Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
loving hell I just lost something like a grade and a half for missing 2 free throws.

edit: just lost another one after running a successful pick and roll in which I scored for'holding the ball too long'. I'm a loving playmaker, man, gently caress this retarded game.

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I mostly played MyCareer last year but its no doubt the worst mode this time around, I am having much more fun in literally every other mode

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is it because the other moves are just more fun? Because from the 2nd year on, mycareer's a huge improvement in terms of having stuff to do outside of playing games, and there's a lot less bullshit like constant after-game interviews.

In theory at least. Biggest problem are the Player Strength/Weakness bug that's slowing down the otherwise faster gameplay.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tae posted:

Is it because the other moves are just more fun? Because from the 2nd year on, mycareer's a huge improvement in terms of having stuff to do outside of playing games, and there's a lot less bullshit like constant after-game interviews.

In theory at least. Biggest problem are the Player Strength/Weakness bug that's slowing down the otherwise faster gameplay.

I think the problem is with the new improvements myleague/gm are a lot cooler, the online ranked mode is great, myteam has seen improvements. I really like the stuff you get to do starting in your 2nd season in mycareer but the Spike Lee poo poo was a slog and it's lacking the cheesy interaction story stuff of the last years, which is a big disappointment.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

As someone that likes to restart Mycareer whenever there's a major league-wide roster change, I'm ultimately glad the 1st year is streamlined to be skipped compared to last year's game.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Inside Outside posted:

Maybe I'm just used to playing with sliders, but this year's version seems way harder than 2k15. I just had a game where the Thunder scored 68 points in the paint, most of which were players just dribbling straight into the paint while all my defenders just stood there, no matter what I did to my defensive settings and points of emphasis. As long as I'm complaining about ~*~realism~*~ in my basketball video game, I would have liked to have seen Ibaka have to leave the game with an injury after this one:

The defense settings and individual player settings are so key. I used to mostly ignore them but now it's really needed.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Tae posted:

Is it because the other moves are just more fun?
They fixed normal online play (unless in six months all the chumps have bought their way into the upper leagues). As someone who mostly plays random online matches it's nice that they upped the finishing slider from 2K15 too. Stamina seems really high for most guys to where you don't even have to sub out much but I think that changes each time you move up.

My only real complaint is that you can't see what the other guy is prepping anymore, including jersey choices. Landing in a game where both guys wear black alternates is dumb.

The Kings are pretty good if you want to move up quickly, I've run people off the court the last 3 games with Collison / Belinelli / McLemore / Gay / Boogie and you get a bonus win / cash if you beat the better teams.

Still loving up so many fast breaks and post-ups.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
So I didn't get over to the Team Owner connection and now it's giving me a :( and saying the connection is unavailable. Does that resolve at some point? I hope I didn't lock myself out of things.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

zelah posted:

So I didn't get over to the Team Owner connection and now it's giving me a :( and saying the connection is unavailable. Does that resolve at some point? I hope I didn't lock myself out of things.

They eventually forgive you, but I would suggest not skipping his events in the future since they are rare

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Why am I losing grade because some other rear end got a penalty and it was a turnover. I passed to him, moved to a better angle, called, got ignored, and somehow it's my problem his dumb rear end just stood there.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

They eventually forgive you, but I would suggest not skipping his events in the future since they are rare

Good to know. Should I keep it in my list to see when it's okay or is it better to remove it for now?

Now that my PF is in the mid-70s scoring got a lot easier. Me and Lillard are 5th and 3rd in the league in scoring 20 games into the season, but the rest of the team is garbage. We'll see how Portland does in the lottery.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I just unlocked historic domination. Man, the point requirements are pretty steep, especially considering the caliber of player the high tier teams have (Especially the all star ones). Final team (the MT team) has a requirement of 890, and even back to like team 15 or so its above 800.

I've only managed to score more than 890 like 3 times in the regular domination, with my highest score being 915, so that's gonna take some work.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

zelah posted:

Good to know. Should I keep it in my list to see when it's okay or is it better to remove it for now?

Now that my PF is in the mid-70s scoring got a lot easier. Me and Lillard are 5th and 3rd in the league in scoring 20 games into the season, but the rest of the team is garbage. We'll see how Portland does in the lottery.

Are you an inside PF too? Once I picked up the Fade Ace badge and golded it, I went from averaging like 8 pts a game to averaging ~20 coming off the bench. The 10k VC from the preorder bonus helped a lot too.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Just got the 99 star domination reward, Amethyst Jason Kidd.

My 3 all star player rewards were two John Walls and a Brooke Lopez (yes, 3 eastern conference players, not sure why I didn't get a western conference guy from the western conference pack), what a bummer. Last year I got Lebron and KD.

Oh, and the reward for getting 99 stars in historic domination is a '94 Amethyst Scottie Pippin, which is pretty cool.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

Are you an inside PF too? Once I picked up the Fade Ace badge and golded it, I went from averaging like 8 pts a game to averaging ~20 coming off the bench. The 10k VC from the preorder bonus helped a lot too.

It's too bad Fade Ace isn't one of the nicknames you can pick, because yes. Fade can't be stopped.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On myTeam, are ya'll starting out with Richuan Holmes and Jakarr Sampson and the like? Is that why domination is hard? I just go Kyrie and AD and am thinking about starting. Should I wait until I get a more complete roster?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ButtWolf posted:

On myTeam, are ya'll starting out with Richuan Holmes and Jakarr Sampson and the like? Is that why domination is hard? I just go Kyrie and AD and am thinking about starting. Should I wait until I get a more complete roster?

Nah man the first teams in domination are pretty easy and you'll fill out your team with generally at least decent silvers from the reward for getting 3 stars on each team. Later on you'll start getting more gold players too as the teams get better (ie, there's more gold players for the reward pack to pull from on the team).

I've got a full gold team now (except kevin martin who might as well be gold) and it's all from domination and using money I made from it, selling duplicate players and just the MT reward from the games.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hopterque posted:

Nah man the first teams in domination are pretty easy and you'll fill out your team with generally at least decent silvers from the reward for getting 3 stars on each team. Later on you'll start getting more gold players too as the teams get better (ie, there's more gold players for the reward pack to pull from on the team).

I've got a full gold team now (except kevin martin who might as well be gold) and it's all from domination and using money I made from it, selling duplicate players and just the MT reward from the games.

Cool. I figure with Kemba, AD, and Kyrie I can pretty far anyway. I haven't seen a single historic player in about 6 packs though, are they in the packs at all? or just special cards ?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ButtWolf posted:

Cool. I figure with Kemba, AD, and Kyrie I can pretty far anyway. I haven't seen a single historic player in about 6 packs though, are they in the packs at all? or just special cards ?

Historics aren't in packs yet I don't think, you can only get them by doing historic domination for now. Last year they released historic packs at some point a couple months after the game launched.

Also yeah you can totally get pretty far with those three, I mean poo poo, I just had my couple silvers and bronze scrubs for quite a few games before I got some decent players and didn't have trouble.

e: I would kill for AD, in one of my previous posts about domination I talked about having a big angry rebounding dunking guy is like the most important part of doing well in domination and he's the best one in the game, so...

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Why Trailblazers, you'd like to trade me Old Man Sabonis for Mo Speights? Sounds good to me!

He owns in this and I'm glad to finally have him in my video games.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 30, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So...

Muggsy Bogues sure is short.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

hopterque posted:

So...

Muggsy Bogues sure is short.

He looked just as ridiculous watching him when he played.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Lockback posted:

He looked just as ridiculous watching him when he played.

Yeah it was pretty crazy IRL but something about the way they scaled him in game (since he's essentially just a normal sized player scaled down to tiny size) makes him look absolutely loving hilarious in game, especially in motion.

I'm kinda sad I didn't get him from the reward pack but I got Alonzo Mourning instead which is loving rad.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is Penny Hardaway and Jamal Mashburn in the game? I want to recreate an ultimate 90s what could have been team.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hopterque posted:

Yeah it was pretty crazy IRL but something about the way they scaled him in game (since he's essentially just a normal sized player scaled down to tiny size) makes him look absolutely loving hilarious in game, especially in motion.

I'm kinda sad I didn't get him from the reward pack but I got Alonzo Mourning instead which is loving rad.

Hey man it's hosed up you're talking poo poo about the nba's first gnome player getting recognition.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would.love to have Muggsy. I grabbed a Melo and Mike Conley earlier too and still have yet to play a game.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Hey I wanted to drop in and ask, I've been noticing a marked delay between me starting a shot and finishing in online that has been ruining otherwise good shots. I'm hardwired through a 100 Mbps connection, is this just normal and I have to learn to compensate or is it just a string of people with poo poo connections in the Freshman league?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

2k servers are always bad, always always

I don't know how to measure ping on my ps4 but I bet it's well over 100

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ArbitraryTA posted:

Hey I wanted to drop in and ask, I've been noticing a marked delay between me starting a shot and finishing in online that has been ruining otherwise good shots. I'm hardwired through a 100 Mbps connection, is this just normal and I have to learn to compensate or is it just a string of people with poo poo connections in the Freshman league?

It's 2K's servers. They actually are improved this year, but it's still pretty bad. As always, the trick in online play is 20% actual gameplay and 80% a weird metagame where you have to base all your strategies and playstyle around the crippling input lag.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

hopterque posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ersgBu_JTY

one of the greatest youtube videos

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

ArbitraryTA posted:

The best thing about online is everybody jumping after a made shot for the rebound.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

RBX posted:

The best thing about online is everybody jumping after a made shot for the rebound.

Do they just hover around the hoop when they don't have the ball? I'll do that in my career. If my ai teammates are ball hogging and there's like 8 or so seconds left on the shot clock I just book it to the hoop. Less then 3 and I am under the basket ready to rebound their miss. Gets me 6-8 rebounds a game. Even better if you can leave your man on defense because you're sure the computer won't pass to him being open because they are going for the shot.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The new app is out for all your free VC needs.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

hopterque posted:

Was about to post this. Just got like 1200 VC straight away :)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Do they just hover around the hoop when they don't have the ball? I'll do that in my career. If my ai teammates are ball hogging and there's like 8 or so seconds left on the shot clock I just book it to the hoop. Less then 3 and I am under the basket ready to rebound their miss. Gets me 6-8 rebounds a game. Even better if you can leave your man on defense because you're sure the computer won't pass to him being open because they are going for the shot.

I was making a joke about how bad the lag is lol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

hopterque posted:

Hot drat. For those who don't use it you get a hefty amount of VC every day, and the "game" portion isn't too bad while you are in new-NBA season euphoria

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
GM mode is hilarious. I'm playing as the Spurs and the game is trying to pretend that half of the team is egotistical divas and David West is so upset that he doesn't get 20+ minutes of game time. Overall I'm really liking this year, haven't played since 2012 but this was a good time to come back in, Spike Lee travesty not withstanding.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Hopefully there will be a patch to adjust the salaries players ask for in MyGM/League. Being able to lock up Andre Drummond for $8 million a year just doesn't sit right with me, though I guess I could always edit those salaries myself but blegh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

2k's always been underselling on players since forever. Real-world GM logic is much dumber than logic, and you can't account for that (See: Reggie Jackson)

edit: Apparently if you get traded, your salary gets lowered. The gently caress??

Tae fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 1, 2015

• Locked thread