Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Holy poo poo Present Mic. So excited to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I want principle mouse's quirk to be "literally Sagat in a mouse man body"

Because i am getting serious fighting game vibes from that page. One of the ppses has to be a reference i feel it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nearly all of the poses are fighting game references to be honest. no. 13's reminds me of tager from blazblue.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
http://www.ishuhui.com/archives/374717

Chinese Raws out!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh dang, looks like we're getting some good shots of the other groups after all. Among other things, Tokoyami and Tsuyu showing off some great teamwork against "Ectoplasm", whose power seems to involve clones of himself. Also huh, Aizawa's hunting down Todoroki and Yaoyorozu or something? Hoo boy, they better hope he doesn't get the drop on them.

Also All Might annihilated a street with one punch, because of course he did. Deku and Bakugou seem to need to steal his bracers, which I think is the opposite of Ashido and Kaminari's goal; looking at those tiny handcuffs I would guess they have to capture the principal or something. Or maybe those are power limiters on All Might? (Given his obliterating that street, probably not.) Either way, should be interesting.

Edit: Just gave it another view. Poor Yaoyorozu seems to still be suffering from insecurity/self-esteem issues. I really hope she ends up having something good happens to her soon.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 2, 2015

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roland Jones posted:

Also All Might annihilated a street with one punch, because of course he did. Deku and Bakugou seem to need to steal his bracers, which I think is the opposite of Ashido and Kaminari's goal; looking at those tiny handcuffs I would guess they have to capture the principal or something. Or maybe those are power limiters on All Might? (Given his obliterating that street, probably not.) Either way, should be interesting.

All Might's bracers aren't there for Deku and Bakugou to capture. Those are weighted bracers (developed by Hatsuko Mei) with a total weight of half of All-Might's bodyweight. They are there to slow down his movements and give Deku and Bakugou a fighting chance, so that the choice between "stay and fight the No. 1 hero in the world" and "run away" isn't so clear-cut.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 2, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do we know yet if All Might's abilities confer some level of ultra-durability? I want to say that they do based upon him taking all those punches from Noumu (who seemingly had ultra-strength himself), but we haven't really gotten any hint at Deku's usage of One-for-All conferring such abilities (it makes sense it wouldn't be apparent when he was just using the ability in bursts, but now that he applies to his whole body over long periods of time it seems like it should take effect).

Anyways, if they do then I can't imagine Deku or Bakugou being able to hurt him even if they were given free reign to just lay into him.

Also, I really doubt that this fight is going to result in All Might's secret being revealed to Bakugou. All Might knows how long he can keep using his ability (which I seem to recall being at least a couple hours a day), and they're not going to be fighting him for hours. The only reason Deku caught him is that he was forced to use his ability longer by a situation he hadn't anticipated.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 2, 2015

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Do we know yet if All Might's abilities confer some level of ultra-durability? I want to say that they do based upon him taking all those punches from Noumu (who seemingly had ultra-strength himself), but we haven't really gotten any hint at Deku's usage of One-for-All conferring such abilities (it makes sense it wouldn't be apparent when he was just using the ability in bursts, but now that he applies to his whole body over long periods of time it seems like it should take effect).

He can presumably shove energy into a location he's about to get hit - or more accurately is so much better at using it than Deku that he's already doing that all the time everywhere.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

Edit: Just gave it another view. Poor Yaoyorozu seems to still be suffering from insecurity/self-esteem issues. I really hope she ends up having something good happens to her soon.

I really hope they start going through the other student's development. They've been hinting at that character for a few chapters now here and there so hopefully it's their time to shine, especially considering how strong their quirk is.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

JosephWongKS posted:

All Might's bracers aren't there for Deku and Bakugou to capture. Those are weighted bracers (developed by Hatsuko Mei) with a total weight of half of All-Might's bodyweight. They are there to slow down his movements and give Deku and Bakugou a fighting chance, so that the choice between "stay and fight the No. 1 hero in the world" and "run away" isn't so clear-cut.

That doesnt sound like much unless he weighs a goodly amount of tons in hero mode.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That doesnt sound like much unless he weighs a goodly amount of tons in hero mode.

I read it a second time and it turns out I mis-read it the first time round. Each of the bracers weighs half his body-weight, so four bracers will equal twice his body-weight.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Eat your heart out, Goku. =P

Also, it looks like he's wearing six. Two on each arm, and one on each leg.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think at last tally All Might himself said he can last maybe 50 minutes in muscle form, less if he uses his power more. Test is 30 minutes. Possible but not likely.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://manga.famatg.com/read/my_hero_academia/en/0/61/page/1

A chapter, if you desire.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This particular test seems especially designed to immediately gently caress over Deku and Bakugou, though I have to imagine that's the point.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I was right about Mineta's opponent, but that was an obvious one.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some nice ice climbers action by frog girl and bird boy

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Tsuyu and Fumikage work well together. Also, not a bad game plan coming from Todoroki. I figured Momo might use her power to create some tools in advance, but the breadcrumb idea is actually pretty solid. Shame it seems to be another blow to Momo's self-confidence.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This particular test seems especially designed to immediately gently caress over Deku and Bakugou, though I have to imagine that's the point.
Hoping Bakugou finally cashes all those reality checks he's been letting pile up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think it'd be best for Bakugou's character arc if he gets utterly crushed here.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Tsuyu has proven to be a good team player. She also was paired with birdboy in the original battle assessment.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I think Tokoyami is really my favorite character out of all of them. He's got a great, iconic, and recognizable character design and characterwise he's down to earth and cool without being aloof. Nice going, birdboy. :911:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I voted for him in the character popularity poll we still haven't heard back from.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bad Seafood posted:

I voted for him in the character popularity poll we still haven't heard back from.

The last page of the latest chapter says that the results of the poll will be published in the next chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JosephWongKS posted:

The last page of the latest chapter says that the results of the poll will be published in the next chapter.

I do honestly want to know how everyone has placed so far.

Top 10 predictions anyone. (No need to aim for order just who will be in it.)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

Neat.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I do honestly want to know how everyone has placed so far.

Top 10 predictions anyone. (No need to aim for order just who will be in it.)
Deku for sure, likely Tsuyu.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am betting Uraraka or Tsuyu for the top slot.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Fabricated posted:

Tsuyu has proven to be a good team player. She also was paired with birdboy in the original battle assessment.

If she and birdboy have a kid then that kid would be unstoppable.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

If the fujoshi roll in it's obviously Todoroki.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Todoroki is definitely gonna place high.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I imagine that the only way Deku's team can win is, as Deku mentioned, through escape. Even if All Might just let Deku hit him it still wouldn't do much damage (judging from the fact that he could take a bunch of punches from Noumu), and the same probably goes for Bakugou.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Soylentbits posted:

If she and birdboy have a kid then that kid would be unstoppable.

I, too, endorse the frogmouth pairing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The only way I see them winning is if they exploit Deku's knowledge of All Might's declining health. Like maybe force him to use too much of his power and lose his buff form.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All Might would probably just instantly knock both of them out of the arena before letting Bakugou in on the secret.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
All Might doesn't seem very bright.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Fumikage has quickly proven that the author can in fact a pretty nice cloak. I love cloaks.

I also really like the setup being specifically to test unit cohesion, and you can see some obvious parallels in western superhero comics. The whole sidekick/partner thing, and you can even see how some of the dynamics are quickly falling into either, though with Bakugou and Midoriya failing to communicate entirely. Interested on how the comic will try to resolve the two, or if maybe they'll actually fail.

The Academic setting is proving really useful in that regard.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

RatHat posted:

I think it'd be best for Bakugou's character arc if he gets utterly crushed here.

Yup.

RatHat posted:

All Might doesn't seem very bright.

He might need to teach off cue cards, but he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders.

Jintor fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 3, 2015

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Jintor posted:

He might need to teach off cue cards, but he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders.

I mean there's nothing wrong with pre-writing your teaching stuff; it shows you're prepared.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

RatHat posted:

I cannot wait to see Bakugou's reaction when he realizes that All Might caused more damage with one air-punch than he can probably cause with his biggest blasts, at least at the moment. And while handicapped at that. Or for when he goes all out and All Might no-sells every bit of it. That moment when he realizes the heights he still has to climb to reach the top basically.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

tsob posted:

I cannot wait to see Bakugou's reaction when he realizes that All Might caused more damage with one air-punch than he can probably cause with his biggest blasts, at least at the moment. And while handicapped at that. Or for when he goes all out and All Might no-sells every bit of it. That moment when he realizes the heights he still has to climb to reach the top basically.

I think it'd just make him angrier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Being angry is pretty much Bakugou's reaction to everything, including just existing.