Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sincere posters, however, will be spared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

would: 100%

im the floating image artifacts they forgot to cut out

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

i watched it because i was interested in what made dilbert like it so much. am i spared.

Yah that's honestly as good a reason as any to check something out

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i lost interest in bakemonogatari after mayoi snail because i was 12 and i liked mayoi doing cute things but all the reading required after that was too much for me to keep up with

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

i lost interest in bakemonogatari after mayoi snail because i was 12 and i liked mayoi doing cute things but all the reading required after that was too much for me to keep up with
im glad a 12 year old didnt get to the toothbrush scene

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

im glad a 12 year old didnt get to the toothbrush scene
nise wasnt out then or even close to being out yet

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

12 year old me would have loved the monogatari series

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i also started to watch CA because of dilbert's obsession with it. i have yet to finish it though

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

stop watching cross ange you tards

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Admoon posted:

12 year old me would have loved the monogatari series

:yeah:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at the very least i dont regret having watched cross ange, even if it was pretty bad.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

my favorite show as a child was nodame cantabile and its still one of my favorites!!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

mine was buffy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched the first episode of CA and laughed a lot, I genuinely enjoyed it

It is terrible

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i dont have enough room on my harddrive to download the hunter x hunter blu rays

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

i will one day muster up the courage to play the half life games

DID ANYONE SAY HALF LIFE

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ask me anything about the half life series and i will be able to answer.

----------------

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who is Gordon Freeman

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Davincie posted:

mine was buffy

heck :yeah:

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

oh and zetsubou sensei. i was oddly obsessed with that show as a child and rewatched the OP more than the actual show. weird because even now i still dont understand half the jokes in that show

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

where is part 3

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ArfJason posted:

why has it been foresaken

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ArfJason posted:

when will episode 3 happen

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Baal posted:

Who is Gordon Freeman

27 year old mit graduate with no known relatives whose thesis was about transmitting matter through solids and who gets employed at the black mesa research facility.

----------------

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

the Commodore Perry running gag

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He checks out

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you know what also was badass: veronica mars

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the anime i watched as a 12 year old was stuff like Shakugan no Shana, Ouran, and Zero no Tsukaima

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

dogsicle posted:

the anime i watched as a 12 year old was stuff like Shakugan no Shana, Ouran, and Zero no Tsukaima
i loved zero no tsukaima so much i read the extremely poorly translated light novels lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

the Commodore Perry running gag

were those subtitles where he was goku just something the translators made up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

okay, but what anime are you going to watch tomorrow

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i dont have enough room on my harddrive to download the hunter x hunter blu rays

coalgirls makes things too large

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

why has it been foresaken

its not forsaken
half life has always lead an insane change in gaming both technologically and atmospherically. before hl all guns were just spinning in the air, contextless, and maps were mazes where you had to find the exit.

2 was about going one further and leaving behind the dark cynisism of 1 by crafting characters youre suposed to care about, bringing about an insane work on character facial animation and voice acting. it also, despite not being the first to use them, popularized physics.

lost coast was about hdr (then a cool effect) ep 1 was about uhhhhhfdhjlafhdjkaghfjklahgja
2 was about open spaces in source

3 just has no revolutionary tech to be attached to. people theorize vr which goes hand in hand with claims about 3 wanting to stray more into "horror" but valve always changes things, which is why they never talk

----------------

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

okay, but what anime are you going to watch tomorrow

Working!!, probably

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

the guy died before he could finish zero no tsukiama but i like the anime ending where they get married and reunite with his parents

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i never finished s2 of Zero no Tsukaima. same for Shana

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dogsicle posted:

hell yeah. i loved shana when i was 13. it was my second anime and it changed my life.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

you know what also was badass: veronica mars

We liked the first season but lost interest halfway through the second. Was the movie any good?

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

hell yeah. i loved shana when i was 13. it was my second anime and it changed my life.
i loved shana but it got really dark and depressing (for a kid) at least in later seasons and i stopped watching it because i missed how fun it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
theres also the fact that every single shooter that has come out lately has taken most of the revolutionary aspects of hl1 and 2 and polished them and even brought about their own steps forward. competition was scarcer back then but now theres mega AAA studios everywhere, so now valve has to compete with like 10 years of progress (you can be cynical and say weve barely moved past modern warfare 1 but it seems the stale genre these days is Open World so who knows)

----------------

• Locked thread