Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Added this to my Want List at sirtoys recently, kinda hate to cancel on the guy as I've done business with him in the past and it's gone well. I'll send him a message, see if he'll match or beat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hasbro is apparently chasing 3rd parties into the late era G1 realm because a bunch of the Third Parties announced poo poo like THE NEW Thunderwing, Seacons and Liokaiser.

All is in vain, for nothing shall stand up to the relentless plastic barrage of the Hassenfeld Brothers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

Added this to my Want List at sirtoys recently, kinda hate to cancel on the guy as I've done business with him in the past and it's gone well. I'll send him a message, see if he'll match or beat it.

The guy I caught that from says it was $90 this morning, the seller probably jacked it up because of demand. I'm sure Paul will match it but going through him it will be without packaging.

Edit: Or not. He has it noted as with packaging.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Four is definitely on the shelves, I bought a Mirage from a pile of discarded TF toys in some corner of walmart away from the glorious Star Wars displays.

He is good and blue.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

4 is on shelves
5 is on the boat
6 is shipping soon
Is it a violation of your presumed NDA to discuss case assortments that are on the shelves or is that information that can be publicly disseminated without repercussion?

I doubt it is relevant now but I've been meaning to ask.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

Four is definitely on the shelves, I bought a Mirage from a pile of discarded TF toys in some corner of walmart away from the glorious Star Wars displays.

He is good and blue.
Is it a violation of your presumed NDA to discuss case assortments that are on the shelves or is that information that can be publicly disseminated without repercussion?

I doubt it is relevant now but I've been meaning to ask.

Case assortments are generally public knowledge and easy to find. Wave four is two of each guy per case, no revisions yet. As we wave 3. I assume the next waves will be the same.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm wondering if I should pre-order the Skylynx wave because last waves tend to be a bitch to get a hold of, but then again brainstorm, Arcee, and Chromia are still readily available.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Spiderdrake posted:

No, generally anything that's announced or released I can talk about, with a few exceptions (typically "do not put on shelf until X/X/X" stuff)

edit: wave 4 is pretty saturated, we've had them in our store for a few weeks, which usually gets things a few weeks after everywhere else

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Anyone see them in SE Michigan? Wave 4 I mean.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Comfortador posted:

Anyone see them in SE Michigan? Wave 4 I mean.

They're all over NE Indiana so it can'e be too long.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Has Sirtoys ever had the Dog Sized Skylynx in?

because I want one.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy crap.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Humanity wasn't meant to have that much Sky Lynx.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Humanity wasn't meant to have that much Sky Lynx.
Pride before the Sky Lynx falling off your shelve and impaling itself in your liver

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I was trying to find a scale comparison to the g1 Skylynx and the new Generations one. it doesn't matter anymore either of them an insufficient compared to Titan Class Knockoffs.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tighclops posted:

Clearly this is just what the Titan Wars cartoon show will be called in Canada due to our hamfisted CRTC regs

No, no, it'll be called "Tighties."

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm wondering if I should pre-order the Skylynx wave because last waves tend to be a bitch to get a hold of, but then again brainstorm, Arcee, and Chromia are still readily available.

No, man. You should just go to all the stores. You like that kind of stuff, right?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Deceptive Thinker posted:

4 is on shelves
5 is on the boat
6 is shipping soon

I meant the 4/5/6 members of the combaticons, not so much the waves. But thanks still.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I was trying to find a scale comparison to the g1 Skylynx and the new Generations one. it doesn't matter anymore either of them an insufficient compared to Titan Class Knockoffs.

G1 Skylynx is huge already, the new Skylynx can function as his baby.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The guy I caught that from says it was $90 this morning, the seller probably jacked it up because of demand. I'm sure Paul will match it but going through him it will be without packaging.

Edit: Or not. He has it noted as with packaging.

I got in touch with him and he told me to go to the wish list page and in the URL box to put a link to the ebay listing, and in the description box put "Masterpiece Optimus Prime MP10 OS - price matching"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

I got in touch with him and he told me to go to the wish list page and in the URL box to put a link to the ebay listing, and in the description box put "Masterpiece Optimus Prime MP10 OS - price matching"

I just went to do the same thing and saw Paul had messaged me with similar advice.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I just went to do the same thing and saw Paul had messaged me with similar advice.
Does he follow through on the wish list thing? I've neglected signing up for it for no good reason but I like the concept.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

TheDK posted:

Does he follow through on the wish list thing? I've neglected signing up for it for no good reason but I like the concept.

He does! I got a baller bigass green elephant guy (I think he's listed as a roadbot) via the wish list and I don't think it even took that long.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When someone gets it, give a rundown on it, I never got an mp 10 and an oversized one might be in my wheelhouse.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So how does Sirtoys procure such a vast amount of knockoffs? Like it seems weird that there would be this massive hub of fake plastic. Like knockoffs have always had the issue of never having stable supply and many of them are fly by night companies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

So how does Sirtoys procure such a vast amount of knockoffs? Like it seems weird that there would be this massive hub of fake plastic. Like knockoffs have always had the issue of never having stable supply and many of them are fly by night companies.

He lives in China and saw a market for this. He rents a warehouse and has worked his way up to going to the trade events and meeting directly with the KO makers.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

He does! I got a baller bigass green elephant guy (I think he's listed as a roadbot) via the wish list and I don't think it even took that long.

Trip report please!

TheDK posted:

He has found all but two things I wanted. Both of which were long out of production but he still looked for them.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I too am puzzled how someone in China could get his hands on so many knockoffs.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Trip report please!

Man I just had twins and all I have time for is phone posting vague memories of the fun I've had with my toys but I'll try to dig him out and refresh myself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Man I just had twins and all I have time for is phone posting vague memories of the fun I've had with my toys but I'll try to dig him out and refresh myself.

Ooooh Congrats!

And obviously you named them after TFs right?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rhyno posted:

Ooooh Congrats!

Welcome to the world, little Pounce and Wingspan.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Ooooh Congrats!

I used all my "naming my kids after stuff I love" points when I named my first kid Harpo. But I did enjoy giving my wife poo poo for trying to co-opt my hobby by "doing a Soundwave impression with your uterus."

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Welcome to the world, little Pounce and Wingspan.

Good call, and even better call not going with the Autobot clones.

Why cookie Rocket fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 1, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
why the hell would you saddle your kid with the name "harpo" in 2015?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

why the hell would you saddle your kid with the name "harpo" in 2015?

The autobiography of Harpo Marx had a profound effect on me, and now no one who has ever met him will forget his name. He has a great normal middle name if he wants to tap out, I'm not a monster.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The autobiography of Harpo Marx had a profound effect on me, and now no one who has ever met him will forget his name. He has a great normal middle name if he wants to tap out, I'm not a monster.

Well.......

I kid I kid! As a birth gift check out this IDW THUNDERWING!

Only two finished modes shown but they have the concept image behind the alt mode. And it appears to be MP Magnus sized! Killer!

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Congrats!

Apparently it doesn't even have to be stuff on his site, you can just add stuff you find online to your wish list and he'll look for you. Now I wanna google around for awesome/bizarre knockoffs

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
So I am curious if anyone in thread has been to Botcon before? I was looking into it over the weekend and saw it's in Louisville next year which is about a 3 hour drive. I have a hotel room for it at the moment and part of me is rather giddy considering how long I've been a fan. Any thing I can expect while I'm there? Are there fun panels? Are there at least a lot of Transformers to look at and go "oooooooo"?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

I used all my "naming my kids after stuff I love" points when I named my first kid Harpo.

Skids and Mudflap

You're welcome.

Are their any indications on what toys from Sirtoys will not explode into plastic chunks upon ordering them? I would love to just order like a bunch of things from there, but the thought of ordering a bunch of cool looking dudes and then having them shatter or just not work terrifies me. Plus I can only imagine that the shipping is nuts.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Congrats man!

I'm not gonna lie, if I had twins, the thought of naming them Luke and Leia might have crossed my mind, but those are actual normal names than a ton of people have (although Leia is usually spelled Leah).

That doesn't seem like a bad price. What's the quality of that thing like?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

Congrats man!

I'm not gonna lie, if I had twins, the thought of naming them Luke and Leia might have crossed my mind, but those are actual normal names than a ton of people have (although Leia is usually

If they weren't girls I would've named one Jim, after Jim Bexley Speed; and the other Bexley, after Jim Bexley Speed.

The big green elephant transformer I got from Sirtoys is really solid and I forgot it was a triple-changer. Mostly because none of the modes are especially perfect. Not like "squint and it looks kind of like a tank" bad like some bots with third modes, but like the robot mode has some odd proportions and the tank mode is just a notch above a transmetal's 3rd mode. Those negatives aside, it's exactly what it looks like-- a roughly leader-sized robot that turns into a mechanical elephant. We don't have a great official elephant TF yet, so this helps scratch the itch.

The hunt for a hippo transformer continues...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Ironhide from Beast Wars was in an Elephant

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's also that supposed knockoff of Generations Rhinox that's a hippo

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

If they weren't girls I would've named one Jim, after Jim Bexley Speed; and the other Bexley, after Jim Bexley Speed.

:hfive: congrats man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Anora posted:

Ironhide from Beast Wars was in an Elephant

There's BW Ironhide, and Torca almost scratches the itch. Sirtoys also has a orange and yellow elephant-former that I picked up, but I don't love it. Big Convoy rules of course. But I really hope that someday we get a super-cool elephant.

As long as I'm sleep-deprived and rambling my #1 retarded dream want is a hearse that turns into a robot version of the Undertaker like those Star Wars or Marvel transformers (but designed by someone competent).