rose and you play the whole thing, because the first hour or so is pedestrian in comparison to where it goes!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Soma is really cool and I'd also like to watch them play it

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I took a look at their vessel page :getin:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Depths posted:

I took a look at their vessel page :getin:

The shitstorm is upon us.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God dammit, time to subscribe to Vessel

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Baal posted:

God dammit, time to subscribe to Vessel

Dont do it, just wait

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not waiting for the shitstorm, I'm too impatient

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The first month is free.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

havenwaters posted:

The shitstorm is upon us.

I don't see shitstorm anywhere on the page

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

I don't see shitstorm anywhere on the page

4th video

Also holy poo poo, thank you guys for mentioning MML is coming out on PSN in the podcast, on that poo poo so hard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm very curious what the update schedule will be like during the shitstorm, since MGSV and Dangan Ronpa still have at least another like 30 episodes each left.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hm, Vessel doesn't seem to be updating properly for me then. The latest video I have is Undertale. I know there are new videos, they're just not coming up on the page, the site recommended me this week's Fisticuffs after a video.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

KZX posted:

Really hoping the next Matt and Woolie LP is Undertale. It would honestly be a perfect fit for that combo.

Pretty sure it's Liam and Matt since they both mentioned off-handedly how close they were to each other distance wise in it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Do not even ask posted:

4th video

Also holy poo poo, thank you guys for mentioning MML is coming out on PSN in the podcast, on that poo poo so hard.

not showing up for me!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Blockhouse posted:

not showing up for me!

There's only one shitstorm video out right now on vessel: https://www.vessel.com/videos/CsgKvEX7G

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
sigh

I'm taking the free month

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I this is going to be my only use of Vessel.

This site design is terrible.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Watching shitstorm videos before october is just wrong, gently caress vessel

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Depths posted:

Watching shitstorm videos before october is just wrong, gently caress vessel

It's actually the best, because every Dangan Ronpa video just means there's a new video on vessel I can watch instead

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Vessel is good for non-subs because it shows us the upcoming videos on the site instead of leaving us guessing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have no clue what vessel is but Matt just confirmed a undertale LP so I'm pretty excited.

Wondering who's going to be in it and how blind it'll be since Matt and Wooly have played a bit of it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wondering who's going to be in it and how blind it'll be since Matt and Wooly have played a bit of it.

Zac and one of Liam's anime pillows.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I'm playing it with Liam. I went in super blind, as in, I knew the game was named Undertale and it was good.

So I just played like, whatever, experimenting and doing different things, so I killed some stuff.

I was told by the internet this was the wrong way to play.

So I started over the save file, and played the correct way the internet yelled at me about. So we'll be continuing our LP from there.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

How far did you play before starting over?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Awesome, eager to see how you guys handle it as the game is pretty fantastic.

That and I've been poking Liam about it via twitter like a year ago.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm playing it with Liam. I went in super blind, as in, I knew the game was named Undertale and it was good.

So I just played like, whatever, experimenting and doing different things, so I killed some stuff.

So I started over the save file, and played the correct way the internet yelled at me about. So we'll be continuing our LP from there.

There's no wrong way to play as long as you have DETERMINATION. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

How did the internet telling you you were doing something wrong have an effect in this example as opposed to literally any other time?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheRealestMatt posted:

Should have kept everything. Resetting and regretting our story is all part of the Undertale charm.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

TheRealestMatt posted:

The internet is hella dumb because I wouldn't say killing a few things at the start of Undertale is the wrong way to play.

I guess the only problem with doing it that way if you went for the True end after getting the neutral end would be having to play through the entire game again and having commentate on it because of True Path changes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RareAcumen posted:

How did the internet telling you you were doing something wrong have an effect in this example as opposed to literally any other time?

Pretty big late game spoilers probably has to do with the fact that if you kill anything you have to repeat the entire game over again to get to the better ending and real final boss and stuff. It's a shame as the game feels a lot less organic being told "guys no killing otherwise you'll miss the good end!!!!" but for a LP it's probably the best way. As personally attached to this silly game as I am I don't want another Astro Boy

I don't know if he does already but would suggest just straight up ignoring youtube comments till the playthroughs all done and recorded. Ever video I've seen on this game is filled with people trying to be cute about spoiling things even when said youtuber goes "please stop."

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Should have kept everything. Resetting and regretting our story is all part of the Undertale charm.

I got to the end of undertale feeling like absolute poo poo about the two kills I had made and I wouldn't have it any other way