Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Was Bill drunk? He flubbed like 20 lines, at least. Get well soon, Bill.

weekly font posted:

fuckin' Measurement Man tho.

Also, this. Forever. Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Amazing live show - Phillies, Bay Side High, spank bank, and the international cast/subtitles riffs were among my favorites.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

They made fun of reddit and I yelled DO YOU HAVE STAIRS

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

No I didn't but there was this goony guy near the front who tried to throw a couple of his own riffs in.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Breadallelogram posted:

No I didn't but there was this goony guy near the front who tried to throw a couple of his own riffs in.

:frogout: You might as well pull your cell phone out!

Great live show, and Measuring Man plus the preview of Jack and the Beanstalk were quite special.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

i think they missed some riffs.

Also beard man is probably the worst actor not named tommy wiseau i've ever seen

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SirPhoebos posted:

Great live show, and Measuring Man plus the preview of Jack and the Beanstalk were quite special.
That loving golden hen, holy poo poo. I guess they expected it to never be shown on a clear screen bigger than a glitter covered foot

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

What do you think Measuring Man's arch-villain is?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Chris Hanson.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was such a weird movie because I'm pretty sure it didn't actually have a plot and was just a series of loosely connected scenes.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

muscles like this? posted:

It was such a weird movie because I'm pretty sure it didn't actually have a plot and was just a series of loosely connected scenes.

And yet it still made more loving sense than Birdemic.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Have a seat.

Did you want to check how tall that chair is? Why check out my ruler!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

:frogout: You might as well pull your cell phone out!

I was going to go down and kill him but I think somebody sitting closer to him told him to shut the gently caress up because he stopped after a couple minutes.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

weekly font posted:

Yeah a great bad movie is made with heart and this clearly is for a different reason than The Room.

I know what you mean, and I was honestly afraid the guys wouldn't get that. But I could tell that they respected the moxie of this movie, more than any "bad" movie they've ever done. Hell, you could see it in the scene where the scorned music manager confronts the club owner ("THEY PLAY THEIR GODDAMN MUSIC FOR KIDS"); not a lot of riffing, just Kevin and Bill laughing their asses off.

I mean, think about it; how many times did they have to watch this movie to write the riffs, nail the delivery, etc? And that scene STILL gets them.

Trot_to_Trotsky
Dec 9, 2000
Must... Destroy... Capitalism...
Grimey Drawer
This was my third time seeing a RiffTrax Live at the Belcourt in Nashville, and I'm pretty sure this was my favorite of the bunch. It lends itself so well to a riffing, isn't too long, and has enough naturally funny on-screen moments. Plus I think a good portion of the crowd hadn't seen it before, and it was nice to see their genuine reaction.

Like my wife. I thought she was going to pass out after the "OHMYGODDD" line.

BigRed0427 posted:

A man 72 apples tall.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

A dance belt.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My theater just showed ads

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BigRed0427 posted:

An invincible gray monster with rulers jutting out of his skin.

Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but I'm shipping Measuring Man and Safety Woman.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was at one of the Orlando showings and YK Kim's chain of dojos was promoting itself right in front of the theater. A bunch of people from that group were cheering at certain points. I think the family of one of the main actors was there because he got a big ovation during the credits when they showed his name.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but I'm shipping Measuring Man and Safety Woman.

Measuring Man is clearly married to that witch that loves powdered milk and hates frozen spinach.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Measuring Man is the father of 'Artie, the Strongest Man in the World' from The Adventures of Pete & Pete, clearly

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'm a student at UCF and saw this in a movie theatre just off campus. That was surreal. The campus still looks exactly the same, but with less parking.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was at one of the Orlando showings and YK Kim's chain of dojos was promoting itself right in front of the theater. A bunch of people from that group were cheering at certain points. I think the family of one of the main actors was there because he got a big ovation during the credits when they showed his name.

Might have been Kim himself. They said he was watching from a theater in orlando. Or it's possible that it was just his students cheering him.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I'm uploading the pics I got of some of the slides, and I'll post them as soon as Imgur lets me.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 2, 2015

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Might have been Kim himself. They said he was watching from a theater in orlando. Or it's possible that it was just his students cheering him.
There were about 6 different theaters showing the movie in the area

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

That's all I got. I know I missed a bunch.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 2, 2015

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I appreciated Bill making the comparison to Abel Gance's "Napoleon" with how the widescreen sequences in "Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny" looked.

DivisionPost posted:

I know what you mean, and I was honestly afraid the guys wouldn't get that. But I could tell that they respected the moxie of this movie, more than any "bad" movie they've ever done. Hell, you could see it in the scene where the scorned music manager confronts the club owner ("THEY PLAY THEIR GODDAMN MUSIC FOR KIDS"); not a lot of riffing, just Kevin and Bill laughing their asses off.

I mean, think about it; how many times did they have to watch this movie to write the riffs, nail the delivery, etc? And that scene STILL gets them.
That's one of the changes I've really liked with Rifftrax is they let the funny moments within the movie breathe a little more. With the live show of "Manos" there were several moments you could tell they intentionally didn't riff over because they were so unintentionally funny or awkward, and this was the same way. That scene with the club manager had me in tears this time around and I'd already seen the movie unriffed several times.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Can someone tell me what the Heavy Rain slide said? I missed a bunch of the slides :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Thanks for the slide pictures :) I completely missed them because I got there pretty much right as it was starting.

That was a really fun time. Measuring Man was hilarious and creepy, and it was great to see Miami Connection on the big screen for the first time. Most of the jokes landed really well. I'm glad I went to this one.

Looking forward to that new print of Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny in December!

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
That was amazing. I had never seen the movie before so when they got to the part with the Asian guy wandering around force-feeding breakfast to all the other guys, I briefly couldn't breathe. Also I feel like I might want to give being Measuring Man for Halloween a shot, that was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I still have no idea what was supposed to have happened in that movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

STUPID COCAINE!

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Leelee posted:

Can someone tell me what the Heavy Rain slide said? I missed a bunch of the slides :(

parasyte fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 3, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

At its core the plot is "a guy is dating a girl whose brother is in the drug trade; the guy and his friends get into fights with the brother's gang and draw the attention of the larger syndicate".

Then you add in the music numbers and the nightclub and the practice fights and the eating scenes and the stuff at the gym and the motorcycles and the bikers and the nose-foot grabbing. Also ninjas.

By the way, make sure you email surprise@rifftrax.com; you get a high quality MP3 of "Friends".

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm still not sure why this movie was called 'Miami Connection', as only a good 2% of the movie took place in Miami and was not referenced again after the opening credits.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

CaptainYesterday posted:

I'm still not sure why this movie was called 'Miami Connection', as only a good 2% of the movie took place in Miami and was not referenced again after the opening credits.
It all ties back to "The French Connection", where the same thing holds true. The very first sequence takes place in France, the rest of the movie is in New York, but the main Macguffin, the heroin being sold, originates from France.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

BigRed0427 posted:

Captain Metric :911:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Wandering Knitter posted:

Is there going to be a second showing? I'm horribly sick and had to miss it.

Next Tuesday. I missed it too, serves me right for having kids.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Definitely. Miami Connection being an amazing movie doesn't hurt either.

When it comes to "bad" movies, I would much rather watch Miami Connection than the Room, Troll 2, or Birdemic.

The Room live show was fantastic though, I highly recommend it if they come out with a DVD of it or something.
The riff is a lot better than the original, if only because they have actual jokes in place of all the Disembaudio poo poo.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Two things: One, we've been talking about it for a while, so we bought tickets to the Nashville show for Santa & the Ice Cream Bunny! Can't wait!

Two, we tried to watch Rollergator (had to fast-forward through most of it). A couple hours afterward, my wife angrily showed me her newest Animal Crossing villager:

Edit: Three things: Miami Connection was amazing oh my god!

Reo fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Reo posted:

Edit: Three things: Miami Connection was amazing oh my god!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R_0xBRsjlg

oh my god

Seriously, you have to see this movie. If you didn't go Thursday, go to the replay. I laughed until I was dizzy.

Dr_Strangelove fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 3, 2015

• Locked thread