Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Fat Lowtax posted:

If Luck's out this week I'm starting Bort with confidence, I can't even comprehend a worse football team than the Matt Hasselbeck Colts

Had to pick up Carr on this news, I already saw it, but you reminded me. This is in my GOON league and now 7/12 teams have 2 QB's, granted some are due to byes and injuries, but I had to take him now because otherwise I was going to be stuck with Bortles or worse. Dropped Cook, my second TE, so guess I can't say much, but had him to start over Daniels, but probably should have dropped Daniels instead, oh well.

e; was hoping to pick up T-Mobile but he is starting over Stafford now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

cheese posted:

Give: AB, Ryan Mathews
Get: Forte, Dion Lewis
Standard scoring. It leaves me with Julio, Brandin Cooks and VJax as my WRs, but I feel like I need the RB help (CJ, Gio, Ivory, Hillman, Gurley). Thoughts?

I don't think the deal composition is quite what you need. Going from AB to Brandin Cooks in your WR2 slot is a HUGE dropoff. I think you are better off than you think at RB and should stand pat for at least another couple weeks. Having AB/Julio at your WR slot is unbelievable even in standard. I would be trying to target an RB1 and a solid WR that could start every week over Cooks.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
Anyone who watches Baltimore know if there's any chance of Taliaferro taking Forsetts job if he continues to suck? I'm thinking of dropping Zo to grab Carr for the week (I have tannehill now). I'm obviously never playing Zo unless he takes the job through injury or competence.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

MrSargent posted:

I don't think the deal composition is quite what you need. Going from AB to Brandin Cooks in your WR2 slot is a HUGE dropoff. I think you are better off than you think at RB and should stand pat for at least another couple weeks. Having AB/Julio at your WR slot is unbelievable even in standard. I would be trying to target an RB1 and a solid WR that could start every week over Cooks.
Fair enough, thanks.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
If Luck is out this week my FA options will be...

Vick (nvm, thursday game), Mallet, Foles, Bortles, Fitzmagic, Weeden, Teddy
:shepicide:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

gingerberger posted:

Anyone who watches Baltimore know if there's any chance of Taliaferro taking Forsetts job if he continues to suck? I'm thinking of dropping Zo to grab Carr for the week (I have tannehill now). I'm obviously never playing Zo unless he takes the job through injury or competence.

Zo vultured a touchdown in week 2 but he's been hurt all season. It's unlikely that he overtakes Forsett in the next couple weeks. To overtake Forsett based on playing well I imagine Zo would need to be off the injury report and start performing really well. Zo is a more intriguing back than Forsett. He's got better size and good speed. But for now I don't think there's any concern of Zo taking over unless Forsett is injured.

The risk you run in dropping Zo is mostly that Forsett gets hurt this week or that Zo lights up the fantasy scoreboard by vulturing multiple touchdowns. Both of those things are not impossible so weigh that against the value of keeping Tannehill.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Hope you didn't drop CMike yet.

https://twitter.com/sportssturm/status/649381452006604800

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm holding and hoping and praying.

A RB Corp of Hill, Ivory, Doug Martin is killing me atm.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Roethlisberger owners (like me): I did a quick calculation. If he is out for 6 weeks, that has him returning for week 10. His bye is week 11. After that, he plays Seattle, Denver, and some other decent secondaries.

Does anyone think this is worth it? I would almost rather him take a spot on someone else's bench.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

quote:

Bob Sturm
Bob Sturm – Verified account ‏@SportsSturm

Lots of signs that we are quickly approaching C-Mike time. Like Sunday quick.

quote:

Randy Long
29m29 minutes ago
Randy Long ‏@rlong10
@SportsSturm why, can he player QB?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Is all Christine Michael supposed to be a superweapon? All the news around him is so cryptic :iiam:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Quick, who should be my RB1? Sims or Michael?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

Quick, who should be my RB1? Sims or Michael?

Go for broke, RB1/2 and never lose again

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh hello Todd Gurley what are you doing on the waiver wire.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh hello Todd Gurley what are you doing on the waiver wire.

I'm really banking on him becoming the undisputed lead back over the next couple weeks. My RB group needs all of the help it can get.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 1, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

For some reason I read that as "Rodgers for Fitzpatrick" and spent a good minute trying to figure out what I was missing there that would make that remotely feasible.

Back when Fitzpatrick started for the Bills, the stuggle was real for me not to confuse the two.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Got an interesting offer... (Non-ppr)

GIVE:
Ingram
Gore
Randle

GET:
Lacy
McCoy
Stevie Johnson

My current team:

QB- Brady
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Julio Jones
RB- Ingram
RB- Gore
TE- Kelce
FLEX- Randle
B- Spiller
B- McFadden
B- DeSean Jackson
B- CJ2K
B- Lafell
B- Flacco (Picked up to cover Brady's bye)

I'm currently 3-0 and the best team in the league by far (I'm honestly still amazed I drafted this team). I'd basically be replacing Ingram and Gore with Lacy and McCoy, and then plugging in one of my bench players to cover the flex in place of Randle. I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger.

Thoughts?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I wouldn't do it.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Would any of you trade any of the following WR's for Doug Martin in a 12 team 0.5 PPR keeper league?

Starters:
Mike Evans (obviously not)
Allen Robinson
Jarvis Landry

Current Flex:
Percy Harvin

The other party is pretty thin at WR after losing Dez and my current RBs are Forsett, Dunbar, Ellington, David Johnson and Khiry Robinson

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I wouldn't do it.

Would you do Ingram and Gore for Lacy? Any ideas on a counter offer?

His team:
Manning/Palmer
OBD/Green/Cobb/Williams/Johnson/Wright
Lacy/McCoy/Jones/Crowell
Olsen

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

Would any of you trade any of the following WR's for Doug Martin in a 12 team 0.5 PPR keeper league?

Mike Evans (obviously not)
Allen Robinson
Percy Harvin
Jarvis Landry

The other party is pretty thin at WR after losing Dez and my current RBs are Forsett, Dunbar, Ellington, David Johnson and Khiry Robinson

gently caress no, not even Harvin

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

I'd probably be willing to trade Percy for Martin if I was hurting at RB, but definitely not any of the others.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Would you trade Emmanuel Sanders & Andre Ellington for Calvin Johnson? Ellington isn't gonna see my starting lineup.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

old dog child posted:

Is all Christine Michael supposed to be a superweapon? All the news around him is so cryptic :iiam:

He is the Final Boss.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

What's the upside here? I never followed him in SEA, does he have the size/quickness to ever completely replace randle, or is best value case an ongoing share in a 3/4-way rbbc?

Worth dropping dunbar for? No ppr, so dunbar is just a stable/low-end insurance policy if both forsett and CJA continue to suck :cry:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I dropped CMike for Dunbar.

And CMike has a lot of talent but he fumbles a lot and apparently has pretty low football IQ. Or at least that's the reports I read when he was traded.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Would you trade Emmanuel Sanders & Andre Ellington for Calvin Johnson? Ellington isn't gonna see my starting lineup.

Nah, Sanders is pretty close to Calvin this year IMO, enough that I might prefer Sanders straight up. Definitely smaller difference between them than Ellington. Even if you don't need him, wait til Ellington is back and has a decent game, there should be plenty of others needing a startable RB after drafting CJ, Hill, Lynch, Forsett, McCoy, etc etc.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

I dropped CMike for Dunbar.

And CMike has a lot of talent but he fumbles a lot and apparently has pretty low football IQ. Or at least that's the reports I read when he was traded.

And couldn't beat out Turbin.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

89 posted:

Megatron is better than Sanders, and I don't like Ellington too much (too many mouths in AZ), but I think this trade is just a little too tilted in favor of Megatron's owner. If there was some decent bench guy thrown in with upside it would probably be worth it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Would you drop david johnson to take a chance on cmike if you have no actually need at rb?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I don't particularly get the CMike hype. If anything, him getting first team reps just means all of the Dallas backs are worthless aside from Dunbar since he's essentially becoming a dump-off receiver.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Azhais posted:

Would you drop david johnson to take a chance on cmike if you have no actually need at rb?

I hesitated using an empty roster spot on him

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Christine Michael is available, should I drop Duke, Boldin, Stevie, Spiller or K Davis for him in a full PPR league? Maybe even Morris, but I figure I can flip him for something, and am not that desperate yet.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
No

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am high on CMIKE because someone played beer pong with Randle and Randle said he was tanking, OK, don't judge me!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
CMike or Rawls?

No need for either of them but I have the room.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
People sure love forgetting that Christine Michael was hyped for 2 years in Seattle and only saw 20-30 touches a year, and couldn't even come close to supplanting Robert Turbin.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

People sure love forgetting that Christine Michael was hyped for 2 years in Seattle and only saw 20-30 touches a year, and couldn't even come close to supplanting Robert Turbin.

Forsett was a special teams nobod for ten years. Chris Johnson and LaGarette Blount were both over the hill bums with no juice. Arian Foster went undrafted, while Trent Richardson went for a first round pick not once, but twice.

Running backs are voodoo.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
How early should I start looking at LaFell for a stash if at all? Seems like the supposed number 1 receiver on a pass first team that's paying really well should at least be worth thinking about.

I'm in a 10 team league so can probably afford to wait a little longer than a deeper league, naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
LaFell is going to be behind Gronk and Edelman when he gets back. I don't see him as the #1 or even the #2. I would worry about getting through the first few byes first.

• Locked thread