Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm okay with cosmetic stretch goals, but they're not at all exciting. But I'm glad that it met its goal, regardless of whether I'm buying it or not. And the reason it's NA only is because Asmadi only has the rights in NA, someone else covers the rest of the world.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to see if Iello (I think they're the ones) make a KS that ships to Israel. There might be an Israeli version (there's one of the old version), but I'm not getting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Holy crap, the release of Timewatch may finally be in sight. (sometime in 2016 :v:)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Third Eye Games is getting ready to launch a KS for a second edition of Wu Xing: The Ninja Crusade, and has one of the better stretch goals I've seen.

quote:

LOCKED - $19,000 - Writer's Raise: This gets all of the freelancers, devoting their hard time and effort into making Ninja Crusade 2nd Edition as great as possible, a nice raise.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Evil Mastermind posted:

Third Eye Games is getting ready to launch a KS for a second edition of Wu Xing: The Ninja Crusade, and has one of the better stretch goals I've seen.

A couple of KS have done that, and any time I see it I know the people working on it are good people.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

grassy gnoll posted:

I'm still unclear on this.

I want the new content, and I want it in a digital format. Am I actually missing anything by getting the $80 tier versus the $100 PDF tier?

Not to be a jackass, but they really are making a hash of their reward tiers. I want to give them money, and it's surprisingly difficult to do so. I appreciate you trying to do damage control, though.

If you get the $80 Rising Threats reward, you'll get all the PDFs. You can't delete a reward level if there are any backers on it. Everyone will be taken care of and if some people overspent at the end of the Kickstarter, Arc Dream will work with them to deal with it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

A couple of KS have done that, and any time I see it I know the people working on it are good people.

Third Eye Games and Eloy Lasanta are indeed good people.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Evil Mastermind posted:

Third Eye Games and Eloy Lasanta are indeed good people.

Posthuman Studios did that as well for the Transhuman KS.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

clockworkjoe posted:

Posthuman Studios did that as well for the Transhuman KS.

Am I blind or is there no print option for Fall of Delta Green?

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Peas and Rice posted:

The book is coming out from Pelgrane Press. But originally you could order print and pdf in this Kickstarter and they just added the ability to order only the pdf.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

malkav11 posted:

This is, I suspect, a large part of why they're pointing at Lover in the Ice as their go to example of play. It's super creepy and wholly original.

Yes. Exactly.

homullus posted:

I mean . . . that's exactly what I was saying. If the form The Adversary is protean in your game, The Adversary doesn't need to be Mythos. If you're using Cthulu and Hounds of Tindalos and Arkham and blablahblah, it's a "monster of the week" setting, and player knowledge of the setting can detract from the feeling of incomprehensible horror. If you're not using those, why bother with Mythos at all? You are either actively using the thing that actually removes mystery due to its market saturation, or you are ignoring the depth the setting has. I guess you can use Cthulu and all the other usual suspects as a spice rather than a vegetable, usually making up your own threats, but occasionally giving players what they would have been expecting if you hadn't already broken their Mythos expectations.

Ok. I think I see now. I've made the mistake of using the term 'Mythos' when I really mean 'cosmic horror'. If you view the Mythos as simply the Usual Squamous Subjects that Sandy Peter's statted out as antagonists, I can see how they are really not scary anymore and are very much like Universal Horror monsters because of over exposure. Technically there is nothing intrinsically scary about a starfish headed creature flying around the Antarctic. The Fear comes from what that means for humanity's place in the universe.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

New stretch goals for the Delta Green Kickstarter! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-role-playing-game/posts/1370674

quote:

Upcoming Goals

At $105K, "DOWN IN THE DELTA": Adam Scott Glancy's story of Delta Green confronting horrors in New Orleans, told as emails to A-Cell from an unhappy agent. Available FREE to all backers.

At $110K, "ARCHINT": A new collection of new artifacts and spells created using the guidelines in the Case Officer's Handbook. ADD-ON COST: $5, PDF only. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."

At $115K, "THE CHILDREN OF ATLACH-NACHA": A horrifying new threat for Delta Green. Available FREE to all backers.

At $120K, A COLOR HARDBACK PRINTING OF THE CASE OFFICER'S HANDBOOK: At this level we'll print a full-color hardback edition of the Case Officer's Handbook. ADD-ON COST: $70 for the hardback and the PDF. (If you already pledged $30 above your Reward Tier to get it in PDF, just boost your pledge another $40 to get the hardback too.) When we meet this goal you can upgrade your Agent's Handbook if you wish. See the FAQ.

At $125K, "PROTOCOLS: THE UNRIPENED FRUIT": A report on ways for Delta Green agents to deal with unwanted corpses. Available FREE to all backers.

AT $130K, GAME MODERATOR'S SCREEN WITH QUICKSTART RULES AND STARTER SCENARIO: A GM screen for your table, short "quickstart" rules to teach new players fast, and a short starter scenario to begin play immediately. Available in print and PDF, price to be announced as we get closer. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."

At $135K, "MAKING HORROR SCENARIOS": Suggestions and examples for creating horror for your players in Delta Green. Available FREE to all backers.

At $140K, "ICONOCLASTS": A new scenario by Adam Scott Glancy, wherein Delta Green learns of the repercussions of ISIS zealots destroying artifacts that were better left alone. ADD-ON COST: $5, PDF only. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."

At $150K, "THE STAR CHAMBER": A new scenario by Greg Stolze, wherein Delta Green agents must untangle conflicting narratives from a mission that went very wrong. Greg calls it Delta Green meets Rashomon. ADD-ON COST: $5, PDF only. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."

At $160K, "IN THE COURT OF THE YELLOW KING": A short play by John Scott Tynes. Available FREE to all backers.

At $170K, "I HAVE SEEN THE YELLOW SIGN":A look the challenges of containing the King in Yellow "infection" in the Information Age. Available FREE to all backers.

At $180K: IMPOSSIBLE LANDSCAPES IN PDF: A sourcebook and full-length campaign where Delta Green agents face the influence of the King in Yellow, written by Dennis Detwiller with Daniel Harms, Robin Laws, and John Scott Tynes. ADD-ON COST: $20, PDF only. PDF included in tiers that get "All New PDFs Funded by This Project."

At $190K, "THE LAST SHOW": A short story of Delta Green and the King in Yellow. Available FREE to all backers.

At $200K, A COLOR HARDBACK PRINTING OF IMPOSSIBLE LANDSCAPES! This will be a beauty. ADD-ON COST: $50 for the hardback and the PDF. (If you already pledged $20 above your Reward Tier to get it in PDF, just boost your pledge another $30 to get the hardback too.)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Peas and Rice posted:

It's 50 bucks.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Only two days left on Fellowship, so I'm making one last post on it in this thread!

That's this post. Go check it out. We have a thread for it over here if you have any questions.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dungeon World Encounter Cards just launched, and looks pretty useful. That said, the funding goal seems pretty high.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Evil Mastermind posted:

Dungeon World Encounter Cards just launched, and looks pretty useful. That said, the funding goal seems pretty high.

37 dollars for less than two hundred cards seems like a lot of dollars for that many cards

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

37 dollars for less than two hundred cards seems like a lot of dollars for that many cards

Inkwell Ideas also made DW cards; looks like $50 for about 270 cards, a lot of which aren't "official" DW monsters.

I don't get why these cards end up being so expensive.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The goal is in CDN, which makes it roughly $35 USD for a deck shipped to a US address. I dunno if tarot-sized cards are that much more expensive than regular ones.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Bieeardo posted:

The goal is in CDN, which makes it roughly $35 USD for a deck shipped to a US address. I dunno if tarot-sized cards are that much more expensive than regular ones.

According to the Drivethrucards cost schedule 270 poker-sized cards is $16.20. The tile-sized cards are twice the price, so I assume tarot cards would be somewhere in the middle.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

It's been a while but I thought I'd post in here that my game :black101:Broken World:black101: is in BETA now.
Very pleased with the system so far. Dungeon World players should be very comfortable, and people completely new to tabletops have picked up how to play within an hour of starting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1601691240/broken-world-a-post-apocalypse-tabletop-rpg

Still a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm very pleased to finally have something out for BETA backers to look at.

I've reopened preorders for digital copies via paypal (in USD cause CAD went to poop) message me anywhere if you're interested.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I saw this Dark Age 28mm plastic outpost set not long after it launched and put it on reminder, now there's less than a day left I've remembered to go back and have a look, and it's turned into a pretty mad deal, especially at the gold backer level

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

My order from the Double Six kickstarter came in!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

From the Awful Kickstarters thread:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mwhogan/small-biz-vs-big-government/

That money.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

50 bucks for a sticker and a shirt? :psyduck: Nerds such as myself might be bad at finances, but even I can tell this is ridiculous.

e: as a bonus, the author gives the distinct impression of having...interesting political views.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

:catstare:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

:eyepop: Tea Party world view distilled into board game form.

I wonder how many of this terrible conservative kickstarters are just faux documentation for massive tax write offs.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Hey, here's a game about surviving as a small business owner in OBAMA'S AMERICA. It's really difficult to make a living, which is why I want $100 per copy of a game that looks and plays like Monopoly (retail price $12.99). What do you get for the extra $87? A sticker, a T-shirt, and enough right-wing propaganda to last you at least three or four playthroughs.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

8one6 posted:

My order from the Double Six kickstarter came in!

Mine came over the weekend and I'll say this: each one of those dice feels and looks loving high quality. The dude may have been spergy about the manufacturing but the final product is AWESOME.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They look kind of weird from that picture, I'll be honest.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I just received my copy of Among the Stars: Revival. Apparently they must be shipping? (I'm in the US, for regional reference.)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The dude's picture has him in a pickup, with a dog, and wearing a baseball cap. Of course.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

The dude's picture has him in a pickup, with a dog, and wearing a baseball cap. Of course.

If you look at his LinkedIn profile, he's literally in a yacht club.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

What's sad is that I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time someone's made a board game about this.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

The Case Officer's Handbook in hardback stretch goal has been achieved in the Delta Green Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-role-playing-game/posts/1372560

Details on how to upgrade the Agent's Handbook to the Case Officer's Handbook by upping your pledge are in the update. If you have any questions about how much everything is in, feel free to ask.

The Agent's Handbook will retail for $40 and $10 for US shipping so it costs $50 in the Kickstarter.

The Case Officer's Handbook will retail for $60 and $10 for US shipping so it costs $70 in the Kickstarter.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
The Others is in it's last 24 hours and for $100 you get a ton of stuff. I really want to back it but already in 2 other kickstarters, knee deep in models, and I'd honestly only get a handful of games in with friends over other established ones.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

NTRabbit posted:

I saw this Dark Age 28mm plastic outpost set not long after it launched and put it on reminder, now there's less than a day left I've remembered to go back and have a look, and it's turned into a pretty mad deal, especially at the gold backer level

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Its not gonna be the same quality, and certainly have fewer skulls, but I'm totally going to have about as big a fortress as that stupidly expensive skull fortress GW kit for less than what one part of it costs.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dulkor posted:

If you look at his LinkedIn profile, he's literally in a yacht club.

You sure it's the same guy? The creator of this piece of poo poo shares his name with a lawyer, and it's not like the name is uncommon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jedit posted:

You sure it's the same guy? The creator of this piece of poo poo shares his name with a lawyer, and it's not like the name is uncommon.

He has a link to his LinkedIn profile in his KS profile.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

thiswayliesmadness posted:

The Others is in it's last 24 hours and for $100 you get a ton of stuff. I really want to back it but already in 2 other kickstarters, knee deep in models, and I'd honestly only get a handful of games in with friends over other established ones.

This is where I'm at too. I want it but I bet it would end up sitting on my shelf and taking up way too much space. :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Eloy Lasanta (previously established to be Good People) just launched Wu Xing: The Ninja Crusade 2nd Edition. I liked the first edition well enough, but it had that "we want to simulate nutbag anime kung fu stuff, so we'll use a lot of numbers" problem. Third Eye Games' last few games have been veering away from heavy crunch, and while there's no backer draft I've got a good feeling about this game.

The setting is basically not-feudal-Japan, where ten warring ninja clans have been more-or-less part of life for centuries. But when the Emperor's wife and child are assassinated by an unknown ninja, he declares war on the clans, and now everyone has to put ancient grudges aside and work together to keep from getting wiped out.

Eloy made the first edition PWYW on DriveThru if you want to get a better feel for the setting since I'm kinda bottom-lining it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Timewatch proofread draft downloads are ready. Mine ended up in my Promotions folder in Gmail, so you might want to look.

• Locked thread