Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Hispanic outreach was never going to work. How are you going to sign someone up for the hottest conservative memes when half of them show people like them and say "get out". They thought they could just pay some lip service in southwest states and Florida while selling hard Racism in more rural states to keep people as far away from voting in their own self interest as possible while courting the new blood that they desperately need. Then they remembered that they have to have debates where they could have the free and open exchange of Ideas and Donald Trump said 'kill 'em all' and no ones been able to summon a decent counterpoint.

lol, just loooooooool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

TheTatteredKing posted:

I remember when Marco was supposed to be the GOP Messiah during the autopsy days. Between this and the gang of 8 I believe he actually believes in these sorts of outreach. Too bad about his abortion stance but otherwise he'd just be a democrat, I'm sure.

His economic policies are still pretty loving right-wing.

I also don't think this completely rules him out - I think anyone who would refuse to vote for him because of this would already have been a hard no on the basis of the comprehensive immigration reform stuff - but we'll see.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

oddium posted:

they probably play this game in the afternoon, which would mean the sun is in the west. so the side on the left is in the north, or america. checkmate

dont need the sun

just look

oh look a road, that's america, yep it has infrastructure on the left.

oh look its loving dirt, guess that's the shithole part on the right

there u go

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) will report around $2.5 million in donations to his presidential campaign"
lol

ron paul raised 4.5 million in q2 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Bob Ojeda posted:

His economic policies are still pretty loving right-wing.

I also don't think this completely rules him out - I think anyone who would refuse to vote for him because of this would already have been a hard no on the basis of the comprehensive immigration reform stuff - but we'll see.

It negates his walk back on it. The craziest ones always had a deep hate for him but this will cause problems for people short of "race realist"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lastgirl posted:

dont need the sun

just look

oh look a road, that's america, yep it has infrastructure on the left.

oh look its loving dirt, guess that's the shithole part on the right

there u go

i would trust that Big Beautiful Boy the Sun with my life before i trust anything on this wretched nightmare rock

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

theblackw0lf posted:

So Marco Rubio pretty much endorsed Black Lives Matter

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/30/9427919/marco-rubio-black-lives-matter

This is one reason why he's so dangerous as a Republican nominee. He's willing to say things like that which paint him as very reasonable and which would resonate with minorities. It's going to be hard to attack him with some of the things that would work for the other Republican candidates

I agree that Rubio is electable relative to the rest of the field but this is purely rhetorical. Rubio and Christie have both said stuff like this yet they are two of the candidates most hostile to criminal justice reform. Rubio is an ardent drug warrior and all around authoritarian so I don't think some kind words are going to sway many people.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 22, 2016

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Cruz is definitely NOT viewed by us as establishment.

He's only technically not an outsider.

Cruz is on the Trump/Carson/Fiorina side of the GOP field. EVERY SINGLE Cruz supporter I have talked to views Carson or Trump as their second choice and usually prefers Cruz over Carson because they view him as not experienced enough or Trump as not conservative enough to be their first choice over Cruz. EVERY SINGLE one would be completely fine for voting for either if they win, hopefully with Cruz as their VP in their minds.

I can't stand Cruz but I also hope he is Trump's VP choice because pretty much everyone in the Senate is human garbage so gently caress 'em they deserve to have the man they hate serve as Senate President.
What the heck Boosted, how could you not be for Jesse Ventura for VP?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

oddium posted:

i would trust that Big Beautiful Boy the Sun with my life before i trust anything on this wretched nightmare rock

fair enough

the sun is cool and good and gives you vitamin d

but it can also give you cancer if u so choose to not worship Ra

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

zen death robot posted:

My worst fear is that Ted Cruz suddenly starts gaining momentum. Mostly because I can't stand seeing that fucker on tv

I want to see an attack ad smearing Ted Cruz for the Canada connection. Preferably with Canadian flags getting involved.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nintendo Kid posted:

I want to see an attack ad smearing Ted Cruz for the Canada connection. Preferably with Canadian flags getting involved.

boy_waving_canadian_flag.flv

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

Pro-Click Trump video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3TpBxnvSCE

- When the Rabbi places his hands on his face...

.'

That was some Jews for Jesus poo poo there

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
In other news: Ben Carson Jokes About Days Before Cops 'Would Shoot You' at Durham Speech, New Hampshire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oixsh5ctQvg

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i really wish he didn't backtrack

i also wish he wasn't pushing flat tax

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Jeb doesn't find "Redskins" offensive

quote:

"I don't think [the team] should change it," Bush told ESPN's Andy Katz and ABC's Rick Klein, according to a press release announcing their new SiriusXM show, The Arena.

"But again, I don't think politicians ought to have any say in that to be honest with you. I don't find it offensive. Native American tribes generally don't find it offensive. We had a similar kind of flap with FSU if you recall, the Seminoles, and the Seminole tribe itself kind of came to the defense of the university and it subsided."

"It's a sport for crying out loud," he continued. "It's a football team. Washington has a huge fanbase. … I'm missing something here I guess."

Hmm...I wonder what the difference is between "seminoles" and "redskins"...hmm....what could it be....what could Bush be missing....hmmmmmmmmmmm :nallears:

Also, Kevin McCarthy let the cat out of the bag and Republicans are mad!

quote:

The California Republican, who is the leading contender to become the next speaker of the House, said Tuesday night that the GOP-led Congress had succeeded by bringing down Clinton's poll numbers because of the long-running investigation into the 2012 terror attack that killed four Americans.

"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" McCarthy said on Fox News. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought."

Privately, Republicans were outraged by the remarks, saying the House majority leader had given Democrats unfounded ammunition to argue that the committee's investigation is squarely being driven by politics. Republicans on the committee had tried for months to keep the focus of the inquiry on the administration's handling of the attacks, avoiding getting into the ins and outs of the various aspects on the email stories.

:allears:

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 1, 2015

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Montasque posted:

In other news: Ben Carson Jokes About Days Before Cops 'Would Shoot You' at Durham Speech, New Hampshire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oixsh5ctQvg

Carson is really frustrating to watch because you know you're listening to a genuinely smart guy who's pretty sociable, but restrained by needing to out-conservative other dudes

still a pretty amusing vid though, without the title it woulda been a good punchline

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

a shameful boehner posted:

Hmm...I wonder what the difference is between "seminoles" and "redskins"...hmm....what could it be....what could Bush be missing....hmmmmmmmmmmm :nallears:

I think this was brought up before. And something of the team owner giving right to rise 100k

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Neurolimal posted:

Carson is really frustrating to watch because you know you're listening to a genuinely smart guy who's pretty sociable, but restrained by needing to out-conservative other dudes

still a pretty amusing vid though, without the title it woulda been a good punchline

No he's not, he is that conservative. He's a great doctor who thinks that means he also is smarter than everyone at not-medicine.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

evilweasel posted:

No he's not, he is that conservative. He's a great doctor who thinks that means he also is smarter than everyone at not-medicine.

His willingness to use stem cells while at the same time speaking against them suggests that he is not a True EvilSatan Conservative. As well as his many and prominent "gaffes" where he admits that America is lovely towards black americans.

Still not someone I'd ever want in office

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Neurolimal posted:

His willingness to use stem cells while at the same time speaking against them suggests that he is not a True EvilSatan Conservative.

No it doesn't.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

He was calling Obama a psychopath unprompted before he had political aspirations. That he walks back on things like the gay prison comments means to me he isn't trying to pander to the base. He pissed off the base by apologizing

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Nintendo Kid posted:

boy_waving_canadian_flag.avi

edit

Raskolnikov38 posted:

boy_waving_canadian_flag.flv

Ugh, should've refreshed.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

TheTatteredKing posted:

I remember when Marco was supposed to be the GOP Messiah during the autopsy days. Between this and the gang of 8 I believe he actually believes in these sorts of outreach. Too bad about his abortion stance but otherwise he'd just be a democrat, I'm sure.

His foreign policy team is made up of Bushite Neocons I don't think he's anywhere near a Democrat

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

a young boy is waving the american flag. suddenly, it zooms on his face as the picture goes black and white. the boys face morphs into the grotesque melting visage of Ted Cruz, and the flag morphs into the canadian flag. "o canada" begins to play in reverse, revealing its satanic message. "make america great again, not canada" says donald trumps voice.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

quote:
The California Republican, who is the leading contender to become the next speaker of the House, said Tuesday night that the GOP-led Congress had succeeded by bringing down Clinton's poll numbers because of the long-running investigation into the 2012 terror attack that killed four Americans.

"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" McCarthy said on Fox News. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought."

Privately, Republicans were outraged by the remarks, saying the House majority leader had given Democrats unfounded ammunition to argue that the committee's investigation is squarely being driven by politics. Republicans on the committee had tried for months to keep the focus of the inquiry on the administration's handling of the attacks, avoiding getting into the ins and outs of the various aspects on the email stories.

Prions. It has to be prions turning these people's brains into cheese. I just can't see a prominent congressman being so loving stupid. That or spending your life righteously indignated all the time makes you really dumb. Or maybe taking for granted that the moral high ground is your personal domain no matter what you do makes you so complacent you think you're invulnerable.

And incidentally, I was just playing an old dethklok episode and realized, Liz Bane (Aka Liz Blackfin, aka Liz Deatheyes) is a not bad likeness of Carly Fiorina. Seems a good fit.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
It's easy for house reps to not be that bright. I mean we do have 435 of them, and many of them get easy seats to win and maintain as a result of doing the right butt-kissin' over their career.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

quote:

"If you'll dig deep and give $100 in response to this email I got the campaign to agree that we won't send you any more emails between now and the end of the fundraising quarter," wrote Brad Engle, the Jindal campaign's digital director.

I cannot wait.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Peachstapler posted:

I cannot wait.

The gambit of a desperate man.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Peachstapler posted:

I cannot wait.

how is that even a sale? it's trivial to set up a spam block on any public email service that would also prevent further emails from inundating you, and it doesn't cost you $100

he's like some kind of nut who points a loaded gun at his own head and loudly demands $100 from you, or else he'll blow his own brains out!

edit: laffo too, "the end of this fundraising quarter". so you're giving him $100 to not blow his own brains all over the sidewalk, but only for 3 months max.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Pretty shrewd move by Marco. He's betting heavily on Trump taking himself out and JEB never recovering ( :ironicat:). But the message is clearly for the donor class looking for someone who can win the general.

I thought I'd see a lot of weird poo poo in my lifetime but never did I think I'd see a Republican arguing forcefully for racial justice (of the non white flavor) in an attempt to get money from the richest people in America.

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007

meristem posted:

Hope you enjoy the palette.

I do.
But you know what the problem with that graph is? It's kind of contradicting itself.
The whole point of lumping candidates together (Trump with Cruz, the establishment, the Jesus freaks) is that you assume that people belong to a camp and will always vote for the same group (even if they switch from one candidate to another within that group). If that was the case, every curve on your graph would be horizontal.

The fact that those curves are going up and down shows that Republicans can't really be categorized as "establishment voters" or "evangelicals" or whatever. It is possible for someone to favor Jeb! or Rubio and then completely change their mind and go over to Trump's side.

Another problem with your graph is that you can't vote for "Trump or Cruz"; it's not one of the options. In particular, the votes of all those establishment candidates do not stack up, and the way Jeb! and Rubio are now starting to fight against each other over votes means that there is no guarantee that a vote for Jeb! right now will translate into a vote for Rubio later (or vice versa).

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot
And besides I thought we were doing pie charts this week.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

homeless poster posted:

how is that even a sale? it's trivial to set up a spam block on any public email service that would also prevent further emails from inundating you, and it doesn't cost you $100

he's like some kind of nut who points a loaded gun at his own head and loudly demands $100 from you, or else he'll blow his own brains out!

edit: laffo too, "the end of this fundraising quarter". so you're giving him $100 to not blow his own brains all over the sidewalk, but only for 3 months max.

You underestimate how loving stupid most people are

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Brannock posted:

You underestimate how loving stupid most people are

Freepers: I have to pay Bobby Jindal $100 or he'll fill up my AOL email

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
$100 to not have to learn how the junk mail button works

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's possible someone might want to continue to get emails from the Jindal campaign, just not ones begging for money.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

W-what? Am I reading Jindal's fundraising note right? Pay me $100 or I'll spam you?!

Get the gently caress outta here.

Also a pledge to stop requesting money from his biggest backers. Clever.

• Locked thread