Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Progressive JPEG posted:

i'm looking at you porsche

the porsche cayenne is so bad and i see them everywhere around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what kinda fail lord would buy one of those pos cars. smdh

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Cayennes Roll Everywhere Around Me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
suv buyers should have the courage to just man up and buy a gmc conversion van

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

porsche suv buyers should have the courage to just man up and kill themselves

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
now now, we dont do the suicide talking thing in YOSPOS: the most mentally ill forum on Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka's Something Awful

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
vote from the rooftops, smythe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ima buy a walther p22 soon bc my friend gifted me a range membership. epic

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Smythe posted:

now now, we dont do the suicide talking thing in YOSPOS: the most mentally ill forum on Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka's Something Awful

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that four door sedan of theirs (the panera or w/e) is kind of amazingly awful too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

ima buy a walther p22 soon bc my friend gifted me a range membership. epic

make sure to practice your mozbique drill

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

FMguru posted:

that four door sedan of theirs (the panera or w/e) is kind of amazingly awful too

Its the ugliest expensive car I've ever seen. It's like putting a VW Bug through a taffy puller. It also has an awful name The Panamera

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 1, 2015

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the worst things are still the bmw x6 and bmw 5gt.

so so bad

so so so bad.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

LionYeti posted:

Its the ugliest expensive car I've ever seen. It's like putting a VW Bug through a taffy puller
i mean i get they want some of that sweet mercedes/audi/lexus luxury sedan skrilla

but the panera looks like someone took a 911 to one of those places that makes humvees into stretch limos

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

humvees into stretch limos

those are cool

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

LionYeti posted:

Its the ugliest expensive car I've ever seen. It's like putting a VW Bug through a taffy puller. It also has an awful name The Panamera

Have to pay extra to make a car look that bad

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

those are cool

yea way easier to move around inside of than a standard limo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

uber is the WCW of the tech bubel

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Vicas posted:

gee i just can't imagine why uber is hemorrhaging money

at this point what percent of their total operating costs are going towards paying fines for working illegally in different cites/countries

that's literally what they're there for, though. they're basically being paid to be the de facto global lobby for ~disruption~ and whatever comes next.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Panty Saluter posted:

ya

there is no way this wont just be smear and libel

pissed off at your SO? just write scathing bullshit about them that can never be erased

everyone needs to join together and write mountains and mountains of horrible poo poo about the two founders of the app the moment the thing goes live

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i mean i'm hella conflicted though because on the one hand it's the rare startup not run by white male bros but on the other hand it's a really bad idea

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

i mean i'm hella conflicted though because on the one hand it's the rare startup not run by white male bros but on the other hand it's a really bad idea

Ostracism As A Service

In the worst of all possible worlds (this one) techbrs will rip off even this lovely idea and get billions invested as it disrupts hr and gives customers a way to choose the right 1099 contractor for the right menial task

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Smythe posted:

what kinda fail lord would buy one of those pos cars. smdh

demographics around here are bmw or merc for him, cayenne for her to ferry the little trust-fundlings around

a rover is an acceptable substitute apparently.

edit: oh yeah if you live in the burbs swap the BMW for a fully loaded F150 crew cab king ranch edition. i think they cost the same anyway

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 1, 2015

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lol

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

In a tontine, the longer you live, the larger your profits — but you are profiting precisely off other people’s deaths. Even in their heyday, tontines were regarded as somewhat repugnant for this reason.

Now, a growing chorus of economists and lawyers is wondering if the world wasn’t too hasty in turning its back on tontines. These financial arrangements, they say, have aspects that make a lot of sense despite their history of disrepute.

loll this is great

not quite the same, but there's a fairly common practice where companies take out a life insurance policy on their employees, except when you die they get the payout.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/02/fashion/mens-style/27-ways-to-be-a-modern-man.html?smid=tw-nytstyles&smtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=

what the gently caress is this

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

maybe they're trying to break into the new yorker's "humor that doesn't make you laugh" market

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002

NYT isn't listed there :confused:

e: didn't see the full page

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

26. The modern man cries. He cries often.

accurate

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Smythe posted:

YOSPOS: the most mentally ill forum on Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka's Something Awful
even worse than gip and pet island?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

gip is a cesspool where they like to call afghans mud people and ask why they hate us

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

jony ive aces posted:

even worse than gip and pet island?

pet island is mentally ill?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

notice that nyt didn't analyze themselves

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ArmZ posted:

notice that nyt didn't analyze themselves

They did, they are just #36 on the list because other sites are so awful.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

gip is a cesspool where they like to call afghans mud people and ask why they hate us

pretty sure they know and don't care anymore after being over there long enough and seeing enough child rapists

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

ayn rand hand job posted:

when did it stop being penis island?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ayn rand hand job posted:

It used to be full of insane pet eugenicists, people who considered pets their children, people who would insist that you're ABUSING AND MURDERING DOGS by feeding them the wrong kind of food, that sort of stuff. These days it's pretty chill tho.

I wish it was still called penis land though.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it's really weird every time i take my pets to the vet, any of the vet ladies refer to me as 'dad' wrt my pets. ive had to stop myself from rudely telling them i am not a pet dad.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

it's really weird every time i take my pets to the vet, any of the vet ladies refer to me as 'dad' wrt my pets. ive had to stop myself from rudely telling them i am not a pet dad.

embrace ur pet dadness. ladies love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

im a pug dad.

• Locked thread