Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Milk Malk posted:

You know the statistics say that an increase the the availability of guns actually reduces violent crime? And that Hitler, though a reprehensible human being and a horrible, horrible racist, was actually a leader who wanted the best for his people? Don't try to cast me as a holocaust apologist either, in this analogy the American people would be the Jews--castrated, emasculated, and defenseless.

Look, gun control is not the answer here. Seriously, I can provide some real data if you still think gun control is going to help the American people. I deal in facts, not emotional bullshit that always comes up after a tragedy.

"you know hitler passed gun control? what's that, he actually didn't? uh, well, i can post some other statistics that"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Milk Malk posted:

Look, gun control is not the answer here. Seriously, I can provide some real data if you still think gun control is going to help the American people. I deal in facts, not emotional bullshit that always comes up after a tragedy.

yes, please post the numbers that indicate gun control increases violent crime.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

Yeah but it feels like it's true.

Truthiness is making a comeback, I'm telling you!

Monkey Fracas posted:

But if we ban them only criminals will have them and as a conceal carry proponent I *wet juicy fart*

*farting continues*

Speaking of concealed carry, there's a very interesting study on that that came out recently.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Spaceman Future! posted:

"Please proceed, Governor."

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Fried Chicken posted:

I'll regret this, but what is black pill? I've heard of red pill and iron pill but not black

I never really knew, there was a long rant by that fat guy who looks like an egg, they call him eggman, it just sounds like more red pill stuff.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
you know, i thought i was fast, the ol' king of the speedways, but then i saw milk malk go zero to hitler in three point nine seconds and, well, i hung my hat up that day

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Require a license to purchase a gun, which can only be obtained after training and passing a safety test.

At least that way people who get guns would get the same amount of screening as people who want to drive a car.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Actually there was just a study done that shows that CHL rates have no impact on crime rates and that crime rates have no impact on CHL rates.

http://tpr.org/post/new-texas-am-study-says-concealed-carry-licenses-dont-reduce-crime

quote:

But a new study published in the Journal of Criminology by researchers at the Texas A&M Health Science Center School of Public Health may be poking holes in claims that increasing the number of conceal handgun permits leads to less crime.

The study’s leading researcher Dr. Charles Phillips said past studies on the issue were limited to just a before and after snapshot on crime rates from a statewide perspective.

“We decided in order to hopefully improve on that what we would do is not look at the passage of legislation but instead we’d look at the rate at which conceal handgun licenses were issued and changes in crime,” Phillips said.

Phillips said researchers looked at this data on a county by county basis in four different states.

“We did that analysis using those decades of date from five-hundred counties and found in fact that there was no relationship,” Phillips explained.

e:

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Truthiness is making a comeback, I'm telling you!

Speaking of concealed carry, there's a very interesting study on that that came out recently.

beaten :)

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Spaceman Future! posted:

citaion of that percentage?

or... does it just feel that way?
I don't feel I need to support any of the things I claim with facts.

Facts only slow me down.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Milk Malk posted:

You know the statistics say that an increase the the availability of guns actually reduces violent crime? And that Hitler, though a reprehensible human being and a horrible, horrible racist, was actually a leader who wanted the best for his people? Don't try to cast me as a holocaust apologist either, in this analogy the American people would be the Jews--castrated, emasculated, and defenseless.

"I deal in facts not emotional bullshit!" As a response to it being pointed out you were lying as you invoked the emotional hyperbole of the holocaust, in a post where you make an emotional plea invoking castration

3/10 low energy weak effort. Go study Tolberone Triangle and put some effort into your trolling

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

JT Jag posted:

Require a license to purchase a gun, which can only be obtained after training and passing a safety test.

At least that way people who get guns would get the same amount of screening as people who want to drive a car.

Yeah this is my proposal. Though I am not sure on the constitutionality, since driving a car is not something generally enshrined in the constitutions as a right.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Rent-A-Cop posted:

You forget that all the nuclear weapons are in loving Montana and the Dakotas.

Filthy coasters would eat atomic fire on day one.

These are the general locations of land based nukes:

And then there's the naval nukes that are probably going to obey the people who have ports.

JT Jag posted:

Caveat: if you at any point indicate that carrying the gun will make you safer, you fail the safety test.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
I want to know how much the rate of shooting-oneself-in-the-rear end goes up after concealed permits are offered.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

zoux posted:

Un-gun related but Hillary is going to be greeting fellow kids on SNL this weekend. I'm sure it will be too embarrassing to watch.

Obama did it in 07 and no one said boo.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

SubponticatePoster posted:

Make part of the gun buying process similar to what Republicans keep trying to do with abortion. First, you have to see pictures of victims of mass shootings and audio recordings of the screams of the dying. Then get something randomly shoved up your rear end - you must consent to this or else you're not allowed to purchase a firearm. Then after all that you still have to come back and speak with a counselor twice more with a waiting period of 48 hours in between sessions. Also regulate the stores that sell firearms down to the nails used in construction, make sure the seller has admitting privileges at a local hospital (in case something goes wrong), they can't be within 1000 ft of a school or church, and the name of everyone that buys a gun is posted in the local paper. Oh, and they have to recommend alternatives, like slingshots and paintball/airsoft.

I mean, we're not making buying a gun illegal, we're doing it for the health and safety of the buyer. If it's not a legitimate gun purchase we have ways of shutting that whole thing down!

(For the record I own guns, like shooting them and don't think they should be outright banned but I have no problem with strict regulation)

Just pretend I empty quoted this because I like it.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Didn't everyone already know this?

Shocking news! People who can pass a criminal background check are not often involved in crimes!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yeah this is my proposal. Though I am not sure on the constitutionality, since driving a car is not something generally enshrined in the constitutions as a right.

If you can't pass the gun test, you're still free to bear arms in the form of nerd swords, bows, and hatchets.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

computer parts posted:

I dunno, the Iraqis seem to have done a good job.
The ISIL ones we're bombing, the ISF who cut and run before just about every fight, or the Kurdish ones we're backing?

Cuz anyone resisting the US military would quickly end up in category one, and category one is not a fun place to be:

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You could hold out with some guerrilla tactics, sure. But effectively, if the US Military wanted to enact martial law, it wouldn't exactly be short of a crap shoot.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Fried Chicken posted:

well yeah, that would have been racist.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Edit: hey, a whole new page

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Doctor Butts posted:

There are other things like cutting off food, water, and electricity that could be done pretty easily and have big effects.

I think that goes without saying.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Shocking news! People who can pass a criminal background check are not often involved in crimes!

The point is that it doesn't do what people say it does, which is "reduce crime."

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

And then there's the naval nukes that are probably going to obey the people who have ports.
The US nuclear force is disturbingly Mormon.

Honestly I'm siding with Utah when the poo poo goes down because those fuckers own the Air Force.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The point is that it doesn't do what people say it does, which is "reduce crime."
Anyone who thought it would is dumb. The vast majority of all violent crime is basically either domestic or criminal-on-criminal.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rent-A-Cop posted:

You can't be that dense.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

Obama is smooth as gently caress, Hillary is stiff and awkward.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Plenty of gun fetishists probably wouldn't have a problem shoving a rod up their rear end, gonna have to be more creative.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rent-A-Cop posted:

lol. good thing many CCWs don't have an intensive written test

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Spaceman Future! posted:

You asked for it.

This is a direct comparison of U.S. violent crime in areas with AND without gun control legislation. Germany before and after guns were removed as well. Guess when there was more violent crime?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

fknlo posted:

You can't be that dense.
My point is that upper-middle class gunspergs with a clean background are neither the perpetrators nor victims of any significant percentage of crimes. So unless we assume they're all lurking in low-income neighborhoods waiting to Batman it up there's no way they're reducing any crime.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Milk Malk posted:

You asked for it.

This is a direct comparison of U.S. violent crime in areas with AND without gun control legislation. Germany before and after guns were removed as well. Guess when there was more violent crime?

i too think that germany 1944 is one of the times and places on earth where i would be least likely to be shot by a gun

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Milk Malk posted:

You asked for it.

Holy poo poo that's a really bad chart. Impressively bad.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

fknlo posted:

You can't be that dense.

He actually thinks the Hillary email poo poo (a) matters (b) was criminal... so yeah he can.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rent-A-Cop posted:

My point is that upper-middle class gunspergs with a clean background are neither the perpetrators nor victims of any significant percentage of crimes. So unless we assume they're all lurking in low-income neighborhoods waiting to Batman it up there's no way they're reducing any crime.

so you're admitting there's no actual purpose to a CCW except as a penile replacement

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

fade5 posted:

The ISIL ones we're bombing, the ISF who cut and run before just about every fight, or the Kurdish ones we're backing?

I would assume the ones that existed during the US occupation.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Milk Malk posted:

You asked for it.

You overshot your wad I think.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Milk Malk posted:

You asked for it.

Um.

You do know what was happening in Germany in 1944, right?

Like, poo poo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

Holy poo poo that's a really bad chart. Impressively bad.

Yeah it's almost like the dude is trolling the thread by saying insane things.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Popular Thug Drink posted:

so you're admitting there's no actual purpose to a CCW except as a penile replacement
You definitely don't want to replace your penis with a handgun.

It may seem cool, but honestly it freaks girls out.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Rent-A-Cop posted:

You definitely don't want to replace your penis with a handgun.

It may seem cool, but honestly it freaks girls out.

Would that be considered a method of legal abortion though?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Its not just that CHL ownership doesn't impact if the owner commits a crime, but also that CHL ownership doesn't prevent other people from committing crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Milk Malk posted:

You asked for it.

Just :wow:

loving wow.

• Locked thread