Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

missing translation is an interesting game and it's free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Blackula69 posted:

I played Gat out of Hell while off sick yesterday and it's pretty decent but totally not worthy of a standalone. I just wish there were more musical sequences, but maybe there are later in the game

its actually the best saints row

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cardboard Box A posted:

Which is the best/worst, Star Wolves 2 or Star Wolves 3?

that screen is from 1

1 > 3 >>>>>>>> 2 imho but that's because i prefer the linear mission structure of 1 to the more open-ended style of 3. literally everyone hates star wolves 2 though

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

please keep this thread updated with star citizen news because it is very entertaining to watch this slow-motion train wreck from the outside

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

qig the queen has a series of (awesome) quests which rewards an exotic scout rifle (i THINK you have to be rank 3 for that tho) but it also unlocks her weekly quests

lets do those tonight! we can bust those out (and I need help for the final quest on the touch of malice thing, a pretty challenging mission - hope you like chaos) and get you well on your way for the queens stuff (her and variks are the best npcs)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lol

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

that escapist link is gold & has some great links. here's a letter from a disgruntled employee https://archive.is/vB6RP

quote:

One production phenomenon that has become familiar to anyone working under Roberts is ‘Unapproval.’ That is, when something that was previously approved becomes unacceptable later on in production for reasons known to Roberts only. It is usually based on whim or a nebulous quality bar that has shifted.
When you get approval only to have it revoked later on, repeatedly, approval becomes meaningless. It is no longer a metric of progression. It does not energize or motivate you. It is met with apathy or cynicism.
Redoing the same asset over and over again kills the spirit, and I suspect this was largely the reason the UK character team collapsed.

I wrote my thesis on this movie that never got made, and it sounds a lot like Star Citizen

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

also that escapist article appears to be written by someone with a solid grasp of english and actual skills in reportage, which is weird

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

also that escapist article appears to be written by someone with a solid grasp of english and actual skills in reportage, which is weird

escapist has really well-written articles about how the sjws are ruining gaming, yeah

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

well that woman seems cool at least, doesn't mean i'm ever going to read that website

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the escapist used to be the only place where you could reliably read non-moronic games writing

or at least writing that was more than graphx 7.0 sound 9.0 overall 8.8 (not an average)

but then they went nearly all video and they started sucking

and then pro-gg and they started sucking more

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Pinterest Mom posted:

non-moronic games writing

???

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

the escapist used to be the only place where you could reliably read non-moronic games writing

or at least writing that was more than graphx 7.0 sound 9.0 overall 8.8 (not an average)

but then they went nearly all video and they started sucking

and then pro-gg and they started sucking more

yup. rockpapershotgun does p good writing nowadays, unfortunately theyre all pc gaming so if youre looking for console game reviews you won't find them

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

rps is the only one i'll read, and even then it's mostly poo poo and i only check in probably once a month.

Notorious QIG posted:

yup. rockpapershotgun does p good writing nowadays, unfortunately theyre all pc gaming so if youre looking for console game reviews you won't find them

shameful

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

sorry that sometimes i want to play a console exclusive i guess

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
the escapist gave dragon age 2 a glowing review

qed they're the worst because they like the worst games made by the worst devs

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i used to read rps a lot, now i get all my video games opinions from sa

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i get my opinions from myself because i have a knack for being right

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

p4dan should be here today
hell of excited for rhythm game

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Awia posted:

i used to read rps a lot, now i get all my video games opinions from sa
same, but all opinions about everything, especially politics

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Bhodi posted:

same, but all opinions about everything, especially programming languages

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

let's all talk about #gamergate.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
nah

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

how about no

arkham knight is pretty fun and it's weird that they haven't released it again. seems to work totally fine for me. runs around 50 fps at medium detail on a 670 FTW - it's still not optimized that well but I have only had like two crashes, if that.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

it's a pain because I got given the season pass and I want to be playing through the game as 1960s batman, dammit

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

dang i thought that would work

here's a little something for smythe

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

ocelot's day out.

you cats aren't as cool as this kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7G7x6f9_mY

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
#joinYPS4POStoday

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Notorious QIG posted:

feature rather than bug

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
free psplus games for next month are known

quote:

Broken Age (PS4 / Vita)
Super Meat Boy (PS4 / Vita)
Unmechanical Extended (PS4 / PS3)
Kickbeat (Vita / PS3)
Kung Fu Rabbit (Vita / PS3)
Chariot (PS3)
welp

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

welp

super meat boy is gooda t least

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

super meat boy is gooda t least

it is certainly one of the top two platformers that were originally released in 2010 and rereleased in 2015 on a modern platform

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

they've gotta be running out of good games by now. and if they repeat it'll piss off the people who've been members for a long time

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

it's a pain because I got given the season pass and I want to be playing through the game as 1960s batman, dammit

i would play the hell out of a batman game set in the 1960s television show

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Space-Pope posted:

welp
those are for eu

broken age and super meat boy are the only confirmed for us currently last i heard

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

duTrieux. posted:

i would play the hell out of a batman game set in the 1960s television show

i have the 1960s costume for arkham knight, it owns

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

best part is that the base costume has like this weird wrist computer thing that batman uses all the time, but the 1960s costume just has a glove so batman goes beep boop on his wrist and stuff magically appears :allears:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kenny Logins posted:

those are for eu

broken age and super meat boy are the only confirmed for us currently last i heard

broken age was popular in this forum wasnt it?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Liver Disaster posted:

broken age was popular in this forum wasnt it?

iirc people thought the first half was really good, then the second half dropped and they all thought it was poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also i definitely confused broken age with massive chalice for a moment and was p excited, because i want to play massive chalice but dont want to buy it

• Locked thread