Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Look Under The Rock posted:

Oh I guess the discussion is still going, cool.

I've met a bunch of people from the internet. Thinking of them as real people is pretty helpful. I met my roomie on SA yeeeears ago. I love sending boxes of random weirdness to people from tumblr though I haven't done that in a while.

If you want a random box of weirdness, PM me your address with a secret about you. I will not reveal your secret to anyone and the most interesting secret will receive a Weirdness Box.

That's a cool idea, but I'm not going to make you ship international. Also if I told any of my real secrets you'd realize how truly terrible of a person I am. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My secrets are also too terrible.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It's weird to me to see people kinda nervous and dreading turning 30. I wasn't very social or active in anything outside d&d and magic the gathering when I was in highschool. I have no idea how I ever had girlfriends back then. Once I got into my early 20s I finally developed a real social life, a career path, and started worrying about my actual health. I'm 25 now and I feel phenomenal, shooting to swim around Manhattan when I hit 30. 30 is the new 21 minus as much drinking.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I have no secrets. OR DO I?

I will answer the next three questions directed to me truthfully.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Do you have any secrets?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Do you have any secrets?

No!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

Did you REALLY meet Ecco? Also third question: How much do you just HATE Ecco?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ya know Keane, I was so annoyed with you when my first interaction with you was a drat townie that refused to vote for a posting gimmick, but you're an alright fella.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Did you REALLY meet Ecco? Also third question: How much do you just HATE Ecco?

I did meet Ecco! And I don't hate ecco at all. Ecco is a lot of fun to play with and talk to and has a sharp wit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'll allow one more since Little Mac took two.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I have had a very crappy and busy week. Someone give me tips on how to de-stress, please

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Last night I had dinner with Amoeba, Bowmore, busb and Mills. The company was awesome. The food was not.
yep, company and beers/cider were very good and the booth was comfy

mills is not kanye

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

bowmore posted:

yep, company and beers/cider were very good and the booth was comfy

mills is not kanye

I disagree, I can confirm that mills is literally Kanye West.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uranus posted:

also i dont have many friends anymore and making new ones is a pain.

I definitely suggest Meeting Goons In Your Community. My local goonmeet thread has been a massive boost to my social life.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
haha busb talked up dinner so much

come to trivia

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

I have had a very crappy and busy week. Someone give me tips on how to de-stress, please

I destress by going out and chilling with friends. I think being social can be helpful, at least it is for me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What's becoming odd for me is the fact that I had a very pleasant adolescence. Everyone I cross tells me how much of a hell it was, but I really enjoyed being a teenager and I had a nice group of friends. I was nerdy in regards to literature, music, and video games and while I'd of liked to have done D&D it never came up. Overall everything I would've liked to have happened happened and it all went down pretty well.

And with that I leave you until tomorrow night.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Apparently Kanye was in the car and sent someone to drink some
beers with us

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Chic Trombone posted:

I recommend listening to music while doing other activities that are fun, enjoyable, and distracting.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

bowmore posted:

Apparently Kanye was in the car and sent someone to drink some
beers with us

Sounds like the Mills I know.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm a fan of escapism. Reading or video games or driving aimlessly and listening to music. Some music works better for certain instances. For example if I had romance stress I'd belt Weezer's Pinkerton. That's really the only specific example I can think of.

Right really. Good night.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

haha busb talked up dinner so much

come to trivia
if you move it to somewhere near Central I will come, or somewhere a quick stop from there

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

Chill music,hot bath, candles, relax.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Mar 27, 2020

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
cold beer and dumb movie

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

I'll allow one more since Little Mac took two.

are you actually good at dodgeball or do you just TALK THE TALK without WALKING THE WALK?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

are you actually good at dodgeball or do you just TALK THE TALK without WALKING THE WALK?

Me in blue on the right.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
You can ask me questions and I won't troll you for no reason, so I do not need to offer this. :D

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
My favorite cartoons through the ages game has ended in a Town and Pmush 3p victory!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
A reminder that my Watchmen Temple game has only 3 spots left and will start as soon as it fills up! Exciting!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Me in blue on the right.

I shivered irl.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What's becoming odd for me is the fact that I had a very pleasant adolescence. Everyone I cross tells me how much of a hell it was, but I really enjoyed being a teenager and I had a nice group of friends. I was nerdy in regards to literature, music, and video games and while I'd of liked to have done D&D it never came up. Overall everything I would've liked to have happened happened and it all went down pretty well.

And with that I leave you until tomorrow night.

Agreed, sorta. Childhood was terrible. I was teased and beat up a lot, just bullied to no end. I didn't have very many friends and was just seen as weird to many people. I got a bad reputation when I was very little and because I went through school with the same group of kids it just stayed with me. I was shy but also would have angry outbursts.

Then I went to an arts high school where I got to pursue my passion of music, but also I didn't know a single person at that school. I got to completely reinvent myself and just pushed aside all that shyness and anxiety and forced myself to be happy and loud and outgoing. I overcompensated and was a very annoying person for a year, but then I mellowed and high school was frankly amazing. I had friends that I still consider my absolute best friends in the world and I love them dearly, and while I am happy now and there were problems them, part of me still wishes I could relive those years and that freedom of just being happy with them.

Undergrad was sorta meh. I lived at home so didn't get the whole dorm experience and I went to a very large school in a very popular program so it was impossible to meet people in my 500 people lectures. I eventually started hanging out at the LGBT centre on campus and met some fantastic people there and we became friends, but it was a fairly big centre and there were a lot of people coming and going, and I'm the kind of person who really likes 2-3 really really close friends over dozens of acquaintances, so I never really felt like I could get very close with all of the people who also spent time there. I spent most of the time missing my high school friends and that closeness we had.

Then I worked for a few years and that was honestly a pretty lonely time. I didn't really socialize with people at work, and while some of my high school friends had moved back home after undergrad, things had changed and we weren't as close. We still spent time together, but not as much as I would have liked.

When I went to my first grad school, that was a lot of fun. I ended up with a small group of friends who I really got along with, although it took almost 2 years for us to start hanging out on a regular basis, but we'd end up having board game nights every week and we'd go out together and it was just a lot of fun.

Now I've been living in this city for over 2 years and it honestly feels like undergrad again. I have some friends, but more just people I know and nobody I feel particularly close to in that same way, so it does feel lonely sometimes. I'm still social and it's hard to force that kind of relationship with someone where you just become super close, so I dunno if it'll happen while I live here.

Man I'm feeling all introspective today, between the internet history and now real life history.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CCKeane posted:

Guys, we got punked by Kanye. He sent his personal banker to have dinner with us.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Guys, we got punked by Kanye. He sent his personal banker to have dinner with us.
lol yep

his banker was a nice guy though

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

Man I'm feeling all introspective today, between the internet history and now real life history.

I very much appreciate this peer into your mind and soul and history; thank you for sharing.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I will answer the next three questions truthfully but then after that might still answer questions truthfully but then those answers might also be lies, not sure, but those first three will def be truth.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I barely remember much of my life before I moved to Germany, but I distinctly recall social ostracism and weirdness. Then I moved to Germany, and was to integrate myself into a social circle where I was not inherently working at a disadvantage due to my newness to the particulars of the group dynamics in question. I maintained my weirdness, but came to own and take pride it in it my strangeness and nerdiness, to the point where it was not a point of weakness but a mark of strength. I got nominated to prom court my junior year!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Little Mac posted:

I will answer the next three questions truthfully but then after that might still answer questions truthfully but then those answers might also be lies, not sure, but those first three will def be truth.

what is your height

what is your favorite color

how do you feel about the upcoming 2016 election re:statewide offices?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Now I've been living in this city for over 2 years and it honestly feels like undergrad again. I have some friends, but more just people I know and nobody I feel particularly close to in that same way, so it does feel lonely sometimes. I'm still social and it's hard to force that kind of relationship with someone where you just become super close, so I dunno if it'll happen while I live here.

I kinda feel that way having moved to a new city in May. I haven't met a ton of people and I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to going out and meeting people. It's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
How much do you enjoy ice cream?

What is your favourite colour?

Do you use your phone while on the toilet?