Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Cartoon posted:

Back off the language and as far as I know there were no police shot so...way to make poo poo up too.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-02/parramatta-police-headquarters-site-of-shooting-two-dead/6824320

I've seen reports that one person shot was a non-officer police employee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Solemn Sloth posted:

I've seen reports that one person shot was a non-officer police employee.

Gunman shot and an IT worker from the building.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Birb Katter posted:

Gunman shot and an IT worker from the building.

If there's one thing auspol hates more than police, it's IT workers

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

The ABC understands the incident is not terror related.

Sounds like it was a whitey.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Can someone PLEASE post the age, race, and occupation of the people who got murked so we can determine how much the thread can joke about it? There are clear guidelines.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Well based on what we now know I blame MT-suit Turdball's NBN speeds.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Watching an Attenborough documentary on channel 9 and an ad just came on for a new show promising "six of Australia's most informed minds" and the clips were of mark Latham and Amanda vanstone, and Campbell brown :laffo:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Solemn Sloth posted:

Watching an Attenborough documentary on channel 9 and an ad just came on for a new show promising "six of Australia's most informed minds" and the clips were of mark Latham and Amanda vanstone, and Campbell brown :laffo:

Yo those ants killing off the queens until only one remained was some cold poo poo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Narrator posted:

Yo those ants killing off the queens until only one remained was some cold poo poo

You come at the queen you best not miss

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I thought you said Campbell Newman for a minute, and can someone remind me - what happened to Campbell newman? Like how did he react when he went down? Was it funny?

I always thought of him as a proto-Abbott, coming in on a landslide just because everyone hated the previous government, and then rapidly becoming unpopular as he forced his ideological agenda through and everyone realised what a mistake they made. Except lol, at least Newman made a full loving term.

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
Apparently Newman just wrote a biography in which he is very, very bitter about being voted out.

Edit: to expand - http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/oct/02/campbell-newman-calls-media-pack-of-bastards-over-his-treatment-as-premier

Pred1ct fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Oct 2, 2015

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

The Narrator posted:

viva la revolucion

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Pred1ct posted:

Apparently Newman just wrote a biography in which he is very, very bitter about being voted out.

Edit: to expand - http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/oct/02/campbell-newman-calls-media-pack-of-bastards-over-his-treatment-as-premier

Oh hells yeah

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Pred1ct posted:

And yet, compared to Abbott he comes across as retrospective and full of insight into his own failings (very very little, but compared to Abbott, heaps).

Funny thing about Tony. Usually when people pass that way, the general timbre of discussion about them starts being more positive, people like to highlight the good things, don't speak ill of the dead, etc. But with Tones, as time passes he firms in the mind as a real, actual piece of poo poo. There are not enough gently caress yous in the world.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Solemn Sloth posted:

If there's one thing auspol hates more than police, it's IT workers

busb and bowmore said they were going out tonight...

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Starshark posted:

Sounds like it was a whitey.

Only news reporting that. Fairfax and News Ltd saying MEM.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/compulsory-insurance-for-cyclists-nsw-government-considers-schemes-20151002-gjztv2.html

Australia is lame

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Ahahahahahhahaha

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

If councils and state governments instead invested more on bike paths, the need for cyclists to hold third party insurance is greatly diminished.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 2, 2015

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Andrew Leigh won't respond to my emails, I really want to know how we dispose of dead asylum seekers

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

The Peccadillo posted:

Andrew Leigh won't respond to my emails, I really want to know how we dispose of dead asylum seekers

I wonder if any journos would take up the story. Where do you live (ie, what state)?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

ACT, and yeah, it's a thing. How does anyone sleep on them graves?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Everyone should get drunk and email their representatives the phrase "lama shabachthani", constantly

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

The Peccadillo posted:

Everyone should get drunk and email their representatives the phrase "lama shabachthani", constantly

Well that got me reading an interesting Wiki page on language in the Bible. Funny, just today (well, yesterday now) I shelved a two-tonne book on lexicography of the Old Testament and I thought at the time, "Who'd want to read this poo poo?"

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Serrath posted:

Probably not, most topical gels like that don't enter circulation and don't need to be metabolised in the liver, they get taken up by whatever cells they're applied to and, when taken up by free nerve endings in the mouth, depolarize the cell causing it to be unable to be stimulated and transmit signals. I don't know why you'd need more except to say there's probably some anatomical variation; you might have more nerve endings or the endings present have a lower threshold for depolarizing.

4-5 times is a lot, though; unless your dentist is using a different drug than a sodium channel blocker, they can get pretty dangerous if you absorb enough through a surface area that it enters your circulation including arrhythmias

Ok, interesting. Thanks for that!

I don't know what the dentist uses other than it's blue. But yeah, once he tried with just three times the normal amount, and as soon as the drill touched my tooth I literally punched his hand out of my mouth out of instinct because it just wasn't anesthetized at all. I guess I better just have less cavities in the future.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

ACT, and yeah, it's a thing. How does anyone sleep on them graves?

I missed all this in the last thread. How do we know this is a thing rather than a juicy rumour?

Also, I doubt if real the Gvt would share all the details with the Opposition. So maybe try Zed instead.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Kate and Kate: still awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ30wf1PmnA

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Let them do it, but itemise it like the WA rego. (Where the processing fees are a separate line item). It'll last less than a year because it'll cost so much more to collect than it needs to raise.

I bet that people falling down stairs at public parks is a bigger problem than cyclist v pedestrian accidents

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

norp posted:

I bet that people falling down stairs at public parks is a bigger problem than cyclist v pedestrian accidents

I'm totally right
http://acrs.org.au/wp-content/uploads/Grzebieta-McIntosh-Chong-Pedestrian-Cyclist-Collisions-Issues-and-Risk..pdf

quote:

Whilst there are a large number of traffic related cycling deaths and pedestrian deaths (numbering in the many hundreds over the five year period), only four fatalities were identified in NCIS that have resulted specifically from a cyclist – pedestrian collision for the period 2001 to 2006.

quote:

In regards to pedestrians where no other vehicle was involved, for the years 2001 to 2006, a total of 57 fatalities were identified. The state by state numbers are as follows: NSW=23, WA=8, Victoria=19, SA=3, ACT=1, TAS=3.

norp fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 2, 2015

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

ABC is reporting that the police shooting was by a radicalised middle eastern youth. Tony must be cursing the gods for not making it happen a few weeks ago. It's a good job we're bombing in Syria because that's going to solve the problem for sure!

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Shine on Duncan Gay you crazy, country diamond. I like the SMH buried this on a Friday afternoon.

edit: even the strange people that inhabit the comment section think he's having a laugh, lol

cowboy beepboop fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 2, 2015

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Campbell Newman got voted out, got really mad and decided to build robots to replace human workers. Its all in his book; CAN DO - How I decided to quit politics and contribute to the singularity.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Jesus Christ

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nautilus42
Jan 14, 2008
Unrelated sea creature

Yeast posted:

Jesus Christ

What a muppet.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Its not a joke. Campbell Newman really is building robots after politics.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Turns out the shooting in Parramatta was by a 15 year old "radicalised middle eastern teen" according to Miranda Devine.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
R

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

tithin posted:

Turns out the shooting in Parramatta was by a 15 year old "radicalised middle eastern teen" according to Miranda Devine.

ABC are reporting that too.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

tithin posted:

Oh yay, the circus is coming to town. Why oh why couldn't it just have been bikie hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I wonder what Turdball will say.

• Locked thread