Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

It never seemed to stop the Gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

raverrn posted:

I knew that question would get an anime answer. Thank you, anime expert. :anime:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Soulfucker posted:

Another picture dump!

Today I got to play a round against my brother and his Space Marines for the most purple army-trophy. The game itself meant more to me than your usual match would because he has been battling a nerve disease for the past year and only now was in a condition to play with his own two hands. Since he obviously hasn't played in a very long time I took one of my worst lists available and it was more than enough to give him a victory by 10 points over my 4!

Ground forces from hive fleet Leviathan (Limbo tendril) are lured into an ambush inside a devestated hive city by the Brotherhood chapter, intense fighting ensues.

Some marines are caught off-guard by hordes of ripper swarms or ravening Raveners, but prevail in the end thanks to the power of the 3+ armor save.

This Carnifex failed its charge against the Dreadnought pictured; it suffered several powerfist blows for its efforts in the following turn. In the meantime, the Purple Terror eats a marine Sergeant.

As the Hive Tyrant engages a squad of plasma cannon marines that have been a thorn in its side for the past turn, the Chapter Master and some hand-picked Terminator veterans :siren: DEEP STRIKE :siren: right into the enemy lines to assist their brethren.

At this point I had lost the game already, but we kept going until turn 5 where his units tabled the last of the bugs. It was entertaining, and next time I'll definitely take some more competitive units to the mix since he had no trouble at all dealing with my terrible list. This was the first and last time I'll ever take a 5 strong brood of Zoanthropes. :v:

This looks great.

There have been some great shots of armies in this thread as of late, good stuff.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

raverrn posted:

EspeciallyZephyranthes.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Safety Factor posted:

I knew that question would get an anime answer. Thank you, anime expert. :anime:

Man, of all the things to complain about Games Workshop 'Staying too close the source material' isn't one of them.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

raverrn posted:

Man, of all the things to complain about Games Workshop 'Staying too close the source material' isn't one of them.

That's not what I'm doing. I figured the goonsay would give it away, I just wanted to be pedantic for the sake of it. :v:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

Please switch to Iron Warriors rules because -1S to ranged weapons makes me nanners.

Only if forgeworld makes them as good as the fists

(because they can't even give us consistent looking models)

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

Only if forgeworld makes them as good as the fists

(because they can't even give us consistent looking models)

No kidding, the morale rules rock, but people have to ask me what wrecker is, then ask what's the point.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Oh, but we also get a lovely praetor upgreydd that gives up extra victory points and heavy bolters get pinning for free! Also Cortex Controllers, but we could already take those, but whatever they wrote it in again because we needed something more right?

Compared with:
+1BS for all bolt weapons
Free tank hunters for heavy support squads
Re-roll hits in the first turn of challenges
Storm Shields as standard wargear
Deep striking terminators as standard wargear
Mary Sues

:effort:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Oh, but we also get a lovely praetor upgreydd that gives up extra victory points and heavy bolters get pinning for free! Also Cortex Controllers, but we could already take those, but whatever they wrote it in again because we needed something more right?

Compared with:
+1BS for all bolt weapons
Free tank hunters for heavy support squads
Re-roll hits in the first turn of challenges
Storm Shields as standard wargear
Deep striking terminators as standard wargear
Mary Sues

:effort:

Buy Ferrus Manus.

Do it pussy you won't

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'll have to convert him

So he walks around carrying his head, like the headless horsman

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Imperial Fists get good rules to match the difficulty level of painting yellow.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Out of the warp thought lost months ago arrives something I commissioned from Pierre.

The little Guilliman quote is pretty sweet too, it is my favorite.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ghost Hand please let FW know that Something Awful poster BULBASAUR hopes future legions get the same cool fluffy fair and balanced treatment with rules such as:
  • +1 strength in melee against buildings
  • Special pinning ammunition for rotor cannons (-1 AP)
  • Re-roll hits against immobilized vehicles
  • +1 BS and +1 toughness when falling back
  • Exchange special weapons for FREE plasma pistols
  • +1 WS when going to ground
  • Free dozer blades on all units except rhinos, landraiders, and spartans

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Here's where the 4 million pounds went when GW made their new website.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They're trying really hard to make that thing seem cool.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BULBASAUR posted:

I'll have to convert him

So he walks around carrying his head, like the headless horsman

Easy conversion: glue his head to his hammer. Home run!

Slightly harder conversion: replace Fulgrim's sword with a baseball glove. Does he catch it before it is out of the park?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Set a launch spring in his torso and a little switch in the back so you can fire his head out like some cheap toy missile.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Rulebook Heavily posted:

They're trying really hard to make that thing seem cool.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

OK, what the gently caress? Is the content region-based or what? I switched to PL and all I got was KHORNE KHORNE KHORNE BUY KHORNE DAEMONS, the GW logo being the Tau one already. Switched to 40k section... KHORNE, SIGMAR. :wtc:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

lol @ this loving $140 open-topped battlesuit

Didn't you read the description? It's the first ever not-battlesuit, reeee!!!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Man, I was really hoping it'd have a closed hatch. That's silly and doesn't fit the Tau design ethos at all. Aside from that I like it though.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
GWs UK site seems to have forgotten to actually put the Stormsurge up. They've changed the logo to a Tau one, but no new models.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I lold

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
So I haven't really done any serious kitbashing or larger scale conversions in a long time, but I mashed together a Taurox and a Trukk to make a pair of Trukks for my Blood Axes. I think they came out pretty good:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
^^^^ owns

SRM posted:

Man, I was really hoping it'd have a closed hatch. That's silly and doesn't fit the Tau design ethos at all. Aside from that I like it though.

I'm in that same boat, but at $140, having to convert it to cover a basic/huge loving oversight is a dealbreaker for me

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 3, 2015

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

SRM posted:

So I haven't really done any serious kitbashing or larger scale conversions in a long time, but I mashed together a Taurox and a Trukk to make a pair of Trukks for my Blood Axes. I think they came out pretty good:

Love it!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Are there any base sizes somewhere between a terminator and dreadnought/sentinel?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I just watched a battlereport where the guy combat squaded and stuck them in the same pod. Can you do that? I feel like an idiot not combat squading my podded dudes if this is an option.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
"In an exception to the normal rules, two combat squads split from the same unit can embark in the same transport vehicle, providing the transport capacity allows."

Sorry, I'm terrible at phone posting

Pendent fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 3, 2015

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pendent posted:

"In an exception to the normal rules, two combat squads can embark in the same transport vehicle, providing the transport capacity allows."

Cool so they can be from different parent troop selections as long as they are combat squads?

Cool way to get two vet sargs with combi melta and two melta guns in one vehicle with two 5 mans with whatever heavy weapon hanging back.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

Are there any base sizes somewhere between a terminator and dreadnought/sentinel?

There's the 50mm that the tyranid warriors in deathstorm came on.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Uroboros posted:

I just watched a battlereport where the guy combat squaded and stuck them in the same pod. Can you do that? I feel like an idiot not combat squading my podded dudes if this is an option.

dude thats like the reason to play marines

why the gently caress do you think I go on and on about 2 meltas/heavy flamer BA in pods?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Naramyth posted:

why the gently caress do you think I go on and on about 2 meltas/heavy flamer BA in pods?

Because you're a jerk. <:mad:>

But yes, Marines should be doing this. Sometimes it's better to keep them as one, usually better to combat squad.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
How should I build IG to beat a crisis suit tau army?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

jesus loving christ it looks like a mecha t-rex pushing out a turd

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
it's also $250 australian dollarydoos.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
It's literally Metal Gear REX.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Naramyth posted:

dude thats like the reason to play marines

How does that work exactly? You can put multiple units into a single dedicated transport?

Hencoe posted:

There's the 50mm that the tyranid warriors in deathstorm came on.

Perfect! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Recoome posted:

it's also $250 australian dollarydoos.
I believe the following internal GW currency conversion chart might help explain this.

• Locked thread