Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Forever_Peace posted:

Jesus, they gave Perriman an injection of stem cells? That doesn't sound like the sort of thing you do for a pcl sprain. That sounds like the sort of thing you do if you're House and everything else has failed and your patient is about to be a cripple forever.

Seriously that can't be routine can it?

A lot of football players have done it and it's not really a NEW treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Jesus, they gave Perriman an injection of stem cells? That doesn't sound like the sort of thing you do for a pcl sprain. That sounds like the sort of thing you do if you're House and everything else has failed and your patient is about to be a cripple forever.

Seriously that can't be routine can it?

I dont even know if its more of a fad science or if that poo poo actually magically creates tissue it comes into contact with. My dad is getting a stem cell shot this weekend for shoulder pain/fybromyalgia and the old man has been known to take many a snake oil potion in our past. I dont know how effective it is at all.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Benne posted:

The last guy I can think of who had stem cell injections in his knee was Sidney Rice, and that was done in the offseason.

He went on to concuss himself out of the league, but at least he was ready for Week 1. I have no clue what's going on with Perriman,

I have such fond memories of Sidney Rice and his time with Favre.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

So if Luck sits..does that raise or lower Gore's prospects? If it was against the not-Jags it wouldn't be a question but it's the Jags sooo I have no idea

e: actually his backup is Hasselbeck..I think he's goodnot-bad enough to beat the Jags

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 2, 2015

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
A guy in my total points league said he wants to trade a WR for an RB, but I suspect that really he just wants a reliable back considering he drafted both CJ Anderson and LeSean McCoy. Personally, despite popular opinion, I'd like to buy into the Denver backfield before their schedule starts softening up this week.

Would something like this be reasonable? No PPR.

Give Chris Ivory, Brandin Cooks

Receive CJ Anderson, Ronnie Hillman

The dumb Yahoo trade evaluator shows this as a slight improvement for both of us. My other RBs are Forte, Ellington, K. Williams. My other WRs are Hilton, K. Allen, Evans, Moncrief and Martavis Bryant. There are only 2 WR spots and a flex. In a league like this, I feel like making ballsy moves is especially important. The other dude is in last place and struggling to not fall behind right now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

old dog child posted:

So if Luck sits..does that raise or lower Gore's prospects? If it was against the not-Jags it wouldn't be a question but it's the Jags sooo I have no idea

e: actually his backup is Hasselbeck..I think he's goodnot-bad enough to beat the Jags

In terms of arm strength, 2015 Hasselbeck makes 2015 Peyton look like prime-era Favre. Gore should be okay but I'd downgrade Indy's entire passing offense if Luck sits.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
If you are starting players in the Eagles/Redskins game keep an eye on the news for what they're going to do with that game with the hurricane.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

A guy in my total points league said he wants to trade a WR for an RB, but I suspect that really he just wants a reliable back considering he drafted both CJ Anderson and LeSean McCoy. Personally, despite popular opinion, I'd like to buy into the Denver backfield before their schedule starts softening up this week.

Would something like this be reasonable? No PPR.

Give Chris Ivory, Brandin Cooks

Receive CJ Anderson, Ronnie Hillman

The dumb Yahoo trade evaluator shows this as a slight improvement for both of us. My other RBs are Forte, Ellington, K. Williams. My other WRs are Hilton, K. Allen, Evans, Moncrief and Martavis Bryant. There are only 2 WR spots and a flex. In a league like this, I feel like making ballsy moves is especially important. The other dude is in last place and struggling to not fall behind right now.

No, that's overpaying by a good bit. Maybe Ellington and Cooks. Otherwise just Ivory on his own should be plenty.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Agreed your trading Chris Ivory for a weekly gamble on who is going to be the best back in a seemingly poor run offense.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

RVProfootballer posted:

No, that's overpaying by a good bit. Maybe Ellington and Cooks. Otherwise just Ivory on his own should be plenty.

I haven't offered yet. I sort of need to offer two players as I don't have room to drop anyone and would rather just include them in the deal. Ellington and Cooks came up in the trade evaluator as really positive for me and negative for him, but hopefully he realizes those projections are bunk. I think I'm gonna offer it, at least as an icebreaker.

EDIT: I think one of the two will solidify himself as the lead back in Denver in the next couple weeks and become much more valuable.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

pangstrom posted:

If you are starting players in the Eagles/Redskins game keep an eye on the news for what they're going to do with that game with the hurricane.

Yeah this could be terrible for me if they cancel/postpone it. I have three people that need replacing if it happens. I have no good options for replacements either.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The window is open to buy lowish on AB84 after this weekend.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

LmaoTheKid posted:

The window is open to buy lowish on AB84 after this weekend.

the best receiver in the league having one off game does not qualify him as a buy low target.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
Full PPR

Give: Watkins, Stevie Johnson, Decker (or) Martavis Bryant
Get: Emmanuel Sanders

He desperately needs WR depth. I'd end up with Evans, Rishard, Sanders, and Decker/Bryant. This seems OK right? I'm 0-3 and trying to make some moves. I got Bell back and just traded Forsett for Evans. My other RBs are Karlos, Randle, and Gio. Thoughts? No idea if he will go for it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

the best receiver in the league having one off game does not qualify him as a buy low target.

He could have saved his day if he didn't drop that TD. I don't think you'll find anyone panicking after last night.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

TommyGun85 posted:

If you're not doing due diligence, you're not playing this game right. Vick looked like poo poo and while goons might not be panicking, I'm sure plenty of people are not feeling great right now. I said "lowish" but he may have gone to Untouchable to "Trade some good players and depth for him"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Can someone who has actually watched Dolphins games this year tell me how Parker is looking?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Can someone who has actually watched Dolphins games this year tell me how Parker is looking?

the entire team as a whole looks like dogshit due to a number of factors including, but not limited to, the offensive lune being terrible and the absolutely moronic coaching staff.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

Didn't realize Megatron had an off game last week

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Metapod posted:

Didn't realize Megatron had an off game last week

adjust your calendar, its 2015, not 2012.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I just read Landry's player note and it says Buster Skrine is going to cover him this week. :psyduck: Is Revis going to follow Rishard then?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

adjust your calendar, its 2015, not 2012.

Time to accept that Julio is going to be the WR1 this year. He probably would've been anyway, but Vick playing for 4-8 weeks seals it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Time to accept that Julio is going to be the WR1 this year. He probably would've been anyway, but Vick playing for 4-8 weeks seals it.

He gets banged up a lot. Nothing is yet written.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Would anyone do forte for beastmode straight up in half ppr? I would have traded for beast at the start of the year but now he's a little dinged up and forte is The Only Guy in Chicago so he's pretty reliable, as much as the bears suck

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spiking posted:

Would anyone do forte for beastmode straight up in half ppr? I would have traded for beast at the start of the year but now he's a little dinged up and forte is The Only Guy in Chicago so he's pretty reliable, as much as the bears suck

gently caress no.

You'd have to think either Forte is gonna drop off or Lynch was gonna blow up for that to make sense.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MacheteZombie posted:

I just read Landry's player note and it says Buster Skrine is going to cover him this week. :psyduck: Is Revis going to follow Rishard then?

Did you read the rest of that note? It's pretty obvious that someone was just psyching up Skrine, Revis will probably shadow Landry.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Peep this trade:

GET: ODB
GIVE: Lamar Miller, Greg Olsen

My RBs are Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, and Karlos Williams.
My WRs are Dez (:gonk:), Fitz, Keenan Allen, Stevie Johnson, and Marvin Jones.

I picked up Jordan Reed to slide into TE and I think I'm going to drop Stevie for either Woodhead or Matt Jones for RB depth. Which of those two would you go with, standard scoring?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Doltos posted:

Did you read the rest of that note? It's pretty obvious that someone was just psyching up Skrine, Revis will probably shadow Landry.

The CBS guys seem to think Revis will be on Rishard Matthews

edit: but then again lol @ fantasy football experts

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
If you aren't at least trying to land AB get out. His numbers are the lowest they'll be all season atm.

Hopefully my (and your!) league's AB owner goes into panic mode.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
hmm, just noticed my AB owner is without a TE... good idea

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

LmaoTheKid posted:

If you're not doing due diligence, you're not playing this game right. Vick looked like poo poo and while goons might not be panicking, I'm sure plenty of people are not feeling great right now. I said "lowish" but he may have gone to Untouchable to "Trade some good players and depth for him"

I won't say Vick looked great, but I would say his performance was much better than I expected it to be given how he played last year. He made some really good throws (and some bad ones too I'll admit) and that 20+ yard TD should have been caught by Brown. I think with another week of practice with the first team will do him a lot of good. Remember, they had to prepare on a short week for this game so it was expected that he wouldn't look 100% in the offense.

I am less worried about AB after that game than I was before.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
What are peoples thoughts on Fosters status this week? Latest reports are pointing to him playing and not being on a snap count, but idk.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MrSargent posted:

I won't say Vick looked great, but I would say his performance was much better than I expected it to be given how he played last year. He made some really good throws (and some bad ones too I'll admit) and that 20+ yard TD should have been caught by Brown. I think with another week of practice with the first team will do him a lot of good. Remember, they had to prepare on a short week for this game so it was expected that he wouldn't look 100% in the offense.

I am less worried about AB after that game than I was before.

Right, I get all that and that's how a smart owner should think/react. But there are a lot of Not Smart owners in Fantasy and you should be trying to take advantage of that. Hence why I'm saying you should be buying if you can.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

What are peoples thoughts on Fosters status this week? Latest reports are pointing to him playing and not being on a snap count, but idk.

All along it's been said he won't play until he's 100%, so if he's playing, you should start him

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

dat one portagee posted:

Peep this trade:

GET: ODB
GIVE: Lamar Miller, Greg Olsen

My RBs are Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, and Karlos Williams.
My WRs are Dez (:gonk:), Fitz, Keenan Allen, Stevie Johnson, and Marvin Jones.

I picked up Jordan Reed to slide into TE and I think I'm going to drop Stevie for either Woodhead or Matt Jones for RB depth. Which of those two would you go with, standard scoring?

I like it. Olson to Reed is a slight downgrade, and you're probably not starting Miller over most of your RBs. OBJ becomes your WR1 along with Fitz.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I hate being the trade police, usually as long as there is a reasonable chance each team gets better it should be fine. However, what are the thoughts in this trade in a 10 team 2 QB league where you only start 2 WR and 2 RB:

Rodgers for Brees, Alfred Morris, Kendell Wright.

The team that is trading away Rodgers does potentially need a new QB, since their QBs both have the same bye week and they are at the roster limit for QBs so cannot just pick one up. However, this is the first year this player has done fantasy and they do not know anything. This league is shallow enough where Morris and Wright tend to be on the bench/borderline bye week replacements, and at this point Brees is around that level also. I feel the team trading away Rodgers should have at least asked for L. Murrey or something to at least get one improvement out of it, but I don't think it is my job to offer countertrades for trades that I am not in. Any thoughts on this trade? I am tempted to offer Wilson, Maclin, and Doug Martin or something to try and poach the trade, since Wilson better than Brees and obviously Rodgers has a lot of value in a 2 QB league.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I generally feel like the rest of the people here when it comes to trades like that. Unless there is collusion, it doesn't matter how bad the trade is. Feel free to offer him some friendly advice for next time, but bad trades are perfectly legal and should never be overturned.

e: has it actually gone through yet? How would you poach it? If you think he'll take it I'd say go for it.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Scoop up Rodgers by any means nescessary.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Murphy Brownback posted:

I generally feel like the rest of the people here when it comes to trades like that. Unless there is collusion, it doesn't matter how bad the trade is. Feel free to offer him some friendly advice for next time, but bad trades are perfectly legal and should never be overturned.

e: has it actually gone through yet? How would you poach it? If you think he'll take it I'd say go for it.

We are manually voting on it, so I could just email the guy with a counter trade and see if that can go through instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Pain of Mind posted:

I hate being the trade police, usually as long as there is a reasonable chance each team gets better it should be fine. However, what are the thoughts in this trade in a 10 team 2 QB league where you only start 2 WR and 2 RB:

Rodgers for Brees, Alfred Morris, Kendell Wright.

The team that is trading away Rodgers does potentially need a new QB, since their QBs both have the same bye week and they are at the roster limit for QBs so cannot just pick one up. However, this is the first year this player has done fantasy and they do not know anything. This league is shallow enough where Morris and Wright tend to be on the bench/borderline bye week replacements, and at this point Brees is around that level also. I feel the team trading away Rodgers should have at least asked for L. Murrey or something to at least get one improvement out of it, but I don't think it is my job to offer countertrades for trades that I am not in. Any thoughts on this trade? I am tempted to offer Wilson, Maclin, and Doug Martin or something to try and poach the trade, since Wilson better than Brees and obviously Rodgers has a lot of value in a 2 QB league.

Number one reason people complain about unfair trades is because they wish they had made the offer first. If the trade is in the works nothing you can do. There's nothing fishy about the trade as you laid it out.

Pain of Mind posted:

We are manually voting on it, so I could just email the guy with a counter trade and see if that can go through instead.

This on the other hand sounds fishy.

ZIGfried fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 2, 2015

• Locked thread