Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Bond helped me when I was like Silver 4 to do top lane and showed me really basic lane stuff but I basically got to gold just from the stuff I learned from 5 minutes with him

I should do some bot lane action with him sometime now that I'm plat 2 to see if he can whip me into diamond shape "down there"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gently caress wind wall

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I don't mind playing vs yasuo because I know 90% of the time im gonna be more useful than him in teamfights (because they won't be there)

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Victorious skin is sivir... expected, but kinda lame nonetheless.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Hey remember when I said the skins were kalista and sivir?

I do.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Kiranamos posted:

Dang I gotta get in on this

Add me

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1967025252/34866927?tab=stats

I was told ezreal was good and could carry.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

gently caress wind wall

More or less this.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Nice sample size

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Hello

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:wink:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Is that lip gloss? What kind of merc wears lip gloss with the equivalent of her BDUs? :cmon:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Methanar posted:

Hey remember when I said the skins were kalista and sivir?

I do.

who didn't say it'd be them tho

I legit thought this was a Starcraft Marine get up at first.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I thought it was sc2 at as well

Still a waste on sivir

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I hope it's just a gold/silver colored version of spectacular sivir

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

why is pepe a woman

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
In case no one is following the worlds thread.

CLG is dominating

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Not the biggest surprise that the two most influential ADCs of the season got those skins

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Should have been Viktorious Viktor

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KamikazePotato posted:

Vi ctorious.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

KamikazePotato posted:

In my heart of hearts that or Azir would have been a delight but now there's a functional full Victorious team

I'm sure the two dudes with Victorious Javan from playing 3s in S1 are so ready too

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Man, you should have put a spoiler alert on that. Braum actually winning a game is a huge plot twist.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Also 3s in S1 was not a real thing Verviticus I won't ever be swayed on that

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
You know, I generally feel like the whole "don't pick a full AD team comp" thing is overrated because half the time the other will just respond with a full AD comp of their own, but I don't know what possesses someone to look at me first picking Malphite and think that their Zed and Yasuo solo lane comp looks smart.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
There is nothing more cathartic on this planet earth than seeing an rear end in a top hat who ruined your last match on the enemy team, and then stomping them

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
mega bored so im streaming my goon norm with the keeb stack:
twitch.tv/lunawashere

e; actually maybe not because im dropping a poo poo load of frames for some reason?????????

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 2, 2015

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

KamikazePotato posted:

There is nothing more cathartic on this planet earth than seeing an rear end in a top hat who ruined your last match on the enemy team, and then stomping them

Almost.

One time I got chewed on by a teammate when I lost lane hard, then in the next game I got grouped with the same guy... who proceeded to get shitstomped by the exact same player who'd dumpstered me in the previous game. Except this time we won because, unlike him, I stayed quiet about our losing lane and carried. :smug:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Im hanging out if anyone wants to play, i saw some mild demand for some games

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

So here's some secret tech for your asses against the bullshit level 2 thing--get inbetween their towers and tank their minions while yours crashes into their tower. Two waves of minions come up and shove your second wave and bam, advantage dumpstered assuming you can get most of the two waves under turret

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Am I the only support player who tries to body block his own creeps sometimes? It doesn't really make much of a difference, but I feel like it helps pull the lane just an eensy weensy bit closer to our tower.

It is part of my "predicting a gank" posture at this point. Am I a idiot

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
You can't really body-block your own creeps in League unlike Dota. Generally the trick to controlling the wave is to gently caress around with how the enemy creeps meet yours by drawing their aggro.

Someone who is actually good can give you a proper explanation, probably

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I mean, you can a LITTLE, though...? If you try to walk the same path the front creep is walking he kind of adjusts to walk around you. Am I a complete psycho or is this a thing that sort of happens?

I could swear I have bought myself a good centimeter with this in the past.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

You can creep block like kinda? They do this thing though if they're stalled out too much they like sprint back in place so I dunno, it's not really a thing you can do like you can in DotA

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

I like the E buff.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Welp you don't carry much harder than this http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1967345910/34336434?tab=overview

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Congrats, my man

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Ignite Memories posted:

Am I the only support player who tries to body block his own creeps sometimes? It doesn't really make much of a difference, but I feel like it helps pull the lane just an eensy weensy bit closer to our tower.

It is part of my "predicting a gank" posture at this point. Am I a idiot

an idiot

Actually though, I had a much more ineffective thing I did, where when I was playing Leona I would place myself over allied creeps health bars/models to try and stop the enemy adc from getting last hits. I realize how absurd it is, but that was S3 where I'd been stuck in Gold 5 for like 80 games and I was getting desperate for any edge...

It kind of worked, because if there's a Leona sitting somewhere you don't want to get to close, but considering the different perspective other players have I doubt I was ever actually obscuring the health bar or model, and it's definitely not better than positioning in a reasoned and logical way for the lane as a whole.

tl;dr, we are all idiots here

or at least I am, lord knows

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I body block minions too, if I can. Any advantage that helps to win, I'll take it, even if it's comparatively small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
OK guys, fess up. Which of you has been playing jungle aatrox in ranked to artificially inflate his winrate and make champion.gg read him as the best jungler right now?

• Locked thread