Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

No one should win against a guy with unbreakable birdcage powers. Just make a small birdcage around Luffy and he's done. Oda didn't think it through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

F. Lobot posted:

No one should win against a guy with unbreakable birdcage powers. Just make a small birdcage around Luffy and he's done. Oda didn't think it through.

You really think he could birdcage a fast moving target? It's only use is wide area containment, it'd be too difficult on small spaces

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

F. Lobot posted:

No one would win against like half of all Paramecias if they used their powers in the smartest possible way. And that's not including the man who has nanomachines that let him move at light speed.

Tolth fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 29, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
string and gravity powers are really popular in manga for some reason

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tolth posted:

No one would win against like half of all Paramecias if they used their powers in the smartest possible way. And that's not including the man who has nanomachines that let him move at light speed.

No one would win against any of the logias if they used their powers in the smartest possible way.

Is tha...(instantly killed by freezing to death, burning to death, being turned to sand, hit by lightning, hit by a laser, sucked into a black hole, suffocated before you know it through gas substitution)

Actually there's Smoker and Caribou. I think they're the only logias who can't kill you before you even know what happened. Suddenly being engulfed in smoke without knowing where it's coming from and suffocating or suddenly sinking into a bottomless swamp is probably a shittier way to die though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jose posted:

string and gravity powers are really popular in manga for some reason

They're cool

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Also do we know if Doflamingo set the birdcage up in advance? He'd been there for a while and you think his trump card might not have been instant-cast.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Andarel posted:

Also do we know if Doflamingo set the birdcage up in advance? He'd been there for a while and you think his trump card might not have been instant-cast.

I'm pretty sure he panic uses it in the flashback when the fruit is stolen.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Got a link? I forget where exactly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tolth posted:

To be fair I don't think Kizaru can think at light speed so he probably has to plan his moves in advance to avoid jumping halfway across the world.

Actually that'd make a pretty funny omake.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I mean the guy moves at the speed of light, he probably drops by his crib to have a spot of tea and then does grocery shopping in between individual kicks to a dude's face

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Andarel posted:

Got a link? I forget where exactly.

I'm on my phone right now so I can't be bothered to find a link but right after doffy finds out the ope ope fruit has been stolen he sets up a cage to keep it from disappearing completely. It's possible he prepped that one too I guess, but I don't remember how long he knew where the fruit would be.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

AnonSpore posted:

I mean the guy moves at the speed of light, he probably drops by his crib to have a spot of tea and then does grocery shopping in between individual kicks to a dude's face

Also all he has to do is get a 0.1-second run up and whoever gets hit by that punch gets vaporized. Kizaru should have light-speed punched Whitebeard into atoms the second his ships came up above the water.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Kizaru seems too dopey to use his powers to the fullest extent, like how Foxy is too dumb to use his fruit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kizaru is too chill to use his powers to the fullest

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, Kizaru owns.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Baal posted:

Kizaru is too chill to use his powers to the fullest

But that doesn't make any sense. How could a Marine Admiral be so relaxed? I'm beginning to think Oda thinks he's writing for children or something - completely unacceptable and I shall be writing to my solicitor about this.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I'll never forget when someone suggested Oda brutally kill off Sanji with a blink and you miss it attack to amp up the tension.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Amorphous Blob posted:

I'll never forget when someone suggested Oda brutally kill off Sanji with a blink and you miss it attack to amp up the tension.

Still would have been a less embarrassing way to die than Kuina's.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Amorphous Blob posted:

I'm not sure I'd care at this point. Sanji's become kind of gross over the years. He was really cringeworthy in Film Z in particular.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'm not sure I'd care at this point. Sanji's become kind of gross over the years. He was really cringeworthy in Film Z in particular.

His favorite Devil Fruit was invisibility because he wanted to peep on women much like Noted Awful Villain Absalom

He openly asked how much a slave girl would cost in Sabaody

He's been at this for a while

KoB
May 1, 2009
Guys without powers are cool and get cool nicknames like Garp "The Fist".

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Doffy had some really cool nicknames despite being a yarnman

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Adlai Stevenson posted:

His favorite Devil Fruit was invisibility because he wanted to peep on women much like Noted Awful Villain Absalom

He openly asked how much a slave girl would cost in Sabaody

He's been at this for a while

like Sanji's whole thing was being a super gentleman but I guess oda decided being a sleaze was funnier?

now he's a scumbag version of brock from pokemon but more annoying and with less relevance

KoB
May 1, 2009
He only ever acts gentlemanly to impress women.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Baal posted:

You don't want to

There is no other manga like Naruto.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tolth posted:

But that doesn't make any sense. How could a Marine Admiral be so relaxed? I'm beginning to think Oda thinks he's writing for children or something - completely unacceptable and I shall be writing to my solicitor about this.

I don't think the marines really care about the admirals' personalities as long as they're strong and follow orders.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
Sanji just playing The Game man, HB10s only pls. He gotta work on his negging tho, he acts like such a Beta sometimes :rolleyes:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

He's past the point of redemption I'm afraid.

This is the man who had a nosebleed so violent it could have filled an entire hospital wing's worth of blood drive donations. Not from a kick in the face from a fight or something manly, just from being a general perv at Fishman Island with a rude pair of titties in his face, and it became an actual plot point in the story arc.

The days of Mr. Prince are long gone

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Parrotine posted:

He's past the point of redemption I'm afraid.

This is the man who had a nosebleed so violent it could have filled an entire hospital wing's worth of blood drive donations. Not from a kick in the face from a fight or something manly, just from being a general perv at Fishman Island with a rude pair of titties in his face, and it became an actual plot point in the story arc.

The days of Mr. Prince are long gone

You mean the days where he bought Nami and Vivi skimpy outfits in Alabasta because of the "heat". I mean it's certainly amped up but he's always had that side of his personality.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

That is relatively tame in comparison

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Sanji just should have gone full okama, I don't think anyone would complain

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I'm really glad Film Z isn't canon and the real Sanji isn't drooling over midpubecent girls.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

AnonSpore posted:

can't wait for the reveal that the only reason he isn't infinitely strong is that he cant think fast enough to control his power well, so he has to zip miles at a time, and is just consistently running errands and thats why hes so distracted

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

F. Lobot posted:

I'm really glad Film Z isn't canon and the real Sanji isn't drooling over midpubecent girls.

:stonk: what

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
I am re-reading 795. I'm going to guess Kaido does have a fruit because it's made a point that he dropped into earth and not sea.

Edit: Luck-luck fruit?

Lenaway fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 1, 2015

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Nami gets turned into a little girl and yeah Sanjis reaction to it is really, really creepy.

The sequence where they turn back to normal is almost as bad. I don't think Oda is to blame for those scenes though. They feel like something the current anime staff would throw in because they think it's a good idea, rather than something Oda wrote directly.

I mean he did make their busts bigger for obvious reasons, but whatever it's not that big a deal and that sort of thing doesn't even approach the type of creepy stuff the anime team has been doing with them since the timeskip.

Asuron fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 30, 2015

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Sanji's horniness is not that bad- I work in kitchens, and regularly meet cooks and chefs much more oppressively horny. Yeah he's sexist, but that beats being boring like Zoro

e: i just mean that the impulse to gently caress and grab big boobs is more relatable, human and interesting than the impulse to cut stuff because of an incident involving some stairs when you were eight

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Kaido has the nyan-nyan fruit, which makes him incredibly lucky(that fortune cat thing) and immune to height damage passively, but makes him sprout adorable kitty ears and whiskers when he activates it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Kaido has the nyan-nyan fruit, which makes him incredibly lucky(that fortune cat thing) and immune to height damage passively, but makes him sprout adorable kitty ears and whiskers when he activates it

Only registered members can see post attachments!