Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Gosse REALLY has his heart set on winning the Gay Abortion for worst label.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Ralepozozaxe posted:

That is clearly not the white house in the cartoon, just some wierd tan room.
I'm not even sure what Branco is going for then. It's definitely supposed to be Putin taking over Obama's office, and the ornate wooden desk seems to reference the Oval Office.

But where else would Obama's office be if not in the White House? :psyduck:

I'm probably thinking too much about this. Branco is a talentless hack, after all.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

beepsandboops posted:

I'm not even sure what Branco is going for then. It's definitely supposed to be Putin taking over Obama's office, and the ornate wooden desk seems to reference the Oval Office.

But where else would Obama's office be if not in the White House? :psyduck:

I'm probably thinking too much about this. Branco is a talentless hack, after all.

Also why does Obama's stuff say to RETURN it to the white house, if he's not in the white house already :psyduck:

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Grapplejack posted:

The pope can gently caress right off. Why would you visit someone who thinks you're a false prophet? Is he stupid? Or does he hate gays so loving much that he's willing to offer an olive branch over this?

Is there any reason whatsoever to believe that Kim Davis thinks that the Pope is a false prophet other than the thread assuming things? Even leaving that aside, why would the Pope care? John Paul II visited the man who shot him. Thinking you're a false prophet is nothing compared to that.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Grapplejack posted:

Or does he hate gays so loving much that he's willing to offer an olive branch over this?

Yep

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

alnilam posted:

:laffo: Latuff is sometimes good but lol at him being so contrarian/anti-US-influence that he's supporting Russia and Assad, people whose policies he actually would hate. He just can't help but celebrate someone "sticking it" to the US.

Also the US is secretly supporting ISIS apparently???

You might be absolutely right, but looking at the cartoon on its face it's quite accurate. Russia is spinning bullshit yarns about targeting ISIS when everyone knows they're blasting apart the remains of the resistance fighters.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Post 9-11 User posted:

You might be absolutely right, but looking at the cartoon on its face it's quite accurate. Russia is spinning bullshit yarns about targeting ISIS when everyone knows they're blasting apart the remains of the resistance fighters.

But nothing about it makes it clear it's fake, in fact it even involves a CIA dude, which is classic shorthand for US meddling and poo poo.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Also, today sucked, I pulled this from the OP:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Reuters reports that Volkswagen will “repair” up to 11 million cars rigged to give misleading emissions info to inspectors. The “fix” will cost $6.5 billion.

The evil geniuses at VW figured out a way for its diesel emissions systems to recognize when they were being tested. During a test the system stifles emissions according to government standards. The rest of the time the system turns itself down or off, allowing for great mileage and more power but higher emissions.

Who but the greenest among us is going to want to bring his car in for that repair?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I'm super into it if the meme becomes 'sure they indulged in fairly major fraud BUT THINK OF THE GAS MILEAGE

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Honestly I'm skeptical that those cars had good mileage given how conservatives fiercely protect gas guzzlers.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Never thought I'd see concern trolling over fuel economy but here we are.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

What the hell is that thing. That thing in the lower right corner. What is it. What is that chin. It's like someone tried to reconstruct Obama's face using whatever scraps they could find on the floor of the wood shop.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

oh gently caress! Plot development!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The one Muir I decide to look at, and it's whatever the gently caress this is. Good job, self.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Is there just a random kid picking up a piece of paper on the road in the middle of nowhere?

I mean....I have to know what happens next I guess.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

what does the Vatican have against Sams?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/18/us-europe-migrants-pope-refugees-idUSKCN0RI10M20150918

OldTennisCourt posted:

Is there just a random kid picking up a piece of paper on the road in the middle of nowhere?

I mean....I have to know what happens next I guess.

He's probably a dirty illegal, undermining the safety of our roads.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Having taken in four refugees Vatican City's population is almost .9% refugee. America would have to taken in nearly 3 million refugees to meet that per capita rate.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

She's swerving to make sure she hits the dirty illegal.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Considering the population and size of the vatican I think taking one refugee would be proportional to the US taking hundreds of thousands of refugees.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

CampingCarl posted:

Considering the population and size of the vatican I think taking one refugee would be proportional to the US taking hundreds of thousands of refugees.

I got 2.9 million.

KimotaBoom
Feb 8, 2008
Duck and cover. That's the first thing to do. Duck and cover.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

You traced that from a Bat-man cartoon.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

I know making fun of Muir is beating a dead horse at this point, but he's just so bad. :psyduck:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

She's driving on the wrong side of the road. Even Muir can't make his characters more sympathetic than "too busy ranting about drat LIBTARDS to avoid committing negligent homicide."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

e: Aldo is a normal conservative christian and the liquor bottle is the pope.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 2, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

T-man posted:

The one Muir I decide to look at, and it's whatever the gently caress this is. Good job, self.

Right?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

At long last, the sequel to Our Roosevelts: Lil' Roosevelt

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

A Frosty Beverage posted:

I love how these guys are screaming Allahu Akbar with the same sort of tone people would use to shout, "Oh my god!" if they just did something really improbable on the first go.

From what I've read and been told, that's essentially what they're doing: Saying "oh my god" or "jesus christ" the way we would if something insane was going down.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Sam crashes on the side of the road and dies. Zed, unable to live without his wife, kills himself and DbD ends. Muir, with nothing left to fill his time, follows shortly.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

^^^
Muir picks up some years later with the daughters. The redhead marries a dude with a scar. Nothing changes.

Abyssal Squid posted:

She's driving on the wrong side of the road. Even Muir can't make his characters more sympathetic than "too busy ranting about drat LIBTARDS to avoid committing negligent homicide."

Maybe DbD has been going down in England this whole time and the Florida/Texas/wherever bullshit was another layer of fantasy...

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

BgRdMchne posted:

I got 2.9 million.
The 2014 population of the US was 318.9 million and the vatican was 842. That is 378,741 times more.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

CampingCarl posted:

The 2014 population of the US was 318.9 million and the vatican was 842. That is 378,741 times more.

I was using 558 for Vatican City, and they're taking in a family of 4 refugees.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Captain Bravo posted:

I know making fun of Muir is beating a dead horse at this point, but he's just so bad. :psyduck:

She looks like she's discretely trying to fart without sound, as opposed to swerving to crush a child.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"WE SHALL RAISE THIS IMMIGRANT CHILD IN THE FUCKBARN LIKE GOD INTENDED!"

i'm losing my poo poo over day by day chat and i can't stop laughing at that edit send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

• Locked thread