Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

There's no concrete reason to believe anything is good, ever

Life is nothing, a void... time, without meaning...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Tae posted:

You're right, we should just kill everyone and ourselves because hope is dumb, there's no point

We were all dumb when we were his age. Kids are just naturally dumb shits.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Baal posted:

Because Square made a really good PSP game that was based on Zack, a character who had very little in the way of back story or a third dimension, but whose existence leaves a large impact on FF7. They expanded upon his story in a meaningful way and even though some changes would've been better to not be made (Genesis, the continual canonizing of Dirge of Cerberus, etc.), it did more good than bad and created an actual interesting back story that doesn't feel shoehorned for the most part and natural for the character. It can get pretty hammy and dorky, but at the end of the day that's more of what FF7 needed, not dumb broody poo poo like the other FF7 stuff provided.

If the FFVII remake is as Quality as Crisis Core, I'll be satisfied.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

You're right, we should just kill everyone and ourselves because hope is dumb, there's no point

Life... is fleeting and useless. Soon it will all come to an end.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think and this may be a controversial opinion... That the FF7 remake will be better than Crisis Core MAYBE EVEN... Good.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I want it to be good, and I want it to get a PC port. With my luck, only one of these two will happen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

I think and this may be a controversial opinion... That the FF7 remake will be better than Crisis Core MAYBE EVEN... Good.

One of these things will happen.

The White Dragon posted:

I want it to be good, and I want it to get a PC port. With my luck, only one of these two will happen.

One of these things will happen too.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm in the poor people club of "if it doesn't get a PC port I don't get to play it".

So yeah, a PC port would be great Square. I don't have high hopes for that though.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Raruna posted:

Good, very good. This is exactly what I wanted. Now I just hope they set the motion priority properly so you can animation cancel after an attack has been executed. Also I still want to see Noctis use guns.

Guns for Noctis are still planned, at least. One if the recent video recaps summarizing where various game features are in development talked about the gun aiming feature, with a clip of Noctis guns'brasting.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm in the poor people club of "if it doesn't get a PC port I don't get to play it".

So yeah, a PC port would be great Square. I don't have high hopes for that though.
If you put 5 dollars in the bank today, the interest will compound to the retail price of FF7R and the console its on by the time it releases.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
ff7 remake will come to pc at the same time as lightnign returns

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

corn in the bible posted:

Cloud visiting Don Corneo in a Lightning costume doesn't count!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm excited for the future

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
VII Remake is already announced as coming to PC and Xbone. It's only available "exclusively FIRST" on PS4. We'll get new info in like 2 months apparently.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Speaking of PC ports, FFV is on Steam. Probably the iOS/Android version, though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hosed up if true

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

corn in the bible posted:

No joke Lightning Returns PC port has been pushed back to 2017.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Taint Reaper posted:

:thejoke:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Hope for the best, expect the worst

The Taint Reaper posted:

A lot of people have been asking about Lightning Returns on PC & while we can't confirm a release date, don't worry, it is still coming

A lot of people have been asking about Final Fantasy 15 & while we can't confirm a release date, don't worry, it is still coming

A lot of people have been asking about Final Fantasy 7 Remake & while we can't confirm a release date, don't worry, it is still coming

A lot of people have been asking about a turkey sandwich with bacon and avocado & while we can't confirm a release date, don't worry, it is still coming

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have never eaten an avocado and I have never played Final Fantasy XV

coincidence? I think not

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

epitasis posted:

hosed up if true

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

FF7Remake is going to get cancelled in about 4 years time, then they will announce Chrono Trigger 2 and cancel that 5 years later. square is fueld by nerd tears.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Attitude Indicator posted:

FF7Remake is going to get cancelled in about 4 years time, then they will announce Chrono Trigger 2 and cancel that 5 years later. square is fueld by nerd tears.

I honestly believed this after they made people think they were remaking FF7 only to announce a PS4 port of the original.

Which we still haven't got

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly believed this after they made people think they were remaking FF7 only to announce a PS4 port of the original.

Which we still haven't got

Ugh I forgot that even happened. Word was it was going to be out around this time, too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is the least funny joke ever!!!

Seriously though, I hope it's soon because I want to play it again but not on PS3.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
At the announcement of the FF XV's release date's announcement they'll announce a very important date relating to their other announced project, namely FF VII, and'll announce the the PS4 FF VII's release date, all the while acting coy about how could anyone be confused by the FF VII and FF VIIR.

And then they'll announce Lightning Returns' release version... as a part of FF XIII HD Compilation for PS4.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Return to me in HD on PlayStation 4™ Lightning!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd probably go for a PS4 compilation over LR on PC to be honest. Except that would mean buying FF 13 and -2 for a third time....

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
I would buy a XIII HD compilation

:negative:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I would buy XIII HD purely because there's a better chance of it actually existing than LR PC at this point.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'm not joking: I hope they'll announce it and I will buy it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You people are weird, but the more power to you.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ah I'm glad Tidus is still an insufferable little poo poo in Dissidia, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Speaking of LR, here's an image for you, now guess the game:

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

DanielCross posted:

If the FFVII remake is as Quality as Crisis Core, I'll be satisfied.

Interestingly enough, FFXV kind of has a similar development setup to Crisis Core. For CC, Nomura wrote the story and did the art while Tabata worked in the trenches as director.

Attitude Indicator posted:

They're going hard for Chrono Trigger nostalgia with Project Setsuna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ot0dz7Ypg0

I think if the rumors of using a middleware engine are true, I think they'll have as easier time developing the remake than if it was on in-house technology. That's assuming they have a concrete development plan and the discipline to follow through with it.

Will they be able to actually ship a game that is as polished and feature rich as contemporary AAA RPG rivals, such as The Witcher 3? That's another story.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Saoshyant posted:

Trick question. That's not a Final Fantasy game at all!

Star Ocean is just as dumb

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Star Ocean 6, that's easy - I'd recognize that sexy witch everywhere.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad drill hair is making a comeback

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Terper posted:

There's an option to auto-change to a preferred weapon for some parts of the combos, like before.

The whole thing sounds pretty great if they don't gently caress up in execution

Tae posted:

Beat you, I am ghost posting

The White Dragon posted:

I think it will be good and get a PC port but the port will be a lovely lazy wrapper

zedprime posted:

If you put 5 dollars in the bank today, the interest will compound to the retail price of FF7R and the console its on by the time it releases.

That would require about 5000% compounding since odds are on it coming for the anniversary

bloodychill posted:

Hope for the best, expect the worst

A lot of people have been asking about Lightning Returns on PC & while we can't confirm a release date, don't worry, it is still coming

A lot of people have been asking about Final Fantasy 15 & while we can't confirm a release date, don't worry, it is still coming

A lot of people have been asking about Final Fantasy 7 Remake & while we can't confirm a release date, don't worry, it is still coming

A lot of people have been asking about a turkey sandwich with bacon and avocado & while we can't confirm a release date, don't worry, it is still coming

Actually they confirmed 2016 for XV

Dunno about the turkey sandwich though

Szurumbur posted:

And then they'll announce Lightning Returns' release version... as a part of FF XIII HD Compilation for PS4.

I'd buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Actually they confirmed 2016 for XV

I thought they confirmed 2016 for the confirmation of the release date