Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can understand dropping it because they've kind of wrapped up everything to do with the character. Everyone related to why he became the Horseman are dead, with the exception of Ichabod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The stompy gun toting horseman was cool, but he could get played out. An immortal warrior who fails to accomplish anything week after week is bound to lose some of his menace. Retiring him for now lets them bring him back later for an 'Oh poo poo, headless is back!!!' moment.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

MildShow posted:

I wouldn't bet on it, though. And since when was Sheriff Corbin's son a "fan-favorite?"

Relative to low-rent Nathan Drake perhaps.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I liked Hawley, it's too bad he basically stole way too much screentime from the Abbie and Ichabod Supernatural hour though.

Guessing Corbin Jr. is supposed to get into some serious supernatural poo poo and needs help. They kinda left that really open last season for it anyway.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Angela Christine posted:

The stompy gun toting horseman was cool, but he could get played out. An immortal warrior who fails to accomplish anything week after week is bound to lose some of his menace. Retiring him for now lets them bring him back later for an 'Oh poo poo, headless is back!!!' moment.

There's also the fact that his plot line doesn't get properly resolved. Both he and the Kindred are still running around so far as I know, unless I missed an episode where Henry zapped HH into oblivion. Also, don't you think that he might be a just a bit sore that Ichabod pretty much murdered his reason for existing?

Also we didn't get enough episodes of the Ichy and Katrina show, the fight with the painting guy was great but pretty much dismissed and forgotten when Katrina went crazy-go-nuts.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Astrofig posted:

The gently caress is with all the decent shows turning lovely or being canceled recently?

Quoting this again, because good god y'all.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Astrofig posted:

Quoting this again, because good god y'all.

izombie, my man

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
That show looked really stupid; was I wrong about that or is it the fun kind of stupid?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Astrofig posted:

That show looked really stupid; was I wrong about that or is it the fun kind of stupid?

you know that moment when we learn who Henry is in Sleepy Hollow?

that, but if we were watching from Henry's point of view the entire time happens to the characters of iZombie. add a self-aware voice-over on top of it and it's pretty much the climax of iZombie's season 1. and it is good, yes.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

MildShow posted:

I wouldn't bet on it, though. And since when was Sheriff Corbin's son a "fan-favorite?"

I initially read this as them bringing back Sheriff Corbin somehow and got excited :(

Loved the actor and the character was interesting.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

RIP this show. At least Hawley isn't coming back

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
They should somehow discover a spell to travel through time and go back to the very beginning of season two and do it all differently. Rewind instead of reboot.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Here are some details about the upcoming (and ridiculous sounding) Sleepy Hollow/Bones crossover.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/33078/details-revealed-spooky-halloween-crossover-of-bones-and-sleepy-hollow

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
I stopped watching Bones when they put in a Family Guy crossover. I feel like I made the right decision. I stopped watching Sleepy Hollow for obvious reasons, but seeing this tie in makes me feel justified once more.

It was really good in the beginning. I'm still not sure how it all went wrong.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ContraceptiveCereal posted:

They never expected the show would get picked up for a second season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I stopped watching Bones when they put in a Family Guy crossover. I feel like I made the right decision. I stopped watching Sleepy Hollow for obvious reasons, but seeing this tie in makes me feel justified once more.

An influx of new writers, mainly. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the show actually suffered from not having Alex Kurtzman in the writers room last year. Like holy gently caress.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

I stopped watching Bones when they put in a Family Guy crossover.

This is a thing that actually happened? How would that even work? Ugh.

I've never watched Bones, and now, I never will.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

violetdragon posted:

Here are some details about the upcoming (and ridiculous sounding) Sleepy Hollow/Bones crossover.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/33078/details-revealed-spooky-halloween-crossover-of-bones-and-sleepy-hollow

How does this work? I don't watch Bones, but Bones doesn't have supernatural stuff in it, right? This just sounds bizarre.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

imperialparadox posted:

How does this work? I don't watch Bones, but Bones doesn't have supernatural stuff in it, right? This just sounds bizarre.

Bones uses all kinds of supernatural poo poo to solve crimes.

Dear lord these announcements though. It really makes me worried, especially considering the show was so tight and good in S1.
And considering Lance Gross was on the nightmare that was "House of Pain", I definitely don't have high hopes for that.

:smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

violetdragon posted:

This is a thing that actually happened? How would that even work? Ugh.

I've never watched Bones, and now, I never will.

It wasn't a real crossover crossover. Basically a story arc involved David Boreanaz's character having a brain tumor and hallucinating, so in one episode he thought Stewie from Family Guy was talking to him.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

muscles like this? posted:

It wasn't a real crossover crossover. Basically a story arc involved David Boreanaz's character having a brain tumor and hallucinating, so in one episode he thought Stewie from Family Guy was talking to him.

Ok, that's less terrible than what I was expecting.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It pales in comparison to the loving Avatar episode.

http://bones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gamer_in_the_Grease

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Dragging this up from the grave because the S3 premiere is on Thursday at 9 PM eastern. Time for a new thread?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kefkafloyd posted:

Dragging this up from the grave because the S3 premiere is on Thursday at 9 PM eastern. Time for a new thread?

The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Sleepy Hollow Season 3 - Now with Zero Reasons to Keep Watching

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I think it says something that I'm watching Heroes but I'm having a hard time summoning enthusiasm for the next season of Sleepy Hollow.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

I think it says something that I'm watching Heroes but I'm having a hard time summoning enthusiasm for the next season of Sleepy Hollow.

Ehh, I understand the response to Heroes, but it's more of a reboot vs. a returning show, which is kind of like an apples to pears comparison. There could easily be a subconscious desire to see heroes flop again that you have.(Totally baseless assumption there, you could honestly enjoy it for all I know)

I'm...cautiously optimistic, even amidst the departure of Orlando, the slight from the studio Nicole Beharie implied, and the loss of Evil Katrina, who actually seemed like an interesting character. Or at least more interesting than base "I keep getting captured" Katrina

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Postal Parcel posted:

Ehh, I understand the response to Heroes, but it's more of a reboot vs. a returning show, which is kind of like an apples to pears comparison. There could easily be a subconscious desire to see heroes flop again that you have.(Totally baseless assumption there, you could honestly enjoy it for all I know)

I'm...cautiously optimistic, even amidst the departure of Orlando, the slight from the studio Nicole Beharie implied, and the loss of Evil Katrina, who actually seemed like an interesting character. Or at least more interesting than base "I keep getting captured" Katrina

How the hell can you be optimistic even a little bit? The entirety of the last season was total rear end.
FOX got their greasy meat hooks in the whole god damned thing and now they're ripping it apart.

And then the original showrunner loving up and left likely because of the direction it's going.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 1, 2015

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Deakul posted:

How the hell can you be optimistic even a little bit? The entirety of the last season was total rear end.
FOX got their greasy meat hooks in the whole god damned thing and now they're ripping it apart.

And then the original showrunner loving up and left likely because of the direction it's going.

Because I can hope

I still have hope that they can fix the past :(
e: And I thought the first quarter and last 2 eps were good. In between? Depressing

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Because I can hope

I still have hope that they can fix the past :(
e: And I thought the first quarter and last 2 eps were good. In between? Depressing

How many times has a television show gone off a cliff like Sleepy Hollow and recovered? It's just not worth gambling that this time will be different.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't wait for the Sleepy Following crossover.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

mr.capps posted:

I can't wait for the Sleepy Following crossover.

Sleepy Grimm?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

spookygonk posted:

Sleepy Grimm?

Turns out Ben Franklin was ALSO a Grimm! Also, wesen are really just Moloch's demonic henchmen, even the 'good ones' like Monroe and Rosalee. Oh, and Adalind's rape-nugget is the literal Anti-Christ.

....actually, I think I'd watch that.....

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I'm really hoping the show finds a new footing fast, but up against Scandal, Blacklist and football? It's not long for the schedule I fear.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Kammat posted:

I'm really hoping the show finds a new footing fast, but up against Scandal, Blacklist and football? It's not long for the schedule I fear.

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize they put it up against Scandal. The Blacklist would be whatever because they went up against that before right? But Scandal AND Football?
They really wanted to put this in the relative death slot.
I'm surprised they didn't put this opposite Scream Queens and have Terrifying Tuesdays

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
RIP Frankenstien.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Werewolf this time, it looks like. Or Jersey Devil.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Can you hear me Jesus?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Can you hear me Jesus?

That was amazing.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Hot Betsy Ross
Well well well, before Katrina was Betsy

E: yes, colonial times!

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Oh gods I really want this restaurant as reality.

• Locked thread