Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Nuts and Gum posted:

I did a full reboot of the XB1 and haven't seen any perf issues since. Take a screenshot on the map and I'll see if I see any issues there.

Wait, so to roll your car should it be on or off? :confused:

Off. Off disables the auto-levelling stuff that keeps you from flipping.

It could definitely stand to be worded a bit better :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
What I want from a mad max game is no max... I wanna be one of the raider sorts rising up to the rank of immortan and building my armies to kick the poo poo out of everyone across the wasteland, I wanna be able to pick and choose parts for my war rig and send my infinity numbers of warboys to their deaths leaping onto buzzard cars and stuff.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

This game is absurdly fun, I haven't enjoyed a game quite so much in a long time. I finished the main story yesterday and I've got a few wasteland missions plus territories to reduce threat in left to do now.

I have a handful of screenshots I've taken so here's a few favourites, I do quite like explosions!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Motherfucker posted:

What I want from a mad max game is no max... I wanna be one of the raider sorts rising up to the rank of immortan and building my armies to kick the poo poo out of everyone across the wasteland, I wanna be able to pick and choose parts for my war rig and send my infinity numbers of warboys to their deaths leaping onto buzzard cars and stuff.

This. Basically I want a Citadel management system like in MGSV I assume, I haven't really played that yet.

Also I've yet to see any indication you can drink your urine in-game. It was part of the promotional material and everything.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I assume the "ride off into the storm forever" thing was cut as well, seeing as you just leak health and die no matter how armored and chrome you are?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

RoboJoe posted:

This game is absurdly fun, I haven't enjoyed a game quite so much in a long time. I finished the main story yesterday and I've got a few wasteland missions plus territories to reduce threat in left to do now.

I have a handful of screenshots I've taken so here's a few favourites, I do quite like explosions!

:torgue:

Even the endgame stuff after you clear the main story is still fun. Rolling round in a souped up Opus just wrecking everyone's poo poo.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

AirRaid posted:

:torgue:

Even the endgame stuff after you clear the main story is still fun. Rolling round in a souped up Opus just wrecking everyone's poo poo.

It's hard to find bad guys after you beat the game and have cleared out all the camps. I wish there were more baddies on main roads, and infinite respawnable convoys after you beat the game.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
So this utterly MEDIOCRE game just became unplayable for me, i'm stuck in a storm that's bugged and never ends. Anyone know a fix?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Can you go into a captured stronghold?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Restarting the game fixed it, which i should have tried before posting. The storm just continued to rage inside the strongholds tho by the way.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Clearing territories to 0 threat is such a loving pain in the rear end (but goddamnit I want those top-tier shredder rims)- I've got Jeet's territory to 1, with not even a sliver of yellow left. The stupid goddamn thing SHOULD be 0, but I think there's a minefield out there somewhere that I haven't found yet. Part of upgrading the stronghold's survey crew should really mark minefields down on the map, because I've cleared out every other goddamn redblip there is, and I'm not even certain that I'm missing a minefield. It's infuriating.

Hell, I don't even mind doing the actual minefield clearing, I like chilling with dog. If anything, I just wish that the dog had more uses in-game. Like, in addition to minefields, the dog would find food lying around that would replace the water bottle as healthpacks. So if you want to prepare for a tough base, you'd go scavenge around with the dog a bit and find some dinky-di tins or something. Make him useful!

Just have him run away/hide when combat begins, and afterwards maybe he comes and finds you with some scrap or other goodies he scavenged.

More dog.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 2, 2015

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

McKilligan posted:

Clearing territories to 0 threat is such a loving pain in the rear end (but goddamnit I want those top-tier shredder rims)- I've got Jeet's territory to 1, with not even a sliver of yellow left. The stupid goddamn thing SHOULD be 0, but I think there's a minefield out there somewhere that I haven't found yet. Part of upgrading the stronghold's survey crew should really mark minefields down on the map, because I've cleared out every other goddamn redblip there is, and I'm not even certain that I'm missing a minefield. It's infuriating.
If you're missing a minefield, the pop-up window you get when mousing over the region in question on the map should say so. Either check the web for minefield locations or take out Chum's buggy for a spin – the dog can detect minefields even at a distance, so driving around in that region for a bit should do the trick.

And yeah, giving the dog a more prominent and interesting gameplay role is something they ought to do if the game ever gets a sequel. Of course, I'm fairly sure Scrotus kills it at the end, so…

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I've finished the story and finally got the final V8 upgrade at 62 hours in. Many of those hours were me driving aimlessly trying to find those god drat minefields before realizing the map tells you which territory the missing ones are in. Even still, the pro's outweigh the cons for me and this really scratches an itch I didn't realize I had: brutal vehicular combat

And wall kills :black101:

I doubt there will be a sequel but I hope we get some DLC.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
So suddenly my map won't come up. GIS tells me that it was fixable by picking up scrap, going to a balloon, or finishing an objective, but that the latest patch broke those fixes.

:mediocre:

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Oldstench posted:

So suddenly my map won't come up. GIS tells me that it was fixable by picking up scrap, going to a balloon, or finishing an objective, but that the latest patch broke those fixes.

Having the same issue, none of the previous fixes work. Ah well, I beat the game and was just goofing off, so maybe it's time to play something else for a while...

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Oldstench posted:

...I think I've been having something like this?

After playing for a while GUI text will stop showing up (Junk counters, danger level drops, anything else that would cause text onscreen.) Sometimes a cut scene will fix it, like reflling the canteen or disarming a mine, but lately that stopped working and I have to quit out to the main menu and reload.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
This game was barely working on my laptop (I think due to issues caused by the fact that it has two video cards?!? This is my first laptop ever and I had no idea that kind of craziness was even possible.) and I think I'm going to hold off patching until they work out some kinks. How many rounds of patching do modern games go through these days?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Two cards is common on newer laptops. It's a power saving feature.

In the card controll panel you should be able to force the game to run on the more powerful card

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Parkingtigers posted:

If you ever need to refuel something, there is *always* a fuel can nearby.

Not towards the later balloons. There's at least two where there's no fuel in the entire area.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Why cookie Rocket posted:

This game was barely working on my laptop (I think due to issues caused by the fact that it has two video cards?!? This is my first laptop ever and I had no idea that kind of craziness was even possible.) and I think I'm going to hold off patching until they work out some kinks. How many rounds of patching do modern games go through these days?

Sounds like you might have something like Nvidia's Optimus, which is supposed to be smart enough to know when to switch between the integrated graphics and the dedicated GPU. But even on my laptop it frequently wants to run a fairly intensive game with the integrated when I have a perfectly good GTX 960 to do the actual work.

Like the other poster said, you have to go into your graphics control panel and find the executable for Mad Max and tell it to always run with your actual GPU. If you've run the game recently it should be pretty easy to find, since at least Nvidia's control panel will put the most recent stuff at the top of the list.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Thanks for the tips, guys, I'll see if I can figure something out. I have really limited free time right now so I decided to just stop trying to fix it and play this REALLY FUN GAME as best I could. Which usually meant restarting a few times until it finally started correctly-ish. It'd be really exciting if I can actually reliably get this game to start and run well.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

For what it's worth, this game was really trouble-free from launch up until this last patch. Which is kinda unusual these days.

Now we just have to wait for a patch to fix the patch.

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

I've just finished the story missions and the "Garage" section is greyed out, is that it for upgrading the cars?

I've tried changing cars and going to different strongholds all with no luck.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Pretty sure you should still be able to use it, sounds like the new patch has made things pretty buggy though.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yeah, the garage definitely is supposed to be usable in the post-game.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I like this game but gently caress me i'm so sick of my ultimate car being so god damned fragile even with the highest armour upgrade.

The slightest loving knock sends you flying and the convoy defenders always outmanoeuvre you with speed so it's hard to just drop back and take them out.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Well the biggest/toughest armor (and ramming grill) is really heavy, and will decrease your handling quite a bit. If you want speed and maneuverability, you'll have to sacrifice some armor. With all unlocks, I usually run with the biggest engine and the middle armor and grill (and of course the best shocks).

Also make sure you either boost out of the way (or into them) or ram them when they ram you. The bigger/heavier trucks and such might knock you around a bit but the smaller ones shouldn't if you ram back.

Lazlow fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 4, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's unbelievable how badly the patch broke the game.

The action randomly slows to a hard studder. stuff like flames and dust is still running at full speed, but max and the car are only running at 5-10 and cpu usage drops to about 10%

the car also randomly gets "stuck" where accelerating just makes it squat instead of moving forward. turning off the roll-over thing seems to fix this, but that sucks too.

i just finished a run through the story in a hair over 7 hours. that includes about an hour of wasteland stuff it forces you to do. the story is a lot more fun when max isn't an armored up badass in a tank.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I was really down on helping Gutgash, what with the talk of his crew being a mix of slavers and religious nuts, plus the whole start of Act 2 oddness, but I'm glad I did, because his t3 Stronghold is the cutest thing ever.

Kids suddenly appear all over the place and chalk up every single wall in the place. Pictures of Max, pictures of the ocean, etc etc. Hilariously enough, I think the plot is also spoiled in a bunch of these chalk drawings, at least the ones with people, haha.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Having a religion based on a benevolent seafood mascot is pretty mild as far as mad max wasteland religion goes. I guess Gutgash is a good guy after all.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Just started this game. Do the garage upgrades all unlock at once after a certain story mission, or is it just piecemeal?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CVagts posted:

Just started this game. Do the garage upgrades all unlock at once after a certain story mission, or is it just piecemeal?

Some unlock based on Threat levels in the different regions, some are tied to story missions, and a few others are tied to Wasteland missions aka sidequests.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Are there any maps that show where to find all of the minefields, scarecrows, etc? I'm finding a ton of youtube videos for them... but I'd rather look a picture of a map and find what I need within a few seconds than have to watch a video.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

UserErr0r posted:

Are there any maps that show where to find all of the minefields, scarecrows, etc? I'm finding a ton of youtube videos for them... but I'd rather look a picture of a map and find what I need within a few seconds than have to watch a video.
A little googling gave me this site. Looks exhaustive enough at first glance, though I can't vouch for it.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

MMAgCh posted:

A little googling gave me this site. Looks exhaustive enough at first glance, though I can't vouch for it.

That is exactly the site I found on my first day of playing, but I found it in the steam overlay browser, so I couldn't find it in my history... and I couldn't find it myself through Googling just recently. Thanks.
I found this, which has the landmines on it... which is all I really need. http://www.vgassist.com/2015/09/22/mad-max-achievements-guide

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'm down to only 2 challenges from 100%ing this game: Rattling Your Dags 0/1 (Fill the Fury meter in 10 seconds or less) and Death by a Thousand Cuts 0/24 (defeat 24 vehicles using the Side Ram). Any tips on filling my fury meter in 10 seconds?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Kin posted:

I like this game but gently caress me i'm so sick of my ultimate car being so god damned fragile even with the highest armour upgrade.

The slightest loving knock sends you flying and the convoy defenders always outmanoeuvre you with speed so it's hard to just drop back and take them out.

I run my MO with the biggest engine, Dual Groovies, the heaviest ramming grill, best suspension, and no armor. It handles like a dream.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

JFC posted:

I'm down to only 2 challenges from 100%ing this game: Rattling Your Dags 0/1 (Fill the Fury meter in 10 seconds or less) and Death by a Thousand Cuts 0/24 (defeat 24 vehicles using the Side Ram). Any tips on filling my fury meter in 10 seconds?

Fury holds over between fights, but the Challenges for it are based on a start fight basis. So if you start a fight with just enough Fury meter that one kills pops Fury, and then start a fight with Gutshot, well, you get the Challenge.

Or basically just keep loving running into fight after fight. I got it in one of the Stank Gum camps in the Chalkies, the one with the bridges? Beat up one group, Fury procced, then ran out, then ran across the bridge to the other group and beat them up with 75% Fury still in the chamber. Procced instantly, and I got the Challenge.

My question is how you did the Guardian/Exile/Messenger, because those seem like the worst grinds!

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Rookersh posted:

My question is how you did the Guardian/Exile/Messenger, because those seem like the worst grinds!

Guardian and Messenger just took a lot of attempts and practice at death runs to get legendary times with each Archangel. Exile (defeat an enemy with each archangel) was easier. I just went up to the garbage dump around Gastown and thunderpooned cars. I started with The Jack and and as soon as I killed the first, went into garage, changed archangel setup, killed the next, and so on until I'd killed one car with each config.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
God, I hope Just Cause 3 is gonna have a capture mode feature as well.

• Locked thread