Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I know Japan is weird, but do they live in some kin of alternate dimension where the days are longer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

e X posted:

I know Japan is weird, but do they live in some kin of alternate dimension where the days are longer?

That just means 1 or 2 AM. Probably to avoid the thing where saying "1AM on tuesday" could mean either tuesday at 1AM or wednesday at 1AM.

I mean it's almost never the former, but whatever.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
How high does that poo poo go? Is 3 AM still relative to the day before? 4? 5 seems like there wouldn't be a question. It's like someone decided that talking about the next day before you go to sleep is too confusing and made a bunch of other problems instead.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Begemot posted:

That just means 1 or 2 AM. Probably to avoid the thing where saying "1AM on tuesday" could mean either tuesday at 1AM or wednesday at 1AM.

That's one a problem when you decided to ignore how time actually works and have 26 hour programming days. There is no way "1 am on Tuesday" should be confusing.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

How high does that poo poo go? Is 3 AM still relative to the day before? 4? 5 seems like there wouldn't be a question. It's like someone decided that talking about the next day before you go to sleep is too confusing and made a bunch of other problems instead.

http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/listings/23/?&d=20150928&s=1&va=6&vb=1&vc=0&vd=0&ve=1&st=27

4-28

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
It makes sense, I wish we used that system here too

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
The animators will be expected to work at least twenty hours of the twenty-six hour day. Eight days a week.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Murata can, I'm sure a team of people could.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Soulcleaver posted:

The animators will be expected to work at least twenty hours of the twenty-six hour day. Eight days a week.

The good news is that's only on peak season times! Eventually they'll be able to return to their cozy regular 60-hours-a-week scheduling

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Bernardo Orel posted:

Broadcasting times for the first episode, I guess???

i love that the chocolate chip cookie has become A Thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aurain posted:

If Murata can, I'm sure a team of people could.

You buy the OPM blu-rays.

In the middle of the night, you hear clicking and see a glow. You open your eyes and see Murata at your computer, reanimating the blu-rays.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
One Punch Man bluray animation updates are made mandatory as part of Windows 10

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Waffleman_ posted:

In the middle of the night, you hear clicking and see a glow. You open your eyes and see Murata at your computer, reanimating the blu-rays.

I'm a big fan of the "Murata will periodically upgrade your anime/manga personally, like a magical Mangaka Santa" jokes.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
As do I, good to see we're all on the same page here

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crain posted:

I'm a big fan of the "Murata will periodically upgrade your anime/manga personally, like a magical Mangaka Santa" jokes.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And redrew all the pages; then turned with a jerk,
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

If he's reanimating them, does that mean they will become alive? Will anime finally be real?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Anime is and always has been real.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

it's on nyaa

Meh, would be nice if there was a proper subbing of it. The one I found is just them using the manga translations, which means bits are skipped or probably in the wrong place.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
One punch man is a national treasure.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Bernardo Orel posted:

If he's reanimating them, does that mean they will become alive? Will anime finally be real?

No, eventually Murata will realize that the problem isn't with his drawings. It's with reality. So he'll turn his pencil on us all, and we will become One Punch Man.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gothmog1065 posted:

Meh, would be nice if there was a proper subbing of it. The one I found is just them using the manga translations, which means bits are skipped or probably in the wrong place.

You got the old one then

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

You got the old one then

That's the only one I saw on Nyaa, is there another one I missed, or is it elsewhere?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Gothmog1065 posted:

That's the only one I saw on Nyaa, is there another one I missed, or is it elsewhere?

Yeah there's another one you missed.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Begemot posted:

What? How does "1AM on Tuesday" ever not mean Tuesday 1am?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

sharktamer posted:

What? How does "1AM on Tuesday" ever not mean Tuesday 1am?

Specifically when you are talking about a schedule that runs past midnight. So you say "here is our Tuesday night schedule, at 8 we have this..." and so on until 1AM or whatever. But that is not 1AM on Tuesday because that was a full 24 hours earlier. Usually this confusion is cleared up by saying "Tuesday night at 1AM" but when you're putting the whole schedule out at once it's harder to make that distinction.

Basically because of the weird way language and time work it's easier to refer to the time off by 24 hours or to invent 25 and 26 o'clock.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
So when does it start telling the correct time? I mean, does it go from 26:59 to 3:00 or is it a later time?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
aers already answered this. With a source and everything!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mraagvpeine posted:

So when does it start telling the correct time? I mean, does it go from 26:59 to 3:00 or is it a later time?

Depends on when you sleep. The day changes the moment you wake up.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Begemot posted:

Depends on when you sleep. The day changes the moment you wake up.

What if I wake up but go back to bed.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

KoB posted:

What if I wake up but go back to bed.

Every time you hit the snooze button you take a day off your lifetime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Every time you hit the snooze button you take a day off your lifetime.

Man, the sequel to Death Note is really weird.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
This would be easier if time weren't modular. Let's just start now and count forward without wrapping. In a few years, watches will be enormous, but no one wears them anymore so it won't be a problem; we will have solved anime time schedules, and all will rejoice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Behind the scenes with the director.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2efCPVqkL9Q

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Well I'm pumped now.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Keeshhound posted:

Well I'm pumped now.

Oh good. The text confirms it's going to simulcast on Hulu. I was getting worried for a bit.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

deadly_pudding posted:

Oh good. The text confirms it's going to simulcast on Hulu. I was getting worried for a bit.

Not CR? :(

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I haven't noticed anything to indicate it will. I was hoping for CR myself. I'm just glad I don't have to subscribe to like a fourth streaming service :shobon:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Viz licensed it right away, so it was never gonna be on CR.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Geo-blocked in the UK, so if you somehow see this post before that one and you're over here, don't get hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Aurain posted:

Geo-blocked in the UK, so if you somehow see this post before that one and you're over here, don't get hype.

I'm at work, thanks for the hype check. :)

I don't think we get Hulu here?