Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Xenoblade's not violent, or good. Devil's Third is extremely violent and extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Xenoblade's not violent, or good. Devil's Third is extremely violent and extremely good.

Devil's Third has a lower score than the Hotel Transylvania videogame. It's in the 30's.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Taint Reaper posted:

Devil's Third has a lower score than the Hotel Transylvania videogame. It's in the 30's.

Oh no, is it bad?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Fix posted:

Oh no, is it bad?

I know you were looking forward to that hotel transylvania game, sorry dude :/

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fix posted:

Oh no, is it bad?

When I see a game getting 2's and 3's you know it's a catastrophe. Like legendary bad.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Taint Reaper posted:

When I see a game getting 2's and 3's you know it's a catastrophe. Like legendary bad.

Will you be buying a copy of Devil's Third, The Taint Reaper?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am getting Xenoblade for sure but for now you can pre-download Wooly World off the eshop

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

AfroLine posted:

I am getting Xenoblade for sure but for now you can pre-download Wooly World off the eshop

Is Wooly World supposed to have a Prime discount on Amazon like Mario Maker did?

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
e: wrong thread!

mamelon fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 2, 2015

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Spintzel posted:

Lego Dimensions looks like a super cool rear end game. It makes me wish we had an amiibo game like that. I would love to use my amiibo to jump around different Nintendo worlds

the world of Azaroth, where heroes like waluigi do battle...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

People get eaten, and stabbed by like 10 foot spikes, what the hell else do you want?

Also, AC Amiibo cards work for That Amiibo Tap game. Lottie unlocked Kirby's adventure for me. And Gigi showed me that I'm 100% poo poo at classic Mario games.

Jesus Christ I beat Dark Souls 1 and 2 and Bloodborne, and killed all of the monsters on MH Tri and I got killed by the first Goomba. gently caress me.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Anora posted:

People get eaten, and stabbed by like 10 foot spikes, what the hell else do you want?

Also, AC Amiibo cards work for That Amiibo Tap game. Lottie unlocked Kirby's adventure for me. And Gigi showed me that I'm 100% poo poo at classic Mario games.

Jesus Christ I beat Dark Souls 1 and 2 and Bloodborne, and killed all of the monsters on MH Tri and I got killed by the first Goomba. gently caress me.

I'm pretty sure that goomba has killed more than almost any other baddie, so don't feel too bad. It's very formidable.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

What wireless router is everybody using with their Wii U that works well? Obviously wired using an adapter or w/e is best, but my internet is setup on the other side of a ~30 foot room, and I don't wanna run a cord that far at the moment.

Right now, whenever somebody gets on the wireless at all, like even turns a laptop on, it completely craps out the connection (fully disconnects from Splatoon, for instance), and I'm at my wits loving end. Really just wanna spend $50-100 on the best router in that range for the Wii U, which is all I really use wireless for at all anyway, that will keep me splatting without constant disconnects.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Tatsuta Age posted:

What wireless router is everybody using with their Wii U that works well? Obviously wired using an adapter or w/e is best, but my internet is setup on the other side of a ~30 foot room, and I don't wanna run a cord that far at the moment.

Right now, whenever somebody gets on the wireless at all, like even turns a laptop on, it completely craps out the connection (fully disconnects from Splatoon, for instance), and I'm at my wits loving end. Really just wanna spend $50-100 on the best router in that range for the Wii U, which is all I really use wireless for at all anyway, that will keep me splatting without constant disconnects.

I'm using a Time Capsule as my wireless router and that doesn't give me any problems.

But obviously, that's a super-expensive choice, and only good if you've got one of more apple laptops in your home.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You'll probably want to look instead into those ethernet over electricity adapters. I heard some guys on NeoGAF saying it solved their networking Splatoon issues completely without long cables everywhere.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tatsuta Age posted:

Yes you do. You can get a 50' flat ethernet cable for under $15 from Amazon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How does abandoned, orphan, son of a stork and an italian, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in Yoshi's Island by providence, impoverished, in squalor, grow up to be a hero and a doctor?

The overaller shroom-father without a father, got a lot farther by working a lot harder, by being a lot smarter, by being a self-starter, by fourteen, they placed him in charge of Gorilla charters

And every day while Toads were being slaughtered and placed inside of stones, he struggled and kept pipes from being overgrown.
Inside, he was longing for something to be a part of, the brother was ready to beg, steal, borrow, or barter.

Then a shellcreeper came, and devastation reigned, our man saw himself slip slippin down the drain, to a mushroom land where flowers made his hands full of power, grand, stomped his first goombas on the mushroom plain, a start to his great fame.

Well the word, got around, they said "These bros are insane, man", they collected lots of coins just to send him to the mainland, "Save our princess quickly, don't forget from whence you came, and the world's gonna know your names, what's you name?"

Mario M. Mario.
My name is Mario M. Mario.
You haven't seen me drive a kart yet yo,
But just you wait, just you wait.

When he was ten his Yoshi split, full of it, debt-ridden, two years later, see Mario and Luigi bed-ridden, half dead, sittin in their bed sick, the scent thick, and Mario got better but Luigi went quick.

Moved in with a Thwomp but the thwomp committed boo-icide, left him with nothing but ruined pride, something new inside, a voice saying "You gotta fend for yourself", he started retreatin and readin bout ballistics of a shell

There would have been nothin left to do for someone less astute he would have been dead or destitute without a cent of restitution, started slummin, plumbing for his late brother's landlord, fixing all the pipes in lots of houses that he can't afford scammin for every book he can get his hands on, plannin for the future see him now as he stands on a large airship scrollin to a new land! In Mushroom Kingdom you can be a new man!

Mario M. Mario, we are saving these P. Wings for you. You could never back down, you never learned to take your time! Oh Mario M .Mario, when Sarasaland sings for you, will they know what you overcame? Will they know you rewrote the game? The world will never be the same, oh,

Airship is in the harbor now, see if you can spot him, another immigrant coming up from the bottom, his enemies attacked his rep core gamers forgot him.

Link fought with him.

Yoshi died for him.

F.L.U.D.D trusted him.

Peach loved him.

Wario? He's the drat fool that shot him.

There's a million games he hasn't done, but just you waiiiiiiit.

What's you name, man?

Mario M. Mario!

greatn fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 2, 2015

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

greatn posted:

Mario M. Mario!

k

Lemming posted:

I'm pretty sure that goomba has killed more than almost any other baddie, so don't feel too bad. It's very formidable.

Hammer Bros. are the real motherfuckers. Even Bowser's a chump next to those assholes and their hammer arcs. There's a reason you usually have to kill them from below.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Played through all of New Super Mario Bros U and it was positively delightful (sans Star World...I'll go back and get those coins). I may as well roll my enjoyment straight into New Luigi U, right?

Unrelated, I've decided to go fully digital with the WiiU from now on, so obviously I'm going to need an external HDD.

From what I've read, I can either get an externally powered drive, or get a Y connector cable (cause the U doesn't push out enough volts to power USB 3). Does one perform better/more stable than the other?

Platter vs. Solid State?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
External power is more stable, buy you can also plug the power end of the Y cable into a usb wall converter to make it essentially an external powered. Just get whatever has three best size/fit/aesthetic for your setup.

Mine has been plugged with a y cable into two USB ports on the back of my WiiU since 2012 with no issues

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lemming posted:

How do SMB1 goombas even hurt you? They don't have arms, or even a mouth like later generations of Goombas.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

greatn posted:

Mario M. Mario!

I loving love you.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

raditts posted:

How do SMB1 goombas even hurt you? They don't have arms, or even a mouth like later generations of Goombas.

they trip you like when a dog runs between your legs

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
why the hell do goombas look completely different only in super mario world

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Excels posted:

why the hell do goombas look completely different only in super mario world

Those are galoombas, different species.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

raditts posted:

They're based on mushrooms, so they could secrete lethal toxic spores

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

less laughter posted:

They're based on mushrooms, so they could secrete lethal toxic spores

They're chestnuts you heathen

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

greatn posted:

Those are galoombas, different species.

mind blown

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tatsuta Age posted:

http://www.amazon.com/RT-N66U-Dual-...rds=asus+router

That one. Never had a single issue. Thing is rock solid and fast.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Excels posted:

mind blown

They're all goombas, don't let the tyrant Princess Peach's revisionist history change the truth

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....
What are the chances we'll see some new Mario Kart DLC soon? I remember reading that Nintendo wasn't done with DLC for it a few months ago since the previous batch did well.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Looper posted:

They're all goombas, don't let the tyrant Princess Peach's revisionist history change the truth

They've only been a different species as of 3D World. The SMW goombas were always the odd ones out so it makes sense to just say they're a different enemy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I always thought the SMW ones were cuter but regular goombas have stepped up their game recently

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zonekeeper posted:

They've only been a different species as of 3D World. The SMW goombas were always the odd ones out so it makes sense to just say they're a different enemy.
They did have a different name in the Japanese version of SMW though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fix posted:

Will you be buying a copy of Devil's Third, The Taint Reaper?

Only when it's 1 or 2 dollars so I can put it on my shelf of novelty bad games like Lair, brink, Superman 64 etc.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Devils Third was going to be a more limited release, so copies of the famously bad game might one day be rare and valuable

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zonekeeper posted:

Imperial propaganda

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Trent posted:

I thought Devils Third was going to be a more limited release, so copies of the famously bad game might one day be rare and valuable

When is it coming out, anyway?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA's doing LPs now? Year Walk!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYZfmyTuhvg