Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Bojack event starts in Dokkan Battle tomorrow! Get hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Dokkan Awakening ruined my zeni. But, the hardest mission for Goku medals has really made it super easy to level up.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

New Leaf posted:

Bojack event starts in Dokkan Battle tomorrow! Get hyped.

I'm honestly shocked we're getting Bojack before Broly.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Bee posted:

Broly hasn't even hit the Japanese version yet (though he's coming to it soon) and the US version is lagging about 6 months behind

Broly is bringing the first natural UR to the game, which awakens to LR apparently, so they held off on him for a long while to hype that up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Bee posted:

The timeline is all kinds of hosed up, but I'm just running with it.

I'm surprised they have a half dozen Zarbons in the game but none are his "monster" form. Also, Zarbon sucks.

Speaking of Zarbon sucking, I don't know how many of you follow the Reddit for this, but Japan just got an in-game store where you trade unused cards and items/Awakening medals for currency that you can trade for other items. Different things have trade value, like natural SRs (+$ for Awakened to SSR), SSRs/URs, less funds for Strike SRs.. And you can use the currency for Awakening medals and heal items. It looks like a cool system and a good way to justify keeping some of these lovely SRs around for a while longer. Like Zarbon. And Dodoria. I have Z-Awakened SR Yamcha and Krillin, but subsequently found their "better" versions, so now I will have a way to turn them into something useful other than training fodder.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

New Leaf posted:

The timeline is all kinds of hosed up, but I'm just running with it.

I'm surprised they have a half dozen Zarbons in the game but none are his "monster" form. Also, Zarbon sucks.

Speaking of Zarbon sucking, I don't know how many of you follow the Reddit for this, but Japan just got an in-game store where you trade unused cards and items/Awakening medals for currency that you can trade for other items. Different things have trade value, like natural SRs (+$ for Awakened to SSR), SSRs/URs, less funds for Strike SRs.. And you can use the currency for Awakening medals and heal items. It looks like a cool system and a good way to justify keeping some of these lovely SRs around for a while longer. Like Zarbon. And Dodoria. I have Z-Awakened SR Yamcha and Krillin, but subsequently found their "better" versions, so now I will have a way to turn them into something useful other than training fodder.

Do what they want you to do and keep one of every character at Super 10 then sell the extra in case of natural R to SR Awakened only dungeon or must use these characters dungeon.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So the Bojack event will give us the 2nd Dokkan awakening, this time for SS2 Gohan, from Grand Plan Gohan (teen). Is this a character you can get already or is it going to come along when the event drops and then you need to farm medals to awaken him?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

CzarChasm posted:

So the Bojack event will give us the 2nd Dokkan awakening, this time for SS2 Gohan, from Grand Plan Gohan (teen). Is this a character you can get already or is it going to come along when the event drops and then you need to farm medals to awaken him?

What I gather from Reddit it's phy r -> z-awaken -> phy sr* -> dokkan awaken -> phy sr -> z-awaken -> phy ssr*.

Fake edit: phy r gohan is a guaranteed drop from the story like agl r bardock.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 2, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
It says that Gohan is only guaranteed the first time.

And Gohan needs a lot of Medals to Dokkan-Awaken (7 each of the Bojack gang) .

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When the game came out, the Gohan event was glitched and gave a free one everytime you beat it.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Tae posted:

When the game came out, the Gohan event was glitched and gave a free one everytime you beat it.

The only time we ever got something nicer than Japan is the ability to get SA10 for Angel Goku. And since I'm not sure how their coding works, we may or may not have lost dokkan awakening to Super Saiyan Goku which makes it a net loss.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
At least this time I know better than to rush the Dokkan Awaken. Stupid event change making me re-do all the bullshit for Angel Goku. This time I get to the SA level I want first.

A 10-pull got me most of Bojack's guys. Didn't get Zangya, but I DID get two more Shugeshes!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Isn't there a level where you can get a bunch of senzu beans?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
You can dokkan awaken the SR Bojack from the new summoning pool too. There's info in the story event but it specifically says you can't get him from the event. If you need an SSR STR character though you have a chance

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Too bad Bojack looks stupid. Now, if they give us Super Android 13...

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

-Troika- posted:

Too bad Bojack looks stupid. Now, if they give us Super Android 13...

His super better be just punching the enemy in the dick.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is this a smart event to do a multi-pull on?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is this a smart event to do a multi-pull on?

Can't say I was impressed with mine. Bojack's guys seem on-par with Bardock's crew, at least.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 2, 2015

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I just pulled SSR Mysterious Mentor Whis from the Bojack Event :eyepop:

e: And SR Zarbon, wow

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Isn't there a level where you can get a bunch of senzu beans?

"Wayward Champion" on Z-Hard. It's in the Unknown Saiyans zone. Jackie Chun has a great drop rate for them.

Edit: I got PHY SSJ Vegeta with my freebie stone roll.. I didn't even want him, but I'll take him!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just wanted Bojack or Beerus, but no. I need another SR AGL Kid Gohan and a 5th AGL Android 18, apparently. At least I got another of the SR TEQ Krillin I use.

SSJ Teen Gohan from the Dokkan seems pretty alright. Good links. Just need to get some more to get his super up. I assume you get extras from the level you get him in?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 2, 2015

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I decided to do it because I'm not smart and got SR 2nd form cell and SR Zangya. Rest were a bunch of crappy Rs. I should have listened....

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Cozz posted:

It says that Gohan is only guaranteed the first time.

And Gohan needs a lot of Medals to Dokkan-Awaken (7 each of the Bojack gang) .

On Hard there's a chance for each Boss to drop 2x of their medals. Also Gold Capsules on their stages have a chance to be the medal as well. On Z-hard it can be 3x, so over all it's not bad and should only take a day or two. What I saw on Reddit the stage Gohan drops on also has a random chance for all of the Medals which means grinding out his SA lvl should shorten your grind for medals time as well.

I lucked out and with my free pull got Bojack.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wow, the fact that there isn't a character with -Str attack is really glaring with the Bojack fight. Holy poo poo he hits hard.

I've only gotten Gohan medals in Seriously Serious Fight Z-Hard so far.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

You also get medals as a reward for beating all the stages on hard, as a mission.

Bojack hits for half my life on my all AGL Team on Z-Hard. Already have enough medals to Dokkan Awaken Gohan, debating if it's worth it to up his super attack.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The drop rate is pretty high, I'll say that much. I got the first on Normal, one on Hard and I'm 2/3 on Z-Hard.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I lucked out and with my free pull got Bojack.

What's this free pull?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

ChronoReverse posted:

What's this free pull?

Due to the down time they gave out 5 Dragon Stones.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Holy poo poo. The event Gohan by himself at SR* 40 hits harder than a lot of SSR*s. I can't wait to see this SSJ version.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Cozz posted:

Due to the down time they gave out 5 Dragon Stones.

Oh okay, I figured it was that but just wanted to make sure there wasn't a literal free pull.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ChronoReverse posted:

Oh okay, I figured it was that but just wanted to make sure there wasn't a literal free pull.

Nah my bad, should have been more specific.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Holy poo poo. The event Gohan by himself at SR* 40 hits harder than a lot of SSR*s. I can't wait to see this SSJ version.

Make sure you're grinding him up to SA 10 before Z-Awakening. I have 3 to go. It's been a very slow work day.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Make sure you're grinding him up to SA 10 before Z-Awakening. I have 3 to go. It's been a very slow work day.

Oh trust me, I've kept that in mind. I have to re-grind the stuff for Angel Goku still.

And the drop rate for Gohan's plummeted after getting a few. I really wish Bojack actually dropped other medals.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 2, 2015

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

Oh trust me, I've kept that in mind. I have to re-grind the stuff for Angel Goku still.

And the drop rate for Gohan's plummeted after getting a few. I really wish Bojack actually dropped other medals.

Those Goku medals have been haunting me. I've been stuck at 7 for a week now. drat you Jackie Chun just work with me here.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Is this as absurd as R TEQ Kid Gohan, but on some higher level and Dokkan-able?

Because if so that's nuts.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

It might have taken a while, but the Gohan has a pretty good drop rate on Hard (and not having to use items/Dragon Stones helped). I'm glad I was patient and got his Super Attack to 10. Now just need to get a rare PHY Kai Medal to awaken him to get him to 80. I also like that in addition to the Super and Regular Sayian Links, he has Z-fighters.

Edit: Although I guess he doesn't have Kamehameha (because he does Soaring Dragon Fist).

Cozz fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 3, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hard's good for getting him? I've been going through my senzu stash on Z-Hard.

Edit: Well, I'm 2/2 on Hard so far. Not bad at all for how easy it is.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 3, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Everyone should grind out this SSJ Gohan. He's crazy powerful for an SR. And for some reason, he levels up REALLY fast. He's a fraction of the cost of that stupid Angel Goku. I haven't even bothered with him.. Now I'm grinding out Bojack tokens to awaken him. Going to take a while...

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Everyone should grind out this SSJ Gohan. He's crazy powerful for an SR. And for some reason, he levels up REALLY fast. He's a fraction of the cost of that stupid Angel Goku. I haven't even bothered with him.. Now I'm grinding out Bojack tokens to awaken him. Going to take a while...

For some reason I have all the Bojack medals I need. All I need is two medals from each of his subordinates, and he's mine.

I want to get him to super level 10 before Dokkan Awakening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

For some reason I have all the Bojack medals I need. All I need is two medals from each of his subordinates, and he's mine.

I want to get him to super level 10 before Dokkan Awakening.

I meant to Z-Awaken Bojack :)

You have to go back and get 12 of everyone. I got all the Gohan medals I needed grinding out the cards.