Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

that's the snake people = snake people extension doing that (caduceus cult = caduceus cult). It also changes Great Ape-Snake War to "The Great Ape-Snake War"

I'm using the extension so I can't tell what the other things are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pointless fact:

Joan Cornella was at a comic shop in nyc on Saturday signing copies of his book and here's what he drew in the flap of mine!

He knows me perfectly!

(he drew p much the same in everyones)

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

this jpg sums up all the text posts in this poo poo thread

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

etalian posted:

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World is the most millennial movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUBVcit5VM

His dream woman is a maniac pixie girl who works in the tech industry.

the phrase is "manic pixie dream girl" ... if youre going to be smug at least know what you are talking about.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Tyson Tomko posted:

Speaking of looms, you're not poo poo unless you messed with rope memory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_rope_memory

He's out of clean clothes and instead of learning how to do laundry he said he's just going to buy new clothes every day after work for the next day of work until they come home.

My wife does my laundry so I can't complain too much but holy poo poo if she's gone for a while I know how to wash my own poo poo.

Does he just not know that it's basically just pressing a few labeled buttons? There's a big ol' cultural meme about bachelors knowing or not knowing how to do laundry, so maybe he took that and assumed there are hidden secrets beyond the buttons and vaguely separating loads? Even if you do it wrong your clothes will still work, like what does he think is going to happen?

Also "LOL memory"

Anyway, to further the unfocused nature of the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZPcy2WSPRM

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

etalian posted:

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World is the most millennial movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUBVcit5VM

His dream woman is a maniac pixie girl who works in the tech industry.

Beef Turret posted:

The most millenial movie is the Matrix where you can be a badass super hacker who magically realizes his true potential and gets the girl without any hard work

The TRUE millennial movie is every girlie teenage romance movie made since about 1996 upto 2010.

Every one has some ugly duckling main char but who is rich as poo poo usually but has minor problems like not having a boyfriend for the prom.
And ends up being liked by the popular click and getting everything handed to her.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.

Justin Tyme posted:

Not disagreeing, soldiers are incredibly lazy and mostly inept. But it's stupid easy to get way ahead in life by joining the military unless you already are a trust fund baby or something. Typically Joe spends all his money on cars and strip clubs and alcohol, but if you can plan ahead, it's probably one of the best means of upward mobility there is. You don't even need to do anything to offend liberal sensibilities, you can be a finance clerk/veterinarian services (food tester) or in the coast guard or something. That's the best thing about the military, infantrymen get paid the exact same amount (in general) as water purification dudes and everyone gets the same GI Bill.

This man unironically gets it. And if you actually want to have opportunities to have a great time in places you couldn't normally afford to go, the Navy does a LOT of travelling.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

plain blue jacket posted:

Congratulations on being slightly less revolting than your coworker

Congratulations on being saddled with washing clothes.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
“And yet all the while, at the bottom of his heart, every-one knows
that this is humbug. We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few
people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important
fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a
secret conviction that nothing can be changed. “
–George Orwell, Road to Wigan Pier

More wisdom.

E. Wrong thread I think, sorry y'all.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

“And yet all the while, at the bottom of his heart, every-one knows
that this is humbug. We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few
people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important
fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a
secret conviction that nothing can be changed. “
–George Orwell, Road to Wigan Pier

More wisdom.

E. Wrong thread I think, sorry y'all.

No its just the right thread

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
Had a millennial knock on my door today.

He was driving a riced-up Toyota Celica, had neck tats and a weird cap.
When I answered, he said "I'm from Craigslist to get the giraffe from Tina".
I guess I must have looked a bit "are you making GBS threads me?", because he then said "This is number 8 right?".

Now interestingly, when I moved in to this house, I made sure that our house number was clearly distinguishable. I installed a bollard at the end of the drive, painted it black and white strips and added glow in the dark numerals to make it as clear as possible. I also painted the number on my dark blue door in nice white paint.

Guess what....it ain't number 8.

He was waving his wallet at me when I pointed to the nicely painted numeral on the door.

Note, there wasn't a greeting or an apology or anything. He walked back to his car muttering something about Google maps.

I honestly can't tell if he really was trying to buy something, or if this was some elaborate version of knock-down-ginger/ding-dong-ditch.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

goomsnarr posted:

I guess I must have looked a bit "are you making GBS threads me?", because he then said "This is number 8 right?".

Now interestingly, when I moved in to this house, I made sure that our house number was clearly distinguishable. I installed a bollard at the end of the drive, painted it black and white strips and added glow in the dark numerals to make it as clear as possible. I also painted the number on my dark blue door in nice white paint.

He was waving his wallet at me when I pointed to the nicely painted numeral on the door.

Note, there wasn't a greeting or an apology or anything. He walked back to his car muttering something about Google maps.

I honestly can't tell if he really was trying to buy something, or if this was some elaborate version of knock-down-ginger/ding-dong-ditch.

he was sizing you up for a home invasion, have fun tonight .

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

goomsnarr posted:

Man you're gonna have PTSD

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

goomsnarr posted:

Are you seeing anyone about your autism

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Are you seeing anyone about your autism

what's the deal behind your username anyway

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

les fleurs du mall posted:

Cats and Faust, I'm guessing

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Bregor posted:

Cats and Faust, I'm guessing

what's your avatar about too?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

https://screen.yahoo.com/peoples-court-000000848.html

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

what's this?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

dogstile posted:

Congratulations on being saddled with washing clothes.

I have a washing machine so I don't actually have to wash anything by hand. I'd recommend you get one too as they're really useful and time saving devices.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

An old SNL sketch where Jon Lovitz plays the devil being on The People's Court and Phil Hartman is the judge and yells "mister Mephistopheles" at him a lot but the unabbreviated version was too long for the username character limit

Now you know

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

An old SNL sketch where Jon Lovitz plays the devil being on The People's Court and Phil Hartman is the judge and yells "mister Mephistopheles" at him a lot but the unabbreviated version was too long for the username character limit

Now you know

why though

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

A lot of websites have username character limits. It's a database thing.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Your username is a pun on baudelaire's les fleurs du mal. It's unreadable 19th century bad french poetry.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Lol, remember when sharing meant "parting with your possessions in favor of someone else" and not "showing everyone how better off you're doing than them"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Are you trying to be a poor man's I.N.R.I. or something?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

notZaar posted:

Are you trying to be a poor man's I.N.R.I. or something?

im just trying to be your friend

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Oregon shooter was a millennial. Makes u think

Bregor
May 31, 2013

what's your avatar about too?

Ron loving Swanson, friend

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Now you know

Oh poo poo I was way off. Forgot about that bit but it's a great one

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

because Phil Hartman angrily yelling "mister mephistopheles" and Jon Lovitz in a drugstore devil costume are both really really funny to me

Bregor posted:

Oh poo poo I was way off. Forgot about that bit but it's a great one

real talk

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darth123123 posted:

The Oregon shooter was a millennial. Makes u think

community college can add mass shooters to the list of weirdos

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

plain blue jacket posted:

I have a washing machine so I don't actually have to wash anything by hand. I'd recommend you get one too as they're really useful and time saving devices.

Lol if you think "My x does the washing" means anything else than she puts it in the washing machine. Do you associate with poors or something?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Watch the vid to see middle-aged sportscasters mercilessly harassing a sorority.
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/21753540/v511523483/colari-fans-are-having-a-blast-taking-some-selfies

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ghlbtsk posted:

Watch the vid to see middle-aged sportscasters mercilessly harassing a sorority.
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/21753540/v511523483/colari-fans-are-having-a-blast-taking-some-selfies

lmao

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

ghlbtsk posted:

Hahahaha

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
millennial hipster cuck caramel macchiato

Mister Lonely
Oct 3, 2015

by Ralp

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

ghlbtsk posted:

Good on them for finding a way to make the miserable grind of being at a live baseball game somewhat less insufferable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Lonely
Oct 3, 2015

by Ralp

ghlbtsk posted:

It's baseball who cares. If some guy dragged me to one of those things I would be doing the same thing.

• Locked thread