Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Gwaihir posted:

Just get a classic Weber Kettle, impossible to go wrong there.

I am a little bit interested in an electric grill, but something about the idea of an electric grill comes off as wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The "second life in space" shitizens are the ones that make me :lol: the most.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Most of the white knights are just trolling the "LOLOLOL this doesn't exist" goons because they're too dumb to realize this is basically just games gbs with surprise guest appearances from random reddit star citizen fans and a healthy dose of burgin'. The thread the lololol goons think they're trolling hasn't existed in well over a year when it went on a roadtrip through the forums with a nice, long visit to GBS proper. I don't mean to spoil the fun, but now that I got my refund I'm debating if I should put it towards a grill and want suggestions.

I spent a house payment on a fancy gas grill last year and still do 80% of my grilling on a Weber Kettle. It's a classic for a reason.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Gwaihir posted:

Sorry, just a reflex reaction more than anything. I still read this thread because funny things happen, but the non stop parade of goons spam posting LOLOLOLOL THIS DOESNT EXIST gets just as annoying as the opposing white knights, except I never see the second ones (Outside of the quotes that get pasted here) because gently caress going to the RSI forums or reddit.

e: I say over-engineered because I imagine some designer had to go back and forth with lord roberts about 10 times just to nail down the mechanics of the space farmville module and that just makes me laugh really loving hard.

NP, I've come to realize that it takes a lot to leave a cult, and not everyone has completed all their stages of grief yet. I commend everyone who has done so and I understand your snappy attitudes and the penchant for burger chatting. I got caught up and forgot how to play Star Citizen (again).

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Adventure Pigeon posted:

I am a little bit interested in an electric grill, but something about the idea of an electric grill comes off as wrong.

cause it is. Its like an electric stove poo poo for cooking. Get yourself charcoal. A lil more work but the flavor pays off. Plus you can throw in like woodchips n poo poo too for flavoring.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I spent a house payment on a fancy gas grill last year and still do 80% of my grilling on a Weber Kettle. It's a classic for a reason.

the one thing I don't agree with hank on. Gas grills suck, good ol charcoal flavoring for life.

E:

Hell get a smoker.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Eldragon posted:

I still have a ship left. Please regale me with more tales about how I'm being scammed, bad with money, and otherwise an idiot. :allears:
Nah you're actually all good. It's fine. You'll like it a lot.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

The actual gently caress is this? I used to be offended by them offering $2500 concept art, but this...

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Electric :stonk:

If you want to do big racks of ribs or larger briskets, get the Weber 22". Otherwise the 18" is plenty, and needs a bit less charcoal to boot.

Whatever you do, make sure to get one of these to go with it though: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7416-Rapidfire-Chimney-Starter/dp/B000WEOQV8/
It makes getting going waaaay easier and faster.

e: If you have any desire for smoking pick up a hinged top grate too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gwaihir posted:

It obviously does exist

lol

:vince:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

While I'm guessing that most of SC's backers are still on board, if there's a point that there's a panic and LOTS of them demand refunds, hypothetically there's an upper limit to how much Croberts can actually refund. What would happen in that case?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SirPhoebos posted:

While I'm guessing that most of SC's backers are still on board, if there's a point that there's a panic and LOTS of them demand refunds, hypothetically there's an upper limit to how much Croberts can actually refund. What would happen in that case?

More panic and lawsuits.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
How do you beat Level 3 boss? I keep dying from its fire attacks and my javelins do no damage.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Chalks posted:

When you think about it it's actually one of their best value products yet - spending $120 to buy $100 is far better than spending $120 on an imaginary space ship!

They might have got this from here: http://www.die-partei.de/2014/12/08/kauf-kein-scheiss-gold-bei-der-afd-kauf-geld-bei-uns/
G-translate https://translate.google.de/transla...s%2F&edit-text=

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Madcosby posted:

Im not trying to troll this thread I'm trying to burn Star Citizen to the ground so "earl;y-access" and video game crowdfunding dies the death it deserves

I'm glad of it

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

Paladinus posted:

How do you beat Level 3 boss? I keep dying from its fire attacks and my javelins do no damage.

Tackle, Tackle and then Riposte. Aim for the anterior groteshaft!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=60

Don't worry guys, they fixed it! EVERYTHING IS RIGHT AGAIN.

rear end-Haggis posted:

Tackle, Tackle and then Riposte. Aim for the anterior groteshaft!

rear end Haggis, wise sage of our people.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gwaihir posted:

Whatever you do, make sure to get one of these to go with it though: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7416-Rapidfire-Chimney-Starter/dp/B000WEOQV8/

making a diy chimney starter is about the easiest thing in the world. a large coffee can works

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

The actual gently caress is this? I used to be offended by them offering $2500 concept art, but this...

The gift cards cost more then they're actually worth! Holy poo poo that is priceless. Why would you ever buy one of those?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Try throwing something that exists.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Can they run out of gift card stock?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

SirPhoebos posted:

Magic. Magic happens.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Paladinus posted:

But they didn't even finish tightening up the graphics on level two.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Idk what's going on but it seems we're debating who's the real shitposter.

we're all just shitposts flying through space waiting for the embrace of death. Or star marine. it's interchangeable rly

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
gift cards costing more than the amount they're worth isn't that unusual but lmao@the idea of buying SC giftcards

Unormal posted:

Haha, I can't imagine how many amazing space games would have resulted if you split up a 90 million dollar fund to a ton of indie devs. Pretty depressing :(
:(:hf::(

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
everyone preaching gas bbq is dead wrong, i only grill using hickory log chips i processed from the national forest the day before

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Zmej posted:

Idk what's going on but it seems we're debating who's the real shitposter.

we're all just shitposts flying through space waiting for the embrace of death. Or star marine. it's interchangeable rly

this thread is full of really good posting though

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
All your money went to pay for Mark Hamill

http://www.develop-online.net/news/star-citizen-single-player-will-have-top-level-movie-cast/0211861

If they don't at least get Biff......

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Gwaihir posted:

5 guys hotdogs are actually better than their burgers.

Agreed

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Five Guys Hotdogs and FRIES.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Gwaihir posted:

Electric :stonk:

If you want to do big racks of ribs or larger briskets, get the Weber 22". Otherwise the 18" is plenty, and needs a bit less charcoal to boot.

e: If you have any desire for smoking pick up a hinged top grate too.

Thank you for the good grilling advice. Star Citizen thread always delivers.

Also maybe I should get Five Guys soon. There's one near me that offers their crazy shake customization.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hardee's has better burgs than 5 guys.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Chomp8645 posted:

Five Guys Hotdogs and FRIES.

Five guys fries are hot loving garbage and they try and make up for it by pouring 4 potatoes worth of fries in your bag.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
shitposts are insanely cool and good

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Adventure Pigeon posted:

...but now that I got my refund I'm debating if I should put it towards a grill and want suggestions.

If you're not tryin to break the bank, I use this nice little $100 charcoal Nexgrill to great effect. I'd recommend it for a solid beater that works very well for not very much.

http://i.imgur.com/hpaAOxa.jpg

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Iron Tusk posted:

http://www.develop-online.net/news/star-citizen-single-player-will-have-top-level-movie-cast/0211861

Maybe he'll voice act the aliens, who will sound suspiciously like the Joker.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Iron Tusk posted:

Lol at how insane this whole project is

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Prawned posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you, steak cooking 101 is don't salt before cooking.

You can definitely salt it before, this is especially useful with tougher/less high-end cuts of meat.

The trick is to do it at least 45 minutes to an hour before hand. The salt starts to bring the water out of the meat and then brines before being re-absorbed. The longer you let it rest, the more fully it re-absorbs. Makes it more tender and seasons it all the way through.

Anyone who wants to try their hand at cooking steaks for the first time without worrying about ruining an expensive cut of meat, just buy a normal rump steak or new york strip, salt both sides and let it rest on a rack in the fridge for a few hours/overnight. Then cook as usual the next day.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
On the Grilling debate:

Propane vs. Mesquite

-----

On the Star Citizen madness

I know Glassdoor is an unreliable source of intel on the company, and some here don't want to see full postings from there. But it seems worth noting there has been a rash of new entries in the last couple of days. My guess is that a few of the recent layoffs have led to some scorched earth (but potentially credible?) entries, which are prompting Sandi and/or sperg loyalists to attempt counteractive posts which praise the culture and CEO.

I somehow missed this recent entry, which is the Tsar Bomba of Glassdoor CIG reviews.

“Will leave you with PTSD ”

It's entirely possible that Glassdoor, like Twitter, is just another battlefront in the ego clashes between Sandi Gardiner and Derek Smart, which in itself is bleakly hilarious to imagine. The apocalyptic reviews include so many specific details of run amok CIG culture that they might be Derek Smart's way of laundering ex-employee gossip he's getting via email. The wildly positive reviews hint at (Sandi's?) Derek Smart frustrations with the mention of stupid anecdotes about fictive CIG employees with ludicrous names (Herek Kart, Merrick Shart). It's all inadmissible as evidence, yet incredibly fascinating (to me, at least.)

Anyway, back to Burger talk.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Eonwe posted:

shitposts are insanely cool and good

all posts are good, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004