Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

there is absolutely no reason to use windows 10 over 7 except "poweshell stuff" and they copied expose after ten fuckin years of it existing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

that statement seems a little intellectually dishonest

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Amethyst posted:

what os do you use then

windows 10.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

pram posted:

that statement seems a little intellectually dishonest

maybe he meant l'ol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Phoenixan posted:

i dunno

i replaced windows 10 with opensuse on that lenovo i originally used on win 10 launch day, and now it doesn't feel like its going to melt into a puddle and the touchpad is back to somewhat usable rather than mostly unusable

windows 10 is literally worse than a linux

god imagine having to use a thinkpad. which is already torture. and then installing loving opensuse on it

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

pram posted:

god imagine having to use a thinkpad. which is already torture. and then installing loving opensuse on it

Try using a thinkpad in a dock where every other reboot the keyboard and mouse do not work.

:argh:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
'dock' it with the trash

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

pram posted:

i'm loving astounded anyone likes suse, ever

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its a european thing i guess *shrug*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
win10 ftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
epic frames on the fragmans pwniaj game. :thurman:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

theultimo posted:

Try using a thinkpad in a dock where every other reboot the keyboard and mouse do not work.

:argh:

mine bluescreened today at work

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
the ring is cortana's butt hole c/d???

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Athletic Footjob posted:

cccccc

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Athletic Footjob posted:

i thought it was her... :blush: hoohah

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Wheany posted:

i thought it was her... :blush: hoohah

vaginas aren't circular

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

uncurable mlady posted:

vaginas aren't circular

maybe in person they are? i wouldn't know

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Phobeste posted:

maybe in person they are? i wouldn't know

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

uncurable mlady posted:

vaginas aren't circular

i remember seeing some book in the college library where a guy was saying that penises should go in butts and not vaginas, because the shapes match up

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

prefect posted:

i remember seeing some book in the college library where a guy was saying that penises should go in butts and not vaginas, because the shapes match up

you plagiarist hypocrite louie

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

uncurable mlady posted:

vaginas aren't circular

oh man ive made a terrible mistake

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

that michael should really get a job writing up the press releases for when microsoft shuts down products and divisions, he's more upbeat and doesnt dwell on negative things like broken functionality like ms would when running away from a failure

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Oh and
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/10/i-am-calling-you-from-windows-a-tech-support-scammer-dials-ars-technica/

I wish I got a call from these scammers, I would love for them to try to make a VPN tunnel connection to dod ip addressees

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

theultimo posted:

Oh and
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/10/i-am-calling-you-from-windows-a-tech-support-scammer-dials-ars-technica/

I wish I got a call from these scammers, I would love for them to try to make a VPN tunnel connection to dod ip addressees

supposedly hillary got an email like this i think

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ublock came out just in time

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

i'm glad i switched to ublock origin yesterday with no particular reason to do it at the time

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

ublock came out just in time

adblock plus has had "acceptable ads" for several years now. they've been taking money from advertisers for just slightly less time than that

i don't know why people are only noticing this now, or why anyone cares

there is a highly visible checkbox that says "gently caress your acceptable ads block everything" and it does what it says

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
In the fine print is the best, he's selling it to the ad services

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

adblock plus has had "acceptable ads" for several years now. they've been taking money from advertisers for just slightly less time than that

i don't know why people are only noticing this now, or why anyone cares

there is a highly visible checkbox that says "gently caress your acceptable ads block everything" and it does what it says

adblock is totally different from adblock plus for reasons

theultimo posted:

In the fine print is the best, he's selling it to the ad services

also this

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

"Windows 10 Xbox One"

http://www.icxm.net/x/xbox-os-fastest-UI.html

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yay cloud

quote:

Microsoft's Xbox chief Phil Spencer acknowledged a major annoyance that's plagued the Xbox One game console since launch. Responding to The Verge's Tom Warren today on Twitter, Spencer said the Xbox One needs to be able to separate the Xbox Live online gaming network from the rest of the device's media features.

Because the Xbox One's online feature set is tied to the Xbox Live network, the not-so-uncommon Xbox Live outage brings the entire console offline. That means that while you may be able to stream Netflix on your phone or laptop, your Xbox One has to wait for Microsoft to bring the Live system — mostly designed to let you play online multiplayer games — back online before the console can be used to stream video or surf YouTube. It's not an ideal situation for owners of the Xbox One who use the console as the entertainment hub of their living room.

quote:

@tomwarren I think you are right. The dependencies between the services needs to be minimized.
— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) October 1, 2015
While Spencer didn't elaborate on any concrete fixes, his transparent response shows Microsoft is aware of the problem and may address it down the line.
I guess the verge's advertorial contract with microsoft specifies use of terms like "transparent"

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
lol I had no idea you couldn't even use Netflix when live was down, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

lol I had no idea you couldn't even use Netflix when live was down, holy poo poo

I so wish they'd gone through with the original always-online plan

• Locked thread