Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Oh now I get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Karate Bastard posted:

Mom and dad not paying you sufficient attention? Try lighting small fires around the house and they'll stop ignoring you and the fact that you are ruining their life in no time! #LifeHack

I did that when I was a little kid. Not for attention, just revelling in the power a bic lighter appears to be, to a 5 year old. You know that cotton webbing they used to put on the bottom of box springs? Suuuuuuper flammable.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I actually kinda like this one. It's no waffle iron, of course.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

I actually kinda like this one. It's no waffle iron, of course.

Too simple and commonsensical to be a proper lifehack.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I've seen "put your keys in a bowl or on a hook near your door so you don't lose them" touted as a genuine LifeHack enough to have an instinctual eye roll reaction to that. Throw in Lego for extra shareability.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You guy's didn't fold up foiled gum paper into a Y and shove it in sockets in school? Man, a bunch of wasted childhoods here.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Plinkey posted:

You guy's didn't fold up foiled gum paper into a Y and shove it in sockets in school? Man, a bunch of wasted childhoods here.

Do tell. GFCI kid here.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

amityville anus posted:

Do tell. GFCI kid here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN8t-IVpIxI

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Song For The Deaf posted:

I've seen "put your keys in a bowl or on a hook near your door so you don't lose them" touted as a genuine LifeHack enough to have an instinctual eye roll reaction to that. Throw in Lego for extra shareability.

Goddammit. How is going to the store to purchase a wall-mounted keyhook, a product that has existed for decades and comes in a million different styles so it can compliment your decor, a lifehack?

LIFEHACK - use dishes to contain food while you eat! Watch your TV for entertainment! poo poo in your toilet to prevent staining your rug! WALLA! #HACKEDASFUCK

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

Goddammit. How is going to the store to purchase a wall-mounted keyhook, a product that has existed for decades and comes in a million different styles so it can compliment your decor, a lifehack?

LIFEHACK - use dishes to contain food while you eat! Watch your TV for entertainment! poo poo in your toilet to prevent staining your rug! WALLA! #HACKEDASFUCK

Leave your keys in the door overnight and just grab them on the way out the next morning! #LIFEHACK

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I made a keyholder out of a network jack and made a keychain out of a rj45 plug. It's stupid, yet nerdy and functional all the while costing more than a keyhook.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I bought a cheap key hook rack and wrote that quote from Zelda on it with a paint pen.

"it's too dangerous to go alone take this"

I think it's cool.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Wrong thread, dude. This one's for stupid life hacks.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Lego keyhook does complement my decor :colbert:

I wouldn't trust a single stud to hold that keyring for very long, though.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

You have to make sure you use the Kragle on it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

flosofl posted:

You have to make sure you use the Kragle on it.

No! NOT THE KRAGLE!

(It would look nice with my sofa and bedroom furniture. My IRL name is Zak, BTW.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Some people have a Lego USB stick key chain which would make something like this pretty handy I guess :shrug: (Only without the terrible Lego writing.)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I made a keyholder out of a network jack and made a keychain out of a rj45 plug. It's stupid, yet nerdy and functional all the while costing more than a keyhook.

Put this on Kickstarter and reap the rewards

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009

Plinkey posted:

When I was in 8th grade, everyone was doing this. I was telling my doctor about it, and I don't remember why, but he wanted to see it. I showed him, and flipped the breaker switch for his entire office wing.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
this

loving THIS

MAKE YOUR TEACUPS INTO WINE GLASSES

BECAUSE IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO DRINK WINE OUT OF THEM BEFORE

BUT PUT A STEM ON IT AND IT'S loving MAGIC BSEJCGBWRTGVHQ37CTFDGRGYY!!!!!

YOU ARE JUST ADDING STEPS TO THE WINE-DRINKING PROCESS AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-diy-teacup-wineglasses-86135 YOU ARE BAD AND STUPID

EDIT: WHERE AM I EVEN SUPPOSED TO loving HOLD THIS?!?!??!?!?!?!?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hold its leg, stick finger out sideways.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
There's plenty of things wrong with drinking wine out of teacups, before you even get to adding stems to them.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think the blue block has a hole through it and is attached to the keyring, so it's actually got two studs. And you just stick the keys anywhere on the thingy, and get more hole-blocks to stick on extra keys, making it an expandable storage solution.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I just want to share this solution I invented for hanging my hats from their velcro closures.

It's hard to keep the hangar level and it annoys me

Remove the cardboard support on the bottom of the hangar

Center the hangar on the doorknob

And pull like so

And now your hangar will stay centered on the doorknob

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tried to hang it on doorknob?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Tried to hang it on doorknob?

Well, that's not very life-hacky now is it?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

You need to remove the planes from the hangar before you can put anything in it though.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's some good life hacking gj hf.

e: speaking of, use hf to bleach your teeth sparkly white! Strong bones and calcium will come to you like comment and subscribe #LifeHack

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:57 on Oct 1, 2015

Felonious_Monk
Oct 26, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

That's some good life hacking gj hf.

e: speaking of, use hf to bleach your teeth sparkly white! Strong bones and calcium will come to you like comment and subscribe #LifeHack

thank mr meltal

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Elfface posted:

I think the blue block has a hole through it and is attached to the keyring, so it's actually got two studs. And you just stick the keys anywhere on the thingy, and get more hole-blocks to stick on extra keys, making it an expandable storage solution.
Knew there was something off about the way I saw it. :doh:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All my hangers are wood or plastic though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Then again I have no hats with velcro closures so I guess I'm good :shrug:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I got you fam #Hacked

e: hacking so hard I forgot to h

e2: Click for gargantuan size stapler. Do it. Click that poo poo.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Oct 2, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hacked my monitor too.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I just picked up this magazine in Kyoto:

There used to be a perfectly acceptable native Japanese term for this stuff (urawaza, which is also used for video game cheats and tricks; I already have at least one urawaza book from several years back), but no.

I'll let the thread know if I find anything particularly egregious.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

In Finland we have this decades-old (since 1974) life hack tradition of Niksi-Pirkka. There's only one restriction: all the niksit must utilize old pantyhose.

You can make rhythm eggs out of the plastic shells inside chocolate eggs by filling them with macaroni, rice, or sugar. You can also make a sound-based game of Concentration this way. [:confused:]

Make holes in the plastic shells from chocolate eggs, put felting wool inside them, and chuck them in the washer. You get felt beads!

You can crush pepper with a garlic press. [I have a pepper mill but no garlic press. who the gently caress has a garlic press?]

Stack two plates on top of each other when heating food in the micro. The lower one only warms up a little so you won't burn your fingers.

Solution for mountain of dirty dishes: I discarded most of the dishes. Now I have to do dishes more often, but less at a time. [:vince:]

Glasses that taper downwards fit into the cupboard more easily when you place them alternatively upright and upside-down. [or, you know, you could stack them like you're supposed to since that's why they taper]

I unscrewed and saved the stand bracket from an old ironing board. I got a fine [sic] and sturdy four-hook horizontal coat hook.

An old telephone catalogue is a handy base for gluing. Just turn a new page after every gluing.

The backs of stud earrings often get lost. You can make a handy replacement by slicing a bit off the eraser on a pencil.

Necklace in a knot? Put some baby oil on the knot, give it a moment, and open the knot with a pin.

Bend a black drinking straw behind your ear, so that you can babble to yourself as much as you want. Everyone thinks you're talking into a cell phone ear piece. No more embarrassment.

The millions of dust particles floating about, revealed by the Spring sun, are just a matter of attitude:
- How wonderful, the house is full of faerie dust, remarked four-year-old Frida.

Try out the effect of a smile on your surroundings for a week or even for a day. It's incredible how much good cheer you can accomplish by curling your facial muscles! [I don't think that's how muscles work. Also, :barf:]

P.S. This must be fake since no old pantyhose were used :(

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
PYF Stupid Life Hacks - Now you can babble to yourself as much as you want

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo