Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Welp, as they say in Cleveland, there is always next year! GJ Ogdenville! Quite the comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Michael Corleone posted:

Welp, as they say in Cleveland, there is always next year! GJ Ogdenville! Quite the comeback.

Goddamn, I thought I was dead in the water after the first 5 days of poo poo hitting, but the last 2 days brought me back and was capped off by a single Dexter Fowler run. Hell of a series though, that's what fantasy sports is all about!

For posterity, and with the (hopefully correct) knowledge that Burnett alone can't take WHIP:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Breezed through my semi-final. Glad I didn't drop any of my bench guys because Jones and Brantley missed most of the week.

Picked up JA Happ and Lance McCullers for next week in place of Hammel and Tanaka.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress James Shields, gently caress Gio Gonzalez. That is all.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Moneyball posted:

Tom Koehler at home vs ATL looks like a good bet. Ender Inciarte, if available, has been pretty good lately and might be a FA.

And if for some reason nobody has Michael Conforto, (FA in my league) that might be a good pickup.

My season is over. :( I lost to "prospects guy"

I hope someone picked up Inciarte.

5/9, 2 runs, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 1 SB this weekend

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Moneyball posted:

I hope someone picked up Inciarte.

5/9, 2 runs, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 1 SB this weekend

I picked up Peralta. Only one home run. No stolen bases.

And Polanco's stolen base likely just lost me the semi-finals.

fuuuuuccccckkkk

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Was he even available? It could have been useless info anyway.

I've been basically out of it for a week and a half now, but picked the perfect time to add Khris Davis. 11 games, .333, 7 runs, 5 HR, 10 RBI, 1 SB

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I already had my claims in and didn't change them. Funny thing is, I owned Inciarte for a large part of the season until he got injured and I didn't have available DL spots. I still would've won if my opponent didn't have Arenado put up 9 loving RBI on Saturday and Sunday. As it is, we're tied 6-6 and my opponent is the only person in the loving league that held a tiebreak over me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Greinke and Tanaka missing their starts this week cost me a chance at a repeat :waycool:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

gently caress James Shields, gently caress Gio Gonzalez. That is all.

Hmmm, looks like I'm in the lead after the first week of the finals. Don't feel too bad, I streamed Josh Tomlin, after all :ughh:

Good luck man!

Also congrats to Magic Cube (and to Corleone who took me out in the semis in that league)

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Thanks to a single outfield assist in one league and a single stolen base in another, I'm in the finals in both of my keeper leagues.

It's time to :getin:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hmmm, looks like I'm in the lead after the first week of the finals. Don't feel too bad, I streamed Josh Tomlin, after all :ughh:

Good luck man!

Also congrats to Magic Cube (and to Corleone who took me out in the semis in that league)

I don't think you're going to catch my 36 walks :laugh:

Also sadly I drafted those guys on other teams because xFIP and pitchers parks and stupid poo poo like that :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I had three teams finish first and one second and only one of them made it to the finals :(

I guess that's sort of expected when they have similar rosters though.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
In the championship for my league. Last round is a two week affair, I'm getting creamed in week 1 of the championship. 7 more days for my team to ramp it back up.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Finished 2nd in both my H2H league and my Ottoneu roto league. For the amount of time I spend on fantasy baseball every year, it's a pretty bitter pill to be so close and not win.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I mean, my two best pitchers didn't pitch at all this week so :shrug:

Yeah and I got pretty lucky this week. :shobon:

That was incredibly close. Literally came down to the sunday night game, with my Bryant against your Rizzo. Really exciting!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Yeah and I got pretty lucky this week. :shobon:

That was incredibly close. Literally came down to the sunday night game, with my Bryant against your Rizzo. Really exciting!

If F-Rod didn't get a random Bullshit save or I got a single QS I probably would have benched Rizzo and won on the tiebreaker :suicide:

It was pretty neat seeing a player v player showdown though.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

IcePhoenix posted:

Greinke and Tanaka missing their starts this week cost me a chance at a repeat :waycool:

My season can be summed up by: "Rode some guys with high risk of injury (bargains) to a great regular season record before the wheels fell off the wagon."

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
My points team got such great pitching (Arrieta x2) Cole, Liriano, Strasburg, RICH HILL, Cole Hamels, that if I had not played an offensive player the entire week, I still would have beaten 3 other teams. Now to watch it all fall apart in the finals.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Oh god the season needs to end now that Cubs have clinched their playoff spot. I don't think its possible for me to not get first place...but jeez I am weirdly stressed about it.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

If F-Rod didn't get a random Bullshit save or I got a single QS I probably would have benched Rizzo and won on the tiebreaker :suicide:

It was pretty neat seeing a player v player showdown though.

Years ago I was in a $ roto league among friends that literally came down to the last pitch of the season. I needed one save and one strikeout to overtake someone, and I had the closer going in the Sunday Night game that ended the regular season. He struck out the last batter of the game.

This reminded me of that. I was absolutely switching between the Cubs game and the SNF game.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Quick, thread: Stream Kluber for Roto?

I can lose a point in Wins, but not gain one.

I can gain a point in WHiP, or lose 2.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Years ago I was in a $ roto league among friends that literally came down to the last pitch of the season. I needed one save and one strikeout to overtake someone, and I had the closer going in the Sunday Night game that ended the regular season. He struck out the last batter of the game.

That sounds loving awesome. Thats giving me chills just thinking about it.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I'm in the championship and none of my players are playing anymore apparently.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Yeah I didn't realize the championship in this league went into the last week of the season. Isn't that equivalent to having a week 17 championship in football?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Yeah I didn't realize the championship in this league went into the last week of the season. Isn't that equivalent to having a week 17 championship in football?

Gotta plan for it in the off-season by only getting players on contenders, daw! My only planning is planning for a 1st round bye so it doesn't interfere with my football drafting!

e; to be serious, it is probably a 2 week title series, right? That is fair.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nope, one week. It's never really seemed like a big deal before (and I'm not entirely sure it is here either)

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

DoctaFun posted:

I'm in the championship and none of my players are playing anymore apparently.

You and me both. Today was the first day they've actually stepped up.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Nope, one week. It's never really seemed like a big deal before (and I'm not entirely sure it is here either)

I've never played H2H before this league and I didn't make the finals last year, so I never realized. It isn't a big deal to me either way, it just surprised me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, baseball generally has your everyday players still playing unless they're hurt and their team is out of it, you really just have to worry about your starting pitchers missing starts or getting them pushed back as teams try to set themselves up for the playoffs.

The second wild card has really helped here too since more teams are still in it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

IcePhoenix posted:

I hate so much that my league is 22 regular season weeks and then 3 rounds of one week playoffs. It seems so dumb to me that a sport that requires such huge sample sizes and takes over 20 individual weeks to complete its regular season, lets the championship come down to 7 days. I've always wanted at least a two-week final, if not all three rounds. Though, with there being 6 playoff teams, I supposed ending the season after week 20 and doing a one week "wildcard" round and then two two-week semi-final and final rounds, would also be acceptable.

But I'm up 11-1 after one day with 2 wins, a sub-2.50 ERA, sub-1 WHIP, and 4 QS in ~30 innings after the first night so I want this week to end as quickly as possible :sweatdrop:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I've always liked the volatility of one week playoff matchups. Makes it more exciting and also gives the lower seeds more of a chance to make a run.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'm coming around on the H2H. I was 100% for Roto for years, and I still feel like the most deserving teams win the championship in those leagues. But goddamn if the last couple weeks in H2H haven't been just... fun.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
My ideal league is a H2H regular season and then all qualifying playoff teams thrown into a month-long roto to determine the winners. Roto is the best for determining who is the best team, but it's boring. I feel like it would be a little more exciting with the smaller time-frame. I still think I would like H2H playoffs better if the championship were two weeks instead of one. At that point, you've already run through at least another round or two so there's been chances for upsets.

e: Or maybe a 20 week regular season, Weeks 21-24 would be a roto pool, and top-2 teams play a week 25 championship H2H

I don't know, just something to sort of negate the tiny sample size

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Dandy Kaiser posted:

My ideal league is a H2H regular season and then all qualifying playoff teams thrown into a month-long roto to determine the winners. Roto is the best for determining who is the best team, but it's boring. I feel like it would be a little more exciting with the smaller time-frame. I still think I would like H2H playoffs better if the championship were two weeks instead of one. At that point, you've already run through at least another round or two so there's been chances for upsets.

I was just going to say that I think it'd be cool to have a full season of Roto and then have, say, the top 4-8 teams play in a H2H playoff bracket. I see where you're coming from though.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I lost in the semifinals in a 6-6 tie where I had like a 25 game regular season advantage on the guy who beat me. I still think H2H is more fun, even though it's capriciousness cost me hundreds of dollars in winnings.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
My league has week long H2H match ups, but our playoff series are all two weeks long, so this is week 6 of our playoffs. I think next year I will make the regular season 1 week shorter.

I like a bit less volatility in the playoffs, so it works pretty well.

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
H2H is more like baseball, that's why I like it I think. The fact that team A stole 20 more bases and hit 16 more homers doesn't matter in game 7. And I say this as someone who's about to lose 600 bucks and the finals because my offense decided to go catatonic in this one week.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Armed Neutrality posted:

H2H is more like baseball, that's why I like it I think. The fact that team A stole 20 more bases and hit 16 more homers doesn't matter in game 7. And I say this as someone who's about to lose 600 bucks and the finals because my offense decided to go catatonic in this one week.

Half of my team isn't even really playing this week, so I picked up Mikie Mahtook to take me to the promised land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

FAAB is tricky. I spent liberally and got pretty much every FA I wanted (except Gallo, and that worked out alright). And I made the finals. And now I have no money left and Rand Al Paul can outbid me for streaming SPs and I can't do a drat thing about it.

• Locked thread