Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmhyOA2osk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
two things.

first:
google image search "im your upgrade"
first result is a picture i took at fort polk in 09 lol.

Bravo:
I'm finally retiring friday i think. I got a retirment AAM for 12 years in service :rambo:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:toot:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

what a dumb rear end in a top hat

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao this is awful

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Unsurprisingly, the Army finds a way to ruin a good song.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

So evidently SHARP is so important there needs to be a bullet on every OER and NCOER about supporting it, but if you shove an Aghani child rapist, there is no place for that poo poo in our Army!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

loving :lol: if you're still in.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Icon Of Sin posted:

loving :lol: if you're still in.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Icon Of Sin posted:

Getting hosed if you're still in.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Kiryen posted:

So evidently SHARP is so important there needs to be a bullet on every OER and NCOER about supporting it, but if you shove an Aghani child rapist, there is no place for that poo poo in our Army!

I feel like we were in the same briefing.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

This is how I feel now when I read about guys who are still in.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Multiple choice time

Is this when:

A) You find out she lost the baby?

or

B) You hear they're tearing down the Starbucks to build a Popeye's?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

pkells posted:

Multiple choice time

Is this when:

A) You find out she lost the baby?

or

B) You hear they're tearing down the Starbucks to build a Popeye's?

You are not the father!

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

White Chocolate posted:

Three people from the same battalion? Impossible.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Army is full of lovely administrators making lovely decisions for lovely reasons. Also water is wet and army is gay.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

White Chocolate posted:

No you're just in the same army

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Suntan Boy posted:

Army is full of lovely administrators making lovely decisions for lovely reasons. Also water is wet and army is gay.

I asked the Battalion commander what would happen if the evaluation entry system ever went down, he said, it won't. I went to log in and it was down. Also my senior rater(not the current BC) has been sitting on my OER since JUNE and won't sign and complete it.

As my BDE commander said we can't have a single point of failure.

The actual answer is to send in a hard copy to HRC.

Got an email about a mobilization that was looking for a Commander with my specialty, should I send in my the stuff they asked for(apply)? It's in a major city a few states away, and I would need to take command in January.

Edit: It is going to be down for 2 weeks! FML.

Dream Weaver fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 29, 2015

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

I asked the Battalion commander what would happen if the evaluation entry system ever went down, he said, it won't. I went to log in and it was down. Also my senior rater(not the current BC) has been sitting on my OER since JUNE and won't sign and complete it.

Got an email about a mobilization that was looking for a Commander with my specialty, should I send in my the stuff they asked for(apply)? It's in a major city a few states away, and I would need to take command in January.

If you do this, you've got no one to blame but yourself for your terrible decision.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
"Should I do X in the Army?"

Where X has any value other than "Get the gently caress out", the answer is always going to be "How much do you hate yourself?"

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

White Chocolate posted:

Edit: It is going to be down for 2 weeks! FML.

Is the money worth picking up and moving your entire life on short notice?

You'll be king poo poo of your local adult daycare, but you'll still be a bottom.

You're going to be almost purely an administrator if you take a command. Specialty will influence some decisions until you get tired of getting poo poo on for them.

Are you career? If not, command time doesn't really matter. If so, kill yourself.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
As someone who isn't even American, let alone in the military, I find myself curious about the various brigades and divisions in the army.
Before I starting lurking here all I knew was that the 23rd Americanal was a really bad outfit but that it had been defunct for decades. Yet divisions which seem to get a good press, like the 1st Cav and 82nd Airborne seem to have a lot of criticism here.

Who do you think is the worst division in the army and are there actually any good ones?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Sad King Billy posted:

Why do you think the Army is the worst and do you think there ever could be a good one?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Sad King Billy posted:

As someone who isn't even American, let alone in the military, I find myself curious about the various brigades and divisions in the army.
Before I starting lurking here all I knew was that the 23rd Americanal was a really bad outfit but that it had been defunct for decades. Yet divisions which seem to get a good press, like the 1st Cav and 82nd Airborne seem to have a lot of criticism here.

Who do you think is the worst division in the army and are there actually any good ones?

When you're in, the best division is the one you just left, the worst is the one you're currently in.

When you get out, everything is horrible upon reflection.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sad King Billy posted:

There's a reason the 101st Airborne Division is called the "one-oh-worst."

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I'm not american as well, and I would also like to know which army units has the worst morale. Also, how is the maintenance situation on your weapons and veichles? Furthermore, in which areas off-base do the higher officers typically live? tia

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MightyJoe36 posted:

There's a reason the 101st Airborne Division is called the "one-oh-worst."

Because it rhymes.

Seriously, every military has disparaging names for a lot of their units because poo poo's fun to say when you're pissed off.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

is there a lovely name for 18th Airborne or 36th Med

because gently caress em both

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is there a lovely name for 18th Airborne or 36th Med

because gently caress em both

Gay-teenth and Dirty-sixth

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I like Worst Cav.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Every unit morale is determined by current leadership, and LOL if anything at division level is determining that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

Gay-teenth and Dirty-sixth

nice

i was part of the one whore one

Sad King Billy posted:

I like Worst Cav.

it really is the best because of how true it is

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

1/25 in AK was pretty stupid. The combo of normal army bullshit, near total isolation (Fairbanks, AK), and the Arctic climate itself lent itself to a particular brand of stupid that I've yet to encounter anywhere else (because I got the gently caress out of the army instead of going to another unit).

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The Slithery D posted:

Every unit morale is determined by current leadership, and LOL if anything at division level is determining that.

Truth. Lots of units have a chill section where people do their jobs, relax, and bullshit. Then there is one super Moto mother fucker that comes in and wrecks it.

Example: my unit is super small. Like squad sized small. We used to do PT in the gym cause gently caress it, why have a formation and do PT in the rain and poo poo like "real" army units. Cept those fuckers are smart and zonk and we are the idiots marching a group of 4 to some isolated part of the parking lot to do PRT "by the numbers."

If you know how to sham, the army is cake. But that lasts until you get kicked out for not making rank or someone catches on.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
Nothing will ever outshit the 3rd ID, the Cock of the Marne.

lovely swamp base, fatty mech units, and without a doubt the most toxic loving command I've ever seen.

Edit: I didn't even get to ride around in Bradleys either. I got stuck in the one loving light infantry brigade.

Jokers Gamble fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 30, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

that's weird since 3rd id was the best unit i was attached to when i deployed

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Different leadership. BDE/BN determines most poo poo that affects soldiers.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

82nd sustainment was pretty bad. The infantry battalion I worked with from the real 82nd was actually laid back, and the SF unit I worked with was very easy going (as is their wont).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

that's weird since 3rd id was the best unit i was attached to when i deployed

What brigade? 4th was pretty consistently a poo poo show when I was there but this was 2010-14. Maybe it wasn't poo poo at one point.

• Locked thread