Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Relatively standard scoring, 1 PPR

I give- Mark Ingram
I get- TY Hilton

Been trying to talk the Hilton owner (who is 0-3) into more but this seems to be what we keep coming back to. Is this fair?

We start 2 RB and 3 WR.

My current RBs: Forte, Ingram, Melvin Gordon, Abdullah, Blue

My current WRs: Jarvis Landry, Davante Adams, Terrence Williams, DeSean, Agholor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Rank these 3 receivers ROS .5 ppr

DGB
Rishard Matthews
lolAnqan Boldin

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Is it worth it to drop Ronnie Hillman to pick up Karlos Williams? 1 PPR if that matters. This would be easier if I didn't have Dez/Romo/Ellington clogging up my bench :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My RBs are in flame mode. Fortes on a team that's trading away all their pieces, Sankey is worthless, and Tevin Coleman is going to be in a forever timeshare if Freeman does anything of worth this week. Everyone who has RBs won't trade them to me for anything less than a king's ransom.

I love panicking early.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Chimeric posted:

Is it worth it to drop Ronnie Hillman to pick up Karlos Williams? 1 PPR if that matters. This would be easier if I didn't have Dez/Romo/Ellington clogging up my bench :(

How big a league are we talkin? Is a hurt Romo worth holding onto for several weeks?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Chimeric posted:

Ellington is due back soon so that's good news at least.

Can't really comment on Hillman for Williams though. My love for KWill miiiiight cloud my judgement a bit.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Chimeric posted:

Dropping Romo for Karlos is almost certainly a better idea

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Timett posted:

How big a league are we talkin? Is a hurt Romo worth holding onto for several weeks?

12 teams, and I honestly don't know. I picked up Dalton, and while he's been very underwhelming for me in years past he did immediately net me 36 points and change....

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I am currently about to trade Lamar Miller, Lance Dunbar, and Tyler Lockett for Marshawn Lynch.

No second thoughts no matter what right? I have a waiver out for Rawls dropping Cole Beasley, but don't know my chances of getting him as i'm 10th in waivers.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 30, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Someone just offered me Gore and Blount for Gio and J. Matthews in ppr. I should be telling him to blow it out his rear end, right?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Someone just offered me Gore and Blount for Gio and J. Matthews in ppr. I should be telling him to blow it out his rear end, right?

Yes

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Sounds like a bad deal to me. He is selling high on two unpredictable backs.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Drop Hillman or Davante Adams at this point? I gotta get through by weeks. PPR.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nobody in my league will trade me their backup quarterback. I am getting desperate and offered Travis Benjamin and Kendall Wright for Tyrod Taylor because the guy also has Russell Wilson. He told me no "because then he wouldn't have a backup quarterback".

He's currently starting Tyler Lockett and Jermaine Kearse at wide receiver.

Why am I in this idiotic league? One guy told me his quarterbacks were "untradable". He has THREE of them. I'm starting to wonder if they're playing some kind of subtly brilliant keep-away strategy. Maybe I'm the dumb one. :stare:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I have a help request:

I'm #1 on the waiver wire.

Tyrod Taylor is available. My current starter at QB is Rivers.

I need to choose between dropping Perriman or Artis-Payne.

I'm leaning Artis-Payne since he has the lower ceiling (I think) compared to Perriman.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

kiimo posted:

Nobody in my league will trade me their backup quarterback. I am getting desperate and offered Travis Benjamin and Kendall Wright for Tyrod Taylor because the guy also has Russell Wilson. He told me no "because then he wouldn't have a backup quarterback".

Why am I in this idiotic league? One guy told me his quarterbacks were "untradable". He has THREE of them. I'm starting to wonder if they're playing some kind of subtly brilliant keep-away strategy. Maybe I'm the dumb one. :stare:

I was just talking to a Roethlisberger owner on another forum who is having trouble getting a QB. 10 team league. Everyone has backups. One guy has 4 QBs and won't trade.

I predict 4 QB guy does not have much success.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

As a Marshawn owner in a 14 team league how much of my FAAB should I use on Rawls. I have 30 of my 100 right now. Higher? Lower? Ive never done RAAB before

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

I'm currently knee deep in an argument with the rest of the league over our IDP settings because nobody understands VBD and replacement value. It's grating on me when people do these dumb things that end up hurting people who know what's happening.

But these are the people who draft K/DST in the 8th so it evens out I guess.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Fleetwood posted:

I have a help request:

I'm leaning Artis-Payne since he has the lower ceiling (I think) compared to Perriman.

How many people are in this league? Is it dynasty? Neither one of those players is probably going to be fantasy relevant. Artis-Payne may be decent in a year or two but I doubt he see any real action this year. The other guy, honestly I've never even heard of him but it looks like he's a rookie who's been injured since training camp...am I missing something here?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Timett posted:

I was just talking to a Roethlisberger owner on another forum who is having trouble getting a QB. 10 team league. Everyone has backups. One guy has 4 QBs and won't trade.

I predict 4 QB guy does not have much success.

Where are people getting this poo poo? Like, no fantasy advice column has ever said you need multiple quarterbacks to win.

The irony, of course, is that thanks to Ben now I do.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

kiimo posted:

I got beat on the waiver wire last week when Brees went down and I tried to pick up Andy Dalton. The person who picked up Dalton already has Aaron Rodgers and another QB.

The guy who had Romo had to go with Ryan Fitzpatrick last week.

Me and the Romo guy were the highest scoring teams, because everyone else's roster is full of QBs. It's a 1QB league with 4pts/TD pass. I have 4 RBs of starting quality in a 2RB league, as does the Romo-owner. But trades happen all of like once a year because everybody mistrusts the others.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

Owns

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

timp posted:

How many people are in this league? Is it dynasty? Neither one of those players is probably going to be fantasy relevant. Artis-Payne may be decent in a year or two but I doubt he see any real action this year. The other guy, honestly I've never even heard of him but it looks like he's a rookie who's been injured since training camp...am I missing something here?

Perriman may be the next Torrey Smith for Baltimore, once he gets healthy. Unreal speed. But his knee is still messed up, and he keeps trying to get back on it too early, so he probably won't see the field until week 10.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Gonna throw Peytons rear end on the bench and hop on the Tyrod train.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

It's you, isn't it?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SeannieDarko posted:

It's you, isn't it?

Wouldn't be the first time someone in my fantasy league finds their way into my internet social life to gently caress with me.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

kiimo posted:

Where are people getting this poo poo? Like, no fantasy advice column has ever said you need multiple quarterbacks to win.

The irony, of course, is that thanks to Ben now I do.

It's because most people aren't crazy lunatics who do insane things like read internet threads about fantasy football, so they don't have some weird idea about how the four third-stringers on their bench are totally going to break out because no one's put that dumb idea in their head. So instead they load up on 3 QBs because hey those guys are all good and are starters so I'll just play whichever one's best every week!

The twist of course is that they're probably right. RIP <insert like 95% of the players we get excited about in this thread here>.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah, thanks for Zach Zenner goons.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

SeannieDarko posted:

It's you, isn't it?

Nah I wouldn't dare roster more than 1 QB in a redraft

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Karlos Williams is an absolute beast and I think he will take Shady's job

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

I am currently about to trade Lamar Miller, Lance Dunbar, and Tyler Lockett for Marshawn Lynch.

No second thoughts no matter what right? I have a waiver out for Rawls dropping Cole Beasley, but don't know my chances of getting him as i'm 10th in waivers.

Also trying to trade Zach Ertz for Carson Palmer, is this dumb? I have Ebron also if he's a better trade bait. The guy with Palmer has Andrew Luck and quite laughably also has 3 tight ends, all of which will probably not play this week(Gillmore, J. Thomas, and ASJ, i know LOL). I want Palmer for the next 2 weeks because i have Tannehill and he's against jets in London this week and is bye next week.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

kiimo posted:

Yeah, thanks for Zach Zenner goons.

The ghost of Zach Sudfield appears

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
If my RB situation is the likes of LeSean McCoy, Danny Woodhead, Jonathan Stewart and Ronnie Hillman, who would be a good target for an upgrade? I'm in a standard ESPN 0-ppr league with a bunch of guys who are terrified of trades, so I'd like to target someone who has not performed well so far but is likely to do better soon for whatever reason (these guys also don't do a ton of research and rely heavily on ESPN's projections and poo poo)

I was thinking of trying to couple JStew with Crabtree, or possible Allen Robinson, in exchange for Gio and Sammy Watkins...reasonable?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Also trying to trade Zach Ertz for Carson Palmer, is this dumb? I have Ebron also if he's a better trade bait. The guy with Palmer has Andrew Luck and quite laughably also has 3 tight ends, all of which will probably not play this week(Gillmore, J. Thomas, and ASJ, i know LOL). I want Palmer for the next 2 weeks because i have Tannehill and he's against jets in London this week and is bye next week.

If you get Palmer for Zach loving Ertz after I can't trade ADP for Blake Bortles I swear so help me I will just end it all.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

District Selectman posted:

Karlos Williams is an absolute beast and I think he will take Shady's job

:smuggo: :respek: :smuggo:

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Fleetwood posted:

I have a help request:

Drop Rivers for Taylor. It's what I did. Jump in this burning dirigible with me and let's see where it takes us!

But seriously Rivers' OL is horseshit again this year and the way he struggled to get up and stay on his feet after taking a hard forearm to the ribs (which he broke last year) makes me think he might be hiding another really bad injury. Ride Taylor until he proves he's not legit, but I'm not sure that'll happen for a while. I'm currently rewatching the BUF/MIA game right now and I know lol "Miami olphins" but he still looked legit. Tight throws, accurate, knows when to tuck & run, knows not to force a pass in there...I really like what he's doing.

PoorUser
Oct 12, 2008
Someone offered me this trade just now.

I get: Rob Gronkowski, Deandre Hopkins, Matt Jones
They get: Tyler Eifert, Larry Fitzgerald, Latavius Murray

We are swapping players straight across in three different positions. I will be getting a better TE, and giving up a better RB, but I do think Hopkins is better WR than Fitzgerald so maybe it is worth it? However, I am in a no PPR league so RBs are pretty valuable and Murray is a beast. Having a hard time making up my mind and need some advice.

The rest of my team looks like this:

QB: Cam Newton, Eli Manning, Matt Stafford
RB: Adrian Peterson, Latavius Murray, Justin Forsett, TJ Yeldon
WR: AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Allen Robinson, Rishard Mathews, Andre Johnson
TE: Tyler Eifert, Kyle Rudolph

Thanks a lot!

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Arians says Chris Johnson gets 15-20 touches even after Ellington is back in the rotation , presumably this means he's the lead back.

Hail Satan.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Franks Happy Place posted:

Arians says Chris Johnson gets 15-20 touches even after Ellington is back in the rotation , presumably this means he's the lead back.

Hail Satan.

Get the gently caress in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Metapod posted:

Get the gently caress in

This is a season saver in the making, shades of last year's Forsett outta nowhere horseshit.

I mean, Chris Johnson is going to save my fantasy season in 2015. Lmao.

• Locked thread