Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lucy Steele versus The World owns, actually.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pomp posted:

Lucy Steele versus The World owns, actually.

It's not much of a fight to be fair.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I had a friend who said the last five chapters of SBR were their favorite part. They have a pretty big hard-on for all things DIO, though, so I guess that's to be expected!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's not much of a fight to be fair.

Yeah, Lucy Steel is pretty OP.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Mountain Tim.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Speedwagon's stand is extremely good at giving cuddles but only to the Joestar master race. You just can't feel them at all if you're not a Joestar though he'd never try hugging you if you weren't one anyway.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Medicos is re-re-releasing the Crazy Diamond and Josuke SAS so:

http://www.medicos-e.net/

So.

please just announce it already :cry:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if we were going to get an announcement, when would that be most likely? i know people had some ideas.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jump Festa

KimotaBoom
Feb 8, 2008
Duck and cover. That's the first thing to do. Duck and cover.
Speedwagon's stand is "Keep the Fire Burnin" and it gives him perfect control over his body temperature, which is how he unfroze Zeppeli. This is also how he walked the hot Texas deserts finding oil by day and grilling steaks on his abs by night.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The earliest possible announcement for Part 4 is near the end of October, they're doing an event then for the anime then but I wouldn't put money on it then.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Daxing Dan posted:

Care to tell me what this was?

It's Okuyasu's return. I'm just curious about a couple things, one thing in particular seems to mean two different things to me. The other differences don't actually change the meaning, it's just interpretation I imagine.

http://bato.to/read/_/248744/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-4-diamond-is-unbreakable_v46-47_ch428-439_by_tmnbe-scans/80
http://bato.to/read/_/262998/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-4-diamond-is-unbreakable_v46_ch435_by_the-invincible-trio/8

Okuyasu saying "Check it!" and "Gotcha!" with the former being something I like cuz he's said it a couple times before but the latter most likely being the more accurate representation given what's happening there. I guess I just prefer 'Check it!' for no valid reason but I'm 99.99% sure you'll say that it's supposed to be gotcha and clarity should win the day there.

The thing I'm most curious about is "hosed up, right" vs "it made me feel real alone."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like the black and white page's translation there.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The Black and white translation gets the same points across and sounds way more in character for Okuyasu.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Eh, they're both in character to me though yeah, I prefer the 'check it.' I'm neutral on the rest, just curious about meanings. Sorry, I hope I didn't open a can of worms. :S I sound like a nitpicky rear end in a top hat now, which is always a pleasant position to occupy in these threads

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

ascalapha odorata posted:

It's Okuyasu's return. I'm just curious about a couple things, one thing in particular seems to mean two different things to me. The other differences don't actually change the meaning, it's just interpretation I imagine.

http://bato.to/read/_/248744/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-4-diamond-is-unbreakable_v46-47_ch428-439_by_tmnbe-scans/80
http://bato.to/read/_/262998/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-4-diamond-is-unbreakable_v46_ch435_by_the-invincible-trio/8

Okuyasu saying "Check it!" and "Gotcha!" with the former being something I like cuz he's said it a couple times before but the latter most likely being the more accurate representation given what's happening there. I guess I just prefer 'Check it!' for no valid reason but I'm 99.99% sure you'll say that it's supposed to be gotcha and clarity should win the day there.

The thing I'm most curious about is "hosed up, right" vs "it made me feel real alone."

Check it/Gotcha in the original Japanese script is ホレッ! which, as far as I know, is basically like something you grunt out while performing an action, so I think either line works here. I can't say I recall Okuyasu saying it incredibly often, but then again, I haven't really read Japanese JJBA in depth either.
hosed up, right/It made me feel real alone is とてもさびしい夢だったよ which has a literal meaning of something like "It was a dream that made me feel deep feelings of solitude." I'll let you decide which translation sounds better.
In some cases, there are major differences in dialogue because the Invincible Trio likes to play fast and loose with the script, which I suppose is a matter of personal translation philosophy. At the risk of sounding rude and arrogant, I think the other cases come from the fact that TIT just aren't that good at Japanese.

And for what it's worth, I think I'm a nitpicky rear end in a top hat too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think the black and white version sounds a lot more like an actual conversation between young men actually would. It sounds much too formal for a ruffian type like Okuyasu on the coloured version.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Aurain posted:

I think the black and white version sounds a lot more like an actual conversation between young men actually would. It sounds much too formal for a ruffian type like Okuyasu on the coloured version.

MAYBE dying-not-dying made him SMARTER did you ever think of that no you didn't well it did so there. :colbert:

Thanks Daxing Dan. I think I might actually like "made me feel real alone" a little more because it's less teenager-ish but is still in keeping with the way he can be at times - he's not particularly guarded emotionally so being blunt like that seems perfectly Oku-ish and not necessarily philosophical so much as it is just an astute shrugged-off reflection. Plus that does sound to me like a closer approximation of what was said originally.

I'll forever cling to the check it thing though hahahaha

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Being a ruffian isn't an indication of intelligence. Okuyasu is a genius in his own way.

Maybe rascal is a better term.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Okuyasu is dumb but he's dumb in the same way that Polnareff is dumb.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, they're both sort of oblivious to what's happening directly around them for the most part, that gets them into some serious trouble at times but when it's time to throw down they get their head in the game.

Polnareff and Okuyasu could have had some great scenes together, hopefully that can happen in EoH.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Eyes of Heaven has an OC character for its story.
Very interesting.

I'd hedge my bets at it being DIO having absorbed the Green Baby and starting to get Heaven, kind of how Pucci starts looking a bit different.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Oct 1, 2015

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's DIO or Pucci, leveled up due to time shenanigans

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Obviously Dio and Pucci did the fusion dance to become Ducci.

Alternatively, Dio just cut all of the subterfuge and became Jesus.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 1, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Obviously Dio and Pucci did the fusion dance to become Ducci.

my favorite green day album

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

setafd posted:

it's DIO or Pucci, leveled up due to time shenanigans

Well you can see big gold D's on the knees of that mystery figure, so yeah it's Made in Heaven/Green Baby DIO.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Red Bones posted:

Well you can see big gold D's on the knees of that mystery figure, so yeah it's Made in Heaven/Green Baby DIO.

I would love that, I've always wanted to know what Made In Za Warudo would look like

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I know what his Stand is named.

https://youtu.be/UjqVgj3Qrzw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I know what his Stand is named.

https://youtu.be/UjqVgj3Qrzw

Excuse me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yca6UsllwYs

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
EoH story is gonna be that one fan fic where all the joestars team up

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Insightful comment: Steel Ball Run is good.

Fine, details I think it was better at the start, when it was more about the race than merging with the body of Christ and rectangle powers, though having written that out I'm clearly wrong.

As ever, the main villain's power didn't seem as well thought through as the others (how did he do the "everyone shot Johnny" thing?) though it was nowhere near as bad as most of the time things.

Over-thinking: how could alt-universe Di(eg)o's version of The World use a timestop without there being a Star Platinum equivalent out there to copy it from? (And could we not have kept dinosaur antihero Dio for the finale?)

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dzhay posted:

Over-thinking: how could alt-universe Di(eg)o's version of The World use a timestop without there being a Star Platinum equivalent out there to copy it from? (And could we not have kept dinosaur antihero Dio for the finale?)

The World didn't copy time stopping from Star Platinum. It's just the same type of stand.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

The World didn't copy time stopping from Star Platinum. It's just the same type of stand.

Then how could Dio use Hermit Purple near the start of part 3?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Dzhay posted:

It's Jonathan's stand

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Aurain posted:

Eyes of Heaven has an OC character for its story.
Very interesting.

I'd hedge my bets at it being DIO having absorbed the Green Baby and starting to get Heaven, kind of how Pucci starts looking a bit different.

That's clearly Safer Santana. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dzhay posted:

It was Jonathan's stand jesus christ

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like the fact the World can use the time stop in Part 7 should tell you that your theory is wrong and that is the World's actual power

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Diego even can't use it for the insane lengths of time DIO could because he isn't a vampire, but was restricted like Jotaro.

Also President Valentine is the best and I wont hear anything against him or his Stand, which is the best Stand name in the entire comic goddamn.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Hermit Purple is the final form of the hamon.

If Jonathan Joestar had developed a stand, it would've been similar to Joseph's.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Lisa Lisa with Hermit Purple would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ripple could do some crazy poo poo

Remember that time it told the future with the first zeppeli??