Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

LmaoTheKid posted:

There's no more argument, Lewis is for real and a startable back, especially in PPR. Never been happier to eat crow in my entire life.

E: :lol: not this week though XD

I'm targeting a guy in my keeper league who is already 0-3 and has a barren cupboard next year except for Jordy in the 10th. He's currently dangling Lynch and one of his Hilton/Evans/Sanders at non-keeper prices. I'm hoping that Lewis as a 16th rounder and Navorro Bowman as a 21st is enough to start the conversation and then I can give him one of my million receivers and a draft pick swap to even it out.

I'll even throw in 15th round keeper CJ Anderson :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Wright or Cooks ROS?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Zypher posted:

Wright or Cooks ROS?

What's scoring? I really like Wright, especially in any type of PPR.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
.5 ppr. I'm leaning the same.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Splinter posted:

Who do you guys like more rest of season:

Karlos Williams vs Devonta Freeman

Marvin Jones vs Rishard Matthews

Karlos
Rishard.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

I figured I would take up the mantle of the posters trying to predict Dion Lewis's usage each week and give a crack at it for next week.

I don't think he sees any playtime. This has been an investigative report by MrSargent, you're welcome.

:raise: You've given us much to consider.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

Aim higher, if Freeman keeps it up, Coleman healing won't matter. I feel like Steve Smith can be had for cheaper than you think.

Thinking of bailing on Jeremy Hill, what would a reasonable target be for him?
I'm in the same position and I'm targeting other buy low RBs: Marshawn Lynch or Justin Forsett.

For Lynch, he's been injured so he's had several rough weeks. He's older and Rawls did great with him out. Some people are getting nervous. ESPN's got a big "Sell on Lynch" headline up, for instance. I think that there's no guarantee this is the beginning of the end though, and he could just as easily come back from injury and play well.

Forsett has faced tough run D's so far, which might explain some of his troubles. Eugene Monroe is coming back soon and will improve that line somewhat as well. If Perriman is worth anything when he comes back, it might help take some pressure off too.

RCarr posted:

GIVE: CJ Spiller
GET: Gio Bernard
Non-ppr, standard scoring
(I also have Ingram if that matters)

Thoughts?
I like it. I think Gio is going to take an increasing share of that work. New Orleans' offense is garbage with Brees out... but it wasn't exactly clicking when he was in either. Spiller's upside isn't as high as Gio's IMO.

Enforka fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 29, 2015

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

TheMcD posted:

I've got a bit of a trading conundrum:

I give: Delanie Walker
I get: Ronnie Hillman, CJ Anderson

And this does kind of seem like something you mash on - the upside is really big, and the loss is minor.

I think you answered your own question. As much as everyone is trying to run from the Denver backfield, if all you have to give up to buy into it is your second TE, I'd absolutely take it. Denver's schedule is loosening up. There could be a TON of upside there. And you're getting both backs, so the risk is mitigated.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

DeepDickPizza posted:

I think you answered your own question. As much as everyone is trying to run from the Denver backfield, if all you have to give up to buy into it is your second TE, I'd absolutely take it. Denver's schedule is loosening up. There could be a TON of upside there. And you're getting both backs, so the risk is mitigated.

Just to add, you're rostering Reggie Bush and Zo so it's not like you aren't already wasting roster spots on worthless RBs.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Zypher posted:

.5 ppr. I'm leaning the same.

I own both in my .5PPR league. I'm benching Cooks until Brees comes back, and even then I'm looking for other options. Unfortunately I have to play him this week since Wright is on bye.

Eagles, Colts, or Packers D/ST? I'm leaning Eagles right now.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

DeepDickPizza posted:

old dog child posted:

Just to add, you're rostering Reggie Bush and Zo so it's not like you aren't already wasting roster spots on worthless RBs.

Yeah, I ended up taking it. Now I'm basically holding on to four RBs where I'm just waiting for one to take off, but eventually, some have to, right?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

TheMcD posted:

Yeah, I ended up taking it. Now I'm basically holding on to four RBs where I'm just waiting for one to take off, but eventually, some have to, right?

I like to think any decent fantasy team is doing this. For me it's Spiller, Gordon and Gurley

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

SeannieDarko posted:

I own both in my .5PPR league. I'm benching Cooks until Brees comes back, and even then I'm looking for other options. Unfortunately I have to play him this week since Wright is on bye.

Eagles, Colts, or Packers D/ST? I'm leaning Eagles right now.

Eagles defense stats this year so far:

- #1 in run defense in the NFL (3.1 yards a carry average)
- The same unit has held the run to 3.8 yards a carry average the past two seasons
- Pass defense: 6.7 yards per throw (#8 in the NFL). Take out that first half of the Falcons game and it dips to 5.9 yards per throw
- #3 in takeaways in the NFL (8 takeaways)
- Ever since the second half of the Week 1 Falcons game, the Eagles have allowed only 3 touchdowns in 3 games

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Last year, the Eagles Def pretty much was the deciding factor in half my wins. They were that game changing. They seem to do better from a fantasy standpoint than a real life standpoint.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 29, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
We discussed A Brown several times, but how do you guys feel about Martavius Bryant now with Big Ben's injury. I was faced with the decision between him and Sankey to drop to cover Gronk's bye. Sankey's the obvious drop, but I had to think about it longer than I thought I would.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Zypher posted:

We discussed A Brown several times, but how do you guys feel about Martavius Bryant now with Big Ben's injury. I was faced with the decision between him and Sankey to drop to cover Gronk's bye. Sankey's the obvious drop, but I had to think about it longer than I thought I would.

Ben will be back, so Bryant may only take a few weeks of bad games with Vick. Meanwhile, Sankey isn't even guaranteed to be playing meaningful snaps in a few weeks as he's currently third on the chart it seems like. David Cobb should also be returning in 7 or so weeks to muddle that backfield up even more.

edit:

Mccluster had 35 offensive snaps
Antonio Andrews had 22 offensive snaps
Sankey had 19 offensive snaps

I mean it's possible Sankey could regain that starting job, but that's not even a good chance.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 30, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Who do you guys like for streaming Defenses this week? These are the teams possibly available in my league:

Eagles @ Wsh
Chargers vs. Cle
Raiders @ Chicago

I think I probably like them in that order as well.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
So tempted to flip Jeremy Hill right now. What's everyone's gut on if this is a blip or just how he's gonna be this year?

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

I have a $1000 FAAB budget and I'm going all in on Karlos Williams and Lance Dunbar @ $200 a piece in my 1 PPR league. Dropping Doug Martin and Rashad Jennings. With Dez getting hurt and Brees not being himself, I should've skipped fantasy this year like I originally planned.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MrSargent posted:

Who do you guys like for streaming Defenses this week? These are the teams possibly available in my league:

Eagles @ Wsh
Chargers vs. Cle
Raiders @ Chicago

89 posted:

Eagles defense stats this year so far:

- #1 in run defense in the NFL (3.1 yards a carry average)
- The same unit has held the run to 3.8 yards a carry average the past two seasons
- Pass defense: 6.7 yards per throw (#8 in the NFL). Take out that first half of the Falcons game and it dips to 5.9 yards per throw
- #3 in takeaways in the NFL (8 takeaways)
- Ever since the second half of the Week 1 Falcons game, the Eagles have allowed only 3 touchdowns in 3 games

pretty much this, but also with facing the Redskins.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

wattershed posted:

So tempted to flip Jeremy Hill right now. What's everyone's gut on if this is a blip or just how he's gonna be this year?

Still think he gets the TDs going eventually in a high scoring offense. I still think double digits are reasonable.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E0-p5VT3Kk

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

wattershed posted:

I think he works out the kinks eventually. I am trying to flip him in one league but it's to the Gio owner who kept bugging me about JHill all preseason, so I'm trying to cash in. Otherwise, I am standing pat in two other leagues.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

wattershed posted:

His performance being this low is a blip, but I think the timeshare is the status quo. Hill will see better games, but the work split will be around 50/50 between him and Gio, depending on the situation. Hill's schedule goes KC, Sea, Buf, BYE over the next 4 weeks- I don't think this is a "wait for him to bounce back" scenario. Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm going to try to deal him for another buy low RB- Lynch or Forsett.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

VietCampo posted:

Ben will be back, so Bryant may only take a few weeks of bad games with Vick. Meanwhile, Sankey isn't even guaranteed to be playing meaningful snaps in a few weeks as he's currently third on the chart it seems like. David Cobb should also be returning in 7 or so weeks to muddle that backfield up even more.

edit:

Mccluster had 35 offensive snaps
Antonio Andrews had 22 offensive snaps
Sankey had 19 offensive snaps

I mean it's possible Sankey could regain that starting job, but that's not even a good chance.

Sorry. Didn't mean this to be a Bryant vs Sankey thing. I'm ditching Sankey regardless for my Gronk fill in.

4-6 weeks without Big Ben is a decent chunk of time to sit on Bryant. And there's some decent options on waivers (CJ2k, Benjamin, Crabtree). I'm just thinking aloud about my hesitancy to keep rostering Bryant now.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5 PPR. I have Yeldon and Matt Jones. Karlos Williams is on waivers but will probably be gone once they clear. Yeldon has been an occasional flex for me, Jones is riding the bench in case he blows up. Drop either for Williams? Or is that a lateral move? It may not matter as I'm using my first waiver claim on Rawls.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is Joseph Randle too much of an isult to offer a panicking Lych owner?

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.

RCarr posted:

Is Joseph Randle too much of an isult to offer a panicking Lych owner?
Probably? But maybe if he's in dire straits with respect to his depth.

Worst thing that could happen is they say no.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My personal vendetta against Cecil Lammey is complete.

He recommended cutting CJ Anderson if you need the roster spot :hehe:

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Am I crazy to trade away Arian Foster? I have Leveon, Gore, and Miller clogging my RB roster and I desperately need another WR.

Let's do it this way. What receivers would you take for Foster (half-PPR)? AB, Julio, Odell... DT? Or am I valuing Foster too highly?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Zypher posted:

I think he has the physical traits to adapt to Vick's passing game, but it really depends on what gameplan PIT implements for Vick. Make AB more of a possession receiver? I can see them still lobbing end-zone fades to Martavis.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Eagles @ Wsh

Raiders @ Chicago

Chargers vs. Cle

just make sure you get PHI

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm looking at these guys and have the top waiver priority. Who do you like for my team. Keeping the waiver for the 3rd straight week continues to be an option.

.5 PPR 10 team league

Rawls, Antonio Andrews, Dorial Green-Beckham, Rishard Matthews

Kendall Wright
Anquan Boldin
CJ Spiller
Melvin Gordon
Todd Gurley
Knile Davis

qb: Carson Palmer
rb: Forte, Gore
wr: Julio, Jordan Matthews, Brandon Marshall
te: Reed
flex: Gio

I'm dropping either Boldin or Davis or both I think. I'm leaning toward grabbing Rishard Matthews but some places have Dorial Green-Beckham ranked higher.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Am I crazy to trade away Arian Foster? I have Leveon, Gore, and Miller clogging my RB roster and I desperately need another WR.

Let's do it this way. What receivers would you take for Foster (half-PPR)? AB, Julio, Odell... DT? Or am I valuing Foster too highly?

Too high. Julio especially. I'd say Keenan, Steve Smith, Edelman, Hopkins, Sanders, Amari. So basically a standout WR2.

Speaking of clogged with RBs. In the one league Karlos is on waivers, my worst RB to drop would be Woodhead, Spiller, Dion/Forsett. I was considering Woodhead but don't think I could pull the trigger.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Eagles put Cody Parkey on IR. Grab another kicker tomorrow if you have him.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Got a trade offer, not sure what to think about it: My Dion Lewis and Charles Johnson for his DeSean Jackson and David Johnson. Thoughts?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

surf rock posted:

Got a trade offer, not sure what to think about it: My Dion Lewis and Charles Johnson for his DeSean Jackson and David Johnson. Thoughts?

Nope.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Are we thinking Philly's D could be a year-long start again? In my total points league, where there's extra incentives for defenses, I've been rolling with Miami the first three weeks to mediocre results. Should I actually blow any of my $100 FAAB to try and grab the Eagles D for the rest of the year?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

just dropped half my benches to fill them with more waiver fodder this week :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

surf rock posted:

My exact thoughts are why is this guy looking to acquire Charles Johnson

• Locked thread