Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

That sounds great, like a space based Guns of Icarus. How hard was it to find a game and get playing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=625_eECEw4A
Man, gently caress Battlefront 3

There were only a few servers up but I got into a game no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Xaerael posted:

Amazing article. I love how every time CIG manages to start stabilizing a bit, someone just slams another torpedo into their slowly sinking ship.

Flagshipped

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

"Early 2015". hahaha.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZHElERa0JA

:smith:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

BadOptics posted:

"Early 2015". hahaha.

I need to figure out if my supervisor happens to secretly be a gamer. It would be the best excuse ever the next time he complains about my handing in texts late: “yeah, I know… but at least it's not Star Citizen.”

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

They should put up a new stretch goal.

"$90m: We buy buckets and fire extinguishers so we can put out the fires and keep afloat long enough for you idiots to send more money."

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Xaerael posted:

Amazing article. I love how every time CIG manages to start stabilizing a bit, someone just slams another torpedo into their slowly sinking ship.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
oh man some other company is buying their 'crowdfunding engine'? :what:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

peter gabriel posted:

You know if that article is true it should be funny but honestly I am just a bit disgusted

I imagine the only reason, why I'm laughing moreso than just dry-heaving right now, is because of all the time I've acclimated to it subconsciously via the brown sea. So it's less of a problem for me to just switch to my black comedy mode, but yea...it's deffo not unnatural a reaction for anyone uninitiated to all this to be disgusted, I'd say.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Reddit's response to the Escapist Article is predictable but still really funny.

No one on reddit ever says "but what if it really is true?" from the fear of losing hundreds, maybe thousands, of worthless internet points.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Derek Smart is going to be insufferable until the day he dies after this. Moreso than normal.

We were told by multiple ex-CIG employees that they were waiting on anyone at all to talk about what Smart was babbling about so they could jump on the train with their grievances. :shrek:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

I was there when I saw you guys post it in the brown sea. I still cri everytiem.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would not back this game just yet. At the very least I would wait until CitCon so they can provide whatever big reveal will impress everybody.

"you need to see another commercial before you make a decision to pay for more commercials"

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gwaihir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkKy4ddfH4Q

Scott Manley has some good videos, there's a shitload of others out there.

Thank you for taking the time to link me!

That craft there looks like an analog to Elite's Eagle in size and shape. It will probably take Elite another year to get to the "Get out and walk around your massive ship" phase, which really downplays how big things are around you. Being able to seamlessly walk into your ship and fly it would be baller as hell and player turrets are rad.

The ship models of both games are pretty detailed but SC has the prettier ships imo. I just never got why you would charge several months worth of rent for one. Did it at least come with insurance if a griefer blew it out of the sky?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Some of you are still buying space ships, aren't you?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

That sounds great, like a space based Guns of Icarus. How hard was it to find a game and get playing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=625_eECEw4A
Man, gently caress Battlefront 3

This looks really appealing. Thanks Star Citizen thread.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I wonder what reason a company could have to wait until 6 month? Is the information that is visible to the public in any way sensitive?

Six months is just when they no longer issue fines. Usually some time after this point is when Companies House will send threatening letters about initiating proceedings to strike a company off the register. This is essentially when the crown decides to dissolve the company and take control of any assets it owns. Realistically it never happens but then realistically people file their accounts at some point. Valid reasons for not filing your accounts do not extend much beyond a natural disaster like a fire or flood destroying all your books and records. Then you may be granted an extension to your deadline.

As with anyone breaking any law, it's not really a big issue for you until the moment it is. It doesn't mean that you aren't breaking the law though.

This is a completely separate matter to corporation tax, which a company pays on its profits. It is handled by different people and mostly irrelevant in this situation because it is pretty obvious that all these companies are running at losses. You don't pay corporation tax on losses.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

KM Scorchio posted:

Some of you are still buying space ships, aren't you?

Yes. In EVE.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Where's the game?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

Where's the game?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/download

Enjoy.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
The difference between SC and AFF is the difference between letting the perfect get in the way of the good enough.

Supposedly, AFF had a $0 budget before being released on Steam, today.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

"CMDR_DrDeath" posted:

I suspect they are attempting to impact Endeavor sales.

Alysianah posted:

Or affronted that no matter the BS they post CIG still has the ability to sell concept ships. Think they're all butt hurt. but fuk 'em, I dropped $1K on Endeavor yesterday (Master Set + additional Bio pod)

You sure showed them! You sure showed those anonymous whistleblowers who are trying to save your stupid rear end some money!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuckin lol

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Marathanes posted:

The difference between SC and AFF is the difference between letting the perfect get in the way of the good enough.

AFF has been worked on for forever.

But it's out now and it's fun.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
At this rate I will never get my day in space court, because space will be dead.

Just like the dreams of SC goons everywhere.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad this game is dead

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Think they're all butt hurt. but fuk 'em, I dropped $1K on Endeavor yesterday 

:yikes:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Marathanes posted:

Also competence. Buckets of competence.

Boy I sure hope the intern reading the FBI/FTC tweets passes that doozy up the chain!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It updated my desktop wallpaper and asks for money. I do not enjoy this.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer can we put some suicide prevention stuff in the OP now?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Eonwe posted:

im glad this game is dead

I am glad for your posts, you don't mess around and I respect that

AP posted:

It's like Bitcoin... except they just send you a jpeg of a bitcoin!

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

AP posted:

I second that motion.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure top Hollywood talent is going to be fine with having their imdb page reflect their work with a racist company.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Did star citizen finally die? I haven't checked in 1000 posts or so.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AP posted:

I'm sure top Hollywood talent is going to be fine with having their imdb page reflect their work with a racist company.

"Let's hire the biggest star actors for this gig. Except Halle Berry. Don't want a black girl."

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Every day I start to feel like the comedy/tragedy well has run dry and then something new comes along.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If the profanity claims are true, I can't wait to see some of those emails pop up as evidence.

"Gift cards? Sure I can put those on the site. $25 for $25, $50 for $50 and so on, correct?"

"Are you loving retarded you dickless turd? Gouge! Gouge I tell you!"

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008

quote:

One former employee compared the campaign for Star Citizen to the back of a book.

"You pick up a book, and what's the first thing you do? You read the back. The back is the best part of the book, because you can project what your experience is going to be. And usually the book isn't as good as what you imagine it will be," CS2 said. "With [Roberts], it would be, like, 'look at these beautiful renders of characters, and of this spaceship.' But none of it was real. He shows some artwork, and then people project what their experience is going to be. Like the back of a book."

These are my favourite quotes:

quote:

In addition to Gardiner's alleged conduct, many felt they were required to be on constant guard when addressing Roberts as well.

CS3 stated that it wasn't uncommon practice to round up four or five people to review an email intended for Roberts, to make sure there was nothing potentially upsetting in the wording. "His immediate response to everything was to insult people, and accuse everyone of being idiots," he said. "It was like the Eye of Sauron. You never wanted to say anything in an email or a meeting that would bring the Eye of Sauron on you. He couldn't control his temper, and had no problem making a public scene of it."

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Am I detecting the hand of a certain PhD in this?

Because, drat... shouldn't have made it personal Chris. Not with an internet warlord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XGAxc4EGi4

You don't know where I've been Chris, you don't know where I've been!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Then go and sue him. But instead you guys are dragging his case through the whole internet. Did any one of you asked the "victim" of that sexual harassment how she feels about it?
I am not my friend but she did read this thread, she said "Well, they're [goons] calling it creepy bullshit so that's a plus."

Also as one of her best friends I feel qualified to say that she felt a strong sense of violation, but CIGs absolute mishandling only put fuel on the fire.

PS: You strike me as a gross creepy dude, you and DickWulf should get along famously.

• Locked thread