Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

blugu64 posted:

Too bad monster didn't teach you to get a job huck huck huck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

C-Euro posted:

:lol: As a millenial this is one of the most offensive things I've seen in this thread.
Double :lol: at Twitter teaching anyone to listen, if anything it's had the opposite effect and turns users into over-reactionary, insular morons. It's taught people that being the first to say something is more important than saying the correct thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjNJs5v0WEs

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

This is so millenial:

Google taught me that directed advertising based off of saved involuntary personal data is big money
youtube taught me to be myself and let a company monetize 99% of my efforts
facebook taught me to share personal info about my friends, my social gatherings, and my interests with a company that sells that information for billions
twitter taught me how to eliminate 1000s of jobs in market research by doing the companies job for them #lovemyschwinn

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

twitter teaching people how to listen is legit the dumbest loving thought tho

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Remember that idiot who posted that video about how he lives a richer life from video games than going out and experiencing the world. 'I had to learn an ancient language of dragons, I'm a champion'. This modern world really strives to diminish actual accomplishments.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/2015/10/01/14-416010-2015-09-30/web_cut/mlbtv_511523483_1200K.mp4

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Borden posted:

Remember that idiot who posted that video about how he lives a richer life from video games than going out and experiencing the world. 'I had to learn an ancient language of dragons, I'm a champion'. This modern world really strives to diminish actual accomplishments.

ugh why did you remind me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Ch6N8QT00

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

twitter taught me how to listen, so i can come up with the least charitable interpretation of a statement made in passing and read a whole lot of poo poo into it in bad faith and pillory the person who made it with my cool and good internet opinion bros

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Borden posted:

Here's a list of companies that made me a better person.

it still isn't clear to me if this image is a critique

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Madcosby posted:

This is so millenial:

Google taught me that directed advertising based off of saved involuntary personal data is big money
youtube taught me to be myself and let a company monetize 99% of my efforts
facebook taught me to share personal info about my friends, my social gatherings, and my interests with a company that sells that information for billions
twitter taught me how to eliminate 1000s of jobs in market research by doing the companies job for them #lovemyschwinn

I like all the stories of people who had public setting facebook accounts, bragged about going on a long vacation and came back to find their house got robbed.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015

:cripes:

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Those cringe vids are only embarrassing if you see your own flaws reflected in the person being depicted. I don't blame that gamer guy for thinking that the mixed signals he got in childhood left him without an identity. If you grew up indoctrinated with the hollywood ethos that life is an adventure you're gonna become either bitter or depressed when you realize middle-class life has no narrative to it whatsoever.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Beef Turret posted:

If you grew up indoctrinated with the hollywood ethos that life is an adventure you're gonna become either bitter or depressed when you realize middle-class life has no narrative to it whatsoever.

Also a source of much internet drama in general.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Turret posted:

Those cringe vids are only embarrassing if you see your own flaws reflected in the person being depicted. I don't blame that gamer guy for thinking that the mixed signals he got in childhood left him without an identity. If you grew up indoctrinated with the hollywood ethos that life is an adventure you're gonna become either bitter or depressed when you realize middle-class life has no narrative to it whatsoever.

when are you making another video

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
there are microscopic ups and downs, and if you learn to make yourself imperceptibly small, these will nourish you

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

Also a source of much internet drama in general.

the reality is success is just following that cheesy game of life boardgame.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
are you guys ironically quoting that video game vid or sincerely??!?!?1

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Madcosby posted:

are you guys ironically quoting that video game vid or sincerely??!?!?1

yes

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Made it 15 seconds in

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

BUT WHEN IM in GAMEEE

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

awful

i hate this nerd voice

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Borden posted:

Here's a list of companies that made me a better person.

hadnt thought of it that way.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

nomadologique posted:

difference engine? try a programmable loom you spoiled child

Speaking of looms, you're not poo poo unless you messed with rope memory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_rope_memory

My quick Millennial story from just now. A 30 year old co-worker (I'm 32) who is still living at home says his parents have been away for a week on vacation and won't be back for another 2. He's out of clean clothes and instead of learning how to do laundry he said he's just going to buy new clothes every day after work for the next day of work until they come home.

My wife does my laundry so I can't complain too much but holy poo poo if she's gone for a while I know how to wash my own poo poo. Even if you're going to be all lazy, buy all of your poo poo at once instead of going to Hollister every single day after work.

VVV I'll take what I can get

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 1, 2015

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Tyson Tomko posted:

Speaking of looms, you're not poo poo unless you messed with rope memory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_rope_memory

My quick Millennial story from just now. A 30 year old co-worker (I'm 32) who is still living at home says his parents have been away for a week on vacation and won't be back for another 2. He's out of clean clothes and instead of learning how to do laundry he said he's just going to buy new clothes every day after work for the next day of work until they come home.

My wife does my laundry so I can't complain too much but holy poo poo if she's gone for a while I know how to wash my own poo poo. Even if you're going to be all lazy, buy all of your poo poo at once instead of going to Hollister every single day after work.

Congratulations on being slightly less revolting than your coworker

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World is the most millennial movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUBVcit5VM

His dream woman is a maniac pixie girl who works in the tech industry.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
The most millenial movie is the Matrix where you can be a badass super hacker who magically realizes his true potential and gets the girl without any hard work

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

etalian posted:

i never saw that. i worked with somebody who loved the source material (comic book i guess or whatever) and talked about it obnoxiously for weeks leading up to it. then talked obnoxiously about going to repeat viewings in a theater no doubt alone. that was really all i needed to know about the target audience.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Beef Turret posted:

The most millenial movie is the Matrix where you can be a badass super hacker who magically realizes his true potential and gets the girl without any hard work

well a prophecy said they would bone

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

It's a really good movie.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

notZaar posted:

It's a really good movie.

wrong

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

etalian posted:

This is the most millennial book:
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Penumbras-24-Hour-Bookstore-Novel/dp/1250037751
The loser everyman lives in SF subsidized by rich roommates, hooks up with a MPDG working at Google, and cracks an ancient book's code by giving it to a different friend working at Google.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

He sounds like the guy from 'fun.' desperately trying to validate a voluntarily shut-in existence.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

nomadologique posted:

there are microscopic ups and downs, and if you learn to make yourself imperceptibly small, these will nourish you

This is probably true and kind of sad; I think they used to call stuff like that wisdom. Thanks.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

thathonkey posted:

i never saw that. i worked with somebody who loved the source material (comic book i guess or whatever) and talked about it obnoxiously for weeks leading up to it. then talked obnoxiously about going to repeat viewings in a theater no doubt alone. that was really all i needed to know about the target audience.

this is pretty much what old GBS did. i went to see The Expendables that weekend. gently caress old GBS.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

etalian posted:

-scott pilgrim was a fun movie with cool effects

-its manic pixie dream girl, ramona wasn't bubbly, and the film addresses scott's misguided infatuation

-I'm pretty sure Ramona was a delivery girl for amazon.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Toadvine posted:

-scott pilgrim was a fun movie with cool effects

-its manic pixie dream girl, ramona wasn't bubbly, and the film addresses scott's misguided infatuation

-I'm pretty sure Ramona was a delivery girl for amazon.

Remember Ramona? Remember that story about how she wore her pajamas under her clothes then got overheated when she got to school? She was a tragic everyman character people could relate to. What do kids have nowadays?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
is that actually a thing from the comics? I only saw the movie with my buds. we had fun watching it and then went about our lives because even its just a funny romance with action and video game references

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

FogHelmut posted:

this is pretty much what old GBS did. i went to see The Expendables that weekend. gently caress old GBS.

Man, Expendables was a poo poo ton of fun to watch in the theater, that was a pro-move right there, dude

• Locked thread