Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If you squint your eyes hard enough, the two girls in the foreground look like some kind of weird conjoined twin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad Cross Ange exists

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm glad this thread will soon die and be reborn free of Cross Ange.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

You realize you're just tempting fate to have someone post about Cross Ange on the first page of the new thread when it goes up.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
well now im tempted to mention it in my first post

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

I'll give boom's Cross Ange viewing my blessing, if it is born from a sincere desire to watch it.

same
i will also bless any poster who is for some reason offended by his CA posts but doesn't bring it up each time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm gonna post about Cross Ange side by side with my Gundam watching journal now, thanks

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lemon Curdistan posted:

You are the cause of your own suffering.

Unless...this was your plan to begin with???!!!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first episode of Cross Ange has a baby being arrested by the police and ends on prison rape, 10/10

I still haven't watched Unicorn episode 4

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Unless...this was your plan to begin with???!!!!

poo poo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Srice posted:

I'll give boom's Cross Ange viewing my blessing, if it is born from a sincere desire to watch it.

I was genuinely enjoying the first half, in a trashy sort of way. Now they're in post-apocalyptic Tokyo and I'm wavering

W.T. Fits posted:

... I just noticed the spaces on the Twister mat are Zeonic mobile suit faces.

Yeah, that's why I posted it in the Gundam thread

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Actually, [i[]Cannibal Holocaust[/i] is still a little too classy for Cross Ange. Elsa, She-Wolf of the SS, seems a better fit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Baal posted:

The first episode of Cross Ange has a baby being arrested by the police and ends on prison rape, 10/10

I still haven't watched Unicorn episode 4

ban this filth

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

it sounds stupid and funny up until that last bit

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

I was genuinely enjoying the first half, in a trashy sort of way. Now they're in post-apocalyptic Tokyo and I'm wavering

Pretty much. Escalation of commitment my rear end, I got bored and quit when they were jerking around in dragon land.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ernie Muppari posted:

it sounds stupid and funny up until that last bit

The first episode was firmly in the "What the gently caress is this poo poo, this is hilariously dumb but at least still entertaining" category until she gets taken to Prison Rape Island. To make featuring prison rape as a major part of your introductory episode *even worse*, the prison rape segment is used for really skeevy and gross fanservice! Long pan camera shots on her rear end while it's happening, etc. The episode ends with her curled up in a ball in her cell sobbing and then it immediately cuts to the next episode preview where a super bubbly girl gushes about "Now that you've seen the shoujo, next you'll see the mecha!!!!".

I don't know anything about the rest of the show because I stopped there, but my friend who watched it through told me it alternated between so-bad-it's-hilarious and crushingly bland and boring.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This show sounds like all of the reasons I don't leave the Gundam thread. :stare:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Please don't think Cross Ange is in any way indicative of Japanese animation as a whole.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Warmachine posted:

This show sounds like all of the reasons I don't leave the Gundam thread. :stare:

Have you seriously never watched a non-Gundam anime thing? Please don't let booms sudden obsession with a lovely show that he has to post everywhere put you off.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Warmachine posted:

a soul weighed down by Char's gravity

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Warmachine posted:

There are plenty of good threads, in new ADTRW

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
Guess I'm a slowpoke, but all of G-Reco's up on Hulu if you're subscribed so that's something. Sorry non-Americans.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

maybeflan posted:

Guess I'm a slowpoke, but all of G-Reco's up on Hulu if you're subscribed so that's something. Sorry non-Americans.

Actually its just the Europeans who cant watch it now, I think.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah it's on Animax. And also soon bluray!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Have you seriously never watched a non-Gundam anime thing? Please don't let booms sudden obsession with a lovely show that he has to post everywhere put you off.

Some Area 88 and King Gainer. Most anime fell out of favor with me years ago. Of course, I've seen plenty prior, I just don't care for it that much anymore.

TheKingofSprings posted:

a soul weighed down by Char's gravity

Basically.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Try reading and also watching One Punch Man.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Warmachine posted:

Some Area 88 and King Gainer. Most anime fell out of favor with me years ago. Of course, I've seen plenty prior, I just don't care for it that much anymore.

Basically.

Are you old

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'd subscribe.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Are you old

i am and is still watch several animes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Warmachine I'm not even joking, of the two superhero-based webcomics I've read, One Punch Man is the good one.

And then they made an anime adaptation of it.

I'm saying this because I know drat well we've seen each other post in the thread about the other superhero webcomic.

That said, time to watch IBO now.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'd subscribe.

Perfect in every way

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ernie Muppari posted:

i am and is still watch several animes

A respectable Ojisan.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally watched Episode 4 of Unicorn and everything about it was really good and it was cool to see all of these old rear end mobile suits return and hold their own against the federations newer stuff. The voice acting is still really good too, the combination of New York and California VAs makes for a really varied and individualized sound amongst the cast. The animation is still amazing and the end of the episode has me wanting to watch EP5 already.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Unicorn is good.

Weren't we supposed to be getting a new Gundam thread?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Unicorn is good.

Weren't we supposed to be getting a new Gundam thread?

Droyer said he was making it while he was on probation

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Droyer said he was making it while he was on probation

Well since you went and ruined the surprise: Hi yeah i'm making the new gundam thread! A combination of being busy, sickness and good old laziness has made it take longer than intended but it's gonna be up this week.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I didn't ruin the surprise, you said you were gonna do it in some other thread some time ago!

Thanks for putting in the work, I'm looking forward to your thread!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
What's even the point of putting in Legilis if you're not going to make Zeheart's dialogue incoherent screaming?

I do love how they actually put in his punching fit as an attack though. :v:
I'm surprised they put in Legilis before AGE-2 DH or AGE-1 FG.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yes, Droyer is the person I put in charge of making the new thread.

Please direct all complaints to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

What's even the point of putting in Legilis if you're not going to make Zeheart's dialogue incoherent screaming?

I do love how they actually put in his punching fit as an attack though. :v:
I'm surprised they put in Legilis before AGE-2 DH or AGE-1 FG.

Talk all the poo poo you want about AGE, but the Legilis actually looks pretty cool as a design, doubly so as a villain suit.

• Locked thread