Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Hubis posted:

all taxation is theft, so sue didn't get any money from the government she just got robbed less thanks to the tax credit

:dealwithit:

Yeah this is pretty much the reasoning used to justify this position. I didn't take a dime from the Government, because they still took money from me!

You could make a stronger argument having Sue use public roads, firefighters, police, etc. but of course then they would just bark about how all of those things would be privatized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Did anything actually happen to justify all these "Putin dunks on Obama" type cartoons? Like, literally anything?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Did anything actually happen to justify all these "Putin dunks on Obama" type cartoons? Like, literally anything?

"pee-pee doo-doo Obummer weak and bad president *really big,disgusting fart*"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

In this instance Obama can obviously be seen to be:

[x] Gay
[x] Sissy Boy
[ ]Muslim
[ ]Communist
[ ]Hitler
[ ]Street Thug
[ ]Tax And Spend Liberal
[ ]The Antichrist
[x]Incompetent
[ ]Ivory Tower Elitist
[ ]Frighteningly Cunning Political Strategist
[ ]Colmaurgghh The Defiler Of Souls

Like come on you don't even need to think about it! Usually more squares are crossed, though- don't know what's going on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Putin started bombing anti Assad forces in Syria but he said he was bombing ISIS, in the time between him saying that and everyone involved going 'uh what, no dude you blew up places where ISIS wasn't near and all these deaths are anti-Assad dudes' the meme stuck with the right who want to call Obama a big pussy baby weakling.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

I love Rob Smith. Dude is so dumb I'm amazed that he can even grip a pen in his hand.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.

Their son(?) is seriously creeping on the daughter. Also what does this text mean? Is it some terrible Spanish Inquisition "joke"?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Why don't we have someone like this to protect us from the GOP?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mathew 5:38-48

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Boy I sure hate the pope - God - Chris Muir

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Erenthal posted:

I love Rob Smith. Dude is so dumb I'm amazed that he can even grip a pen in his hand.

I still refuse to believe he's not a deep-cover liberal troll. There's just no other explanation.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mt. ORourke posted:

Their son(?) is seriously creeping on the daughter. Also what does this text mean? Is it some terrible Spanish Inquisition "joke"?

The daughter is also the same stock photo of a little girl smelling a flower he's used multiple times in the last month alone.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

This...checks out? :confused: Come on Tinsley, you can do better.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Hillary employs ninjas for security? Would that be the new secret service look if she became president?

I may have to rethink my support of Bernie Sanders if Hil-dog would unleash her shadow warriors when elected.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

KillerJunglist posted:

Hillary employs ninjas for security? Would that be the new secret service look if she became president?

I may have to rethink my support of Bernie Sanders if Hil-dog would unleash her shadow warriors when elected.
It's a bad cartoon because Hillary's secret service ninjas would never let themselves be seen.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That's just how dangerous the GOP terrorist is - he's forced the ninja to show herself. He needs to be killed quickly.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Captain_Maclaine posted:

From time to time new stuff dribbles out. They just did another short back in August.

Try half-a-day ago.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

"It was cool." -Yogi Beavis

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Once again, Smith tries to appeal to the everyman and proves himself to be the dumbest human. "Unlabeled sections? How will anyone find their way around?"

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

I thought the super double secret Pope meeting was a hoax but, son of a bitch, he actually did it. Way to legitimize this piece of poo poo, Francis!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

cram me sideways posted:

I thought the super double secret Pope meeting was a hoax but, son of a bitch, he actually did it. Way to legitimize this piece of poo poo, Francis!
I still don't get how that could happen. How does the Pope even take a poo poo without people knowing beforehand?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still don't get how that could happen. How does the Pope even take a poo poo without people knowing beforehand?

He goes into the woods?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

loquacius posted:

Okay, but say they did have a supermajority and control of both houses and etc etc etc, and were able to just invalidate whatever they wanted by declining to fund it. Is that a power that the Founding Fathers intended Congress to have, or is it a loophole?

If they have a supermajority, why wouldn't they just repeal the law they don't like?

But anyway, I expect the courts would refuse to rule on this and call it a political question. But it doesn't seem like a big deal to me, since we found out last time they pulled this that there is a check on it: PR. If the program you want to kill isn't actually unpopular enough to give you the majorities you need to do it, then refusing to pass a budget and shutting down the entire government to try to get your way just makes you look like a bunch of crybaby assholes even to the saner parts of your own party.

Somfin posted:

Once again, Smith tries to appeal to the everyman and proves himself to be the dumbest human. "Unlabeled sections? How will anyone find their way around?"

It still amazes me that anyone could possibly be assed enough to care about this. Like, you can't figure out whether the Micromachines or the Barbie doll fits which stereotype you want to force on your kid if the aisles don't have huge BOYS or GIRLS signs on them?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

It still amazes me that anyone could possibly be assed enough to care about this. Like, you can't figure out whether the Micromachines or the Barbie doll fits which stereotype you want to force on your kid if the aisles don't have huge BOYS or GIRLS signs on them?

It looks exactly like every toy section you've ever seen in your life. The doll aisle is still plastered in pink, even.

Come to think of it, i don't even recall ever noticing boy/girl labels in toy sections before, probably because they're useless.

These people are loving babies.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wait, I thought the Pope was literally Jesus with a message of peace, love and tolerance so strong it literally vanquished all evil from Boehner's heart and ushered in a thousand years long liberal utopia, but now you're telling me he met with Kim Davis (aka that hick SLUT)??? What is going on?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

If they have a supermajority, why wouldn't they just repeal the law they don't like?

But anyway, I expect the courts would refuse to rule on this and call it a political question. But it doesn't seem like a big deal to me, since we found out last time they pulled this that there is a check on it: PR. If the program you want to kill isn't actually unpopular enough to give you the majorities you need to do it, then refusing to pass a budget and shutting down the entire government to try to get your way just makes you look like a bunch of crybaby assholes even to the saner parts of your own party.

I guess the most relevant example I was thinking of is probably the attempt to defund the FCC's net neutrality ruling because it seems like abuse of budgeting to infringe on the FCC's territory and delegitimize a federal commission; you're right on the other stuff.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

alnilam posted:

You'll recall Smith was the guy who said that the US Post Office should be defunded because his straw everyman put in the wrong zip code on the package and wrote the address upside-down. (Both of which are things the actual post office is basically fine with)

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
The other example of Congress killing things it doesn't like by defunding specific parts of a Federal bureau is the CDC and efforts to research gun-related violence statisitics.

quote:

Obama requested $10 million for the CDC’s gun violence research in his last two budgets. Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) have introduced bills supporting the funding. Both times the Republican-controlled House of Representatives said no. Maloney recently said she planned to reintroduce her bill this year, but she wasn’t hopeful.

So, the CDC is no closer to initiating gun-violence studies.

The roots of the research ban go back to 1996, when the NRA accused the public health agency of lobbying for gun control. That year, a Republican congressman stripped $2.6 million from the CDC budget, the exact amount spent on gun research the previous year. Soon the funding was restored, but designated elsewhere, and wording was inserted into the CDC’s appropriations bill that, “None of the funds made available for injury prevention and control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may be used to advocate or promote gun control.”

The CDC interpreted this to mean it should avoid studying guns in any fashion.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

WitchFetish posted:

Wait, I thought the Pope was literally Jesus with a message of peace, love and tolerance so strong it literally vanquished all evil from Boehner's heart and ushered in a thousand years long liberal utopia, but now you're telling me he met with Kim Davis (aka that hick SLUT)??? What is going on?

The Pope personally wants to start the RaHoWa and genocide all negros because he said people had the right to be conscientious objectors.

Also it means that everything else he has said is suspect and should be ignored. Especially the bits about global warming.

This cartoon was brought to you by Sly Sludge and the Pentex Corporation

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Helen Highwater posted:

The other example of Congress killing things it doesn't like by defunding specific parts of a Federal bureau is the CDC and efforts to research gun-related violence statisitics.

Gun violence? What gun violence? :smug:

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

From 4 pages back, but

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

alnilam posted:

It looks exactly like every toy section you've ever seen in your life. The doll aisle is still plastered in pink, even.

Come to think of it, i don't even recall ever noticing boy/girl labels in toy sections before, probably because they're useless.

When I worked at Toys R Us like 20 years ago, they said they were no longer going to label the one section boys and the other girls. We replaced them with a sign that said action figures and a sign that said dolls. Nothing was moved, nobody who wasn't an rear end in a top hat cared.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

WitchFetish posted:

Literal Jesus actually did meet with at least one hick slut that we know of, so the Pope is still true-to-form.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

The Atlantic is doing one of their week-and-change back-and-forths about the Tea Party's attempt to defund the Export-Import Bank, which is a thing I didn't know about until last week:
http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/all/2015/09/the-defunding-of-the-export-import-bank/406873/

(Make sure you hit "Oldest First")

That guy makes it sound like pure loving lunacy, though, again, I didn't know about that bank until that guy wrote a thing about it.

Ed. Oh, although that's a reauthorization vote as opposed to a blocking of funds as in the CDC example of a few posts up.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

Glad he's not letting the hideous chimp caricature go. Abbot's gift to cartoon art, his mere existence, lives on

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Redeye Flight posted:

Allen West was a US Army colonel who oversaw the beating and mock execution of an Iraqi policeman, in an attempt at information gathering. This qualifies as torture of captives in wartime, hence Noted War Criminal Allen West. As such he was brought up on what would have been a court-martial if he hadn't known it would end badly for him, and accepted a financial penalty and being allowed to retire, AKA racing out the door ahead of the boot.

Because death is certain, he then ran twice for a Florida Congressional seat and won the second time, in 2010. He lasted one term before the hangover wore off and even FLORIDA realized what they'd done, and elected him out (no, actually, only in my dreams. In reality he got redistricted out.) He has put out a book and is a regular Fox News correspondent, because nobody knows more about duty to your country and honor in wartime than a man who beat and tortured a civilian prisoner for information.

Also, when he was being tried for this 95 members of Congress signed a letter in support of him and sent it to the Secretary of the Army.
You left out the best part of the book, which is not Allan West sitting on a star-spangled motorcycle, it's the title:
Guardian of the Republic: An American Ronin's Journey to Faith, Family and Freedom.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

duz posted:

When I worked at Toys R Us like 20 years ago, they said they were no longer going to label the one section boys and the other girls. We replaced them with a sign that said action figures and a sign that said dolls. Nothing was moved, nobody who wasn't an rear end in a top hat cared.

Should have just labelled them all dolls. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Do puppets count as cartooning? Ah who cares, this is too great to not share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BChNIS8HWs

Yeah it's from 2005, but still :allears:

• Locked thread