Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I'm basically totally in love with every army we've seen. Only thing limiting me is budget. As is, I'm thinking of focusing on Enforcers and Asterians, the KS exclusive characters. Will see what happens in the PM, though, as they said it should be a few months long! I definitely want some of the Forge Father drop troops, and their tank, but money is a thing!

Muskets was showing off her Asterians in IRC last night, and I really liked the way she did the base body in silver with fairly vibrantly colored parts breaking it up. I may do that for my space elf drones, too. I think they'd look GREAT in my favored purple, but I don't really want to do more than one WP army in that, and no way am I not doing my Third Street Saint Enforcers. Well,. My DZ Rebs might also be in purple, as non-elite Saints. Saints rule EVERYWHERE, after all!

I'm still doing SOME black/white Enforcers, as actual Council agents--a deadzone team's worth, not a full army. I'll use them for Enforcer vs Enforcer mirror matches in DZ, assuming I'm providing all the minis like I expect to be at my FLGS (at least for now). While I'm rambling, hm, I don't think I'll paint anything up as The Boss. Any game stats would horribly undersell her capabilities, after all! My Saints Captain will still be Sophia Taurus, the character I've had planned for the PK Captain for awhile now. Gonna give her a big fleur de lis on her cloak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Still have no idea what I'm getting. Forge Fathers are my favourite but I have quite a few already, Enforcers and plague are both really easy to paint (plague ludicrously so - spray white, wash flesh, wash pink). Veermyn are cool, again will have lots from dzi, there's nothing particularly new available for them this time round except the tunneller (which I love). Asterians I wasn't on board with until the new infantry appeared.

I'm hoping for corporation, then I'll probably get them plus one of each vehicle and some asterian infantry.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Based on my DZ and DZI purchases, I really only need an Interceptor battlegroup and a FF tank battlegroup, plus the yet to be revealed/unlocked FF stuff from the alpha rules to have a pretty sizable army for the Enforcers and the Forge Fathers. Almost the same for the Rats and Plague, though a lot lighter on infantry. Light on stage 3s for Plague anyway, I have a value pack of Zombies which can really make some weight.

Realistically I probably have enough DZ Asterians to play a small Firefight game as well.

I didn't even men for that to happen with Enforcers, I was only going to go Warpath-sized on Forge Fathers.

With the PM in February, if I scrounge and save I can probably get a vehicle pack for everyone, add a small pack of Stage 3As and Asterian Infantry, and I'll be able to play battles against myself forever :smith:

KoW related, this cool double dial nerve tracker popped up on facebook, for those who like their legions. Little on the expensive side though.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Spiderdrake posted:

I upped my pledge as well. Asterians vs Enforcers is going to be a rad painting project, hopefully I'll find someone to play with in the GTA.

Where in the GTA are you? We've got a small group playing down at Snakes n' Lattes on College when there's time.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I'm planning on painting the Enforcers from the starter in a blue/purple/grey/white accent urban camo pattern. No idea why y'all are hating on them, they look real sharp and that little flyer is really really cool looking!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

The Enforcers are fantastic minis, both in looks and physical models. I love the ones I already have.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Is Warpath going to have the same 'proxying is a-OK' outlook as Kings of War?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's a bit harder for a Sci-Fi setting to do counts as right, but I'd expect Warpath to be very counts as friendly.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's almost a certainty, but you can use your old figures no matter what any rulebook says.

I noticed the KoW2 playtest forum is winding down for a hiatus until new material is ready for testing. Does this mean we don't find out what those two TOP SECRET army lists were until much later?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

moths posted:

It's almost a certainty, but you can use your old figures no matter what any rulebook says.

I noticed the KoW2 playtest forum is winding down for a hiatus until new material is ready for testing. Does this mean we don't find out what those two TOP SECRET army lists were until much later?

Are they both still secret? I thought one of them was a pirate list, based on the change logs in the testing spreadsheet. Then again, that could be a trick to throw me off so I guess I'll be surprised either way. Pirates can be cool, but I don't know what a pirate army would look like.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

drgnvale posted:

Are they both still secret? I thought one of them was a pirate list, based on the change logs in the testing spreadsheet. Then again, that could be a trick to throw me off so I guess I'll be surprised either way. Pirates can be cool, but I don't know what a pirate army would look like.

They were putting in joke patchnotes about pirates and Brian Blessed movies.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Looks like a bunch of scenery add-ons got announced for the warpath Kickstarter. I've heard the Mantic scenery system is great- confirm/deny?

If it's good Mantic is gonna be managing a lot of pledge out of me when this is over.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I quite like the Mantic terrain. I do need to paint more of it.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
Secret lists will be kept secret til the book launches.

Well, unless someone gets Ronnie to talk...

muskets posted:

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
I haven't compared prices myself but supposedly the cost of the terrain through the KS isn't all the phenomenal a deal other than pushing the pledge total higher to unlock more.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
So, for the battlegroups, it looks like the Veer-Myn tunneler only comes with 2 tunnelers and a connector for them? Is that right? Because I totally want a giant rat-vomiting drill vehicle, but I don't want to pay an extra $15 for it over two regular sized ones.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

It comes with 3 Tunnelers and an extra sprue to make one a double.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm still hesitant to commit to Asterians before any mention of a vehicle. I'm thinking I might go for the starter set and a $75 add-on to give me three forces, but it makes more sense to me to pair the vehicle with the larger force than one of the starter forces. Hopefully it will get announced as the next stretch goal but I'm not going to up my pledge before then.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They haven't even discussed a plague vehicle yet, I'm thinking they'll announce Corp and then a dual Corp/Plague vehicle kit. Then maybe Asterians.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

muskets posted:

Daedleh posted:

Secret lists will be kept secret til the book launches.

Well, unless someone gets Ronnie to talk...

Welp!

Also, I realized there was very little chance that I'd have my undead models in time to prepare for the big Halloween event the western Washington group is thinking about doing, so I impulse bought a dwarf mega army. Its a good thing mantic doesn't put pictures of their sprues up on the website, because I probably wouldn't have gotten anything if I knew how few distinct sculpts there are. I guess I'm spoiled by how easy recent GW kits are to make each model distinct from the others.

Even though I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of uniqueness of the little dudes, I think the sculpts look pretty good in person and I'm excited to try to get the whole thing painted up by the end of October.

I am a little confused as to what I'm supposed to do with the front half of a guy on the ironclad sprue; neither of the two types of troop sprues have the back half of him. Maybe he's a casualty?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They haven't even discussed a plague vehicle yet, I'm thinking they'll announce Corp and then a dual Corp/Plague vehicle kit. Then maybe Asterians.

Yeah, I'm hoping anything Plague will just be an accessory kit.

My FLGS has the giant special edition Deadzone box. I'm kind of tempted to grab it, but it's kind of pricey. Is it hard to find? Are there updated rules coming out soon (Redux or something)? Will those be freely available or will you have to buy the new rules to replace the old ones?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

drgnvale posted:

Welp!

Also, I realized there was very little chance that I'd have my undead models in time to prepare for the big Halloween event the western Washington group is thinking about doing, so I impulse bought a dwarf mega army. Its a good thing mantic doesn't put pictures of their sprues up on the website, because I probably wouldn't have gotten anything if I knew how few distinct sculpts there are. I guess I'm spoiled by how easy recent GW kits are to make each model distinct from the others.

Even though I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of uniqueness of the little dudes, I think the sculpts look pretty good in person and I'm excited to try to get the whole thing painted up by the end of October.

I am a little confused as to what I'm supposed to do with the front half of a guy on the ironclad sprue; neither of the two types of troop sprues have the back half of him. Maybe he's a casualty?

If you mean the full body guy yeah he's a casualty or just drunk

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

2.5k army done in 2 weeks. Not happy with some of the painting but hey - new army completed and ready for the tournament this weekend.

code:
1 x Skeleton Spearmen Horde
2 x Revenant Regiment w/2 Handed Weapons
2 x Zombie Horde
2 x Zombie Regiment
2 x Werewolf Regiment
2 x Wight Regiment
3 x Balefire
1 x Revenant King on Horse w/Blade of Slashing
1 x Army Standard Bearer
1 x Army Standard Bearer w/Healing Charm
1 x Vampire Lord w/Wings of Honeymaze
1 x Necromancer w/Bane Chant
1 x Necromancer w/Heal

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

That's some mighty fast work, would take me months.

Hey Daedleh, this got lost when Warpath started - you're the Ogre guy, any tips?

quote:

Warrior Kings 2015 (1460pts)

Ogres 2E (Standard) (1460pts)

Regiments (1 Hero OR 1 Mon OR 1 War Eng per) (470pts)

Boomers (3) (150pts)
Boomers (3) (150pts)
Chariots (3) (170pts)

Hordes & Legions (1 Hero AND 1 Mon AND 1 War Eng per) (580pts)

Shooters (6) (230pts) (two regiments pushed together, can be split)
Warriors (12) (350pts) (two hordes pushed together, can be split)

Monsters (190pts)
Giant (190pts)

Heroes (220pts)
Army Standard (70pts)
On Foot
Captain on Chariot (150pts)

NTRabbit posted:

So looks like I'll be going to my first ever tournament of anything that isn't sports end of November, Warrior Kings Adelaide 2015, KoW 2E rules, probably 6-10 players with armies I don't know, standard 1500 point 90 minute games swiss style. Taking my Ogres, and based on what I have done now and can have done by then, this is my first attempt at a list, without any magic items added yet. Thoughts? I can get 2 regiments of Goblins, 2 regiments of Hunters, a Mammoth, Grokagamok, and more foot/mounted versions of the ASB, Captain and Warlord ready in time as well.

My first thought was to drop the giant and replace him with another source of inspiring, say another ASB, and then a regiment of Red Goblins for some extra range power and speed bumps.

This idea at least is to have the Warriors advance as a difficult to remove or ignore block, ASB in tow, use the boomers to protect the flanks and be charge blockers and defend against flyers, keep the shooters back as an artillery piece that can defend itself to some extent, and run the chariots plus chariot captain as a mobile force to flank/get to war machines/etc, and then the giant... giant smash?

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

^^ Not enough Inspiring! You want at least one more source, preferably two.

I'd also shy away from taking chariots without some red gobbo scouts to protect them. They'll get chewed up by heavy cavalry very easily. You could screen them behind boomer regiments though (advance boomers towards heavy cav and get a volley or two off before they get charged by the heavy cav, leaving your chariots ready to pounce).

I'd split the legion out in honesty, or find the points to give it the Pathfinder artefact. It's a huge points sink in this game and I don't think you've got enough combat units to protect its flanks.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

What are you using as wights there?

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Wingless Elohi with Revenant heads. Revvie heads are a bit too small but I was pressed for time so didn't get larger scale skulls.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

How's this for a start then? Dumping everything chariot, splitting the warriors into hordes and going triple ASB

quote:

Warrior Kings 2015 (1330pts)
Ogres 2E (Standard) (1330pts)
Regiments (1 Hero OR 1 Mon OR 1 War Eng per) (300pts)
Boomers (3) (150pts)
Boomers (3) (150pts)
Hordes & Legions (1 Hero AND 1 Mon AND 1 War Eng per) (630pts)
Shooters (6) (230pts)
Warriors (6) (200pts)
Warriors (6) (200pts)
Monsters (190pts)
Giant (190pts)
Heroes (210pts)
Army Standard (70pts)
On Foot
Army Standard (70pts)
On Foot
Army Standard (70pts)
On Foot

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Much better :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cheers! I'll muck around a bit and see what magic items I want, or if I can fit anything useful in, then see if I can play test using that online module thing I've heard about

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Looking at Mantic's website, yeah, the terrain on the Warpath KS isn't a huge discount--and you COULD probably get a better one through normal retailer markdown. Makes sense, though--Mantic was having concerns from retailers about the deals in their KSes making it hard to sell the stuff retail, so not offering crazy deals on older product makes sense.

Meanwhile, the new FF tank config looks good. That said, I'm really waiting for the Asterian vehicle. Concept art for that looked great!

Also, started work on my Third Street Saints Enforcers. As expected, Enforcers look fantastic in purple.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So the Tyrant pledge is something you can only get here, or maybe later in the PM? Blork.

They're going to take all of my dollars.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Welp, I'm a tyrant backer now. Hopefully can get to Corporation, but I am intrigued by the Asterian flyer.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So it's exploded in the last few hours by like 20,000 USD after they announced the 2000-point army buy in.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

So the Tyrant pledge is something you can only get here, or maybe later in the PM? Blork.

They're going to take all of my dollars.

It's a pledge level and it's only while its available.

I'm going up to the 235 level and getting Heracles/enforcers/dorfs. And probably a dorf tank too.

:homebrew:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah I bumped my pledge to 425, gonna at the least split off some of it with a friend so why not?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I would but I can't, gonna go with $1 now and bump to $235 in the PM, or hope they're using false scarcity to drive money now and they'll open the $425 level up to more backers in February

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Is it possible to get a reasonable combination of space rats and squats out of 1 pledge - enough that i can demo games and stuff?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

fnordcircle posted:

Is it possible to get a reasonable combination of space rats and squats out of 1 pledge - enough that i can demo games and stuff?

The 235 level sets you up pretty thoroughly-squats battleforce, rats battleforce, then 3 rat or squat tanks, then use your free tank for the other army.

135 level only really works for two armies if you're cool with enforcers and squats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

tallkidwithglasses posted:

The 235 level sets you up pretty thoroughly-squats battleforce, rats battleforce, then 3 rat or squat tanks, then use your free tank for the other army.

Cool - yeah this was the level I was thinking about pledging, thanks.

It says 9 days left, I'm not sure how these things work - it doesn't say that the $235 pledge is limited so am I safe to wait a week for budget reasons?