Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah I like them all fine except that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol you posted the one really bad one, so that somehow speaks for the entirety of the game? Hahaha

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh man the dancing dlc is up on the webstore i couldnt get to it in the game so i assumed there wasnt any yet. yes more songsssss

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

two free songs even

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Baal posted:

Lol you posted the one really bad one, so that somehow speaks for the entirety of the game? Hahaha

they are afflicted with severe accessoritis

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only whose accessories are egregious are the big dude. I guess if you really care about her dumb belt then the one chick is also bad, but it's really not that bad. Everyone of the human characters otherwise look fine and have very little in the way of extra crap cluttering their designs. The FE persona look weird, but they don't have like an excess of crap on them except like Virion who is obviously having some of his poofish personality shown through some of the stuff he has.

They're not great designs, but they're not really bad either, mediocre at worst and okay at best.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I'm a big fan of the power ranger guy

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think the belt looks nice

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
This is my boy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That dude is what I like irl

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tharja just looks like Tharja but with a visor covering her face

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Tharja just looks like Tharja but with a visor covering her face

Her clothing is actually better than Tharja's regular clothing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's why it's worse

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hace posted:

This is my boy

This guy looks cool.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
some of these designs are actually making me warm up to this game.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Dance Instructor owns, I hope they are in P5 as an S.Link.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i just noticed that the tharja fusion girl's staff is a mic stand.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think the Fire Emblem Personas look cool.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they're a little bland to me, but not bad or anything

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
holy poo poo they wasted a lot of time and money to make a really obnoxiously long story mode for DAN

does Arena have this long of a story thing? The bit with Nanako was cute and Kanji's been busting out some dope lines but mostly I'm just holding down triangle

Why isn't the Marie DLC available yet?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

The only whose accessories are egregious are the big dude. I guess if you really care about her dumb belt then the one chick is also bad, but it's really not that bad. Everyone of the human characters otherwise look fine and have very little in the way of extra crap cluttering their designs. The FE persona look weird, but they don't have like an excess of crap on them except like Virion who is obviously having some of his poofish personality shown through some of the stuff he has.

They're not great designs, but they're not really bad either, mediocre at worst and okay at best.

The excess of crap is actually why Virion is the best design out of the personas.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Arena's story mode is like 20 hours and Ultimax's is like 8.

DAN's story mode is stupidly long for a story for a loving rhythm game and it did not need to be that and it actively makes me want to play it less. But I'm gonna keep doing cause I need to see how the story of dancing all night unravels in its utter stupidity.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The excess of crap is actually why Virion is the best design out of the personas.

I said I liked his design tho?

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

precision posted:

holy poo poo they wasted a lot of time and money to make a really obnoxiously long story mode for DAN

does Arena have this long of a story thing? The bit with Nanako was cute and Kanji's been busting out some dope lines but mostly I'm just holding down triangle

Why isn't the Marie DLC available yet?

Arenas plays its story out across every characters story, and like 70% of each play through is identical. Thems kinda the breaks with fighting games though, unless you want to swap characters every fight.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Hace posted:

This is my boy

Pesmerga's hunt for Yuber continues into entirely different games.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

I said I liked his design tho?

I was agreeing with you, just reiterating that his giant rose and sweet hat are the best.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My b

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Baal posted:

Arena's story mode is like 20 hours and Ultimax's is like 8.

DAN's story mode is stupidly long for a story for a loving rhythm game and it did not need to be that and it actively makes me want to play it less. But I'm gonna keep doing cause I need to see how the story of dancing all night unravels in its utter stupidity.

The climax is pretty hilarious. Missed opportunity of not having Nanako dance off a boss Shadow though. There was a perfect moment for it too.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

You know, given that Barry is older than most of the cast, I expect his Mirage to be one of the Jaegans.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It could be Jaegan, but since he's literally weeb trash it's likely it'll be Nowi.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Atlus not translating the text messages was a pretty lame oversight though since there's a about a minute of people texting in one scene. You can sort of guess what they're texting, but still an odd oversight.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm buying DAN for the story mode, much like I got a PS3 and P4AU so I could play the story modes. :negative:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

so far DAN's story mode is only good when Kanji is around

surprise surprise

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Really Pants posted:

so far DAN's story mode is only good when Kanji is around

surprise surprise

I'm glad that they set up everyone's dances in appropriate worlds that are thematically similar to them, like Kanji wanting to dance in the doll world. But yeah Kanji has a lot of good lines.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

The next spin-off will be Persona 4: Kanji's Epic Yarn.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Delsaber posted:

The next spin-off will be Persona 4: Kanji's Epic Yarn.

I'm sure they can pull out another Izanagi-related deity if they wanted right? The Inaba team seems fated to always get pulled in whenever it's Izanagi related.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Don't get me wrong, the actual dancing is great, but for most of the time you're just sitting there going GET ON WITH IT

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just free dance then

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i like the story so far. I thought the premise was dumb but it makes sense as far as the theme being adhering to others' ideas of you n like typecasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

epitasis posted:

i like the story so far. I thought the premise was dumb but it makes sense as far as the theme being adhering to others' ideas of you n like typecasting

Having spent a lot more time with it since I last posted, I think the story is serviceable and has some good beats but there's a lot of stuff that seems real samey. All 4 of the initial idol rescues go down nearly exactly the same way. I guess the same complaint could be leveled at P4 though. Also the inner monologue writing is atrocious.