Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Gothmog1065 posted:

Hey, I do that when the monitor has a wonky ratio and I'm trying to get it right!

This guy straight up hated me. Here's a few anecdotes:

-We work in NYC. Once, I was up at a client in the east village, and there was a weird period where there was no street noise. This happens in NYC sometimes, and it's unnerving. When back in the office, I mentioned it to him in a casual conversation:

Ives: Weird thing today, there was just almost complete silence for line ten seconds when I was walking down the street.

Boss: What? No that never happens.

Ives: Uh...well, it was strange, but it was really cool to be in NYC and not hear any cars or whatever.

Boss: No, you are wrong. It did not happen.

Ives: You are joking right?

Boss: No, it doesn't happen

Ives : :psyduck:

-Another time, he asked me drive from Midtown out to a client in NJ and help with a problem and then come back. The client was maybe 10 miles away, but you had to drive through the Lincoln Tunnel and across Newark. It was maybe 9:30am, and he was like be back before noon.

Ives: it'll take me atleast an hour to get there and an hour to get back, probably more, then I need to do the work, which is atleast two hours. I'll be lucky to make it back to the city at all.

Boss: No, it's only ten miles away, that's like a fifteen minute drive in and out, so a half hour, and then you have your two hours. You just want to go there, screw around and leave early.

Ives: Driving from here, not even including the time it will take me to walk to the garage and get the car, is easily an hour. There's no way I can do it in fifteen minutes.

Boss: I've lived in NJ all my live and driven in to the city a dozen times, how can you know more than me about the traffic? Be back before noon.

Ives: Uhhh....

-One more anecdote

I drove out of town to a client in DC. I worked over the weekend installing their network. I found out Sunday, that no one else would be there, so if I left the office, I'd get locked out. That meant that Sunday I wasn't able to leave for meals. The per diem was $60 a day, so Saturday got a nice $100 dinner and took most of it to the office and ate it Saturday.

I submit my expenses and tell him "hey, I couldn't get food Sunday so I doubled up and just got two dinners Saturday so I could eat Sunday."

A few weeks later, he calls me into the conference room with my receipt. He starts to yell at me for taking advantage. The policy is 10 breakfast, 15 lunch, and 45 for dinner, I can't submit one receipt for $100, they won't pay it.

Ives: I couldn't leave at all Sunday, so I had to get double Saturday to prepare, so I could actually eat something on Sunday.

Boss: No that's not allowed in our policy. You should have figured something else out. We are not going to pay. How did you keep the food all day, did you leave it sitting out all day and just eat it? There's no way you did that.

Ives: I flip out, "the client had a full kitchen, I put it in a fridge and microwaved it, why is that implausible to you? I worked 44 hours in two days, why are you making a fuss about $50? I didn't expense anything for Sunday, so it's all good."

Boss :No way you worked 44 hours, I don't believe you."

Ives: Look at my cab receipts to and from the hotel. Check the times.

Boss: maybe if you were better at your job you wouldn't have to work so much and you would have time to get dinner

I almost flipped the table over on him I was so angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

This guy straight up hated me. Here's a few anecdotes:

-We work in NYC. Once, I was up at a client in the east village, and there was a weird period where there was no street noise. This happens in NYC sometimes, and it's unnerving. When back in the office, I mentioned it to him in a casual conversation:

Ives: Weird thing today, there was just almost complete silence for line ten seconds when I was walking down the street.

Boss: What? No that never happens.

Ives: Uh...well, it was strange, but it was really cool to be in NYC and not hear any cars or whatever.

Boss: No, you are wrong. It did not happen.

Ives: You are joking right?

Boss: No, it doesn't happen

Ives : :psyduck:

-Another time, he asked me drive from Midtown out to a client in NJ and help with a problem and then come back. The client was maybe 10 miles away, but you had to drive through the Lincoln Tunnel and across Newark. It was maybe 9:30am, and he was like be back before noon.

Ives: it'll take me atleast an hour to get there and an hour to get back, probably more, then I need to do the work, which is atleast two hours. I'll be lucky to make it back to the city at all.

Boss: No, it's only ten miles away, that's like a fifteen minute drive in and out, so a half hour, and then you have your two hours. You just want to go there, screw around and leave early.

Ives: Driving from here, not even including the time it will take me to walk to the garage and get the car, is easily an hour. There's no way I can do it in fifteen minutes.

Boss: I've lived in NJ all my live and driven in to the city a dozen times, how can you know more than me about the traffic? Be back before noon.

Ives: Uhhh....

-One more anecdote

I drove out of town to a client in DC. I worked over the weekend installing their network. I found out Sunday, that no one else would be there, so if I left the office, I'd get locked out. That meant that Sunday I wasn't able to leave for meals. The per diem was $60 a day, so Saturday got a nice $100 dinner and took most of it to the office and ate it Saturday.

I submit my expenses and tell him "hey, I couldn't get food Sunday so I doubled up and just got two dinners Saturday so I could eat Sunday."

A few weeks later, he calls me into the conference room with my receipt. He starts to yell at me for taking advantage. The policy is 10 breakfast, 15 lunch, and 45 for dinner, I can't submit one receipt for $100, they won't pay it.

Ives: I couldn't leave at all Sunday, so I had to get double Saturday to prepare, so I could actually eat something on Sunday.

Boss: No that's not allowed in our policy. You should have figured something else out. We are not going to pay. How did you keep the food all day, did you leave it sitting out all day and just eat it? There's no way you did that.

Ives: I flip out, "the client had a full kitchen, I put it in a fridge and microwaved it, why is that implausible to you? I worked 44 hours in two days, why are you making a fuss about $50? I didn't expense anything for Sunday, so it's all good."

Boss :No way you worked 44 hours, I don't believe you."

Ives: Look at my cab receipts to and from the hotel. Check the times.

Boss: maybe if you were better at your job you wouldn't have to work so much and you would have time to get dinner

I almost flipped the table over on him I was so angry.

Glad you're free of that hell. I would never be able to hold that job down because I absolutely cannot stand people like that and do not take their poo poo. Respect to you for doing it.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Me: "Hey here are the laptops we need for our development team"
... 2 months pass ..
Purchasing: "here is the suggested bid, please approve"

<opens PDF of a $900 ASUS piece of poo poo laptop when we asked for $3000 Dell systems with very specific requirements>

Me: "No, those are not sufficient"

Purchasing: "Are you sure? They are the exact specs you requested"

Me: "False. Here are all the requisitions and paperwork and the build sheet I submitted. Here is a line by line breakdown of why it is not correct."

... no response ...

4:20pm:
Purchasing: "Hello? If we do not receive a response by 5pm we will be executing the order on the system we emailed you"

:ssj:

This job is why I keep meticulous loving records. Jesus christ.

edit: Hey with the right upper management copied with a little red exclamation mark and some highlighted text this was sorted out pretty quickly! Not to be smug or anything but it feels good to have the paperwork and documentation to back up what I'm saying when it reaches upper management :smug:

Walked fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 30, 2015

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Speaking of ordering stuff, has anyone else lost/never had an option for an Intel X520 DP NIC in a Dell R530? I can only pick the 10Gbase-T X540 and I want SFP+.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

If you are a blind gently caress I'm ordering you a 27" 1080P monitor. Problem solved.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bob Morales posted:

If you are a blind gently caress I'm ordering you a 27" 1080P monitor. Problem solved.

Get a 30 inch 2560x1600. You know, more pixels makes you see better right?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Glad you're free of that hell. I would never be able to hold that job down because I absolutely cannot stand people like that and do not take their poo poo. Respect to you for doing it.

Yeah, at the time I was a little naive and a little new to working in this kind of environment. I learned a lot, and it gave me a high tolerance to stress, but since leaving my life has improved 100000%.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Bob Morales posted:

Hey! You don't have to be blind to use a 27" 1080p monitor! :(

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Coredump posted:

Hey! You don't have to be blind to use a 27" 1080p monitor! :(

No, but it helps! :downsrim:

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Gothmog1065 posted:

Hey, I do that when the monitor has a wonky ratio and I'm trying to get it right!

Now I am tempted to get a bunch of ovals show up on google image search for circle.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Be sure to let people know that their eyesight is garbage and they should get that checked out.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Me: "We should start using Exclaimer, everyones E-mail signature will be centrally managed so nobody has to fuss setting up changes, plus the added security that nobody can misrepresent themselves or the company. 100 licences will cost us £400~ for the year, and is much cheaper than our current method of contracting a graphic designer for make them at £20 a pop"
Boss "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Events Manager: "I need a new computer, mine is slow and buggy and uses Office 2007" (Computer has an i5, 4Gb Ram, 128Gb SSD, I'll concede with office though)
Boss: "Ok good idea go and get a new computer"

I so wanted to reply with a lovely E-mail shutting this down, but I figured I'd let it fester along with the other poo poo load of things piling up while I move the entire office by myself.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

My old manager used to have a widescreen monitor. He had it set to 4:3 resolution so it was all stretched out. I showed him how to fix it and he argued that it was the right ration before. I ended up googling a picture of a circle and showing him, but he still didn't believe me.

I found the intro scene to Family Guy invaluable when I was ripping my DVDs to play on my ipod/PSP

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

My old manager used to have a widescreen monitor. He had it set to 4:3 resolution so it was all stretched out. I showed him how to fix it and he argued that it was the right ration before. I ended up googling a picture of a circle and showing him, but he still didn't believe me.

Don't try to help people, they'll just act like that even when it's blindingly obvious they're wrong.
A moron I worked with at my last job for some reason had never heard of tabbed browsing, his task bar was always full of 200 Firefox Windows all the time and took up like 3 inches at the bottom of the screen. And was a "sysadmin" apparently.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Been in the hospital due to diverticulitis & small tear in my colon. I set up my away message for mail & voicemail explaining briefly the situation so folks would know.

I've already had at least 4 people keep calling over & over without listening to the VM at all. All clients with small issues our help desk can fix. loving LISTEN TO THE VM ASSBAG I'M IN THE HOSPITAL :mad:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ozz81 posted:

Been in the hospital due to diverticulitis & small tear in my colon. I set up my away message for mail & voicemail explaining briefly the situation so folks would know.

I've already had at least 4 people keep calling over & over without listening to the VM at all. All clients with small issues our help desk can fix. loving LISTEN TO THE VM ASSBAG I'M IN THE HOSPITAL :mad:

turn phone off for your sanity and health.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MF_James posted:

turn phone off for your sanity and health.

Already did, I was keeping my boss updated by text when I first got here & it started blowing up. Been updating him periodically & when I turn the phone on I keep seeing missed calls & no voicemails left. I don't get how they can be so dumb.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Ozz81 posted:

Already did, I was keeping my boss updated by text when I first got here & it started blowing up. Been updating him periodically & when I turn the phone on I keep seeing missed calls & no voicemails left. I don't get how they can be so dumb.

At hell job I used to set my voice mail to be something like "This is Sir Fat Jony Ives, I'm currently unable to take phone calls, if this is a support emergency call 555-212-2121, and I still got a ton of phone calls with "Why aren't you calling me back?"

When I quit, I got a call from a bank that had a trading floor that I managed their phone system, our company didn't really have anyone else with the skill set, so they were kind of in an awkward place with that client. The client called me, and basically said "you can't quit, what are we supposed to do?" I said I already quit and I'm at my new job, so I'm sorry. The guy started yelling at me, called me a few colorful metaphors and basically said come work for me directly, and don't say no. It was strange, I was polite but refused and he flipped out. I ended up just hanging up on him.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

I said I already quit and I'm at my new job, so I'm sorry. The guy started yelling at me, called me a few colorful metaphors and basically said come work for me directly, and don't say no. It was strange, I was polite but refused and he flipped out. I ended up just hanging up on him.

"Oh, well, when you yell at me, insult me, make demands and basically show what kind of a boss you would be, that totally makes me want to come on board! Be right there! You pay 30% of market wage right? Just want to get that straight before I show up".

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Potato Alley posted:

"Oh, well, when you yell at me, insult me, make demands and basically show what kind of a boss you would be, that totally makes me want to come on board! Be right there! You pay 30% of market wage right? Just want to get that straight before I show up".

Seriously, it was a really weird phone call. And it's not the only one of it's kind I received after I quit.

Simpleboo
Oct 19, 2013

I know I'm late to the party, but I've been using a Maxonomic chair at home and I've never been more comfortable. I also like the fact that my chair looks like it goes faster than my car.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Seriously, it was a really weird phone call. And it's not the only one of it's kind I received after I quit.

Cocaine and being able to boss people around all day make people bad at functioning where you can't threaten people into submission.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Cocaine and being able to boss people around all day make people bad at functioning where you can't threaten people into submission.

Well, they get all hopped up on Gatorade and there's no telling what happens next:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HAd3hwTmAA

"You're on Wall Street, and we live for Gatorade."

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
God loving damnit!

Me: Hey boss, iPhones are flying the gently caress out on a daily basis even though we are in crisis-shutdown-save-every-cent-mode, and none of the users hand in their old one even though they promise they will be right back with it tomorrow after they have transferred their stuff to the new one.
Bossman: From now on nobody gets a new iPhone before they have handed in their old one. They are stealing from the company and it's reason for dismissal.
User: I need a new iPhone.
Me: Please hand in your old one first.
Boss: The user said you hurt his feelings, we should trust users when they say they will hand in their old iPhone later.

I have no more fucks left to give.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

evobatman posted:

God loving damnit!

If you don't provide a backup/restore service to your users I can see why they'd want to keep the old one a little while while transferring data. (even though you could back it up in iTunes, hand it over, and restore the backup to the new phone.)

Make a form stating that they owe your department the old iPhone, and have a printed copy ready for the users to sign when they want a delayed hand-in. Then hound them mercilessly when they miss the deadline they signed for - or just bill their department for an extra phone.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

evobatman posted:

God loving damnit!

Me: Hey boss, iPhones are flying the gently caress out on a daily basis even though we are in crisis-shutdown-save-every-cent-mode, and none of the users hand in their old one even though they promise they will be right back with it tomorrow after they have transferred their stuff to the new one.
Bossman: From now on nobody gets a new iPhone before they have handed in their old one. They are stealing from the company and it's reason for dismissal.
User: I need a new iPhone.
Me: Please hand in your old one first.
Boss: The user said you hurt his feelings, we should trust users when they say they will hand in their old iPhone later.

I have no more fucks left to give.

I've dealt with this before. In the end no amount of being patient and kind with the users ever worked reliably. Yes they signed paperwork stating they would return equipment but zero shits were given about it. The managers whose budgets the phones came out of didnt give a poo poo about it because they wanted to focus on other things like sales. We had users either outright lie about returning them or flat admit that they gave the phones to their kids. Ultimately taking the used cost price of the phone out of their paychecks is what got us our equipment back. That was a HUGE undertaking to work with HR and accounting to make it even possible. We had 500+ sales people though with a fair amount of turnover so it ended up being worth it in the long run.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I have a client developing in PRD, a junior developer who spent the last day developing in UAT, and everyone else developing in DEV. STOP loving USING EVERY loving ENVIRONMENT AS DEV YOU FOOLS! I can't clone PRD back into UAT to refresh data is everyone is taking a dump in every environment at the same loving time. /rant

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I've dealt with this before. In the end no amount of being patient and kind with the users ever worked reliably. Yes they signed paperwork stating they would return equipment but zero shits were given about it. The managers whose budgets the phones came out of didnt give a poo poo about it because they wanted to focus on other things like sales. We had users either outright lie about returning them or flat admit that they gave the phones to their kids. Ultimately taking the used cost price of the phone out of their paychecks is what got us our equipment back. That was a HUGE undertaking to work with HR and accounting to make it even possible. We had 500+ sales people though with a fair amount of turnover so it ended up being worth it in the long run.

When I quit my last job (not the terrible consulting job, but the one where I got a promotion and then didn't get a promotion) I got an angry call from the director accusing that I stole an bunch of iPhones.

I had taken a bunch of them with me to a client a few weeks earlier to demo some new software. However I had taken a pic of myself giving them back to the guy that keeps track of them. At the time I knew I was out the door and didn't want to have any problems, so I did some CYA.

They had just fired my manager a couple weeks before, so I'm pretty sure he stole them all. He was a real piece of work.

Now I'm thinking that manager. I used to bike to work, and he'd call me a fag, and joke about how I didn't need a seat on my bike because I'd just put the pipe up my butt and ride like that cause I was a fag. it was really weird. I confronted him about it and he told me that it was just good natured ribbing and he was trying to be friends with me.

Later, during the George Zimmerman trial, we were talking about the possibility of riots. Our job sort of revolved around TV news broadcasting, so we'd track news hotspots and prep for onsite work, but I made a joke that if there was rioting in Florida, I'd drive over to Best Buy and just grab a MacBook and walk out with it. He flipped out. Took me to HR and wrote me up for being "racist".

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

I hate meetings.

I hate that for some reason if you want to start a meeting at 11:00, nobody bothers to show up at 10:55 or 10:58. Heck not everyone gets there until 11:05.

I hate the fact that people at the meeting prior don't start wrapping stuff up at 10:55. Just run late who gives a hoot we're not using the room at 11:00

I hate the fact that people want to come visit you before the meeting to have a pre-meeting. Asking all these dang questions. I answer them all with "That's why we are having the meeting."

I hate the fact that the 12:00 meeting is a luncheon so you get bugged at 11:40 to 'wrap it up' because they need to setup for the luncheon. Why didn't you reserve the room starting at 11:45 if you need to setup before the lunch? Tell the Jimmy Johns guy to leave the delivery on the floor.

I hate the fact that we don't get Jimmy Johns instead we get food from the restaurant the owner's daughter owns down the road, and while it is tasty we only get a half a sandwich each and have to split a big community bowl of chips because the owner thinks a whole sandwich is too much for 1 person to each for lunch.

Bob Morales fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 1, 2015

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bob Morales posted:

I hate meetings.

I hate that for some reason if you want to start a meeting at 11:00, nobody bothers to show up at 10:55 or 10:58. Heck not everyone gets there until 11:05.

I hate the fact that people at the meeting prior don't start wrapping stuff up at 10:55. Just run late who gives a hoot we're not using the room at 11:00

I hate the fact that people want to come visit you before the meeting to have a pre-meeting. Asking all these dang questions. I answer them all with "That's why we are having the meeting."

I hate the fact that the 12:00 meeting is a luncheon so you get bugged at 11:40 to 'wrap it up' because they need to setup for the luncheon. Why didn't you reserve the room starting at 11:45 if you need to setup before the lunch? Tell the Jimmy Johns guy to leave the delivery on the floor.

I hate the fact that we don't get Jimmy Johns instead we get food from the restaurant the owner's daughter owns down the road, and while it is tasty we only get a half a sandwich each and have to split a big community bowl of chips because the owner thinks a whole sandwich is too much for 1 person to each for lunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvzw7MOFhQo
:colbert:

edit*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ys74vYk10

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 1, 2015

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

Now I'm thinking that manager. I used to bike to work, and he'd call me a fag, and joke about how I didn't need a seat on my bike because I'd just put the pipe up my butt and ride like that cause I was a fag. it was really weird. I confronted him about it and he told me that it was just good natured ribbing and he was trying to be friends with me.

Here in the UK, I'm pretty sure doing things like that would get you fired so hard you'd be punching orbit. We had a field rep cause a stink from comparing his holiday suntan to a nearby black colleague who took offence, and he was poo poo canned the following few days (I'm paving over the details here, but protected characteristics are there for a reason).

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Super Slash posted:

Here in the UK, I'm pretty sure doing things like that would get you fired so hard you'd be punching orbit. We had a field rep cause a stink from comparing his holiday suntan to a nearby black colleague who took offence, and he was poo poo canned the following few days (I'm paving over the details here, but protected characteristics are there for a reason).

Same here, but I didn't do anything about it. I probably could have filed a complaint.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
So, the place I"m working now wants me to take this SDI Training garbage.

http://totalsdi.com/

As far as I can tell it's a glorified personality test, and I hate these things because if you end up not fitting into the desired management template then you won't be able to get anywhere promotion-wise.

I would really just like to totally break this thing, otherwise, I'm going to try and weasel out of it and not do it at all.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Well that certainly looks terrible. Best of luck with it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Finster Dexter posted:

As far as I can tell it's a glorified personality test, and I hate these things because if you end up not fitting into the desired management template then you won't be able to get anywhere promotion-wise.

I would really just like to totally break this thing, otherwise, I'm going to try and weasel out of it and not do it at all.

I have been through several variations of these tests over the last 20+ years. I'll let you know when I take one that doesn't turn out to be horseshit, or used for the most fatuous reasons by management.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Finster Dexter posted:

Why don't you want to be happy and productive like the people in the pictures? Are you not fully engaged?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
How the gently caress are you supposed to interpret the axes on that triangle?

Simpleboo
Oct 19, 2013

Dick Trauma posted:

I have been through several variations of these tests over the last 20+ years. I'll let you know when I take one that doesn't turn out to be horseshit, or used for the most fatuous reasons by management.

So this is a "professional" facebook quiz basically?

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

Why actually get to know your employees and nurture their career within your organization when you can have them fill out a 10 minute web form that'll tell you everything you need to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Same here, but I didn't do anything about it. I probably could have filed a complaint.

No probably about it. Repeatedly "ribbing" someone based on their sexual preferences, perceived or not, is a pretty big no-no. I'm pretty sure it can be used as evidence for a sexual harrassment suit.

So you could have sued the poo poo out of your former employer.