Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

a rowdy mullet posted:

Would it be justified to start Derek Carr vs. the Bears instead of Matt Ryan vs. Houston? I feel like just about any QB could skullfuck the Bears D at this point, and while Ryan has been reliable for me to this point Carr is having the best stretch of his (short) career right now. I have Carr + Amani cooper in both my leagues :getin:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but HOU has one of the better secondaries and a mean pass rush. I like Carr here much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but HOU has one of the better secondaries and a mean pass rush. I like Carr here much better.

They do indeed. Jonathan Joseph, Rahim Moore, and Kareem Jackson.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Suave Fedora posted:

The Rodgers/Brady owner in our league traded away Rodgers for Fitzgerald. I think they are at least cognizant enough to realize when a wasted commodity is going to languish on the bench.

For some reason I read that as "Rodgers for Fitzpatrick" and spent a good minute trying to figure out what I was missing there that would make that remotely feasible.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'd rather have Cobb and Forte in a 14 teamer.

True but I'm in a lot of trouble during bye weeks and in case of injuries. My team is just nothing beneath my starters. For reference:

If I trade Forte and Cobb I still have Landry and Cooper. I'd run out a lineup of Peyton - Cooper - Landry - Lacy - Jones - Graham - and will fill my flex in eventually with DGB.

Actually now that I type that out I see that my team would be a lot weaker if I trade Forte and Cobb. Guess I'll just pray that Julius Thomas is somehow good when he comes back and I find a RB somewhere.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Ughh I need a QB I think. I was hoping Rivers would be at worst fine, and I have Romo who will eventually come back, but the Chargers o-line is in shambles atm.

Top QBs on the WW are Palmer, Carr, and Eli Manning, should I be taking any of them over Rivers? Palmer would seem to be the choice but he plays the Rams this week

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Intruder posted:

Ughh I need a QB I think. I was hoping Rivers would be at worst fine, and I have Romo who will eventually come back, but the Chargers o-line is in shambles atm.

Top QBs on the WW are Palmer, Carr, and Eli Manning, should I be taking any of them over Rivers? Palmer would seem to be the choice but he plays the Rams this week

Palmer or Carr are both solid choices. Palmer is probably better rest of season, so unless you're already down like 0-3 and can't afford another loss he might be the better option. How's your week 4 game? Are you playing the league Taco?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
get in on Palmer, the AZ offense is "tied for the fourth-most points scored through three games (126) in NFL history" per ESPN

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Week 4 looks pretty close, I'm 3-0 so I'm not desperate to win every week

He has Luck going against Jacksonville, oof

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I especially don't like Carr short term. He has Chicago (fine) then Denver and a Bye.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Intruder posted:

Week 4 looks pretty close, I'm 3-0 so I'm not desperate to win every week

He has Luck going against Jacksonville, oof

I would definitely pick Palmer over Carr then. Grats on going 3-0 with Rivers though. Holy Moly.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Palmer for sure.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Reik posted:

I would definitely pick Palmer over Carr then. Grats on going 3-0 with Rivers though. Holy Moly.

Antonio Brown went bananas for me in week 2 which saved otherwise pedestrian performances. I also have Carlos Hyde and Travis Kelce so week 1 was a breeze

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Intruder posted:

Pick up Carson Palmer and start him until he sucks. Arizona O has looked great, and he is an every week starter until further notice.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'm 3-0 and I've been offered Demarco Murray and Jordan Reed for Chrid Ivory and Greg Olsen. 1PPR.

Team:

Cam
AP
Ivory
Antonio Brown
Jordan Matthews
Mike Evans
Greg Olsen

I'm torn.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ty1990 posted:

I'm 3-0 and I've been offered Demarco Murray and Jordan Reed for Chrid Ivory and Greg Olsen. 1PPR.

Team:

Cam
AP
Ivory
Antonio Brown
Jordan Matthews
Mike Evans
Greg Olsen

I'm torn.

Uhh Ivory > Murray, Olsen > Reed. Why you torn?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Also going to echo the sentiments of grabbing Palmer and starting him ROS. This week, I was that guy who set an alarm for 1:30am to scoop up all of the free agents. Ended up getting the Eagles Defense and Rawls (to prevent my opponent who has Lynch from grabbing him).

Totally worth it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
CMike got 1st team Reps today...

After I dropped him for Dunbar :lol:

What a nightmare of a backfield. At least Dunbar has some PPR value.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
General question- has anyone been following the Forte trade rumors all that closely? The one piece I saw suggested Baltimore and Denver might be thinking about it. I'd be really curious to see him anywhere that's not the disaster that is Chicago.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Speaking of Forte, how are people viewing him atm, good buy low target?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

LmaoTheKid posted:

CMike got 1st team Reps today...

That isn't what my uncle who works at nintendo says

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

VietCampo posted:

Speaking of Forte, how are people viewing him atm, good buy low target?

This is part of what I'm trying to puzzle out myself. I think if he remains with Chicago the rest of the way he's probably going to end up a mid to low end RB1. In another situation, does he take the top spot in a committee? Or does he end up running behind a better line, against teams that can't sell out to stop him?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

That isn't what my uncle who works at nintendo says

Of course your uncle working for the Rising Sun doesn't know anything about AMERICA's team

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
So we're all hopping on the tyrod train correct?

I really don't want to be alone in my dispair next week if he plays like poo poo!

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
ESPN Standard League:

Andrew Luck vs. Jax
Matt Ryan vs. Houston

Normally it'd be Luck no question, but with his rocky start this year I'm worried (not to mention Luck's recent shoulder injury). They're both playing bad defenses so that doesn't help. Thoughts?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

GamingHyena posted:

ESPN Standard League:

Andrew Luck vs. Jax
Matt Ryan vs. Houston

Normally it'd be Luck no question, but with his rocky start this year I'm worried (not to mention Luck's recent shoulder injury). They're both playing bad defenses so that doesn't help. Thoughts?

I'd still go with Luck unless something comes out between now and Sunday that he's more than just sore.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm trying to swing the following trade, what are your thoughts on it?

ESPN PPR League:
Give: RB - Darren Sproles
Give: WR - Michael Crabtree

Rcv: RB - Geovani Bernard
Rcv: WR - Sammy Watkins

Definitely tilted in my favor, but how far?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

zeldadude posted:

So we're all hopping on the tyrod train correct?

I really don't want to be alone in my dispair next week if he plays like poo poo!

I'm already on it, brother. My team is now called Tyrodasaurus Rex!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Can anyone who watched cinci tell me about Hill? Is he busted or is it just bad luck?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gio just straight up looks better. Hill isn't done, just a slow start. Right now Gio is definitely the guy to own, though.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Evaluate trade. My team:

I give: Foster and Decker. I get Megatron and Ryan Mathews.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Evaluate trade. My team:

I give: Foster and Decker. I get Megatron and Ryan Mathews.

You really need WR help so on the surface this looks like a good trade. Megatron has two brutal weeks ahead against Seattle and then Arizona, but after that, their schedule is pretty nice the rest of the year. I really want no part of the Chip Kelly RB Committee even after Mathews had a great week. When DeMarco gets back, he will at best split carries with the other RB's. Honestly, I don't like that you have to give up your best WR in this deal. I would try to counter with Foster for Megatron straight up.

Edit: On second thought, you are definitely giving up too much to get Megatron. Your 2nd best RB who could be top 5 and your best WR is too much. You need to keep Decker.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

SeannieDarko posted:

Ha, a guy in my league has that same name, I told everyone it was the best name in the league, he doesn't have T-Mobile though, so your name is better!

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

MrSargent posted:

You really need WR help so on the surface this looks like a good trade. Megatron has two brutal weeks ahead against Seattle and then Arizona, but after that, their schedule is pretty nice the rest of the year. I really want no part of the Chip Kelly RB Committee even after Mathews had a great week. When DeMarco gets back, he will at best split carries with the other RB's. Honestly, I don't like that you have to give up your best WR in this deal. I would try to counter with Foster for Megatron straight up.

Edit: On second thought, you are definitely giving up too much to get Megatron. Your 2nd best RB who could be top 5 and your best WR is too much. You need to keep Decker.

I don't disagree with your conclusion but did you miss that I also have Edelman? Or is Decker > Edelman to you?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
T-mobile has to be my new favorite football nickname, holy poo poo!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

SeannieDarko posted:

Nice one I went with Good Receptions with Tmobile

ID129
Jul 9, 2007
I play 0.5 PPR, my team looks like this:

QB: Russel Wilson
RB: Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Jeremy Hill, Shane Vereen, Alfred Blue
WR: Antonio Brown, Stevie Johnson, Golden Tate, Anquan Boldin, Terrance Williams, Leonard Hankerson
TE: Heath Miller

with no K or D/ST rostered right now and an empty IR spot. I'm thinking of trying to grab Lance Dunbar off the waiver wire and don't know whether to drop Vereen, Williams or Hankerson. Please help rate the trade I just made and the two proposals I am thinking of sending out:

Trade: Jeremy Hill, Get: Devonta Freeman, Jordan Reed

Proposal 1: Give: Antonio Brown, Lamar Miller Get: Eddie Lacy, Amari Cooper
Proposal 2: Give Antonio Brown, Russel Wilson, Lamar Miller, Get: Aaron Rodgers, Keenan Allen, Mark Ingram

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I don't disagree with your conclusion but did you miss that I also have Edelman? Or is Decker > Edelman to you?

I completely missed you have Edelman because he was on your bench, my bad. That makes it slightly more favorable for you but I still think value-wise, you are losing the trade. Decker would be a better flex over Miller (Or the Mathews you would acquire).

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

If Luck's out this week I'm starting Bort with confidence, I can't even comprehend a worse football team than the Matt Hasselbeck Colts

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Give: AB, Ryan Mathews
Get: Forte, Dion Lewis
Standard scoring. It leaves me with Julio, Brandin Cooks and VJax as my WRs, but I feel like I need the RB help (CJ, Gio, Ivory, Hillman, Gurley). Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

ID129 posted:

I play 0.5 PPR, my team looks like this:

QB: Russel Wilson
RB: Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Jeremy Hill, Shane Vereen, Alfred Blue
WR: Antonio Brown, Stevie Johnson, Golden Tate, Anquan Boldin, Terrance Williams, Leonard Hankerson
TE: Heath Miller

with no K or D/ST rostered right now and an empty IR spot. I'm thinking of trying to grab Lance Dunbar off the waiver wire and don't know whether to drop Vereen, Williams or Hankerson. Please help rate the trade I just made and the two proposals I am thinking of sending out:

Trade: Jeremy Hill, Get: Devonta Freeman, Jordan Reed

Proposal 1: Give: Antonio Brown, Lamar Miller Get: Eddie Lacy, Amari Cooper
Proposal 2: Give Antonio Brown, Russel Wilson, Lamar Miller, Get: Aaron Rodgers, Keenan Allen, Mark Ingram

I don't really like the Hill trade. Hill has gotten off to a bad start but I can't see him doing that bad all season. I think Freeman loses touches as soon as Coleman comes back and you don't need a 2nd TE. I think you were a victim of selling low on Hill and buying high on Freeman.

Of the two other trades, I like the first one the most. Eddie Lacy will be a top 10 back and probably top 5 in that offense and Amari looks to be a legit WR1. Even then, I would hate to part with Antonio Brown in Half PPR, even with Ben out. I don't like the other trade much at all.

• Locked thread