Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

@KevinI: Just spoke with @danawhite and he said @TWooodley will get the title shot next, fighting Lawler-Condit winner. My post will be live soon.

ugh gently caress...poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I still like Bigg Rigg and I'm sad that he's a lazy fat gently caress out of camp.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Mean Bean Machine posted:

ugh gently caress...poo poo

Nah that's fine because Robbie Lawler will beat the absolute gently caress out of him and it'll be good and cool.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

-Atom- posted:

Man people turned on Hendricks real quick. I remember when he was generally well liked

his run-up to the gsp fight was cool as hell and he legitimately beat everyone in that division for like 2 years before earning his title shot but he's just been slowly chipping away at all the goodwill he accumulated. i also don't remember him having any weight issues before becoming champ.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Dana White promising title shots is about as reliable as Jon Jones saying he's a rehabilitated man

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

-Atom- posted:

Man people turned on Hendricks real quick. I remember when he was generally well liked

Well you see he's now a big "whiner" because he has the audacity to get upset after being robbed of victories. He's doesn't take his losses in stride like Brazilian fan favorites who only lose because they had to fly in business class or BJ penn who tried to prove that noted cheat GSP was slathered in coco butter before their fight by bringing his mother to testify in front of the NSAC.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Who should Johny fight in his Middleweight debut?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

-Atom- posted:

To me it's funny that he made gsp retire in fear and then instantly became a fat lazy whiner

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

-Atom- posted:

He had a really good fight with Condit, then a really good fight with GSP, and that was after knocking out a few contenders in Fitch & Kampmann. Then he had a really cool with fight Lawler. Hendricks from 2011 to the summer of 2014 was some good poo poo.

Since then he's just complained that Rory MacDonald got the title shot, which ended up being on the best welterweight fights ever, and then complained that he had to fight Tyron Woodley, who he will now not be fighting because of his own fuckup, and complained about Carlos Condit fighting for the belt which Johny will probably never do again. Oh yeah and his fight with Brown wasn't very good either.

Also he bought a dumb truck and opened up a bad restaurant. And he was the first big Reebok signed dude. So yeah this past year or so hasn't been good for Johny Hendricks at all. The turn is warranted imo.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Seltzer posted:

Well you see he's now a big "whiner" because he has the audacity to get upset after being robbed of victories. He's doesn't take his losses in stride like Brazilian fan favorites who only lose because they had to fly in business class or BJ penn who tried to prove that noted cheat GSP was slathered in coco butter before their fight by bringing his mother to testify in front of the NSAC.

I still laugh about Hendricks saying he was only giving 70% in the GSP fight and Dana flat out telling him that he should have given the other 30%.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
It is insane to describe bj Penn as a fan favourite

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Trast posted:

I still laugh about Hendricks saying he was only giving 70% in the GSP fight and Dana flat out telling him that he should have given the other 30%.

He said that because it was his first 5 rd fight and he didn't want to gas out which is completely sensible. Dana then got really mad and took the quote out of context

david carmichael posted:

It is insane to describe bj Penn as a fan favourite

He certainly is around here.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I'm not even interested in seeing bj Penn lose pathetically anymore, but I will forever read his hilarious excuses

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

-Atom- posted:

Dana White promising title shots is about as reliable as Jon Jones saying he's a rehabilitated man

LOL true

Who should Johny fight in his Middleweight debut?

Mousasi

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Nog, Shogun, Penn, and Brazilians in general have been mocked far more and far longer for excuses on this board than Hendricks has.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

this was my thought as well.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I always knew Hendricks was full of poo poo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

fatherdog posted:

Nog, Shogun, Penn, and Brazilians in general have been mocked far more and far longer for excuses on this board than Hendricks has.

I'm aware they're mocked and rightfully so. I just find it funny that people that love those guys don't like Hendricks because he's a "whiner".

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
really though someone who knows what's what re: weight cuts was this a case of Johny being a lazy fat poo poo with his diet or something else that he couldn't account for?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
One of the fighters on the mmafighter twitter round up said the kidney stones are a sign of a bad diet. Is that true?

I've known people with bad diets who got them but I'm an American so everyone I know has a bad diet.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Seltzer posted:

I'm aware they're mocked and rightfully so. I just find it funny that people that love those guys don't like Hendricks because he's a "whiner".

I think it's a combination of his whining, struggling with making weight where his solution was to lose Dolce and own a steakhouse, and trying to beat Lawler by sticking his head in his crotch for as long as possible. It's a recent trend.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

really though someone who knows what's what re: weight cuts was this a case of Johny being a lazy fat poo poo with his diet or something else that he couldn't account for?

There are a whole host of causes of both intestinal blockages and kidney stones. However, one of the possible causes for both of them is dehydration, and if Hendricks kept his weight down better he wouldn't have to dehydrate as much or as long.

So you can't say definitively that this was because of his weight between camps, but it does seem likely that it wsa a factor.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Benson Henderson just said on twitter he would gladly fight Woodley on 2 days notice and asks for Woodley to call his bluff on it.

I'd be down to see that match tbh. UFC probably won't do it since they need Bendo to be healthy to headline that November South Korea card AND they probably enjoy embarrassing Hendricks at the moment. But that would be a better option than automatically giving Woodley a title shot and his show + win money for nothing.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i'm surprised more people don't have kidney stones from weight cutting practices but equally it's really funny that the headline is Hendricks rushed to hospital due to dehydration, kidney stones, and also some really hard poo

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Bubba Smith posted:

Benson Henderson just said on twitter he would gladly fight Woodley on 2 days notice and asks for Woodley to call his bluff on it.

I'd be down to see that match tbh. UFC probably won't do it since they need Bendo to be healthy to headline that November South Korea card AND they probably enjoy embarrassing Hendricks at the moment. But that would be a better option than automatically giving Woodley a title shot and his show + win money for nothing.

That's insane and would be cool but I wonder if Woodley would even take that fight.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

There are a whole host of causes of both intestinal blockages and kidney stones. However, one of the possible causes for both of them is dehydration, and if Hendricks kept his weight down better he wouldn't have to dehydrate as much or as long.

So you can't say definitively that this was because of his weight between camps, but it does seem likely that it wsa a factor.

that works and I kind of figured as much.

Bubba Smith posted:

gently caress. yes.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
who said they didnt like hendricks

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Woodley shouldnt ever get close to a title shot, every time he gets on a win streak he should have to face someone like a Rory macdonald who will gently caress him up and expose how bad he is by jabbing him, so this sucks

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bubba Smith posted:

-Atom- posted:

gently caress. yes.

Look at me agreeing with -Atom- twice in one day! :)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Seltzer posted:

Who are these people. Are you doing that thing retards do where you make passionate arguments on this forum against people who aren't on this forum

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I want woodley to refuse the Benson fight and have Dana take his automatic shot away for cowardess

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
agree, woodly sucks

mewse
May 2, 2006

I love BJ Penn.. with almonds

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bundt Cake posted:

who said they didnt like hendricks

Me. I've been extremely vocal about hating him since the gsp drug thing.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Bubba Smith posted:

I wish. That would be a better fight anyway

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Marching Powder posted:

Me. I've been extremely vocal about hating him since the gsp drug thing.

now THAT'S a real reason to hate on Bigg Rigg.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

@MarcRatnerUFC confirmed JH was 20-25 pounds over on Tuesday

The Bigg Nothingg

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I needed a boutique reason to not like Hendricks so i went with disliking him for making the team takedown business model look legitimate.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Bundt Cake posted:

The Bigg Nothingg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Seltzer posted:

He said that because it was his first 5 rd fight and he didn't want to gas out which is completely sensible. Dana then got really mad and took the quote out of context

He certainly is around here.

Oh I know it isn't unreasonable for that situation. I just said it makes me laugh. I haven't watched the fight since seeing it live but I thought Hendricks won on points and that is said as a GSP fan.

Also I'm glad Bendo has regained his cool factor and will fight anyone. Him and Woodley fighting would be worth it for the staredown alone.

• Locked thread