Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

So 1.5 is where things will stop running like complete rear end with more than a handful of planes in view?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

So 1.5 is where things will stop running like complete rear end with more than a handful of planes in view?

Yes?

But seriously, how the gently caress should we know, we haven't played it yet.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

Truga posted:

I felt a bit miffed when I first ordered this 200mbit line just to get some extra upload because every ISP here is super dumb and doesn't want to offer packages with a sane down/up ratio, but at times like this I'm pretty :smug: about it.

Its not the speed its the bandwidth. Bandwidth caps are a thing in Canada for some retarded reason and its the end of the month.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yikes. BW caps are the worst.

Wh1plash
Oct 13, 2008

Truga posted:

Yikes. BW caps are the worst.

Try living in Alaska if you think caps are bad. $180 bucks for 600 gigs with a 10Mb Up 500Mb down(usually stagnates at 150-180). the next one down is $140 for half that. Then there is others that have unlimited, but youre 3 up/ 20 down for 150/mo

Wh1plash
Oct 13, 2008

Sauer posted:

Its not the speed its the bandwidth. Bandwidth caps are a thing in Canada for some retarded reason and its the end of the month.

I feel your pain, at least we got 500gigs/month with Shaw when I was living in Leduc, AB

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Wh1plash posted:

Try living in Alaska if you think caps are bad. $180 bucks for 600 gigs with a 10Mb Up 500Mb down(usually stagnates at 150-180). the next one down is $140 for half that. Then there is others that have unlimited, but youre 3 up/ 20 down for 150/mo

But you get free money from oil!

Wh1plash
Oct 13, 2008

pthighs posted:

But you get free money from oil!
$2100 this year :), actually 4200 because my kid gets one too, but his is going into his college fund

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009
Dedicated servers were mentioned as not being ready for v1.5 and are currently slated for v2.0.

The new server browser is in though.

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005

Snaxx posted:

Dedicated servers were mentioned as not being ready for v1.5 and are currently slated for v2.0.

The new server browser is in though.

Ya, they're holding the netcode changes until 2.0 so it doesn't sound like there's much going on in 1.5 save for client-side optimizations.

And they ARE apparently releasing Steam and standalone beta installers side by side...

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Welp, I guess it's time to learn how to DCS. Gonna dedicate tomorrow to learning the A-10C.

Vivick
Feb 24, 2007

Woah, looks like I picked a pretty good time to get back into this.

Have ther been any news on what Leatherneck Simulations is planning to release? I can't find anything on their Website. Last time I checked they had the F14 in development, a secret WWII fighter and possibly another secret thing.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

Vivick posted:

Have ther been any news on what Leatherneck Simulations is planning to release? I can't find anything on their Website. Last time I checked they had the F14 in development, a secret WWII fighter and possibly another secret thing.

http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/f14/

apparently going to be in beta before the end of the year, and they are going to announce another plane soon (tm)

warcake fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 30, 2015

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

quote:

Team members needed to release the 1.5 and L-39 Open Betas are still in the office and will be working through the night."

I like how eagle dynamics can't just like partition out their work sanely, and announce an open beta release and then work balls-out overnight to do it. Imagine if they were responsible adults and could just finish the update and drop it WITHOUT pre-release hyping.

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005

Vivick posted:

No concrete information regarding the other two airplanes they are working on, and they have delayed their September announcement until I assume 1.5 is out (should be any day now for 1.5).

That being said, they have released a few savory tidbits of information on their WIP aircraft, including:

Leatherneck posted:

Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar
Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters
Custom shaders for enhanced visual fidelity (e.g. CRT Screen representation)
Far more complex avionic and computer systems than in the MiG-21
New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations
New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution

So, take what you will from that...

I call either a Harrier or something with active thrust vectoring modeled

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005
Apparently Wags is live testing the release candidate for 1.5...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75j_TINcBmY

Edit: And it's down...

McDeth fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 30, 2015

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Does anyone know if you will both need the f14 for multi seat mp?

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Pharnakes posted:

I haven't seen a post on it, but I can't imagine that you'd be able to sit in either seat unless you have the module.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Looks like I'll have all of Friday evening off. If so, I'll be hosting On Station starting at 6:30 CST.

Be warned this requires a little patience. If you can't handle basically chilling out taking your time killing dudes and want airquake this isn't the mission for you. Knowing how to create waypoints and work with JTAC is also needed. If a few of you show up I can always be the one doing the thing and broadcasting my SPI.

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005
http://giant.gfycat.com/ShimmeringDarlingAntelopegroundsquirrel.gif

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
I wonder how many people bought more DLC in anticipation of the release of the release data of 1.50?

sitruc
Feb 7, 2006
Does anyone have the server software for this android app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arifkomurculer.falconmfd&hl=en

This is for the app that puts both MFDs on one android tablet. The link is dead and google only turns up the server for the 2-tablet displays which while cooler requires me to find another tablet.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

The Geoff
Oct 11, 2009

ZekeNY posted:

quote:

I haven't seen a post on it, but I can't imagine that you'd be able to sit in either seat unless you have the module.

Yeah, I can't find it now but one of the Leatherneck devs specifically said that both players will need to own the module. They also said they would not do cheap 'back-seat-only' licenses or anything like that.

Wh1plash
Oct 13, 2008
DCS World
4 hrs ·

Dear all, we have resolved the technical issues and look forward to have the open beta ready for you in couple of hours.

We appriciate your patience.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Wh1plash posted:

DCS World
4 hrs ·

Dear all, we have resolved the technical issues and look forward to have the open beta ready for you in couple of hours.

We appriciate your patience.

I've got even money on it getting delayed again for at least 24 hours.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
1.5 is out

and it doesn't work of course

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

warcake posted:

1.5 is out

Ha-ha owned

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

warcake posted:

1.5 is out

lol

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Great beta overall. 5/5

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Apparently it's just steam launching the wrong exe and it works fine if you run dcs.exe from the game folder.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sauer posted:

Check some local 3rd party ISPs. I'm with Teksavvy which uses Telus infrastructure here and have an unlimited 25/5 DSL line for $50.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

EvilJoven posted:

Apparently it's just steam launching the wrong exe and it works fine if you run dcs.exe from the game folder.

Thanks, it works.

e: Until it crashes on loading a mission.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

Thanks, it works.

Lemme know if it works well enough to warrant downloading it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EknTPz1vcM

Flying around listening to this on loop. Its necessary when bombing villages.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
ok i got it working by doing the dcs.exe thing.

edit: aaaand the only modules that dont crash is su27 and f15

warcake fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 1, 2015

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
MiG-15 and both free planes launch for me. MiG-21 crashes.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
So glad I'm downloading the standalone beta.

What steps do I need to take to be able to use my Steam keys with it again? Will associating my Steam keys with my standalone account from way back in the day screw up my poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It shouldn't do anything to your account/keys, no.