Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

My point is that the base concept of sexualities here is different, where one involves a human being that has the ability to consent to sex at some point in some hypothetical, and one involves one that cannot. The reason there's not news about rapists all the time (except for all the times there are I guess) is because we don't have people going 'you know, rapists are bad, but the problem is they literally can't help but want to rape'.

I didn't know you were thought police. Do you understand the difference between "wants" and "does"? 30-50% of the population have rape fantasies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OwlFancier posted:

There are people who say that though? And they're loving abhorrent?

Also there's the whole concept of rape culture which suggests that a significant portion of rape occurs because it is normalized, which points to a social cause for rape, and suggests that rape can be reduced or even eliminated for the most part by better social conditioning to get it into people's heads that, whatever they might want and whatever ifs or buts they might try to weasel in there, rape is unacceptable.

Ok I'm not sure if I'm not being clear here or what.

People, in this thread and elsewhere, say that these people are hardwired like any other sexuality. The problem with that is if that's the case then pretty much nothing will work for them sexually other than sexualizing children and that's probably not an awesome idea.

No one, other than I guess absolute lunatics, have claimed that rape is a sexual orientation, and the literal only way someone can enjoy sex without having a whole host of other mental illnesses is to rape someone. I'm not somehow arguing that rape culture doesn't exist or whatever, I'm saying there isn't anyone who matters making a case that a rapist literally has no choice in wanting to rape people and only rape people.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

People, in this thread and elsewhere, say that these people are hardwired like any other sexuality. The problem with that is if that's the case then pretty much nothing will work for them sexually other than sexualizing children and that's probably not an awesome idea.

No one, other than I guess absolute lunatics, have claimed that rape is a sexual orientation, and the literal only way someone can enjoy sex without having a whole host of other mental illnesses is to rape someone. I'm not somehow arguing that rape culture doesn't exist or whatever, I'm saying there isn't anyone who matters making a case that a rapist literally has no choice in wanting to rape people and only rape people.

Therefore what? I don't think your average rapist has a sexual identity any healthier than a pedophile's.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Sexualizing children is gross but it isn't a moral issue until someone gets hurt by it, it's not a good idea but I don't see really what the alternative is. You can't identify paedophiles on sight, they sort of have to out themselves to some degree. They aren't going to do that voluntarily if they think it'll get them killed or make them nonfunctional in society. You also can't really identify them other than when they commit crimes without an understanding of why they occur and how they function, which is also incompatible with the whole shoot/imprison them on sight approach.

So a purely punitive approach is limited to waiting for paedophiles to molest children, waiting to learn they've done that (as they're probably not advertising it) and then killing them or locking them up. Which doesn't really stop children being molested, because you have this big lag time between when they become detectable and when you can do something about it, even with hypothetical anti-pedo death squads.

Harsh punishment and little else just isn't a good crime prevention measure. It never has been. There's always social factors which cause people to commit crime, if child molestation is a big problem (and I'd say it probably is, certainly big enough to warrant a new approach) then it should get the best possible opposition we can give it, yes? That's going to have to involve figuring out why people do it and why they think it's ok to do it, and treating those problems. Just shooting everyone who does it doesn't actually change anything, because people don't learn by being shot or having other people shot. Except possibly how to be less obvious.

So with that in mind I think a necessary first step is to start treating paedophilia like a mental illness rather than a crime. Child molestation is the crime but simply feeling an inclination towards it is mental illness and should be treated like it. Secure hospitals are appropriate for people with violent fantasies but it should be with the goal of understanding what causes the illness and how to prevent it forming, and controlling the symptoms. There are lots of mental illnesses which can lead people to become violent and they aren't effectively treated by shooting people for having them.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 2, 2015

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm sure there is a compulsive rapist out there though that feels that way. He's probably locked up for being a criminal sociopath. Any pedophile rapists probably are too. But here's the thing, guy in the OP aside, there are in theory many poeple out there attracted to children in a way they don't like but can't control who never do anything about it. It doesn't matter why or how they came to be this way, they are out there. Maybe they are suffering OCD like this guy:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/culturally-speaking/201212/could-i-be-pedophile-the-worst-kind-ocd

or maybe uncle jerry touched them and when he got out of jail and tried to visit something inside just snapped. Whatever it is, when we stigmatize them to the degree that people are openly calling for murder it makes it hard or impossible for them to seek help.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I'll say iy again: realdolls for pedos. How much does a year of therapy cost? And what is that even going to accomplish? Pray the pedo away? Naw. Just give them a sexual outlet if they're willing to come out and identify. It's gross but it's way less gross than loving kids. For the price of a year of useless therapy you could buy them a nice full featured realistic fuckdoll that will last...I don't actually know what the average mileage you can get out of a realdoll is but probably at least 5 years.

Then if they diddle a real kid, harsh penalties obv.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I'll say iy again: realdolls for pedos. How much does a year of therapy cost? And what is that even going to accomplish? Pray the pedo away? Naw. Just give them a sexual outlet if they're willing to come out and identify. It's gross but it's way less gross than loving kids. For the price of a year of useless therapy you could buy them a nice full featured realistic fuckdoll that will last...I don't actually know what the average mileage you can get out of a realdoll is but probably at least 5 years.

Aren't you basing your assessment of the effectiveness of therapy on the reports of one guy who wasn't even a doctor working in one location? Not exactly the best source to base a policy on.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

MGTen posted:

So, I used to work for a non-profit that provided the services people claim don’t exist and don’t work. Specifically, I was a live-in caregiver for a group home for pedophiles and sex offenders. I worked there for a couple of years before burning out and quitting--strangely, working with those people all day is emotionally exhausting--but it did give me a bit of insight into the actual way treatment functions.

Now, keep in mind that I’m not a psychologist and I don’t have any insight into the scientific side of things. My job was essentially to be a warm body that could stay at the house and provide supervision, assist with their safe integration into the community, and generally help them do day-to-day tasks like transport them to therapy sessions, track their meds, make sure they were sticking to their treatment plan, etc. I also haven’t worked in the field for ten years, so I might not be up to date on the latest approaches and treatments. This is strictly my experiences about something that a lot of people in this thread seem to either not be aware of or not understand very well.

The first thing to note is pretty simple: treatment programs for pedophiles and other sex offenders exist. They were not super common when I was working in the field, I was living in one of the largest cities in the state at the time and we were the only place that really offered a treatment program, but they do exist. They’re just invisible a lot of the time. The non-profit I worked for was actually not strictly dedicated to caring for sex offenders. They provided live-in care services to people with physical and mental disabilities. So, it wasn’t exactly advertised to the public that we operated group homes filled with rapists and people attracted to children. And our situation was similar with the therapists we worked with; there were actually about four or five in the area that provided one-on-one and group therapy sessions for our clients, but it wasn’t something they advertised in the phone book. In general, most of our clients came from either a therapist referring them to our service, family referrals in cases where a family member had guardianship, and compulsory treatment programs as a condition of probation or parole.

Now, the people that bitch “well, you can’t cure people of sexual attraction” are sort of right. The program made no promises to cure people and was pretty open about the fact that our clients would always have to deal with these urges. The point of the treatment plans was to prevent our clients from offending or engaging in behavior that would escalate into offense. An average client had a one-on-one meeting with their therapist every other week, where they usually talked about their problems and practiced techniques to avoid dangerous patterns of thought and behavior, and a weekly group session where they discussed their treatment and problems in a supervised, open and encouraging environment that held them accountable for their behavior. A great number of them were on various medications, both drug therapies that reduced sexual urges and other medications to treat the various mental disorders that had a high co-morbidity with this sort of thing, and all of them had a certain level of monitoring that was evaluated monthly--based on tracked behavior, recommendation of staff, and recommendation of their therapists--that ranged from 24/7 live-in care to daily check-up visits.

The clients had to basically give up any sort of privacy. The staff was expected to act reasonably and with cause, but everything was basically monitored. Internet was the biggest thing. Most clients were restricted to only getting online at certain times of day and there was heavy restrictions on what they could and could not do online. There was one client that was very upset that he wasn’t allowed to have a BitTorrent client on his computer, claiming that he just wanted to download music. It was a constant fight and I had to uninstall BitTorrent something like five times before he was given an ultimatum: disconnect the Internet or leave the program. I think it was something like three or four months of taking him to the library to use the computer--while I stood behind him and made sure he was just reading webcomics and sending emails--before he got permission to have a personal Internet connection again.

The “leave the program” card might not sound like a big deal, but for a lot of our clients it was. Most of the people we worked with didn’t want to leave the program for various reasons. For a lot of them it was selfish. They either were on some sort of probation or parole that required they stay in the program or their families were demanding they stay there--usually when their family was the one paying their living expenses--but a few just wanted to stay because they honestly wanted treatment. Of course, their noble sentiments wouldn’t stop them from being a bunch of rationalizing weasels from time to time...

And that’s what burned me out of working for the program. The way the program worked might remind people of the more extreme sort of addiction therapy--lots of cognitive behavior therapy, remove temptations and negative influences, accountability, monitoring, etc.--and one reason for that is that the clients suffered from similar behaviors of “seeking” and rationalization. We had one client that suddenly started spending his weekly entertainment allowance at the bookstore, carefully picking out stacks of novels. We didn’t think anything about it, they were all general fiction from the adult section so it seemed on the up and up, until someone noticed that he was only buying books with kids on the cover. His defense was one that you usually hear and might be familiar to some of you: “I don’t see what the big deal is. I’m not hurting anyone and I just like reading about kids because I love children. I would never hurt them.”

Now, I don’t know what the actual research about this is, but according to what the actual doctors we worked with said, this was a load of crap. It usually starts with small, easily rationalized “seeking” behaviors: buying media that features children, walking by playgrounds or parks where children play, or other behavior they can claim is harmless. But after awhile this behavior inevitably escalates as the initial thrill they get from that isn’t enough and they end up offending. This is why the people that claim that stuff like the anime pedo poo poo is harmless are full of it, btw. It just provokes further escalations in predatory behavior. We saw this sort of cycle happen a lot and it can be pretty frustrating to deal with.

Does that mean there’s no hope for these people? Not really. I mean, it’s not loving easy by any means but there were small success stories here and there. I know of a couple of guys that have successfully gone decades without incidents and one guy even managed to transition into a healthy long-term relationship with someone his own age. There’s always the chance that they might backslide, I suppose, and I’ll be honest that I don’t know much about the actual recidivism rates of past offenders participating in a program, but it seemed to be pretty effective and was a lot more ethical than the “eternal punishment/kill ‘em all” approach some people seem to favor.

Dude. Thank you for sharing, but holy gently caress.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Robotnik Nudes posted:

All I see that doing is helping the pedophile bring their urges to the front, at which point a lot of little kids are suddenly "trying to explore their sexuality".

OwlFancier posted:

So a purely punitive approach is limited to waiting for paedophiles to molest children, waiting to learn they've done that (as they're probably not advertising it) and then killing them or locking them up. Which doesn't really stop children being molested, because you have this big lag time between when they become detectable and when you can do something about it, even with hypothetical anti-pedo death squads.
It'll prevent further acts of molestation by that pedophile though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It'll prevent further acts of molestation by that pedophile though.

So does institutionalization. Somewhat more expensive, perhaps, but possibly more productive.

"Welp, he raped a kid, shoot him. Why does this keep happening?" seems like an unhelpful approach.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
This was link to me some time ago, found it again now:

http://www.upworthy.com/this-19-year-old-pedophile-has-never-gone-near-a-child-and-he-needs-you-to-hear-his-story

It's a podcast about a kid who figured out he's a paedo, went to a shrink about it, and the shrink literally not believing him first and then telling him "Nope! can't help you".

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Nevvy Z posted:

Aren't you basing your assessment of the effectiveness of therapy on the reports of one guy who wasn't even a doctor working in one location? Not exactly the best source to base a policy on.

More on the simply fact you can't therapize away someone's sexual orientation. Also just telling them day after day year after year to repress it, don't think about it don't do anything is probably not the healthiest thing around.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

All I see that doing is helping the pedophile bring their urges to the front, at which point a lot of little kids are suddenly "trying to explore their sexuality".
This does not seem to follow but you're welcome to try to explain what you mean.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

A big problem with pedophiles sis they're still human and still have a need to sexual release/satisfaction on some level and denying them that entirely isn't going to help the issue and probably just exacerbates it. There needs to be some kind of safe socially responsible release valve that doesn't harm irl kids, like the production of irl child porn does.I dunno, just seems to me like, gross and weird as it sounds, loli manga and kiddie sexbots are the sane socially responsible solution, especially when the other proposed options seem to be either useless or probably human rights violations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Robotnik Nudes posted:

More on the simply fact you can't therapize away someone's sexual orientation. Also just telling them day after day year after year to repress it, don't think about it don't do anything is probably not the healthiest thing around.

I think there's a difference between stigmatizing someone's sexuality and getting them not to act on it.

The whole comparison to pray the gay away rubbish is not quite accurate because the goal there is to stop people thinking about gay stuff and telling them they'll be tortured for eternity if they do. Also they're not psychologists and have no idea how people work.

There's a difference between that and "Your sexual proclivity is fine, it's going to make your life hard but there's nothing wrong with feeling the way you feel, but you can't under any circumstance act on those feelings with a child. You as a person are not evil, so long as you don't hurt people. Other than that you can do whatever you want, same as the rest of us."

Which is entirely true, it's gross but as you say, making people feel like they're satan incarnate for something they probably can't help feeling is not a constructive way to treat them, and is going to do nothing to encourage them to integrate with and value the esteem of society. Without that integration they have minimal need to follow the customs of that society and are more likely to end up raping some poor kid.

You may not be able to change people's sexuality but you don't need to, you just need them to be somewhat celibate, which is something people are more than capable of doing.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Robotnik Nudes posted:

This does not seem to follow but you're welcome to try to explain what you mean.
The connection between children and sex is going to be even more strongly pronounced in someone who routinely gently caress a child sex doll.

OwlFancier posted:

So does institutionalization. Somewhat more expensive, perhaps, but possibly more productive.

"Welp, he raped a kid, shoot him. Why does this keep happening?" seems like an unhelpful approach.
Tell me how institutionalization of child molesters prevents child molestation, where their death does not.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Tell me how institutionalization of child molesters prevents child molestation, where their death does not.

Study and research on them, their lives, their brains, their genetics, their psychology, can help to identify why paedophilia exists and why people feel able to commit child rape, with a view to finding preventative measures for both.

Shooting them doesn't really do any of that.

The considered response to a recurring problem should not be to keep shoving it under the rug, it should be to figure out why it keeps recurring.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The connection between children and sex is going to be even more strongly pronounced in someone who routinely gently caress a child sex doll.

Pretty sure the connection between kids and sex is already strongly pronounced for people who have an orientation towards sex with kids.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Pretty sure the connection between kids and sex is already strongly pronounced for people who have an orientation towards sex with kids.

Do you have any sort of studies that suggest throwing a child sex toy at pedophiles reduces the likelihood of their committing an offense?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Robotnik Nudes posted:

A big problem with pedophiles sis they're still human and still have a need to sexual release/satisfaction on some level and denying them that entirely isn't going to help the issue and probably just exacerbates it. There needs to be some kind of safe socially responsible release valve that doesn't harm irl kids, like the production of irl child porn does.I dunno, just seems to me like, gross and weird as it sounds, loli manga and kiddie sexbots are the sane socially responsible solution, especially when the other proposed options seem to be either useless or probably human rights violations.

FWIW apparently the majority of them aren't exclusively attracted to children, so it's not like they can't live normal lives. The ones that can't, welp. I've no idea.

OwlFancier posted:

Study and research on them, their lives, their brains, their genetics, their psychology, can help to identify why paedophilia exists and why people feel able to commit child rape, with a view to finding preventative measures for both.

The considered response to a recurring problem should not be to keep shoving it under the rug, it should be to figure out why it keeps recurring.

This, really, is what needs to happen before kiddie sexbots. Then we can decide if that's a solution or not.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

SedanChair posted:

Do you have any sort of studies that suggest throwing a child sex toy at pedophiles reduces the likelihood of their committing an offense?

I don't think there's probably been any research on it, which makes my conjecture as good as anybody else's.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SedanChair posted:

quote:

Most significantly, they found that the number of reported cases of child sex abuse dropped markedly immediately after the ban on sexually explicit materials was lifted in 1989. In both Denmark and Japan, the situation is similar: Child sex abuse was much lower than it was when availability of child pornography was restricted.

https://www.springer.com/about+springer/media/springer+select?SGWID=0-11001-6-1042321-0

Here's one. Of course, for every one like this I find, I can probably also find one that says the exact opposite, which is why it's crucial more research on this gets done.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Replace the word paedophile with psychopath and loving kids with murdering people. Should we provide psychopaths with real dolls to disembowel and stab? Slasher flicks for them to fantasize about? A paedophile, whether they offend or not has a deep seated desire to cause an incredible amount of suffering to people. Children specifically. Nothing about that should be tolerated on any level. When we learn that someone has really strong urges to kill or torture people for pleasure we institutionalize them until they are deemed to not have those urges anymore whether or not they have ever killed someone.

Actually you know what? Many paedophiles are worse in some respects than a psychopath. A psychopath at least understands that the victim does not enjoy what is happening to them and did not want it to happen. There are quotes here where paedophiles seem to hold the delusional belief that children want to gently caress them back.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Truga posted:

FWIW apparently the majority of them aren't exclusively attracted to children, so it's not like they can't live normal lives. The ones that can't, welp. I've no idea.

This, really, is what needs to happen before kiddie sexbots. Then we can decide if that's a solution or not.

We don't know what causes any sexual orientation in general let alone pedophilia specifically. Understanding the causes for one sexual orientation would be tied up in understanding ALL of sexual orientation. I personally find it laughable that we'll ever develop a truly objective understanding of such, but if we do it'll happen a good long while after sex robots are on the market.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Robotnik Nudes posted:

We don't know what causes any sexual orientation in general let alone pedophilia specifically. Understanding the causes for one sexual orientation would be tied up in understanding ALL of sexual orientation. I personally find it laughable that we'll ever develop a truly objective understanding of such, but if we do it'll happen a good long while after sex robots are on the market.

If research shows kiddie sexbots aren't helping (and they exist, today), then that's not a solution. Sexuality doesn't matter, we just need the numbers.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

No one said anything about shooting.

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Taking your thoughts and making them actions is definitely going to create connections in the brain which didn't exist before.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Truga posted:

If research shows kiddie sexbots aren't helping (and they exist, today), then that's not a solution. Sexuality doesn't matter, we just need the numbers.

I agree. I'm in favor of a solution, even if it feels yucky. But the post I was responding to you responding to was about trying to understand what makes pedos pedos. Tbh I don't care and doubt we can figure it out but we can at least mitigate the damage.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

No one said anything about shooting.

Executing them more expensively then, if you prefer?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Also why not shooting? Firing squads are more humane, honorable and awesome than lethal injection or the chair.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I agree. I'm in favor of a solution, even if it feels yucky. But the post I was responding to you responding to was about trying to understand what makes pedos pedos. Tbh I don't care and doubt we can figure it out but we can at least mitigate the damage.

You don't care enough even to familiarize yourself with existing research. Your being "in favor of a solution" amounts to nothing.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Taking your thoughts and making them actions is definitely going to create connections in the brain which didn't exist before.

The inability to discern fantasy from the real deal is a very real disorder called Schizophrenia, which we do have treatment programmes for, though.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

SedanChair posted:

You don't care enough even to familiarize yourself with existing research. Your being "in favor of a solution" amounts to nothing.

If you have some enlightening data you're welcome to come tribute it to the discussion.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Truga posted:

The inability to discern fantasy from the real deal is a very real disorder called Schizophrenia, which we do have treatment programmes for, though.
Simulated child sex is not fantasy though, it's real. The pedophile is going to be creating memories which directly link children and sex, in a much more physical and real sense than their fantasies.

OwlFancier posted:

Well, there is always your suggestion of vivisection.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Robotnik Nudes posted:

If you have some enlightening data you're welcome to come tribute it to the discussion.

Picture me gesturing broadly to literature in the mental health disciplines and intoning "help yourself."

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

SedanChair posted:

Picture me gesturing broadly to literature in the mental health disciplines and intoning "help yourself."

That's a fancy way of saying you have no clue.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

OwlFancier posted:

What if after all that we confirm what we basically already understand, which is that they are inherently broken and there's nothing short of eugenics that is going to stop them from existing?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Well, there is always your suggestion of vivisection.

I don't believe there is generally much medical reason to do that while people are alive.

Tezzor posted:

What if after all that we confirm what we basically already understand, which is that they are inherently broken and there's nothing short of eugenics that is going to stop them from existing?

Then we engage in eugenics like we do for other genetically transmissible conditions?

I'm not sure "inherently broken" is much of a diagnosis though.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Robotnik Nudes posted:

That's a fancy way of saying you have no clue.

No, it's a fancy way of saying that I have familiarized myself with some of this stuff, you haven't, and you won't read anything that is not in the form of a post.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

OwlFancier posted:

I don't believe there is generally much medical reason to do that while people are alive.

Then we engage in eugenics like we do for other genetically transmissible conditions?

I'm not sure "inherently broken" is much of a diagnosis though.

Well what about the people who don't get the tests or don't want to abort their futurepedo fetus for whatever reason? And even if we get 100% compliance tomorrow there will be already-existing pedos running around for decades.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tezzor posted:

Well what about the people who don't get the tests or don't want to abort their futurepedo fetus for whatever reason? And even if we get 100% compliance tomorrow there will be already-existing pedos running around for decades.

If we got 100% compliance then the problem would resolve itself within a century.

As to whether it should be mandatory, depends, I suppose, on whether you view childbirth as an inalienable human right. Humans already have the right to reproduce without regard to the wellbeing of their child or others, so apparently the answer is "oh well" but if you would like to advance a different view you are of course free to do so.

It is not a perfect solution as it doesn't immediately stop the problem this second but if you have an option which does that please share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Eugenics is totally a good idea. That hasn't ever caused any problems in society worse than pedophilia.

• Locked thread