Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thejacob
Feb 13, 2014
Xamel looks like a giant turd with a cannon strapped to the back of it.

Feels like a good time to pick the game up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
So if the EFSF get the Gundam Mk. II, and Zeon gets the Marasai, I guess that means the EFSF is AEUG and Zeon is the Titans? I don't want to be Titans.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

Hornet posted:

So if the EFSF get the Gundam Mk. II, and Zeon gets the Marasai, I guess that means the EFSF is AEUG and Zeon is the Titans? I don't want to be Titans.

New DX volume preview is out

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
Silver Xamel gets the Gold Mudrock weapon suck it feddy scum

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Who was it that said we wouldn't get the xamel? cause Booyah the ugly bug is here.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Hornet posted:

Of course Zeon turns into the faction that was created to hunt down Zeon remenants. It only makes sense.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
AT least we'll get the hambrabis!

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Who was it that said we wouldn't get the xamel? cause Booyah the ugly bug is here.

I said we better not get the Xamel because it's a barn door on hoverjets.

Al Borland posted:

AT least we'll get the hambrabis!

The marasai is a sleeve suit so who knows if we are getting titan poo poo, also the hambrabi doesn't really get anything unique anymore since the marasai got it's sea serpent.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
I got a gold Xamel because I wanted to see how far its L2 cannon could really shoot and this thing is a big let down, but it can still be used on "certain" maps to hit bases and that xtra chip damage could be deciding factor in winning the game but on "some " maps with open bases requires you to have the enemy pushed so far back that it makes this weapon seem practically impossible to pull off like the doans island map which in that case u were prolly gonna win the game anyways if thats even happening,

there is a spot or 2 where u can hit the whitebase using spawn beacons on the doans island map
the range on the L2 looks to be about 4 to at best maybe 4 1/2 squares on long on the minimap depending on where u fire from

overall its a lovely weapon that will hardly ever see use. there really is no reason what so ever to get a gold version of the xamel

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 6, 2015

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

L2 not worth hunting the gold print
So whats the optimal loadout?

anti-anti-arty, 680mm howitzer type, and 680mm shelling gun? Seems like the kind of suit that doesn't want to get into direct confrontations if possible.

E:Just realized the range of the howitzer/shelling guns on this thing are less than the zaku tank/gigan/makkaku by as much as 30%... :negative:

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Oct 7, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

anti-anti-arty, 680mm howitzer type, and 680mm shelling gun? Seems like the kind of suit that doesn't want to get into direct confrontations if possible.

E:Just realized the range of the howitzer/shelling guns on this thing are less than the zaku tank/gigan/makkaku by as much as 30%... :negative:

Well they had to give up something by making it super big!

Clearly that would be the usefulness of the suit.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

Well they had to give up something by making it super big!

Clearly that would be the usefulness of the suit.

:laugh:
Clearly the gold print should have gotten the sumo push, then it will be redeemed and take its place up there with great suits such as the zock

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

I would suppose the one of the mortar options, what ever you are comfortable with it does get a 1100 damage type F mortar option, as well as the 2000 damage mortar shell that ignores anti-artillery which is a gold exclusive on the mudrock, the problem though with the 2000 damage mortar shell is u have to be soooooooooo close to the enemy team thank god mine is at least the extra range trait
xamel on the co-op map can't even hide in between the ridges on the map! I guess your big rear end cannon counts as a hit box too.

I had no idea it had that much less range? that makes no sense why does this 340 cost Slug have so many downsides to it?

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 8, 2015

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
just thought I'd let anyone know. that ps4 gundam game GBON has an event going where by just playing you get parts to build and unlock the hambrabi and zeta gundam http://bon.ggame.jp/jp/information/?p=592

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So i know our Unit 4 version was in the silver boxes before the change over.

I can't seem to find it though on the buy units for money thing they have now. Is it gone?

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

So i know our Unit 4 version was in the silver boxes before the change over.

I can't seem to find it though on the buy units for money thing they have now. Is it gone?

It is still a DX only suit and never stopped being a DX only suit so far.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Deep thoughts on most recent DX suits:

Semi-Striker: awful, melee oriented but doesn't get combat Custom, doesn't even get beam spray gun from what I can see

Gundam mk II: totally worth cost, one of the most ridiculous instant swap weapon combos in the game on an assault package with high speed (long range shotgun + Bazooka)

Xamel: trash, but it can at least hide behind walls and drop things on people's head, I guess?

Marasai: very solid suit, has fantastic mid-long range skirmish abilities, close combat I have heard is kinda meh and the sea serpent is hard to land a solid convincing hit with and is very much a close range weapon, gold print weapon is the feyadeen rifle with a scope on it, fantastic for sitting out of the range of CBRs and plinking at heavies

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I know nothing about the new DX suits since I'm still chasing after a silver tetra. About 45 tickets in, still not one. I do have a gold char gelgoog though! (it sucks without a bazooka F)

Also, always second fiddle :qq: :

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
So what exactly is this Haro Halloween thing? Do we just get Halloween themed Haros from playing games, and then use them to buy hats?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Hornet posted:

So what exactly is this Haro Halloween thing? Do we just get Halloween themed Haros from playing games, and then use them to buy hats?

Yup, that looks right. Big whoop.

In other news, I've landed in silver for the last two weeks and the games have been the easiest games of my life. Been ranking in the top 3 places for almost every game.

Also I found out you can knockdown people in mid-melee:

Saddest rank 3 feddie ever :saddowns:

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

Yup, that looks right. Big whoop.

In other news, I've landed in silver for the last two weeks and the games have been the easiest games of my life. Been ranking in the top 3 places for almost every game.

Also I found out you can knockdown people in mid-melee:

Saddest rank 3 feddie ever :saddowns:

Yeah, there's a counter-punch mechanic against boost melee that was added in the latter half of UC83. Basically any suit that is performing a boost attack has the same balance potential as if they were in the air, you would have knocked down that mk2 if he was stupid enough to jump near you as well.

Also running around with a saber instead of the bazooka shotgun as the mk2... :laugh:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
any new suits in the silver BC? Also any new DX on the way?

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Next DX is next week, Gallus J and Hizack EWACs for us, and Galbady B, Hizack EWACs for the feds.

Also they added a few new weapons for some suits, Acguy gets a toddler arm flail melee and the coolest crouch in the game.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

New DX

Zeon: Rozen Zulu and Zzsa
EF: Rizer C and Nemo

I wish it was this instead :negative:

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

I wish it was this instead :negative:

Nah, that's DX 33, 6 DX away man, tons of time to wait for that stuff.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Yeah, there's a counter-punch mechanic against boost melee that was added in the latter half of UC83. Basically any suit that is performing a boost attack has the same balance potential as if they were in the air, you would have knocked down that mk2 if he was stupid enough to jump near you as well.

Also running around with a saber instead of the bazooka shotgun as the mk2... :laugh:

That owns. Actually now that you mention it, i do remember randomly knocking down gundam pixies with bazooka shots while flying around in my kampfer. Didn't think much of it at the time.

Speaking of which, after playing with two kampfers in my deck for a while (soon to be 3.. suit level is around 16) i don't even know if a tetra will be an upgrade for me. Well i'm still going to throw all my free dx tickets at it but i'm kinda more looking forward to the third kampfer now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Also I just looked this up. What the hell, bazooka into super strong shotgun with no switch time?

Anyway it looks like you can get DX tix (up to 2) and other stuff with the halloween haros, not just hats. This is good for me because I am space poor. Especially the deck cost expansion tickets, I ran out with my last boost.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Trailer

EF gets Galbady beta, all purpose assault and Issac, a support.
Zeon gets Gallus J, charged beam heavy with insta switch explosives (I would be all over this if I weren't play act sniper...) and also the Issac.

The Issac can send a recon drone commander style to distant points on the map (Within range of the suit, shelling style), gold print only.

Schools been kicking my rear end lately, haven't had much time to play... I'll pass on this DX, I don't think its horrible but its not quite what I'm looking for.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I just got like a 30 killstreak in a rental tetra, and 50 DX tickets in still can't roll even a single silver :qq:

Isaac looks sweet. Anything that helps me get more kills.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
Haven't played in quite some time, thought I'd get back into it. Played a few games, but the teams kept losing although I was at least within the top 20 at all times - come maintenance, and suddenly I've been dropped fro Gold down to Bronze? It feels like the new promotion/demotion system is more likely to hurt people totally new to the game, because all of a sudden there'd be people with full loadouts running around (like I am doing right now).

Yes, I'm rather disappointed because I didn't think a 14:16 W:L ratio would drop me that far, I thought I'd still be silver at least.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Karistar posted:

Haven't played in quite some time, thought I'd get back into it. Played a few games, but the teams kept losing although I was at least within the top 20 at all times - come maintenance, and suddenly I've been dropped fro Gold down to Bronze? It feels like the new promotion/demotion system is more likely to hurt people totally new to the game, because all of a sudden there'd be people with full loadouts running around (like I am doing right now).

Yes, I'm rather disappointed because I didn't think a 14:16 W:L ratio would drop me that far, I thought I'd still be silver at least.

The whole system is depressing.

I haven't played in 4 weeks because of how mediocre everything feels right now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Same. Boat and I both gave up for a variety of reasons but that was one.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
Rank is being changed from weekly to every 7 games

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

Rank is being changed from weekly to every 7 games

Sounds like the old system, which certainly had its share of flaws but can't be worse than what we have now :laugh:

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Sounds like the old system, which certainly had its share of flaws but can't be worse than what we have now :laugh:

Noooo.. I've had more 1st place finishes in the past few months than ever before.. but I suppose all good things must come to an end :v:

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Stayed up super late to play the tournament and won.

Team 42 never forget

Prize was DX and Master tickets, not bad... scored well but none of those games count towards leaderboard or promotion :negative:

Got lucky with a good team that had competent radar and defense, each match took 20 minutes as we grinded down the other team. Ran 3 act snipers and 1 assault then just played my normal K:D game to tip the gauge in our favor.

Tourney starts 3AM PST... tired as hell don't think I'd stay up so late again for this

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Continuing with lazy as gently caress updates both sides share a suit, we finally get the geara zulu, they get the Jegan. The hizack's seem like they'll get a mk2 shotgun type of weapon, could be interesting but since they're all 320 cost I don't have any hopes for them.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Unusual posted:

Continuing with lazy as gently caress updates both sides share a suit, we finally get the geara zulu, they get the Jegan. The hizack's seem like they'll get a mk2 shotgun type of weapon, could be interesting but since they're all 320 cost I don't have any hopes for them.

Probably wouldn't spend DX on them myself, but both sides assaults have the same gimmick, high hp shield, shield mounted weapons, and free shield that can't be destroyed completely module. Both snipers get a aoe medium range beam. I might spend DX for the sniper just to play around with a new beam gun.

E: Pictures
Jegan A2

EF Hi-Zack

Geara Doga

Zeon Hi-Zack

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
There was a tournament?

Also depressing to see lazy as gently caress updates.

• Locked thread