Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Accordion Man posted:

I just want Deus Ex 4 to be really good.

Good thing ubisoft ain't the ones working on it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Accordion Man posted:

Human Revolution was great though

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Honestly I want the sequel to go full cyberpunk. Rainy streets and neon. Evil megacorps everywhere kind of thing.

Speaking of Cyberpunk, Satellite Reign just got released. It's like a sandbox version of Syndicate by the same makers.

EDIT: And by "sandbox" I mean, the levels are large and mostly contiguous and the action never stops; while there are missions it's all totally freeform. Very odd.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

ImpAtom posted:

Funny thing about this mission: The post-scene dialogue never triggered so for my entire playthrough I just assumed Bedbug died until I saw people talking about it.

this makes me scream, lmao. this game is so loving awful.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Accordion Man posted:

CD Project Red are working on Cyberpunk 2077. Get loving hype (for a 2-3 year wait).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dabir posted:

I want the sequel to go away.

I am fine if they make a sequel if its like AC2/brotherhood to ac1.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I've slowly been watching these and all I can think is, the multiplayer in this game seems terrible.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The White Dragon posted:

I've slowly been watching these and all I can think is, the multiplayer in this game seems terrible.

Keep in mind that the only people in the multiplayer these days are the people who still play the game. The hardcore believers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

Hey, kids like Dark Souls right? Let's put invasions in the game, that'll get the Souls audience!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Mors Rattus posted:

Keep in mind that the only people in the multiplayer these days are the people who still play the game. The hardcore believers.

Well, that and the people who have unlocked all the overpowered bullshit and want to troll the hardcore believers.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

If you pour enough effort into this game to unlock all the best stuff, you are a hardcore believer even if you're trolling the other hardcore believers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Some people are really super in to it but I hated it myself.

Keeshhound posted:

Well, that and the people who have unlocked all the overpowered bullshit and want to troll the hardcore believers.

Nah, unlocking the big overpowered thing is trivial.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The previews showed the invasions being much more complex, where players could drop into others' games to help or hinder them even in the middle of missions. According to the released emails on Imgur from earlier, the previews were actually tightly scripted and such functionality didn't exist and wasn't even considered likely to exist at the time. All they could actually get into the game in time for release was a simple objective-based invasion during free roam.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

ImpAtom posted:

Funny thing about this mission: The post-scene dialogue never triggered so for my entire playthrough I just assumed Bedbug died until I saw people talking about it.

You didn't max out Bedbug's social link.

When Bedbug first called I thought it'd be really cool since Iraq seems to be really ontop of cyberpunk technology that he synthesized Bedbug's voice, on the other hand maybe they went back to Iraq not wanting to hurt his family member and let Bedbug off the hook. Assuming it never comes up again, really weak stuff.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Speedball posted:

EDIT: And by "sandbox" I mean, the levels are large and mostly contiguous and the action never stops; while there are missions it's all totally freeform. Very odd.

Oh I have it. It's definitely odd.

Satellite Reign plays more like the old Commandos games (but more forgiving since if you've got the credits you can "revive" any downed operatives and all you lose is any prototype gear they were carrying) with a bunch of extra layers (research, cloning, inventory management) on top.

I'm enjoying it but it's not THAT close to Syndicate except in aesthetics. They've really done their own thing with it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lid posted:

Human Revolution was great though
It was, I was just saying I hope 4 is better.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

wiegieman posted:

CD Project Red are working on Cyberpunk 2077. Get loving hype (for a 2-3 year wait).

Holy poo poo, I just got around to witcher 3 and am loving it.

I've been bitching about the lack of any urban fantasy games, and hey cyberpunks a great near neighbor.
The concept stuff has looked cool didn't connect they were making it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I really have no words for this, only laughter.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Onmi posted:

Out of seventeen of gaming's 'most diverse and inclusive titles' (three of which are Bioshock Infinite, so realistically fifteen), only two of them have female protagonists. Expanding that further to include having the ability to select a female protagonist, and we get... another two. This is to say nothing of non-white protagonists, of which we only have Saint's Row to look to.

I'd think they're making fun of the notion of 'inclusive games' given some of the choices--particularly rear end Creed Unity and Duke Nukem Forever--but honestly, just barely falling shy of a 1/3 hit rate is probably better than you'd usually get.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's 100% a dig at so-called "SJW" types, so don't look too much into which games are or aren't included in that sale.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Onmi posted:

it's a trigger because they use guns

see it's ha ha funny

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I just laughed that such an awful game like Watch_Dogs was on that list, Because while it's not particularly 'progressive' it's also aggressively bland rather than something like Duke Nukem Forever which is time displaced. It has to be a case of "We got to get rid of these Watch_Dogs keys..."

Lid posted:

see it's ha ha funny

Do you get a gun in Cloudberry?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Uh, DNF isn't time displaced, it's poo poo. Ideas like being locked to two weapons and only turrets and explosives hurting bosses wouldn't fly in the nineties either.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

JordanKai posted:

Typing Off the Dread.

Sorry, this is a barbershop game.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Aurain posted:

It's 100% a dig at so-called "SJW" types, so don't look too much into which games are or aren't included in that sale.

I'm sure, but like I said, the thing is that selection is actually doing a lot better at being 'inclusive' than you'd usually get. It's got the classic female-fronted Tomb Raider, the Bioshock Infinite DLC which at the very least tried to do well with a female protagonist, the most inclusive crime sandbox out there, and the Borderlands with probably the most progressive writing. If they wanted to make fun of SJWs, they're really poo poo at it, because at least those titles put forth an honest effort.

If they wanted to be intentionally lovely, then it's not even that hard. Even just staying within the publishers:
-Replace Tomb Raider with Sleeping Dogs.
-Either of the other Bioshocks in place of Infinite. Or just in place of the DLC, since that's the progressive-ish one.
-Saints' Row with Dead Island.
-And Borderlands with, like, Spec Ops or something. There's a lot to pick from in 2K's catalog.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Onmi posted:

i am pretty sure most of those games(or the unreleased sequals in DX HR case) were involved in stupid controversy. cept for pirates and i guess borderlands but thats because of the anthony burch meme i believe. sounds like the just needed to fill a list. sounds like they went to femfreq/radicalbytes twitters and added what they ranted about the most.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 1, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am pretty sure most of those games(or the unreleased sequals in DX HR case) were involved in stupid controversy. cept for pirates and i guess borderlands but thats because of the anthony burch meme i believe.

I wouldn't know, because I try not to pay attention to controversy beyond "This game is poo poo". Except for Burch, because at least I'm not Anthony Burch. What was Psychonauts controversy? I mean I guess Schafer being a ponce now but then shouldn't it be Broken Age or Massive Chalice?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

BS:I's controversy was that it was a terribly written game.
And the people who would make fun of trigger warnings / SJWs and poo poo don't exactly like Tim Schafer so Psychonauts being on there is funny.

I legitimately have no idea what the hell they're trying to mean with this other than a childish jab at trigger warnings.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's to grab a new consumer base out of anyone who would find this funny and get them to buy from them in the future because of the funny thing they did a while back.

If you don't think it's funny or if you're against them doing it, you're honestly not the people they're aiming the adverts at. They're pissing off one audience to curry favour with the other and regardless of your opinion on the joke or not, it'll probably work.
They put an advert up for GTA V around the same time the UN report about Cyber Violence against Women came out. They're just riding controversy to the bank.

I'm pretty sure this isn't really the kind of derail C&I wanna read through anyway, so maybe it's best to let it go and go back to laughing at Aiden being a jackass so the thread isn't locked up?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Aurain posted:

It's to grab a new consumer base out of anyone who would find this funny and get them to buy from them in the future because of the funny thing they did a while back.

If you don't think it's funny or if you're against them doing it, you're honestly not the people they're aiming the adverts at. They're pissing off one audience to curry favour with the other and regardless of your opinion on the joke or not, it'll probably work.
They put an advert up for GTA V around the same time the UN report about Cyber Violence against Women came out. They're just riding controversy to the bank.

I'm pretty sure this isn't really the kind of derail C&I wanna read through anyway, so maybe it's best to let it go and go back to laughing at Aiden being a jackass so the thread isn't locked up?

I can agree with that.

So who expects Wifesister to die? Also to go to games that are better than Watch_dogs, it had its problems but inFamous Second Son probably did the concept of the government watching the citizens better to. Since they have a very good reason to (Given that conduits nearly caused the apocalypse last time they appeared) And while the protagonist could be a complete rear end in a top hat at times (and go full rear end in a top hat if you chose the evil stuff) he also had a noble heart, and mostly does what he does in the beginning to save someone else.

While I don't think it approaches the other inFamous games in quality, it's certainly a tonne better than Watch_Hugs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lid posted:

see it's ha ha funny

'Wow, what a great joke, I'm going to put this in my game now' -Anthony Burch

I feel like you guys are over analyzing it though. Pretty sure its just a jab at most of the dudes on the cover having the fingers hovering around the shoot mechanism to some degree.

edit: I only just now noticed the inclusive, diverse, empowering fine print, ignore me, you guys are on point.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Onmi posted:

So who expects Wifesister to die?
Given what happened to Bedbug I wouldn't be surprised at seeing Wifesister die in a fiery explosion caused by Aiden. Only to get a phone call from her a few moments later where she says she's fine.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Onmi posted:

So who expects Wifesister to die?
I expect her to be arbitrarily rigged to a bomb with Aiden forced to choose between saving either her or a sack of puppies. Infamous-style.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

I expect her to be arbitrarily rigged to a bomb with Aiden forced to choose between saving either her or a sack of puppies. Infamous-style.
Joke's on you, she dies either way.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Random Hajile posted:

Joke's on you, she dies either way.

Well they did say Infamous Style :thejoke:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Funny story, I get so horribly lost with directions that I climbed the wrong tower on my way through that moment in inFamous.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Borderlands does a show of being inclusive but even it has midgets and the mentally ill/slow as common enemy types you're meant to laugh at, so I think it kinda fits that sale.

This doesn't really have anything to do with WATCH_DOGS though, I'm sure any communication between that site and Ubi Soft was along the lines of 'Sure, put it on sale, whatever'.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 1, 2015

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Justin_Brett posted:

Borderlands does a show of being inclusive but even it has midgets and the mentally ill/slow as common enemy types you're meant to laugh at, so I think it kinda fits that sale.

This is what I think of whenever I read about Anthony Burch parading himself as a beacon of being inclusive :cripes: What a prick.

Also good lord this story is bland. I honestly forgot sisterwife was kidnapped for the longest time. I swear I automatically zone out whenever Aiden starts mumbling.

With that said I do like how sisterwife was like "Stop loving up everything, you're going to get us in more trouble", and Aiden was like "nuh I can prutect yuh", and now everyone's kidnapped and we're fighting some other gang because Aiden's the worst protagonist ever.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

This is what I think of whenever I read about Anthony Burch parading himself as a beacon of being inclusive :cripes: What a prick.

Also good lord this story is bland. I honestly forgot sisterwife was kidnapped for the longest time. I swear I automatically zone out whenever Aiden starts mumbling.

With that said I do like how sisterwife was like "Stop loving up everything, you're going to get us in more trouble", and Aiden was like "nuh I can prutect yuh", and now everyone's kidnapped and we're fighting some other gang because Aiden's the worst protagonist ever.

All part of Ubi's plan. Aiden is intentionally made this terrible as a parody of the Batman-esque characters that so plague the media. He'll do anything to make himself feel like a superhero but he is in fact a worse monster than anyone he faces. Also note how his enemies are 1. An old man, 2. A minority, 3. A disabled person. He never has a fair fight, he's always the one with the advantage punching down.

Oh, and by the way, don't you think Aiden's cool? Awesome? We think so too, that's why we recreated his Iconic clothing in real life for you to pay exorbitant amounts of money for! Be like Aiden!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

All part of Ubi's plan. Aiden is intentionally made this terrible as a parody of the Batman-esque characters that so plague the media. He'll do anything to make himself feel like a superhero but he is in fact a worse monster than anyone he faces. Also note how his enemies are 1. An old man, 2. A minority, 3. A disabled person. He never has a fair fight, he's always the one with the advantage punching down.

Oh, and by the way, don't you think Aiden's cool? Awesome? We think so too, that's why we recreated his Iconic clothing in real life for you to pay exorbitant amounts of money for! Be like Aiden!

It was quite cunning of Ubi to both make a protagonist we were mean to hate, and to aggressively market his clothing. It is a profound sense of deep thought and not at all indicative that Watch_Dogs is anything less than a beautifully crafted experience.

• Locked thread