Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

HHD is extremely cute, got the CE and the faceplates are super nice. My Amiibo card was stupid Pascal though. :mad:

That's just, like, your opinion, maaan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i just found out about cobb through the cards and this cat's design is dynamite:

megathrust
Jul 13, 2010

Ugh I could only get the n3ds from Bestbuy here in Canada and they had no copies going to stores so I've been waiting all weekend for it to finally come in the mail. Can't find cards anywhere so far either.

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!

megathrust posted:

Ugh I could only get the n3ds from Bestbuy here in Canada and they had no copies going to stores so I've been waiting all weekend for it to finally come in the mail. Can't find cards anywhere so far either.

I can't confirm but I heard Wal-Marts in Canada sell Amiibo cards if you haven't looked.

Amarie fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 28, 2015

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Picked up the game and some cards over the weekend. Probably going to end up collecting all the cards but every place is sold out of them now.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

The camera is more fun than I thought it'd be. Sleepy sheepy.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I registered anyone who posted their friend codes over the last 10 pages or so. Feel free to visit, any time :) My town needs a LOT of work, but it will get there, right?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I can confirm that Canadian Wal-Marts have the Amiibo cards.

I'm a little disappointed that there's no way for me to walk around town and see people's houses that way, but it's a fun game. I don't know how long I'll be super into HHD like I am with New Leaf. I almost feel like some kind of grading system would be neat, so you can tell that they really love the house.

As it stands right now it's easy to do an acceptable home by using the theme of the furniture they supply, but that'll get harder as the game progresses, I hope. I've been surprised by a few people - I thought Cyrano's tastes would be similar to his house in New Leaf. Instead it's... an odd numbers gallery? What?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mad Hamish posted:

I almost feel like some kind of grading system would be neat, so you can tell that they really love the house.

I've only gotten a few designs in, they really don't introduce the points system every other AC game has had??

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Speed Crazy posted:

I can leave my doors open for a while tonight if you want to raid my trees. All of my perfect cherries are immediately to the right of the train station surrounding my event plaza. If you aren't available tonight, let me know a better time. FC: 4699-7990-4497

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate it. I've added you, my friend code is 0946-3064-2574 if you want or need to add me. I was a bit late seeing your message, but the same time tonight shouldn't be any problem! :)

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Genji wanted a haunted house.

These parents found out too late to never put evil dolls or spooky masks in your baby's bedroom.

This game is more fun than I ever imagined.

megathrust
Jul 13, 2010

Amarie posted:

I can't confirm but I heard Wal-Marts in Canada sell Amiibo cards if you haven't looked.

Mad Hamish posted:

I can confirm that Canadian Wal-Marts have the Amiibo cards.

Thanks, I'll definitely be checking them out. Might just have to wait until everything restocks though.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I hope we get some of these E+ only villigers as Amiibo cards
Really like Kakken, Pironkun, and Vanessa.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I didn't realize how much of the e-reader card design was borrowed for the amiibo cards. They look so similar

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Mad Hamish posted:

As it stands right now it's easy to do an acceptable home by using the theme of the furniture they supply, but that'll get harder as the game progresses, I hope. I've been surprised by a few people - I thought Cyrano's tastes would be similar to his house in New Leaf. Instead it's... an odd numbers gallery? What?
The game is never seriously going to grade you. You've got to be self motivated enough to put in the effort of making a pretty house purely for the sake of making a pretty house.

If you need some external judgement, there's always posting them online and having people judge them.

The difficulty also kind of ramps up when you have larger and larger public buildings to design, with more and more furniture to choose from.

megathrust
Jul 13, 2010

Have they announced when the next series of cards will be out?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

megathrust posted:

Have they announced when the next series of cards will be out?

October 29th in Japan, no word on anywhere else yet.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I am so conflicted. I stopped playing this a long time ago, was taking a break for studying and saw the new game. I haven't been brave enough to buy it because I'm 99% certain I'll fail all my classes if I do.

Wilhemina
Jun 21, 2011

This version of the game is easier to play in chunks without the perpetual time clock. I still like that in the regular game, but it was a little stressful if life got busy for a couple days and you'd come back to half your neighbors moving out. Now I can even put the game to sleep mid-project and come back to it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wilhemina posted:

This version of the game is easier to play in chunks without the perpetual time clock. I still like that in the regular game, but it was a little stressful if life got busy for a couple days and you'd come back to half your neighbors moving out. Now I can even put the game to sleep mid-project and come back to it.

Incidentally, in New Leaf, only one villager can ever move out between play sessions.

megathrust
Jul 13, 2010

jivjov posted:

Incidentally, in New Leaf, only one villager can ever move out between play sessions.

I've been stuck at 8 villagers for a while so it's been weird for me. Between both these games and Dragon Age I am getting no studying done.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

jivjov posted:

So I have a 1/9 chance that my bro Cube hasn't moved out? :swoon:

I'm also really enjoying Happy Home Design. Though it was really weird making an adorable hospital.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 30, 2015

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I decided to get HHD, but I've had to re-start the download at least 7 times now. After about 2 minutes, it stops dropping those gems and times out. ARGH

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Does anyone happen to have an extra Scorpion kicking around? I missed out this year, too. I'm sure I have something I can trade.

I don't think I've even seen one. :negative:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

You can't trade insects.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Guys this game is too cute.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
So Redd shows up today, trying to sell me three fake works of art. I think they were fakes anyway. Evil Redd. Where is the art police when you need them?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Echophonic posted:

Does anyone happen to have an extra Scorpion kicking around? I missed out this year, too. I'm sure I have something I can trade.

I don't think I've even seen one. :negative:

I saw three dive into the loving river last night :mad:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Fritzler posted:

You can't trade insects.

I was under the impression you could gift wrap them.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Echophonic posted:

I was under the impression you could gift wrap them.

Nope, there's No way to transfer bugs between players. Only way to get an out of season bug is to go to a town that's in that season.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

And that doesn't even work for scorpions cuz they don't spawn if you have a visitor (I think just if you have your gate open). Sorry

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Welp, looks like I'm never going to get the gold net or rod. Oh well.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 30, 2015

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got a download code for Happy Home Designer off eBay, but I've been unable to actually DOWNLOAD the thing because my Internet has been down for the last day and a half. :v:

It's back up now so I'm hoping to be able to dive into it tonight! Gonna design some adorable houses/buildings/cafés(?) The best part of Animal Crossing with none of the tedium, and a much better UI? Where do I sign?!

Incidentally, is there an easy way to take/share screenshots of Happy Home Designer? Does it have a dedicated screenshot button like New Leaf has? I know I can just use Miiverse, but it takes awhile.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

It has a dedicated screenshot button and a special POV camera for lower angle shots than the game camera allows. It also has a menu button to pull up Nintendo's page for uploading shots to FB, twitter, and tumblr.

That sounds like ad copy, but it's true! Sharing pics is one of the best parts of AC and I want to see many adorable houses.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

My Amiibo card was stupid Pascal though. :mad:

What a shame, if only you got someone with style like, Harriet like who I have. Better luck next time junior.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
The first three packs of Amiibo cards I picked up yielded three of my favorite characters (Octavian, yesss), and then I just got Isabelle in my fourth.

Super happy with my card-pack-selection powers so far.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Where do I redeem the 3DS theme code I got with my eShop preorder? I tried to redeem it on the eShop itself and was told I had to redeem it in-game...but I can't find any place to redeem a download code in the game.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

rhoga posted:

It has a dedicated screenshot button and a special POV camera for lower angle shots than the game camera allows. It also has a menu button to pull up Nintendo's page for uploading shots to FB, twitter, and tumblr.

That sounds like ad copy, but it's true! Sharing pics is one of the best parts of AC and I want to see many adorable houses.
And what's more, it's easy as heck to upload what you make in-game, write down the number for it ,and post that number here so people can visit/rate your stuff.

People should post their cool stuff!

(I would, but nothing I've made is especially cool yet... need more furniture.)

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Parasol Prophet posted:

The first three packs of Amiibo cards I picked up yielded three of my favorite characters (Octavian, yesss), and then I just got Isabelle in my fourth.

Super happy with my card-pack-selection powers so far.

Is there a reason to keep the cards after you've called them and decorated their house? I'm working on Kapp'n right now and I picked him first because he's hilarious (and doesn't disappoint with his lines in this game :) ). Just wondering if they are something I should keep or safe to trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Sarah posted:

Is there a reason to keep the cards after you've called them and decorated their house? I'm working on Kapp'n right now and I picked him first because he's hilarious (and doesn't disappoint with his lines in this game :) ). Just wondering if they are something I should keep or safe to trade.
They may have use in other games (i.e. Animal Crossing Happy Home designer).

• Locked thread