Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
As little a thing as it is, I really like that the trader pods are 3D printer delta robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

so the amount of cheevos in this game doubled

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ruggington posted:

can't wait to win NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_DESC_7_30

or maybe NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_DESC_76_10

that's a tough one

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

can't wait to find even MORE bling

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I would like bling a lot more if it gave you like 10 horzinebux every time you found one, but alas, no

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
http://i.imgur.com/6rlaF1i.gifv

Hans just got overexcited. :saddowns:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Psion posted:

I would like bling a lot more if it gave you like 10 horzinebux every time you found one, but alas, no

Yeah, 10-20 dosh for finding/shooting one would be lovely.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I wonder if they're going to repeat the "new map now, class update in two months" cycle.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Ruggington posted:

Link?

Edit: please, a "cancel download" option for custom maps. PLEASE.

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 30, 2015

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Link?

Edit: please, a "cancel download" option for custom maps. PLEASE.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/232090/achievements/

I wonder if they're going to be adding stuf like "kill Volter using nothing but crovels" or "kill 300 Sirens with explosives" or other dumb achievements like that.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
"Complete a long game without any berserkers." :colbert:

Hope this means update soon, think the commando/support/demo could use some loving.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This probably means we are getting some sort of update in a week or two. Like the last two achievement updates.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Alkydere posted:

Yeah, 10-20 dosh for finding/shooting one would be lovely.

I'd rather have the old pick up weapons for dosh meta back than the look at the memorized places for dosh meta.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Psion posted:

that seems like a good way for every game to have a mandatory 10-minute Find The Dosh session at the end of wave 1

no money for bling unless it's something stupid like 1$ for getting all 30

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

President Ark posted:

that seems like a good way for every game to have a mandatory 10-minute Find The Dosh session at the end of wave 1

no money for bling unless it's something stupid like 1$ for getting all 30

It should drown the level in dosh if you get all the bling and kill Hans.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Playing as a high level Medic in Sucidal is some seriously fun poo poo. You're constnatly healing everyone while finding time to repair the armor of your local Zerk or other team VIP. The team is pretty much riding on you healing and repairing armor all the drat time. A few mistakes on your end and poo poo is hosed.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

closeted republican posted:

Playing as a high level Medic in Sucidal is some seriously fun poo poo. You're constnatly healing everyone while finding time to repair the armor of your local Zerk or other team VIP. The team is pretty much riding on you healing and repairing armor all the drat time. A few mistakes on your end and poo poo is hosed.

The weapons give you a lot of versatility, too. Does your team have no Support? Pick up the shotgun and start killing some trash. No Commando? SMG or Assault Rifle.

I want a melee Medic weapon.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

The weapons give you a lot of versatility, too. Does your team have no Support? Pick up the shotgun and start killing some trash. No Commando? SMG or Assault Rifle.

I try to pop Bloat heads whenever possible with the SMG or AR because people tend to forget about Bloats until they're in your face. :v:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Replace the end of the explodey hammer with a biiiig syringe.

I love the medic weapons even though I never roll medic, garanteed head pops on trash with the pistol plus long distance healing is awesome. And the smg is a lazer drill that's even better for just taking things heads off with quick bursts of fire, and you get so much ammo for it. Whatever class I am, if I have room for the SMG I'll take it and when my main weapons run out I can always just keep going with the SMG until the end of the round.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

brocretin posted:

It should drown the level in dosh if you get all the bling and kill Hans.

Or at least have a bling-based line for hans, seeing as he has that dosh one

Kazvall posted:

This probably means we are getting some sort of update in a week or two. Like the last two achievement updates.

Hillbilly Halloween isn't that far away, maybe we'll start seeing some themed zeds

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Sorry about dropping out last night mumble gang. A switch in my town apparently went down and my internet was dead. Should be on tonight.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I tend to prioritize Sirens as a Medic. All the Medic guns are really good at head shotting so I always look for them in a crowd.

What should a Berzerker do against a FP?

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I tend to prioritize Sirens as a Medic. All the Medic guns are really good at head shotting so I always look for them in a crowd.

Block when he's attacking, hit back when he's not, hope your medic is paying attention.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Zweihander poke to the head or treasure troll gem in his chest. I do an overhead swing to stumble, then a poke stumbles, and then block. If you can get a grenade to unrage him for a sec you can try to repeat.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

If you don't have a firebug on your team keeping it's stumble cooldown up constantly, aim for the head and try to knock it prone, block/parry attacks when it's not glowing, and the rest of the time use the poke/bash to keep it stumbling/interrupted as you (sprint) backwards in a big circle.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Shouldn't you use the Pulv against FPs since they're more susceptible to explosion damage? Or is that Scrake?

Have I just been playing Berserker the entirely wrong way?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cliffdiver posted:

Shouldn't you use the Pulv against FPs since they're more susceptible to explosion damage? Or is that Scrake?

Have I just been playing Berserker the entirely wrong way?

Scrakes resist explosive damage. FPs are weak to explosive but also to stab, so you can just altfire them with the zweihander, it has higher DPS. Pulveriser is still good to make them stumble, though.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I usually don't have time to switch weapons when there's an FP charging me so I go with whatever I've got.

if you have time, definitely switch to the pulverizer, but if not the heavy-poke-block routine works pretty well.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Assuming level 20, mash in head until it falls down. Continue mashing. Alternatively, repeatedly poke in head with Zweihander. Pounds are weak to piercing damage, you can just poke them in the head until their melon pops. Shouldn't take long.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
What is poking, is this a thing that's unique to the long sword? Because I rarely play Zerk and never use the sword.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's the zwei's altfire.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Require More Fire posted:

What is poking, is this a thing that's unique to the long sword? Because I rarely play Zerk and never use the sword.

It refers to the melee you can do with anything really if you press V by default. With the Zweihander you essentially thrust the sword forward and it has a considerable range. You can basically deal with bloats with little threat of getting hit by their vomit. I wasn't aware of the Zweihander being so effective in that manner against Fleshpounds though.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Zweihander thrust is so good that it's become my default attack with that weapon. Of course you get the extended range of the tip of the sword going forward, but it also does damage all along the blade's length and edges, giving it great follow-through damage. You can sort of zig zag your thrust to skewer multiple targets even if they aren't in an exact line and then also hit targets that you might've missed on the return thrust. It's very easy to get the head popper award with the zweihander thrusting as well.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
If there were separate buttons for overhand and sideways attacks, I probably wouldn't poke 90% of the time, but as it is, that's my go-to.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

If there were separate buttons for overhand and sideways attacks, I probably wouldn't poke 90% of the time, but as it is, that's my go-to.

There.... are?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

You mean besides moving forward while attacking for the overhand and sideways for the sideway one?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I wouldn't mind the melee system if pressing forward and a side would do side slashes.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Nalesh posted:

I wouldn't mind the melee system if pressing forward and a side would do side slashes.

But doesn't it?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Azran posted:

You mean besides moving forward while attacking for the overhand and sideways for the sideway one?

Correct. Separate buttons, so I can choose regardless of how I'm moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I hit berserker level 20 and smash is too powerful

it's beautiful